Options

All those wonderful things we stuff in our cock-holes

• Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    kale and chard are really good if they're grown properly

unfortunately most of the time they're just beyond bitter and totally unpalatable for my delicate constitution

This beef broth is too thick. Could you water this down for me please? Luke warm water only. I have a condition.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    I like

Bok choy

I have this almost every goddamned day.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    15pltw7.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    i'd like to get some advice on what kinds of foods i can make all at once and then eat gradually throughout a few days

with school back up i'm going to be home hardly ever and needing to eat 2-3 times a day outside of the house, i'd like to do that cheaply

One of my old standbys is to take a bunch of chicken breasts, cook them up, dice it, and store. Then I cook up a bunch of brown rice and store that as well. Next, chop up a bunch of veggies (onions, carrots, whatevs), store it as well. I double check that I have eggs and sri racha

BAM, two-minute chicken fried rice whenever I want it, and it costs next to nothing. You can also make it ahead and take it along, it'll keep for a few days. Hope you have access to a microwave, though

Also lasagna. That's a good one. And if you make a whole mess of spaghetti sauce you can just boil up the pasta as needed when you're at home, and if you need to be out boil it in the morning, toss it in a tupperware container and pour the sauce over it. Reheat when ready. Comes out surprisingly well

Of course most days I end up eating tuna or peanut butter sandwiches when I'm not at home, because I am boring and cheap

i was just talking about how easy it would be to make chicken fried rice!

think i'll pick up chicken thighs and then do that thing you said

thanks, thread! stale's post was also good

forumers rule

at cooking

surprisingly?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Oh nuts, I just remembered I found a Sriracha cookbook a while back. I gotta see if I can dig it up again.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    i should definitely get some sriracha

severe lack of hot sauce in my life

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It is the best on everything. Ever

But the best thing to do is to put it on falafels

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    i love

falafels

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I've never actually had a falafel. Which is weird, being in a major American city and all.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i love

falafels

Yesssss

So delicious and nutritious (well, depending on how they're prepared and served). And if you make your own they are so ridiculously cheap

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm really enjoying learning to cook. I'm no good at it yet, but I can see myself helping with Christmas dinner in a few short years.

(that is a big deal for me ok)

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    15pltw7.jpg

I've always wondered why designers resort to sloppy ass photoshop like this which comes out looking completely haggard instead of just taking the photo

#pipe on
  • Options
    toaster_oventoaster_oven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm wondering what on earth that chicken tower thing from a few pages ago was. It looked incomprehensibly delicious.

toaster_oven on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    our favorite wisconsin meat market closed down last year because the building was sold to a fucking mcdonalds

but now it is open again in a town about 15 miles further away! so I can once again enjoy my jalapeno and cheddar brats, and my wild rice brats, and my gigantic strips of homemade jerky, and my microbrewed beer and root beer, and my many kinds of rich and fatty special cheeses

natek on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    i love

falafels

Yesssss

So delicious and nutritious (well, depending on how they're prepared and served). And if you make your own they are so ridiculously cheap

there's a little turkish place in Byron Bay where we had AusPAX in January

and the first day we were in town, walking to the liquor store to stock up on booze, there was a cute backpacker girl with a plate full of little falafel balls to sample and a bowl of garlic sauce for dipping

they were hands down the best falafel I have ever had

over the course of the week, our group must have spent a couple hundred bucks there.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm wondering what on earth that chicken tower thing from a few pages ago was. It looked incomprehensibly delicious.

it literally says what it is in the post
    I tried to approximate al pastor in an oven, without having access to a vertical rotisserie. It wasn't like the real thing, but it made some pretty damn good tacos.
    5576295034_b6263e468f_z.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1301598088390
    5576287204_746161a7c4_z.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1301597942243

#pipe on
  • Options
    toaster_oventoaster_oven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I see... thanks. For some reason I assume al pastor was some guy named Al Pastor who's cooking he was trying to emulate.

toaster_oven on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    if I had a vertical rotisserie there would be meat on there 24/7

natek on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm not vegetarian but its generally pretty cheap and I do really enjoy some vegetarian dishes. I made some killer black bean burritos the other day cost like 4 dollars and I ate them for 2 days.

Mr. Mojo Risin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    lostwords wrote: »
    this fried mozzarella stick recipe inspired me to start making mozzarella bites with all sorts of fancy cheeses i bought from cheesestique, this amazing cheese place near me. it has been awesome. panko for life

Holy crap, I went to Cheesetique once with some of my mum's friends (NoVA woooo!) and that place is the beeeeest

It's the only place I know of where you can get raw milk cheeses which are like, my favorite things ever

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mortal sky your kochi signature amuses me yet I must say...having that name in your sig is bad news bears

natek on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    oh, you're going to get meta with me huh
    I don't really mind kochi or any of that lot. Well, teefs can be a little grating in some chats, but that's about it.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    what is the worst thing about kochi?

natek on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    For mothers day I made pork dumplings (both steamed and pan fried) prawn won tons, honey and ginger chicken, bok choy and a tomato and onion salad.

I had four burners going and a wok on at one time.

It was slightly busy but it came out well.

I was thinking about making ribs anyway stale send me the recipe.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    blake can I be your mother?

natek on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I need to learn the recipe for pork dumplings. Especially Japanese-style big fat gravy filled ones.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    upon looking local stores up, I can get one for fifteen dollars

How do you do coconut rice in them? just replace the water for coconut milk?

Ricecookers are one of those things where i have never gone wrong in buying a cheap one.

Mind you I've only ever bought one.

But I've convinced other friends to buy cheap ones too.

Before that they were paying two dollars a pop for that microwaveable stuff that serves one.

I have eaten that once and once only. Good lord that was foul.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    natek wrote: »

How good are you at calling me at inappropriate times and asking boring questions.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Blake T wrote: »

How good are you at calling me at inappropriate times and asking boring questions.

how good are you at knowing when milk expires?
    it smells milky but it has a hint of sourness to it
    should I toss it or go to the market and buy a new jug?
    the market is so...so far away...

natek on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Are you difficult to shop for?

Do you refuse to read Harry potter because you don't think you'll like it?

Blake T on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    15pltw7.jpg

I've always wondered why designers resort to sloppy ass photoshop like this which comes out looking completely haggard instead of just taking the photo

Because Coolio has probably never been in the same room with anyone that even knows that book exists.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

how good are you at knowing when milk expires?
    it smells milky but it has a hint of sourness to it
    should I toss it or go to the market and buy a new jug?
    the market is so...so far away...

the trick to knowing whether milk is ok to drink or not is trying to drink it

if it tastes fine, it's fine.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    but I might die if the milk is bad, pipey wipey

natek on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You've written me into the well already though right natek?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    doesn't the milk residue around the opening of the carton sour first?

i heard that somewhere

i don't drink milk anymore so it is all hearsay to me

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah you need to poor a bit into a glass and test from there.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah you need to poor a bit into a glass and test from there.

YOU MEAN POUR RIGHT?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

natek on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    This is your fault natek.

You should have taught me better.

You are a bad mother.

Also come by, I need you to do some sewing for me.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I took a sewing class in 8th grade
    I could sew you some boxers or a heart shaped doodad

natek on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My ass is on a calorie restricted diet right now, so it is all about the sushi, sashimi and such.

Salmon, tuna, kimchi. These are good things in life.

Of course, come Saturday, I'm gonna get wild and grill some entrecôtes and drink red wine and whisky.

Sunday I'm going to curse God.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
This discussion has been closed.