As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Typing (WPM) Certification?

DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey was wondering if anyone knew where to look to get typing certification on how fast I can type? I know I type above the WPM that some of these jobs are asking, but they want certification (not online certification) to even be admitted to the test (for the record, I'm looking at emergency dispatcher jobs). Does anyone know where I can look or what I'd look up to find somewhere I could go to get such a certification?

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
Drakeon on

• Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Can you call the hiring people from there and ask if they have any companies they prefer you get certified through?

Skoal Cat on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, that's weird. I know I type at 80 wpm, but that's from a test I took at a temp agency years back. I had no idea you could even get certified for something like that.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, that's weird. I know I type at 80 wpm, but that's from a test I took at a temp agency years back. I had no idea you could even get certified for something like that.

Yea me either, but all these dispatcher job postings (which are really postings for a dispatcher exam) list that you need to send certification to them.

BTW, thanks for the suggestion on calling the company, I emailed the contact person and asked if they had anywhere they prefer I get certified.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There are usually city departments or state agencies that offer typing certifications. I'm only aware of the locations in my area. The certification is offered by the Department of Personnel.

Slider on
  • Options
    DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A few years ago I went to a temp firm -- Robert Half Technology -- and they had typing tests with official certifications, as well as official Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. certs from Microsoft. There might be one in your neck of the woods, but I'd call to check if they still do that before you go since this was back in 2005 or so for me.

Divebommah on