As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 and Thread All Over...Too...

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I can trade now. I have a shiny stone, thunder stone, sun stone, dawn and dusk stones.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    RockinX wrote: »
    I can trade now. I have a shiny stone, thunder stone, sun stone, dawn and dusk stones.

Sorry. I left the house. I'm here now until about 730am est tomorrow.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Still looking to trade for a shiny Eevee if anyone happens to have one. Preferably not used at all and if possible, a good Umbreon nature.

I can clone mine, but it doesn't have Heal Bell on this set.
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Which do you need?

Water x4
    Fire x3
    Dawn x2
    Moon x3
    Leaf x3
    Shiny x1

Finding someone with White to get people into my Black City has obviously been hard.

I can give you one of each that I have, but I don't remember which I own at the moment.

I don't even know what heal bell is but that works. What are you looking for in trade?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options

Do you mind if we trade tomorrow? My video card's cooling fan just died and I'm feeling very bummed at the moment.

Also, I can't remember if I cloned my shiny Umbreon, so I'll do that tomorrow as well.

• Options

Do you mind if we trade tomorrow? My video card's cooling fan just died and I'm feeling very bummed at the moment.

Also, I can't remember if I cloned my shiny Umbreon, so I'll do that tomorrow as well.

Yeah. No problem. I'll be back to a reliable wifi spot around 830 am. Anytime after that. Just PM me when you're ready and I'll go to the wifi room.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9iYD0LuN_I&feature=g-all-lik&context=G240ce01FAAAAAAAAOAA

I have to share this nifty video. It shows how to level up your pokés to 100 if you don't have Rare candies.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    He's so white.

Edit: Did I read that right? Pick Up will give you evo stones? HOLYSHIT.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Some of them, yeah. Bulbapedia and Serebii have a list of the items.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Since you're here. Give me some suggestions on a good group for the subway system.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    So my wife and I are going to start playing Black and White together, I haven't played since Ruby and Emerald. I'm curious how the online part works? I can't seem to find any real wiki information on the subject though (I am waiting on a new DS Lite to be shipped to me). Can you trade with people around the world? Are there any limitations?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Since you're here. Give me some suggestions on a good group for the subway system.
    Scarf Garchomp, Boltbeam Starmie and Scizor.

Although I've had awesome luck with Volbeat + Scarf Latios + Porygon2.
    So my wife and I are going to start playing Black and White together, I haven't played since Ruby and Emerald. I'm curious how the online part works? I can't seem to find any real wiki information on the subject though (I am waiting on a new DS Lite to be shipped to me). Can you trade with people around the world? Are there any limitations?

No limitations regarding trading.

RockinX on
  • Options
    How does one get online? Using my wife's DS Lite it seems she can't connect onto our wifi. Doing some research shows that I need to be running WEP and not WPA...which I don't really want to do. I found some USB deals that work around this...but they don't work for Windows 7 it seems. How are you guys getting online? Are you just nuking your wireless security?

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The online can be a little finicky depending on what sort of DS you're using and what manner of Wi-fi you have. On a DS Phat or DS Lite, you only have access to WEP-protected or unprotected networks. With a DSi/DSiXL or a 3DS, you can also use WPA and WPA2.

W/R/T Trading: There are two sorts of trading for the online parts, the GTS and GTS negotiations. The GTS will let you put up any of your Pokemon for trade, or search what anyone else is requesting. You can only request Pokemon you've already seen, which does limit your options. You can also specify level and gender in your search. You are, for the most part, better off putting up a request rather than trying to find one to fill- 90% of everyone on the GTS is requesting a level 100 Mew. Generally if you make any reasonable request at all it'll be filled by someone within 48 hours.

GTS Negotiations are a crapshoot. You and a random stranger both arrive with six Pokemon, and using the international language of smiley or frowny faces, try to navigate which one you'd be willing to part with. Anyone on GTS negotiations has either an entire team of hacked shiny legendarys, or six Weedles. Don't use GTS negotiations!

Also I think you can trade freely with people with whom you have shared your Friend Code.

...I don't know shit about Wi-Fi battles, someone else can use talk about Wi-Fi battles.

Edit: Yeah you need a DSi or 3DS to jam into a WPA connection.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    That's really annoying about the WiFi. There's got to be a work around for that...Thanks for the info though about the other stuff.

• Options
    SparserLogicSparserLogic Registered User regular
    Brand new 3DS and a shiny new copy Pokemon White with no freaking clue how to read any of the crazy terminology I see flying around here.

Any ideas where a guy can get started?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Pick a starter. Go catch them all.

All the pokemon you'll meet are new.

Add all the friend codes you see and trade away.

Edit: You also have triple battles in White.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    If you've never played Pokemon just play the game, the main story is pretty straightforward.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    SparserLogicSparserLogic Registered User regular
    I played Red/Blue as a child and I just burned my way through SoulSilver.

Can I have afriend?

• Options
    I'd just about kill a man for a Kabuto/Kabutops...I don't have anything of value to trade really...but I sure would like one.

Friend Code: 1807-7425-7040

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    You can get a Fossil each day after the elite4 from a worker in the bottom of Twist Mountain. Just save right before him and reset until he gives you the one you want (dome fossil for kabuto) then take them to the museum so they can revive it for you.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I don't think you can do that before you've beaten the game can you -SPI-?

I can probably find you a Kabuto if you wan't @Anon the Felon, shouldn't be a problem.

• Options
    I actually managed to blast through the end of the game, and did SPI's trick to get the Kabuto quickly. So thanks for that, and thanks for the offer.

I am more curious if anyone has/could get/would be willing to trade a female Zorua. My wife and I both want that particular pokemon, and I am unwilling to trade the super high prices people want for something rather simple.

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Huh, Nintendo is actually releasing Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition here in the US. It's to be called Pokémon Conquest, and it's released here in June.

I honestly didn't think they'd release it here. I'm intrigued, honestly.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's a rather niche title, but still..it's Pokemon. It will sell like hotcakes, guaranteed,

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    But....I wanted the Typing of the Pokemon to come here. D:

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Pokemon Tactics.

YES PLEASE.

• Options

BW2 will have (apparently) new protagonists who look a lot like Hilda and the other dude from BW. The rival is new and apparently will live in "Hiougi City" from what I can read.

• Options
    RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    YggiDee wrote: »
    The online can be a little finicky depending on what sort of DS you're using and what manner of Wi-fi you have. On a DS Phat or DS Lite, you only have access to WEP-protected or unprotected networks. With a DSi/DSiXL or a 3DS, you can also use WPA and WPA2.

Nah, the DSi and DSi XL support WPA and WPA2 for internet browsing but not for games. For games it's WEP all the way like the other DS models excluding the 3DS as I am not sure about that myself. I cry every time I get a new game and cannot go online with it because Nintendo wants me to go WEP.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular

Nah, the DSi and DSi XL support WPA and WPA2 for internet browsing but not for games. For games it's WEP all the way like the other DS models excluding the 3DS as I am not sure about that myself. I cry every time I get a new game and cannot go online with it because Nintendo wants me to go WEP.

That's not true. The DSi definitely supports WPA and WPA2 for games, but it's dependant on the game. I think they have to be "DSi Enhanced" or whatever the marketing term is. I know that my Japanese Pokemon White supports WPA on a DSi, so WPA is not restricted to internet browsing.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Chrysis wrote: »

That's not true. The DSi definitely supports WPA and WPA2 for games, but it's dependant on the game. I think they have to be "DSi Enhanced" or whatever the marketing term is. I know that my Japanese Pokemon White supports WPA on a DSi, so WPA is not restricted to internet browsing.

BW is WPA-compatible regardless of region.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    That's what I suspected, but I wasn't going to say more than I could confirm.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    New gym leaders, 300+ Pokémon remixed Unova dex, new places, new villains. Yep, this is more then your standard third version.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    But does it have move tutors and overhauled online?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Good grief their hair has become so strong that it has burst from their caps!

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    All I want is for online to be fun again.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Wow, I'm pleasently surprised.
    This is indeed way, way more than just a regular third version - can't wait! Hopefully Europe won't have too wait too long for it.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Here's hoping they don't fuck up the online this time. I mean, I'll buy it anyway, but I miss online battling.

• Options
    More images:

corocoro4122big.jpg

corocoro4123big.jpg

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    I can easily say that I'm getting more excited as more details emerge. It does indeed look like more than a 3rd version.

This reminds me that I should finish up my goals for White/Black. Especially before PAX Prime if there's any pokéshenanigans planned.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    RobotSpammerRobotSpammer Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »

I see. I'm on WPA2 and I have yet to come across a game that allows me to go online and when kicked into the network settings, it displays available WEP settings. My mistake then.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.