As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wheel of [MiniPhalla]- Game Over, Seanchan/Village victory!

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have no idea how I'm going to stay sane.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Am I too late?

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    spreadsheets.

man spreadsheets. even if you do them very simply like i do because i'm not smart enough to do the fancy things, they're godsends.

I ran my first mini using notepad and a real notepad. Not fun. lol.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hey, we have our last player!

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    balefire might just be a tricksy mechanic. that might take some work. best thing I can think of would be it's a one time use ability and it kills the target of the balefire ability and then invalidates the rest of the day.

now, if the target of the ability was say the lead of the vote (just for amusement sake) then I would think that it would take out not only the vote leader, but anybody who was within say a 2-3 vote margin. So if the vote was something like 10, 9, 7 for the top three, and the ability was aimed at the vote winner, than the other two would also be removed. Something like a bomb. But invalidating everything else that turn, seers, guards, kills, everything and the day would reset.

but that's very simplistic. hmmm

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Balefire removes the player entirely from the time-stream, nullifying all of their actions throughout the game.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I know how I've got it working, but it's going to be hell to keep up with.

Okay, PM's will be going out in minute then I'll throw up opening day narration.

For spoilers, there will be minor character spoilers up to Knife of Dreams/The Gathering Storm. Nothing too bad.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You Are...

Bili Congar.

Haha you suck. Have fun Sir Fab.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    oohhhh

part of me wants to be Osan'gar, part of me doesn't.

hmmmm

I honestly have no idea what I want right now, i'm feeling kinda wicked...

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think Aran'gar would be a great role to have. Has the potential to break so many rules.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Asmodean all the way.

One of my favorite characters

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ohman, asmodean would be fun.

Graendal would also be fun, if we were doing purely a Chosen game.

man there are so many ways and so many different games you could pull from the world. Which is probably why I like it..

A huge main game with Chosen, Children of the Light, Aes Sedai, Black Ajah, Seanchan, Dragonsworn, The Prophet, Aiel, Shaido Aiel, The Seafarers who's names I've forgotten.

Hell you could do an entire mini set just within the political realm of Caemlyn.

what.. stop looking at me like i've gone mad. It's clean!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I do love the Children of the Light.

Largely because any psychotically religious sect of crazy people appeals to me for some reason I don't understand

LoserForHireX on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    yeah, i don't understand that either. But you could do so much with a huge game, so many factions and factions within factions and everybody with their own win conditions.

you'd probably melt your brain in the process and be completely useless for anything resembling the real world for a time afterwards. Like the poor guy who ran pokephalla, I think that was Obbi.

dead to the world.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Start of the first day

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

oO4HS.jpg
    Rand al'Thor, The Dragon Reborn, surveyed the sprawling armies spread out below him. They had come from all over the world, all at his command. Well, not entirely at his command. The Pattern the Wheel of Time wove drove them all together, here at the Last Battle. Some were here to stop him, see that the Light failed and the Dark One destroyed the world. Some were here for their own misguided reasons, thinking that channellers were inherently dangerous and needed to be controlled. Some were here because they were mad, and just wanted it all to end.

Well, one way or another, it will soon be over.

Vote in red for one target to be executed on suspicion of being a Darkfriend

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thetheroo

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited May 2011

:(

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    suspicion of being Darkfriend?

Who among us could fall from the Light and live forever into the Dark?

I am not yet sure.

For giggles I would have to say VoidSlayer.

Simply because the Void is a good thing, as it opens Rand up to the One Power and all of his abilities stem from finding the Void.

And Voidslayer wants to slay that peace. It says so right there in his name.

Of course, that could just be silliness.

but.... hmmm

this will require more thought.

and also less hyperness. i am rather hyper. I wonder why...

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    duna is in this game, right?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    El Skid wrote: »
    e- Oh man, baelfire as a mechanic would be awesome!

I want to run a time-travel mini, but figuring out how to work proper time-travel mechanics would be ridiculous with more than one time traveler. I know Burnage's mini was themed that way, but I think I want horrifyingly complicated time travel mechanics.

If there's any game I really wish I had been around to participate in, it's Varcayn's Timeline Phalla

Just look at the OP:
    What is different is that players who would typically be killed on each day are returned to Day 1 and begin the game again. 24 hours later they will move on to Day 2, perhaps for the second time, while others move forward to Day 3 and more still are returned to Day 1. Such players will continue to play and will continue to cast votes and have access to any special abilities they may have. Mechanics also exist that can move people between days at will, but they are limited in nature.

There are several catches here. The first is that you can only use your special abilities on people in the same day as you, unless otherwise noted. The second is that while players may move between days, your votes are permanent.

oh my god

Of course, the first thing I would do is make sure lonelyahava didn't win

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    suspicion of being Darkfriend?

Who among us could fall from the Light and live forever into the Dark?

I am not yet sure.

For giggles I would have to say VoidSlayer.

Simply because the Void is a good thing, as it opens Rand up to the One Power and all of his abilities stem from finding the Void.

And Voidslayer wants to slay that peace. It says so right there in his name.

Of course, that could just be silliness.

but.... hmmm

this will require more thought.

and also less hyperness. i am rather hyper. I wonder why...

It is the void of emotions I slay, only in embracing and understanding oneself can control really be maintained.

Hiding ones emotions is a crutch or a trick for those just beginning on the path.

And not having those emotions at all, well that is even more dangerous.

The only real void is the Dark One.

Remember, vote early, vote often. Sir Fabulous is here!

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ringo, dingo. That's no nice way to treat me. I didn't kill you in the last game.

I really didn't.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    El Skid

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Zandracon wrote: »
    El Skid

Second! El Skid!

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ringo, dingo. That's no nice way to treat me. I didn't kill you in the last game.

I really didn't.

I'm grudging the people who very politely told me they weren't going to bother healing me. :P

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    lol oh my silly Dingo.

I was healing others that night.

but the game isn't over and I'm not dead yet.

So, it's probably better off to not talk about it here, hmm?

Edit:: it seems to me that the sentence that was here before could be used to construe something about the Phalla that is not this phalla. And yeah... last thing i want is to be accused of cheating ro something.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yes yes, leave your phallaspeculation at the door

I'm only talking about that game to keep myself from talking about that other game!

So, how was Timeline Phalla, by the way? Reading the last couple pages I see some villagers were bored, but the premise still looks like fun to meeee

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Void Slayer

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    timeline was....

dramatic.

I was Mafia, and it was just insane trying to keep up with everything. It was I think erich Zahn's first or second game and he was.... enthusiastic at best. and impossible to control.

dramatic and chaotic.

really that's about all I remember but man it was just... it was really quite insane

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SnitSnit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    im going with ahava because i hate reading

Snit on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    you're an obnoxious twit, snit.

just saying.

Also, I am concerned with Zandy switching votes as he is so quickly. Roo has a tendency for some bizarre mechanics if I remember his first mini right.

I do not put it past him to have a role that requires multiple votes a day for different people.

Although who that might be, I have no idea. I would think maybe Padan Fain, but also possibly Matrim could fit that. what with rolling the dice and playing the odds.....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SnitSnit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i will vote for ahava again for liking dominos

Snit on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Dominos is better in new Zealand than it is in the states.

Fact

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Void Slayer

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yes, there were some delightfully crunchy powers related to post quirks in the last game thetheroo ran

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Cough. !Reserve up, please.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Dominos is better in new Zealand than it is in the states.

Fact

They started a new campaign in the US of supposedly improved quality and consistency of food, though I have not tried it as there is not one open anymore near me. It should have happened before you want to NZ though I would think. Has anyone had it recently? If it has actually improved going across town to try it might be fun.

romanqwerty for the vengeance. That emotion is certainly useful sometimes.

Void Slayer on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I did have the 'new and improved' dominos before leaving the states.

it was still crap.

This dominos is better. it tastes fresher the choices are more varied. like a puff pastry pizza crust. and there is no uncontrollable grease.

!snit

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    God, who to vote for?

So many choices.

Drez, because he seems to not normally play in these things, and that scares me.

LoserForHireX on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    dude

you're going to vote for a guy who hasn't played in like years.

that's not very nice.

!loser

lonelyahava on