As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Minecraft] Beta testers at war

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    so ive gotten back into minecraft a bit recently, i have a few nice texture packs, but are there any texture packs that keep the exact same look as the normal look, but just use higher resolution textures?
    Yes, Yap.
    And probably quite a few more. Just look up "faithful minecraft texture" and you should find some.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Man... Ok, so buying this on 360 made me start playing the PC version I had since beta 1.9 and I'm having a lot of fun on Scooter's server. After watching my house burn down though I'd like to join another server, but not really the SE one, mainly because that one looks to be done and finished and I'd rather start fresh with some other people.

And since I know that the majority of people here are not dicks, any place you guy's recommend? I'd prefer something small, player size wise, with a brand new or undeveloped map.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    So, anyone have a good explanation of how updates go here? Do new blocks only spawn in unexplored areas?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    So, anyone have a good explanation of how updates go here? Do new blocks only spawn in unexplored areas?

Depends on the new blocks.

Like, new ore/biomes might spawn if you go farther from your spawn than you ever have.

But stuff like Strongholds, I think they have to be part of a newly generated world.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    so i've finally gotten into minecraft enough to go out and do the whole, xp farm thing... i found a nice spot for it, and i had it working pretty good. i left for a while to go hang out with a friend, and i came back about 5 hours later to a near frozen game, and enough skeletons to take me from level 25 to 55.

it took me an hour to kill all of them. went through i think 6 iron swords, part of a diamond sword i had left, and about 1.5 bows, and well over a few hundred arrows.
    farmin.jpg

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hey guys, me and some friends of mine have created a hardcore minecraft PvP server, and I figured you gents might like to pop in and have a look about/ murder each other.

Some things to note in the server are:

1) mobs are tougher. if you see a mob on fire that isn't taking damage, that's a mob lord! he's faster, stronger, and tougher to kill. but he drops 6x the loot, and may drop rare gear
    1a) if you see a mob with potion swirls, hes a super mob, not as tough as a lord, but 3x Xp and still has better drops.

2) there are catacombs in the war zone to explore and loot. the catacombs operate differently then other minecraft areas, for instance, hidden passages are found by tapping the walls, and blocks cant be broken in side them.

3) running while wearing armor affects your hunger. the better the armor, the more hunger it takes.

4) Dying means a 3 day ban. be cautious out there! lives negate the ban

5) theres a reference system in place! if you get friends to come in, and /ref by (yourname) you get a diamond, 4th one gets you a life.

The server can be found at smp.wcminecraft.com and the website with more detailed plugin explanations is at wcminecraft.com

Inside the spoiler is a picture of our spawn castle!
    vCd5I.jpg

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Hm. Intredasting. I'll have to check it out.

• Options
    does anyone know if there is a way to free the mouse cursor from the game window without having to use the game menu, thus pausing the game? i'd like to let my xp farm generate some mods so i can just browse a bit while it fills up.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    does anyone know if there is a way to free the mouse cursor from the game window without having to use the game menu, thus pausing the game? i'd like to let my xp farm generate some mods so i can just browse a bit while it fills up.
    Opening up the inventory won't pause the game.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Opening up the inventory won't pause the game.

that'll work! there should really be a way to release it without doing that though, but i can deal with that.

• Options
    opening chat. that does it too

• Options
    So i hear that the latest build snapshot has been released. besides enderchests... what else will change?

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Mining Exp, Ores give exp.

Jungle Temples.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    Most of the snapshots from here til August 1st will just be bug fixes.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    i can live with the bugs being fixed, honestly...

also, can i get an invite to the steam group? i tried the chat. but its empty.

Mighty on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    So I made a thing and you guys should watch it. Or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gej4xVuf5tY

Basically tells you which furnaces you've used. Great for group projects- tells you which ones need emptying so you can keep track of how many resources you have.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiskavFiskav Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

Fiskav on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    Deathcraft II add-on for Left 4 Dead 2 is FUCKING AWESOME.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Fiskav on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fiskav wrote: »
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Deathcraft II add-on for Left 4 Dead 2 is FUCKING AWESOME.

Wrong thread?

Nah, it's a L4D2 map that's Minecraft themed

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Fiskav on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I hope when they finally release a proper mod API mods don't totally break every patch every time practically.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I hope when they finally release a proper mod API mods don't totally break every patch every time practically.
    That's a big part of the idea, but we'll have to see just how well it works.
    With Bukkit, Modloader and Forge mods out there, they've got quite a challenge bringing everything under one roof.
    Honestly, I doubt the API will manage to replace Forge.

• Options
    I'd rather they not support any of those mod loaders and get something that works at least half the time between versions depending on the depth of the mod.

Ideally, they'd rip off every single one of the current ones, make them compatible and do the previous. I choose that option, but will accept the former.

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    That's a big part of the idea, but we'll have to see just how well it works.
    With Bukkit, Modloader and Forge mods out there, they've got quite a challenge bringing everything under one roof.
    Honestly, I doubt the API will manage to replace Forge.

I haven't been paying attention, but what happened to their plan to skip an API and just release the source in some kind of developer access program?

If they have dropped that idea, that's great news, because I can't see how that will work to the benefit of the casual customer. A good, built-in mod manager needs to come first, I think.

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    They seem to have dropped it yes. Someone must have finally pointed out we already HAD the source code and yes, it didn't help at all as we saw. So it's great news indeed, a proper API is a much better idea from the user end. Just a much bigger pain to develop.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Just recently tried out Technic Launcher, using the Tekkit bunch of mods and man am I in love. Got a server that about 5 people play on and I will say, never vanilla MC again.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    CubemonkeyCubemonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Anyone know if there are issues with Phoenix Smasher's server that's listed in the OP? I get disconnected when I try to log on. Have they not updated yet while waiting for mod updates?

Cubemonkey on
    Stahl - 50 Sage - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Fiskav on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dRuNk HiPpidRuNk HiPpi Registered User regular
    How many times are they going to remove Herobrine!?

-"Oh mighty Rock, Costello, hear my prayer!
    Surely I am cursed among all dwarves,
    for the earth has stopped yielding unto me her sweet cobblestone!
    Strike as I may upon the rock, all it's wonders disintegrate unto dust!
    Woe is me!"

"Thou shalt use a pickaxe!"
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    As many times as it takes.

Funnily enough they actually ADDED him to the 360 version (selectable skin).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular

Until he stops coming back...................................

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    dRuNk HiPpidRuNk HiPpi Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »

Until he stops coming back...................................

Why won't they just accept that he is immune to their coding. Gosh.

-"Oh mighty Rock, Costello, hear my prayer!
    Surely I am cursed among all dwarves,
    for the earth has stopped yielding unto me her sweet cobblestone!
    Strike as I may upon the rock, all it's wonders disintegrate unto dust!
    Woe is me!"

"Thou shalt use a pickaxe!"
  • Options
    CubemonkeyCubemonkey Registered User regular
    Would anyone in the Penny Arcade Minecraft steam group be willing to invite me to the group? Thanks in advance.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966762973

Stahl - 50 Sage - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship
  • Options
    Greetings fellow miners!

The WcMinecraft server has restarted with 1.3 and we've also generated a new map!

This means that all factions were wiped, as well as inventory and coin amounts.

We are currently testing a mod that we have created, which will implement classes. when we finish testing, we'll go live with this plugin.

These will be:

1) Monk: being naked has its advantages, monks run faster, and jump higher. Some say striking with your fists does more damage than normal... but thats just silly.

2) Archer: Clothed in leather armor, the archer takes less projectile damage, can catch arrows, and gets a bonus to damage from distance the arrow travels.
    *this class is currently active, so you can be one*

2) Berserker: Decked out in full chain armor, the berserker will be able to rage for a short time, increasing damage and speed, with a loss of damage and speed afterwards. Kills made in berserk mode will refresh the berserk timer.

3) Warrior: Wearing full iron, the Warrior will be able to counter incoming sword attacks, do increased sword damage, and do a whirlwind attack that throws all nearby foes away from you.

4) Pyromancer: Glittering gold armor will net you the pyromancer class. Blaze rod in hand, you can cast a variety of spells such as "TnT Throw" and "ring of fire" provided you have the reagents in your inventory.

5) Geomancer: Garbed in glittering diamondillyum, and using different block types as reagents, the geomancer will be able to spawn walls, stairs, and cubes of blocks. this class does more damage with blocks than with weapons. and benefits from the highest damage reduction. Each block does a different spell shape. for example: plain stone drops a bridge, where diamond blocks will create a tower and place you and nearby friends on it, so you can snipe.

If you are curious to see our map in its current state, you can find it at http://108.61.16.211:8123/#

If you would like to join the server, we can be found at smp.wcminecraft.com

• Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical USARegistered User regular
    Any guys I know from UD/ColRap/NAW going to PAX by chance?

Poop nuggets.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Have you guys already seen this? http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1212125-closed-map-experiment/

Cool experiment that goes all "Lord of the Flies" very fast.

• Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    prettyscaryaslkjadsjkladsjkl.png

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

Updated to 1.4.2 "The Pretty Scary Update". Anyone doing anything interesting yet?

Empirical on
    Poop nuggets.
  • Options
    superezekielsuperezekiel Registered User regular
    I hate witches. They look so out of place. They look awful awful awful.