As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 and Thread All Over...Too...

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Shen wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    fire/ice is possibly the worst defensive typing in existence

dang, it would be weak to ground, fighting, double weak to rock, weak to water and only resistant to grass, bug, and ice

Dat STAB though, so worth it (absolutely not worth it)

I imagine that they would both be Dragon/Ice like Kyurem...

Also, dream world felt kinda obnoxious to deal with, though a lot of the abilitys were awesome.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Nope, don't even have a Caterpie nor Weedle. Missing any starters?

Hmm... I have all of them, but breed me an excellent Piplup. I like Piplup.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I named my Empoleon Surfin' Bird. My group looked at me funny when I started singing the song as the bird appeared on the battlefield wrecking everything that stood in its way.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    My Stoutland bears the name of Karl Marx. Every time he attacks, I cheer him along with cries like:

"For the proletariat!"

"History is inevitable!"

"The revolution is here!"

"Justice has come for the Bourgeois!"

Because Munna is clearly Republican and a symbol for vulture capitalism.

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ferquin wrote: »
    Nope, don't even have a Caterpie nor Weedle. Missing any starters?

Hmm... I have all of them, but breed me an excellent Piplup. I like Piplup.

Alright, got one.

Also Nintendo confirmed Autumn 2012 for BW2's NA and EU release date. So only about 3-4 months after Japan.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Wee! Can't wait. Better than six or seven months it usually takes.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What is a good nature for Zorua?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCEHi7HI9sk&feature=player_embedded

Official announcement trailer.

No ingame scenes or anything though.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    What is a good nature for Zorua?

Timid or Modest.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-21-unlock-exclusive-pokemon-for-video-game-championships

DW Lucario for us Euros. No Nasty Plot, Vacuum Wave, Agility or Crunch, but Justified is a pretty sweet ability that goes nicely with Bullet Punch.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Silly Xenogears, no one uses Persian except Shoe.

Ahem. Aleksandr swept entire teams. (Well, he did that twice, I guess.) Koshenka never did, but she was an awesome Fake Out/Bite/U-Turn lead. I'm totally at a loss to what her fourth move was.

(In short, I had two Persians, and they were awesome.)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Too bad it doesn't sound like B&W v.2 are coming out before PAX :(. I'm also curious if there's some improved re-work of Entralink in 'em, because that'd be awesome.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    Anyone find a shiny Eevee they want to trade me yet?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Ok so I just saw that its possible to "befriend Arceus." Can someone explain to me how this works? I went to the Pokemon website and this is the most retarded thing ever. All I want is to get a legitimate Arceus in my pokedex. How do I get Arceus into my Black and White game cartridges?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok so I just saw that its possible to "befriend Arceus." Can someone explain to me how this works? I went to the Pokemon website and this is the most retarded thing ever. All I want is to get a legitimate Arceus in my pokedex. How do I get Arceus into my Black and White game cartridges?
    Go to the promotions tab in the dreamworld

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Shen wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    fire/ice is possibly the worst defensive typing in existence

dang, it would be weak to ground, fighting, double weak to rock, weak to water and only resistant to grass, bug, and ice

Dat STAB though, so worth it (absolutely not worth it)

I imagine that they would both be Dragon/Ice like Kyurem...

Also, dream world felt kinda obnoxious to deal with, though a lot of the abilitys were awesome.

I did it once, then decided that I would never do it again. Since I never intend to play competitively, I wasn't willing to wade through all the hoops.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I'll re-quote what I posted a few pages back...
    Ferquin wrote:
    First, you need to create a Trainer Club account at the Pokemon.com site. This login will be the same used at the Pokémon Global Link site where the Dream World is accessed. Next, login at the PGL site and go to the Promotions page. Click on the Arceus promotion and enter in the code "ARCEUSVOTE". This will allow you to befriend Arceus in the Dream World. Tuck in a Pokémon in your Black or White game (tap Online on the C-Gear and choose a Pokémon to tuck into bed and sleep/dream). Log into the Dream World on the PGL site; you can choose to play there or not. Exit and log out of the Dream World and Arceus will be sent to your Black/White game. Wake up your Pokémon that you tucked in and Arceus will now be accessible in the Entralink. Go to the Entralink by tapping Wireless from the C-Gear and enter the Entree Forest. You can talk to Arceus there and it will want to join your party. Throw any Poké Ball at it to catch it.

Also, big heads up guys. Starting Saturday, March 10th, you can download a Lv. 100 Reshiram (for White Version) or Zekrom (for Black Version) via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So who was the dude that asked me to breed a 4th gen Ralts? I just RNGed it since I have to breed or catch five other things in order to Pokéshift (Gamefreak sucks, I should be able to send over any number of pokés to my White if I want to).

What were the moves you wanted me to teach it besides Pain Split?

RockinX on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Corocoro scans have basically proven that BW2 are not third game remakes but in fact partially/entirely new games. Very cool.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I don't want to start over from scratch in Unova. If I have to start all over..... I mean I'll do it. But damnit.

• Options
    Who didn't think BW2 weren't remakes? Now let's hope it doesn't take place anywhere near Hoenn.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I might jump on this sequel. I stopped playing Black at that sandy place past the huge city.

Fucking mazes.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    So who was the dude that asked me to breed a 4th gen Ralts? I just RNGed it since I have to breed or catch five other things in order to Pokéshift (Gamefreak sucks, I should be able to send over any number of pokés to my White if I want to).

That was me, and my apologies but I blasted through Platinum version and got one myself. Sorry if I caused you any undue effort. If it took you a bunch of time/was a pain to do then I'll happily repay you if there's anything you need.

• Options

That was me, and my apologies but I blasted through Platinum version and got one myself. Sorry if I caused you any undue effort. If it took you a bunch of time/was a pain to do then I'll happily repay you if there's anything you need.

Since I'm very proficient at abusing the RNG, it wasn't troublesome at all; the problem would have been teaching it tutor moves. Since I didn't teach it any tutor moves waiting for your answer, it's all good.

• Options
    Croc_ClockCroc_Clock Registered User regular
    This is my first Pokemon game since Red/Blue, so I'm a bit confused about all of this C-GEAR stuff, and the general multiplayer element. Can someone give me a run-down of how the various things in multiplayer work?

Can I just enter some queue, almost like WoW BGs, to duel someone? Will it match someone up who has similar level pokemon?

This site Smogon seems to have tiered lists of Pokemon. Is that for like, tournaments and other forms of organized play? Or does the game somehow take these things into account when matching people up?

How does trading work? Is it like a massive WoW-style auction house? (sorry for all the WoW comparisons)

Do I need to actively friend people (32 max?) or can I just have a thoroughly social experience with strangers?

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Trading works 2 ways, there's the basic trading where you search for a pokemon you want, but only from the list of pokemon you have seen. And it will bring up several results. Each is a one to one trade, they put up a pokemon and ask for a specific pokemon in return and you can do the same. This is the huge auction house type thing.

It's limited in that you can only search for things you have seen, and then it only brings up a few matching results and it's prone to abuse like people asking for impossible pokemon like lvl 1 charizards or whatever or just being jerks in general asking for legendaries in exchange for the level 5 vendor trash pokemon.

The other trading option is GTS negotiations, where the game matches you with other people wanting to trade and you can show 3 pokemon (or eggs) and make frowny or smily faces. You pick three to trade and the other person does the same then you each pick the one out of the three shown you want the most. No restrictions on things you've seen. Downside is a lot of people are jerks and just spam frown, but then you get unexpected awesome things. It's a lot of fun.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Croc_ClockCroc_Clock Registered User regular
    I don't get the smiles and frowns bit. If I frown at all three of a person's Pokemon, are we done or do I need to complete the trade and take one of their 3 level 2 Ratatas?

Also, how cross-generational is this? Am I going to be GTSing with people playing Pokemon Red? Ruby? Only B/W?

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    You can swap the pokemon back and forth before locking in your 3. Generally there's a bit of back and forth, someone frowns, the other person tries a new poke until both have something they agree on. If they have nothing you want or vice versa you can back out and leave the trade completely.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Regarding battles, I don't believe it matches you up with anyone based on skill at all. However, the Smogon tiers are fan-made, and reflect frequently updated usage statistics from the site's own (rather popular) community. They are generally considered the standard in online communities, and usually refer to 6v6 Single Battles.

In Nintendo's official tournaments they have different rules that limit the number of legendaries you can use, and those are posted pretty explicitly in any informational sections.

Also, I didn't even know about the GTS negotiations (if I need a Pokemon I have enough friends that I can usually get it), but that sounds awesome and fun and I want to try it.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    I once got a shiny level 100 Kingdra with 85 EVs in every stat and 31 in every IV from the GTS.

Yeah, that was definitely hacked.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've been pulled back into the world of Pokemon against my will. After I sold my copies of Soul Silver and White and swore off the series for awhile (until B&W2) my son was super pissed at me. He wanted to trade/battle/etc and apparently my choice to swap my old games into a shiny 3ds didn't meet his approval.

Last night we found a used copy of Soul Silver really cheap and ended up buying for me to start playing again. I guess I have another chance to try to catch em all. It's nice to play the sames games as him - but I just bought a PS3 and really wanted to spend quality time with it...

• Options
    Why would you sell off your Pokémon? D:

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    Why would you sell off your Pokémon? D:

I had played through Soul Silver and White basically back to back while helping my 7 yr old do the same though HG and Black. I was completely fried on the games and really wanted a 3ds. I'm not proud of it, but I'm back in the fold again...sort of against my will but still...

• Options
    I still need a bunch of evo stones...... stop updating the thread to remind me.

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Which do you need?

Water x4
    Fire x3
    Dawn x2
    Moon x3
    Leaf x3
    Shiny x1

Finding someone with White to get people into my Black City has obviously been hard.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Still looking to trade for a shiny Eevee if anyone happens to have one. Preferably not used at all and if possible, a good Umbreon nature.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Still looking to trade for a shiny Eevee if anyone happens to have one. Preferably not used at all and if possible, a good Umbreon nature.

I can clone mine, but it doesn't have Heal Bell on this set.
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Which do you need?

Water x4
    Fire x3
    Dawn x2
    Moon x3
    Leaf x3
    Shiny x1

Finding someone with White to get people into my Black City has obviously been hard.

I can give you one of each that I have, but I don't remember which I own at the moment.

RockinX on
  • Options

Which do you need?

Water x4
    Fire x3
    Dawn x2
    Moon x3
    Leaf x3
    Shiny x1

I can give you one of each that I have, but I don't remember which I own at the moment.

I'll give you a nugget for each.

• Options

Which do you need?

Water x4
    Fire x3
    Dawn x2
    Moon x3
    Leaf x3
    Shiny x1

I'll give you a nugget for each.
    I don't need them. I clone Relic Crowns and sell them for 300,000 each. I may be able to trade in about half an hour.

This discussion has been closed.