As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You Got Your Parkour, in my FPS! [Brink]

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh, yeah... I forgot that I could shoot guns too.

It would only cost me $25 on Amazon since I have the credit from Portal 2 and also it gives $10 credit itself.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am going to buy this

I am going to buy this on XBox because it feels more like an XBox game to me

also I'm not sure my laptop would run it

Is it weird that I'm most excited about the character creator?

#pipe on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am extremely excited for this video game

one might even say I am on the brink of my seat

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man I would like to get this, but I only have enough for LA Noire

Curse you Australian pricing!

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    of course if you said I was on the brink of my seat you'd probably be wrong because that is not the figure of speech

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow, character models in this game look pretty awesome.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Gatsby wrote: »

http://www.play-asia.com/

#pipe on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh man I'm going over the customization videos again

I think I'll actually make a medium build security soldier with The Freak Coat first

shit just looks, well

so very, very cash

afterwards I'll probably go for an agile Resistance engineer

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »

http://www.play-asia.com/

I have considered this, unfortunately even then I still only have enough for one of them.

Being unemployed suuuuuuuuuucks

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    pfft this game is gonna be full of fun and excitement

LA Noire? more like LA Bore

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    honestly I'd recommend Brink at this point, because while I'm sure LA Noire is going to be fantastic and provide a lot of gameplay hours, Brink will most likely offer more when it comes to online modes and replayability

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thank god that sale is over.

I almost bought a game that I don't really want or need.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    also if you miss out on that first week of a brand new multiplayer game like this with friends you'll never come across anything quite like it again

singleplayer stuff though, as long as you're careful about spoilers you're good

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I am going to get both

they both look amazing for different reasons.

Brink looks like it will have better replay value and I loves me some character creation

but LA Noire is a gamble, something new and brave. It spits in the face of your activisions who will only pay for a game if they can release 50 sequels. I'm voting with my feet/wallet.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    also if you miss out on that first week of a brand new multiplayer game like this with friends you'll never come across anything quite like it again

that's stupid

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I did it, I pre-ordered Brink. Though, one day before release seems like hardly a pre-order at all, but I still get $10 Amazon credit! Woo! I watched some of the videos and it looks like Bad Company 2 mixed with some parkour, and I loves me some both.

Oh, I almost forgot. I got it for the 360 so if any of you dude/ettes want to play with me for some reason, my GT is Zayren.

As for the subject of LA Noire, I'm going to wait on reviews. People were clamoring for the facial animation during trailers and stuff, but the shots of the game from the tv spot look like some major uncanny valley to me. I'll probably give it a rent at some point, if Blockbuster stops being all bankrupt.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    sez you

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SnitSnit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i waited in line 2 hours with graves at pax east to watch someone play la noire for half an hour

it was worth every second

Snit on
  • Options
    MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I really really want this game, but I'm going to see if my friends are going to be getting at launch before I pull the trigger and buy it.

Unless, I want to do the unspeakable and make internet friends to play with.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Internet friends are for nerds.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

that's stupid

No no he has a point, this exact same thing happened with AssBro

Good times

Gatsby on
  • Options
    MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    since I guess people are posting these

Steam ID is MisterViking.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cogellcogell Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Preloadin'

SteamID : Cogell289

cogell on
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

that's stupid

I actually agree with this a lot, there's nothing more magical than that first week of a multiplayer game where everyone's simultaneously trying to figure it all out, and that experience quite definitively changes beyond the first week.

LA Noire's not gonna.

Darric on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Got my copy from D2D last night and it's all pre-loaded this morning. My revolver with soda-can silencer is going to take all you guys out!

BTW, you only start with medium bodies, then unlock heavy, then light after that.

Steam ID is in my sig and I'll be waiting to play this at midnight!

Man of the Waves on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well I sure didn't mind how in TF2 I could only play as soldiers or demos or scouts until I'd played enough!

That strikes me as a little silly but meh, I'm not buying it at release and I'm sure it'll transpire that everything unlocks quickly

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Darric wrote: »

that's stupid

I actually agree with this a lot, there's nothing more magical than that first week of a multiplayer game where everyone's simultaneously trying to figure it all out, and that experience quite definitively changes beyond the first week.

LA Noire's not gonna.

It is pretty true OctothorpePipe!

Especially with this being a whole brand new game then it is a rather even and new playing field for US GAMERS. Jump into a game like this in 4 months and you have the regulars knowing the ins and outs of every map with the dog rapist build which makes it aggravating to get into for teh n00b.

Although LA Noire is gonna be very very very spoiler dependant so once that comes out and you don't have the game then you really have to be careful not to ruin it for yourself.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    BTW, you only start with medium bodies, then unlock heavy, then light after that.

well that's hardly ideal, but I suppose one must learn to walk before he learns to run

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I will preorder this for Xbox after work. Tomorrow we will run, do backflips off of a roof, and then shoot guys in the dick.

Hunter on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's like Brink knew exactly when to release their game so that I would have money to buy it.

Because I can sell my books back starting today.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gonna get on that D2D deal tonight

Gonna do it

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    my amazon order is almost out the door. if it actually makes it here in 24 hours i will start believing in a just god

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Amazon has never let me down on getting shit to me on release day.

The problem is that it usually arrives after 5 so I always feel like I should have just bought it from a store.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hey
    i was going to make this thread

thanks!

I'm excited for this game. Stinking PSN is kind of raining on my parade, but I guess I will do the challenges and get to know the game in the meantime.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    PSN

I'm so sorry

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Lonesome Crowded West

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm sort of a Brink addict, haha. Each character has an outfit for each faction.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hm this game actually looks quite interesting. It's a shame I live in the middle of the ocean, or I'd be able to buy it and play that first multi-player week with y'all.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mucho bad guys spotted!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdGONWzqV7w

There are some gameplay vids up on youtube, most of them get taken down within a day, but after tomorrow, they should stay up.

DouglasDanger on