As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Minecraft] Beta testers at war

• Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical USARegistered User regular
    JeckalHyde wrote: »
    Is there any PA server that is just creative?

I don't believe so. Currently the NAW server is in creative, but that's b/c we're running a two week long contest to have our players build biomes for Season 3.

Poop nuggets.
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Ok new question. Can someone explain permissions to me? I have no idea how to work them and I want to set it up so I can use bukkit essentialls and such without letting everyone on the server use all the crazy commands.

Permissions is pretty difficult to get the hang of but its pretty much essential to running a bukkit server. First you need a permissions plugin, I would recommend Bpermissions as its what I am familiar with a what we use on the SE++ server. How the plugin works is that you designate groups of players, say default and admin. You then need to assign these groups permission nodes which allows any player of that group to do what that permission node allows. Each plugin has its own permission nodes, which can generally be found with that plugins documentation. Server Ops tend to have most permissions by default, but you will need to test as some plugins do not instantly give all Ops all permissions.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Sadly the moneydrop mod I was using bugged so until they fix that so I don't get money AND useless gold nuggets (literally, they didn't work like a regular nugget would) no dropping from mobs. We still have money and can buy/sell at the store to the server.

In other news, does anyone know of a good bukkit mod that doesn't require client side modification that adds low tech items like muskets? I don't want laser rifles and nuclear reactors, but muskets/flintlocks/etc would be cool. Also magic items. Like, craftable relics that are difficult but rewarding to craft that give you perhaps limited flight, runspeed, stuff like that?

You can't add items without clientside mods, because the client has no way to interpret the new item values and properties.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    fuck clay for being so rare

i just want to live in a little house jesus

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Any river should have clay in abundance. At least thats been the case for me on 3 consecutive worlds.

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    Rivers/ocean bottoms have lots of clay.

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Maybe I've just been missing it in the darkness then, had very little luck on our new world today.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Rivers and Lakes. Sure, it's on the ocean sometimes, too, but it's a pain to find down there.

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oceans probably have clay just as often as rivers/lakes. If you're using the default texture pack, its a pain in the ass to find. Right off the coast if you dig yourself a place to get air, and you can probably mine a couple stacks of clay all within a breaths reach. Also, ocean deposits, on average, seem a bit larger than your average river/lake deposit.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    Empirical wrote: »
    I don't believe so. Currently the NAW server is in creative, but that's b/c we're running a two week long contest to have our players build biomes for Season 3.

Season 3? I might want to get back into NAW, where can I find more information about Season 3? Was season 2 fun? I didn't have that much time to play it.

• Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

Fiskav on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Fiskav on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm working on something for Minecraft that requires a youtube bumper - a ten to twenty second intro rendered animation for a server logo that I plan on putting on a good number of videos on my channel. I don't know if any of you out there are particularly savvy with 3d animation and the sort of thing I'm talking about, but I certainly am not, so I figured I'd just ask and see if anyone's willing to help me put this animation together. Shoot me a PM!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    In a similar stile, RPG makers had a build day recently to make the city of the evil faction on the RPG map as I understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBwekQloBPE

The central building of the city is the corporate headquarters from Blade Runner and the rest of the city was inspired from one in final fantasy number I don't know since I have never gotten around to playing final fantasy :)

They also did a kick-ass floating city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45-cTiag7dE&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL

The music in this video is a bit clubby.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2012
    Continued work on Neuschwanstein.

mc-1.jpg

That's just the gatehouse.

neuschw_heute.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Continued work on Neuschwanstein.

mc-1.jpg

That's just the gatehouse.

neuschw_heute.jpg

Making that on a server or creative? It's incredible!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Private server with some buddies. Tore down two mountains by hand so far.

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Is there an official way to re-color and re-skin the water and lava yet?

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    Bleh, I suck at redstone. Trying to make a "simple" mechanism that pulls a stone block back from a wall and puts a glowstone block in its place.

The actual piston setup is easy - I got that done in two separate circuits, one that pulls the block in/out and one that changes which block gets pushed in. The usual problem is wiring them up into a single circuit with repeaters for delaying and shit.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Bleh, I suck at redstone. Trying to make a "simple" mechanism that pulls a stone block back from a wall and puts a glowstone block in its place.

The actual piston setup is easy - I got that done in two separate circuits, one that pulls the block in/out and one that changes which block gets pushed in. The usual problem is wiring them up into a single circuit with repeaters for delaying and shit.

The fact that this is a possible thing in Minecraft boggles my mind.. :D I've never been very good at redstone either.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Damn that's awesome. But now I can't decide if I want to play minecraft or final fantasy.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    The fact that this is a possible thing in Minecraft boggles my mind.. :D I've never been very good at redstone either.

The biggest problem is the goddamn massive space you need to dedicate for even simple circuits.

I wish Notch could add logic-gate blocks or somesuch.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

The biggest problem is the goddamn massive space you need to dedicate for even simple circuits.

This was always my problem. God help you if you need to overlap wires due to space issues. That's just a nightmare waiting to happen.

There are (or were?) way too many quirks with repeaters especially. I wonder if they ever fixed the repeaters getting stuck in the "on" state...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

This was always my problem. God help you if you need to overlap wires due to space issues. That's just a nightmare waiting to happen.

There are (or were?) way too many quirks with repeaters especially. I wonder if they ever fixed the repeaters getting stuck in the "on" state...

Isn't there a mod that lets you make something like 1/16th scale blocks, including working miniature redstone circuits? I know I saw a video of it.

• Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular

Look up the mod Smallblocks. It even works for redstone.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    There's the RedPower mod that adds logic gate blocks that look like repeaters. There's even a clock one that has a little rotating arrow so you can see the clocks happening. It's pretty sweet. It also adds redstone wiring that can go up walls, different coloured wires that can be built next to each other and won't connect as well as (for some reason) saws that can be used to chop blocks into smaller and more decorative blocks (Like pillar blocks, including the little flair at the top/bottom). It's really good. I think the yogscast guys did a spotlight on it a little while ago, if you're a fan of theirs.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Yeah, RedPower is great. Unfortunately the creator is megalomaniac that have started incorporating her own version of builtcraft and industricraft in the mod.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Fiskav on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Nought wrote: »
    Yeah, RedPower is great. Unfortunately the creator is megalomaniac that have started incorporating her own version of builtcraft and industricraft in the mod.
    That's hardly an "unfortunately" though. Eloraam's mod comes in pieces, so you can mix and choose just the pieces you want.
    The one big difference between RP and BC/IC2 is that in RP there aren't any "magic blocks". I really liked playing with BC's quarry, but having to build one yourself manually with frames, motors and (actual emulated, forth programmable) computers is on an entirely different level.
    If you're even a tiny bit interested by what I just said, be sure to check out the recent PR5 release of RP2. We're talking elevators, escalators, fully automated TBMs, 3-axis quarries, etc' all hand built with simple parts.

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. I think I'll check that out.

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So Minecraft XBLA is out. Note that this is going for $20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYNKsxx6-k

I'd rather have controller support for PC Minecraft.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    That's odd, in the Giant Bomb quick look I felt like they definitely went further than that. It seems like something you would come across and mention while playing. Well, I'm not technically done watching the quick look yet so maybe they will bring it up?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Jeff mentioned he had been to the end of the world.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Not out until Wednesday. Its an arcade game. But yes, tomorrow it is out.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    I wonder what the depth/height limits are on that as well, shame that its so small because I had intended buying this for a friend on the 360 so we could have some hijinks.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Even more alarming thn invisable wall (the worlds are 1 map big on xbox... thats pretty ok for 1 guy it will take a long while to mine that completely out) is that in the same breath as boycotting e3 over something mojang is talking about going to a subscription model for minecraft.

no thanks.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Hey, I have a problem and maybe you guy might know what's up.
    I got this game in Alpha and I was of the understanding that I would get the full game and all expansions, updates, ect. without paying for the full game. I haven't played in nearly a year but now when I log in it says that I don't have an account. Has something happen?

• Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    In regards to the 360 version...
    My favorite thing about Minecraft was establishing a home base, then going on some goddamn cave exploration adventures, and just traveling about to see what terrain got generated.

How hampered does the xbox version sound in that regard? My hopes are sinking.

Witchsight.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Witchsight wrote: »
    In regards to the 360 version...
    My favorite thing about Minecraft was establishing a home base, then going on some goddamn cave exploration adventures, and just traveling about to see what terrain got generated.

How hampered does the xbox version sound in that regard? My hopes are sinking.

Also, is the map randomly generated each time you start a new game? That might be enough for me :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.