As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Live-Action Angry Birds -- SOLVED...kinda

BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
There is a pair of goldfinches in the tree beside my bedroom window. Yesterday, the male goldfinch spotted his reflection in my bedroom window and became obsessed with it. He pecks and flies at the window all day long. Fortunately, he seems to realize what would happen if he slammed into the window and his pecks are more light taps, but I still need to do something for two reasons:

1. I don't want him to escalate the attacks and end up hurting himself.
2. Seriously, Mr. Goldfinch, it's 7 in the morning please let me sleep.

How can I convince this bird that my bedroom window isn't going to try and steal away the lady goldfinch?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
Blackjack on

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Silly bird. Is there any chance you can put something on the outside of the window like cardboard for a few days that will stop the reflection? Maybe that'd make him give up.

Liiya on
  • Options
    oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Put up an image of an owl or some other bird of prey facing out of your window.

oldsak on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Liiya wrote: »
    Silly bird. Is there any chance you can put something on the outside of the window like cardboard for a few days that will stop the reflection? Maybe that'd make him give up.
    Didn't even think of that... I didn't have any cardboard, but I found some plastic...covered up the outside of my window...hopefully that will stop it and it won't just go to another window. :lol:

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited May 2011
    oldsak wrote: »
    Does this actually work? Wouldn't it eventually work out that the owl never moves or anything?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Does this actually work? Wouldn't it eventually work out that the owl never moves or anything?

It works. Birds have small brains.

oldsak on
  • Options
    RaekreuRaekreu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »

It works. Birds have small brains.

Alternative solution based on the same concept is to get a toy snake and lay it on the windowsill where the little moron likes to stand.

I had a robin either wanting to fight or have sex with the 'other' robin that it was seeing in my car's side mirror. Bird poop became the trim color on that door pretty quickly. I ended up having to get a gym sock and physically cover the entire mirror assembly with it so that he would go away.

Raekreu on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    UPDATE:

I slapped some black plastic on my windows yesterday, and that did the trick...the bird stopped instantly (though he still hung around, I guess to make sure the other bird was gone)

...Except now he's discovered my neighbor's window. But for all intents and purposes, this is solved. Thanks guys.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    mkiimkii Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    Good job guys!

mkii on