As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NBA: Jordan Leading the Bobcats to the promised land.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GjbKDuOsSI

They eventually called a technical foul.

• Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    clownfood wrote: »
    I can taste the repeat fantasy championship. Kneel before the clowns!!

I would have stood a chance had Aldridge stayed healthy! Damn his hips!

Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I didn't think Delonte West could possibly make me hate him more, but then...

He's definitely the last guy in the league I'd want fucking my mom.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Good job on Hayward keeping his cool over that, I doubt most people would

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    From the first angle it looked like he injected his finger into the back of his head, Matrix style.

Then you see the profile shot and you realize that he gave him a wet willie.

But hey,

"That's why there's 3 refs out there, to catch things like that!"

It strained all credulity that Delonte West was holding down a job at Home Depot during the lockout and was living in his car before that. He's an NBA basketball player, what could be the problem? But it's kind of making more sense now. I get it now.

• Options
    clownfood wrote: »
    I can taste the repeat fantasy championship. Kneel before the clowns!!

I would have stood a chance had Aldridge stayed healthy! Damn his hips!

His beautiful child-bearing hips.

• Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Elldren wrote: »
    Good job on Hayward keeping his cool over that, I doubt most people would

I think most NBA players wouldn't step to Delonte. Delonte is crazy. It's like going at Artest or Stephen Jackson. This is the same guy who runs around with a guitar case full of guns like he's Desperado.

Artest got into it with Delonte in the Lakers-Mavs game on Sunday, but then it's not like Metta is all there upstairs either.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    I think Artest would beat Delonte in a crazy-off.

• Options
    His name is World Peace guys

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I think Artest would beat Delonte in a crazy-off.

The correct answer will always be Vernon 'Mad Max' Maxwell.

My favorite Mad Max moment was when he went up in the stands and punched the taste off the mouth of a man who was making derogatory comments about Maxwell's stillborn daughter. This was long before Ron Artest made crowdpunching fashionable.

Maxwell did the things we as other people only wished we had the raw no-fucks-given to do.

Former teammate Kenny Smith still has positive things to say about Vernon's "competitiveness," but I think he knows that if he didn't, he would wake up in the middle of the night with Maxwell hovering over him. No evidence of a break-in at Kenny's palatial home, but Vernon is just there.

Form of Monkey! on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Stillborn daughter? Man, that is some fucked up shit to taunt a guy with over a basketball game.

I bet it was a regular season game too - ie, essentially meaningless in and of itself.

edit: WTF ok this is pretty crazy too

Vernon Maxwell was ordered by a Houston judge to pay $592,000 to a woman who alleged that he knowingly exposed her to genital herpes

BubbaT on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    JR Smith is having one of his once-every-few-seasons three-point explosions

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Damnit Lakers, the one time I want you to win, you go and get embarrassed at home against the Spurs.

I do not want the Spurs at #1 if the Clippers are at #4. SA traditionally kills us, and it would be even worse coming off what's sure to be a slugfest with Memphis.

Although, if the Clippers can get to #3 and face Denver in the 1st and OKC in the 2nd, that would be perfect.

• Options
    I want the Clippers to do really well this postseason because they are a genuinely entertaining team to watch. Even making the playoffs for the first time in a couple of Presidencies is an achievement, but I'm thinking more along the lines of winning a playoff round or two and coming away from it with more maturity and poise for the experience.

I also want them to do well because I hate Clippers haters. And hating is wrong.

• Options
    I want the Clippers to do really well this postseason because they are a genuinely entertaining team to watch. Even making the playoffs for the first time in a couple of Presidencies is an achievement, but I'm thinking more along the lines of winning a playoff round or two and coming away from it with more maturity and poise for the experience.

I also want them to do well because I hate Clippers haters. And hating is wrong.

So long as that first round isn't against Memphis that's fine by me

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    stupid double post

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    @y2jake215

Did you see this yesterday? The Celtics pretty much DID trade Ray Allen for Orange Juice Mayonnaise and a pick (would have been a great deal for Boston). But for whatever reason, the deal fell apart.

Ainge gets points for trying, I guess.

• Options
    @y2jake215

Did you see this yesterday? The Celtics pretty much DID trade Ray Allen for Orange Juice Mayonnaise and a pick (would have been a great deal for Boston). But for whatever reason, the deal fell apart.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about having two former Celtics named Allen. I mean, the one has been working out great, but then again so has OJ lately.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @y2jake215

I saw that - I wonder what exactly made it fall apart, whether it was Memphis or Boston reconsidering? If they had done that, and managed to do the corresponding Pierce to NJ for Okur's expiring and a lottery pick, I would've been perfectly okay with it.

I guess I'd rather both deals, or neither. It's half-assing blowing up a team that never works out

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    @y2jake215

I saw that - I wonder what exactly made it fall apart, whether it was Memphis or Boston reconsidering? If they had done that, and managed to do the corresponding Pierce to NJ for Okur's expiring and a lottery pick, I would've been perfectly okay with it.

I guess I'd rather both deals, or neither. It's half-assing blowing up a team that never works out

I'd have to think Memphis was the party that backed out. Allen is still solid, but nowhere near the guy he was in his prime, the guy who could carry a team. Plus he's old AND a free agent in June.

And if the rumors are true that Ainge wanted Conley too, then it's definitely Memphis who hung up the phone. If the rumors are true that Ainge wanted Conley and Cunningham and Selby thrown in along with Mayo and the pick, then Memphis hung up laughing. That's a better package than Boston gave up for Allen 5 years ago.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    I don't know who this "World Peace" guy is I hear so much about, but Ron Artest made an appearance this afternoon. Pretty despicable stuff.

I hope Beard is alright, as I've gone from hating his theatrics to enjoying his full court game.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so3TR0bcx9k

BTW, cheering Artest after it happened? Stay classy, Lakers fans.

• Options
    Between Bynum and Artest I've seen about 5 too many incredibly dirty plays in the past year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQO-0pfo2IY

Artest's face grab of Barea in the Mavs series

This play - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj23F1MhkvE

I've never heard anyone mention it, but look at Bynum once he hits the ground - clearly visible at 0:48

He just donkey kicks Ibaka in the back of the knee, totally intentional

I hate the Lakers

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Haters_gonna_hate__Kobe_Bryant_by_Mauryv.jpg

• Options
    Who the fuck is this Artest guy you people keep going on about?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    So how many games will he be suspended? 5? 10? Because that wasn't even during play, but after the play happened and from the looks of it was intentional.

• Options
    I'd be surprised with more than 5. I'm gonna guess 3.

• Options
    3 would be reasonable - but it is The artist formerly known as Ron Artest - so I guess Stern will throw in a few extra games for good measure.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I love how he tries to say , "ohh, that wasn't intentional I was just caught up in the moment and celebrating really hard. Watched the replay, He totally meant to do that.
    +

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited April 2012

Bynum got more than 3 for elbowing Barea, and Bynum doesn't have a history of starting riots and earning 85-game suspensions. I'll be shocked if it's less than 5, especially with the NHL recently handing down a 25-game suspension for a dirty hit.

Artest's elbow was more dangerous than anything Nate Robinson or JR Smith did in the Knicks-Pacers fight, and they each got 10 games.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    BubbaT wrote: »

Bynum got more than 3 for elbowing Barea, and Bynum doesn't have a history of starting riots and earning 85-game suspensions. I'll be shocked if it's less than 5, especially with the NHL recently handing down a 25-game suspension for a dirty hit.

Artest's elbow was more dangerous than anything Nate Robinson or JR Smith did in the Knicks-Pacers fight, and they each got 10 games.

I would wager it's going to depend a lot on how much time Harden misses. It appears Harden only received a mild concussion, so it's probably not going to be as big an issue as it could've been, but I doubt Artest sees the court before Harden does

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm just adding a little playoff math to it. That kind of adds to the punitive nature of any punishment doled out right now, so it'd probably be fewer games out than if it were dead in the middle of the season. Just not sure I can see the league ensuring that the Lakers are without one of their starters for potentially all of the playoffs.

Unless there's some weird rule that lets them suspend him for regular season games only starting next year, but I'm not sure on that.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options

I take it you mean the Knicks - Nuggets fight, when JR Smith and Carmelo were both on the Nuggets way back when. Anyways - yeah I think Artests reputation will net him a few more games of suspension than say Jordan Hill would have gotten for the same elbow. Right now he should be suspended until the end of the season for the Lakers, including playoffs - doesn't matter if he is a starter for the Lakers.

I would even go so far and guess David Stern will even think about banning him from the NBA altogether because of his history or he'll force him to retire or something.

• Options
    Actual fights on the court seem to net longer suspensions than dirty or dangerous hits. Errant elbows haven't drawn particularly long suspensions - typically 1 to 2 games. Kenyon Martin fractured a guy's orbital socket and got a single game for it. That you're talking forced retirement is kind of absurd.

I'm thinking they are going to tack on a little bit for his history, but I'd be very surprised to see more than 7 games. Somewhere between 2-5 is my ballpark.

• Options
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    I would even go so far and guess David Stern will even think about banning him from the NBA altogether because of his history or he'll force him to retire or something.

I don't know about that, even Kermit Washington only got 26 games. Rest of season? Maybe. I even hope so, since it was a completely unprovoked, 100% intentional elbow that Harden couldn't see coming. But he'll never get banned for life, even if Stern tried the PA would go apeshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moPdW0YBYgE

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Playing armchair commissioner can be fun!

I agree with J.A. Adande (for probably the first time ever). You have to suspend Artest for more games than Harden may miss and then some, otherwise you confer an advantage to the Lakers for deliberately harming one of the Thunder's best players.

This is one of those Make An Example Out of Him situations that league fanny-spanker Stu Jackson may very well screw up yet again.

• Options

I take it you mean the Knicks - Nuggets fight, when JR Smith and Carmelo were both on the Nuggets way back when. Anyways - yeah I think Artests reputation will net him a few more games of suspension than say Jordan Hill would have gotten for the same elbow. Right now he should be suspended until the end of the season for the Lakers, including playoffs - doesn't matter if he is a starter for the Lakers.

Yeah it was Knicks-Nuggets, thanks.

One of the most pathetic NBA "fights" I've ever seen (two guys run up to each other with no one between them and then stop on a dime, and do nothing), and it still drew those guys 10 game suspensions (and 15 for Melo).

• Options
    Actual fights on the court seem to net longer suspensions than dirty or dangerous hits. Errant elbows haven't drawn particularly long suspensions - typically 1 to 2 games. Kenyon Martin fractured a guy's orbital socket and got a single game for it.

That wasn't an errant elbow. It was obviously deliberate, including a full wind-up and follow through.

y2jake215 wrote: »

I don't know about that, even Kermit Washington only got 26 games. Rest of season? Maybe. I even hope so, since it was a completely unprovoked, 100% intentional elbow that Harden couldn't see coming. But he'll never get banned for life, even if Stern tried the PA would go apeshit.

Kermit Washington was a long time ago. The NBA's way different today, it started with the Knicks-Heat brawl (with Jeff Van Gundy hilariously riding Zo's leg) when Stern was in attendance, and the Pistons-Pacers riot raised the issue even further.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    World Peace/Harden thing aside, that was an incredible game against OKC. Being able to come back from a major deficit and outlast OKC in double OT...

Can't wait for the playoffs!!

• Options
    Actual fights on the court seem to net longer suspensions than dirty or dangerous hits. Errant elbows haven't drawn particularly long suspensions - typically 1 to 2 games. Kenyon Martin fractured a guy's orbital socket and got a single game for it.

That wasn't an errant elbow. It was obviously deliberate, including a full wind-up and follow through.

I never said if it was intentional or not, 'errant' doesn't mean accidental.

This discussion has been closed.