Options

All those wonderful things we stuff in our cock-holes

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    natek wrote: »
    I took a sewing class in 8th grade
    I could sew you some boxers or a heart shaped doodad

Blake doesn't want some doodad. He wants a new dad. You're such a failure.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    One with more hair please.

And make this one less likely to call me a failure so often.

Blake T on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    cooking these tomorrow to impress a lady

I am hoping that they don't kill her upon first bite because fuck

YaYa on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    I can count on my hand the number of beers that I dislike to the point where I just won't drink one. Putting beer to waste is a horrible act, but all this is going down the drain. It didn't even taste like beer, it just tasted like someone had added hops and carbonation to a bottle of medicine.

Speaking of bad drinks, I went to a Mexican place with a friend the other night, ordered a margarita. Worst margarita I've ever had. How do you even fuck that up? It was so bad that neither of us drank more than half, and I was trying to choke it down just because I felt bad about leaving alcohol on the table.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    I like

Bok choy

I wonder about that stuff every time I see it. How does one prepare bok choy? What is it used for? What does it taste like? What is it good with?

godmode on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    Yeah I got a really expensive rice cooker for my birthday and... I wish I'd just gotten a cheap one. It is alright, there are cheap ones out there you just throw the rice and water in and flick a switch and bam you can come back to it later and it is done.

Mine needs fairly constant attention. And sucks a little bit. Stupid Cuisinart.

Expensive doesn't always mean good and you have to watch out for crazy mark ups on equipment just because it has a well known brand attached to it. I'm pretty certain the cooker in question is made and sold under a different name (and for much less) by another company and Cuisinart just buys wholesale and rebrands it for a hefty markup. You see the same thing with pizza stones. A high end, brand name pizza stone can cost you over $50 or you can just go buy the same exact thing from a hardware store for under $5. All they've done is labeled an unglazed ceramic tile a "pizza stone" and then hiked the price up like crazy.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I blanch bok choy for like a minute and add some sesame oil and oyster sauce and serve it as a side.

It's like somewhere between lettuce and spinach and celery I suppose.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    I can count on my hand the number of beers that I dislike to the point where I just won't drink one. Putting beer to waste is a horrible act, but all this is going down the drain. It didn't even taste like beer, it just tasted like someone had added hops and carbonation to a bottle of medicine.

Speaking of bad drinks, I went to a Mexican place with a friend the other night, ordered a margarita. Worst margarita I've ever had. How do you even fuck that up? It was so bad that neither of us drank more than half, and I was trying to choke it down just because I felt bad about leaving alcohol on the table.

Cheap tequila is the worst thing. The fucking worst.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

Cheap tequila is the worst thing. The fucking worst.

Au contraire. When I was in Texas visiting, my family went to a Mexican place there, where I also got a cheap margarita, made with Jose gold, I think. Delicious! At this point, I'd just turned 21 recently so I wanted to try Patron to see what T-Payne's big fuss was about. I ordered the top shelf margarita and it was terrible. Tasted like gasoline.

I think what made the one gross that I had the other night was the stuff they put in besides tequila. Both of our 'ritas were kind of...cloudy? I could've sworn they put coconut milk in them or something, because I was definitely tasting coconut. Could've been Malibu too, but I don't see why they would bring rum into the equation at all. Either way, the flavors weren't good together.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If you want to see what the fuss about a tequila is, you probably shouldn't get it dumped in Sunny D. Also, Cuervo is at least a tier above well.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I've just never really been a fan of tequila in general. Margaritas are good, though, because they usually dampen the tequila flavor a bit.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Also, it was likely the liqueur that went cloudy. That's pretty normal.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    so you're rating tequila while acknowledging that you don't like tequila?

this tequila is great! it doesn't taste like tequila at all! wooooooo!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    that's pretty much how I rate tequilla too, to be honest

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Why bother drinking tequila then?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I could write a romance called I Love Tequila.

It would be about how much I love tequila.

And about the time with the thunderstorm and the man's shoe.

That said, boy howdy it is hard to come by tequila here.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Margaritas are delicious. Tequila is usually not.

godmode on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I actually am the opposite. I don't like margaritas but I love tequila.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like both!

But I only like margaritas if they're not made with that sickeningly sweet-sour creepy faux lime that makes you instantly feel like vomiting and leaves a coating on your mouth like a Jolly Rancher.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I like both!

But I only like margaritas if they're not made with that sickeningly sweet-sour creepy faux lime that makes you instantly feel like vomiting and leaves a coating on your mouth like a Jolly Rancher.

Agreed. The best I've had consistently were from this place called "El Cerro" in Havelock, NC. Right outside the Marine Corps base. They were nothing short of perfection.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I love coffee! Especially when I can't taste it because it's smothered in chocolate syrup and whipped cream!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I swear you can put a drop of coffee into a gallon of any liquid and I would taste that foul shit in there.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    I love coffee! Especially when I can't taste it because it's smothered in chocolate syrup and whipped cream!

Come on, let's be honest - this is true of a large number of drinks. I wouldn't drink a glass of tonic water, because it's disgusting alone. But throw some gin and a splash of lime juice and it's delicious.

godmode on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    coffee is gross and so are all those super sweet coffee drinks

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I almost never do

I do like a nice only-a-little-sweet margarita once in a great while, though

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Come on, let's be honest - this is true of a large number of drinks. I wouldn't drink a glass of tonic water, because it's disgusting alone. But throw some gin and a splash of lime juice and it's delicious.

I love tonic water

when I quit drinking for a few months after the hospitalization incident I would just have a glass of tonic water any time I was craving a drink

plus it always makes my tummy feel better if it's upset

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It's all a matter of personal preference. I like my tequila safely hidden away in a margarita, I like my coffee with cream and sugar, and I like my tonic water doused with gin and lime.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    to be fair my preference for tonic probably has a lot to do with my preference for G&Ts

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i made lamb chops for dinner with a side of green beans

lamb chops are great
    salt, pepper, a bit of rosemary cuz i had it

broil 2-3 minutes a side

donezo, perfect

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is chicken pot pie difficult to make?
    I have been wanting to try to make it, but I've never even made a normal pie before.

skettios on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    and the day before i put grass fed beef shank in the slow cooker with a can of fire roasted tomatoes w/green chilies, an onion, and 2 cloves of garlic

i had no idea what i was doing or what beef shank even was really

but it came out amazing

slow cookers are the best

i want a sous vide machine when i live on my own some day
    someday
    when i have my own kitchen

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It's all a matter of personal preference. I like my tequila safely hidden away in a margarita, I like my coffee with cream and sugar, and I like my tonic water doused with gin and lime.

I'm not criticizing you for liking margaritas. I'm merely pointing out you can't really judge the quality of tequila when you blatantly admit you can't stand the taste of it on its own. You can only enjoy it if the flavor is hidden by a bunch of other stuff. There's nothing wrong with that, but it definitely means you're in no position to speak intelligently about the quality of different tequilas. In the same vein, one can't pretend to speak with any credibility on the quality of a coffee if they can't stand drinking it without a bunch of cream, flavoring, and sweetener.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was converted to drinking coffee back in ought-three. I was in the campus cafe on a Winter's day to get a snack and they offered me one for free because their new barista was making them for practice. I tasted it and went "Damn, this is a lot nicer than the one my Mum gave me a sip of when I was four. Maybe I should give it another chance..."

I now own my own grinder and will choose being late for a class over not having my morning cup (French press, black, no sugar). The coffee industry should really send that barista a gift basket.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    there is this place i went to once with a friend who is rich
    http://mayahuelny.com/home.php

it's almost all tequila and mezcal drinks

they're amazing (look through the cocktail list, mmm)

we also tried the mezcal that was 30 dollars for a small glass
    it was really interesting
    very smokey

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I'm not criticizing you for liking margaritas. I'm merely pointing out you can't really judge the quality of tequila when you blatantly admit you can't stand the taste of it on its own. You can only enjoy it if the flavor is hidden by a bunch of other stuff. There's nothing wrong with that, but it definitely means you're in no position to speak intelligently about the quality of different tequilas. In the same vein, one can't pretend to speak with any credibility on the quality of a coffee if they can't stand drinking it without a bunch of cream, flavoring, and sweetener.

Oooh, now I see what you're saying. Yeah, I didn't mean to come off as criticizing the tequila itself, I just meant that, oddly enough, I preferred the margarita with cheap tequila over the one with expensive tequila, which was not what I expected.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    's cool man, I'm not big on tequila myself
    or scotch
    my opinion on scotch is completely irrelevant as I haven't really developed a taste for the stuff yet
    I'm fucking clueless about the stuff

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, me too. I've tried to make myself enjoy it, but it just burns my mouth. I'm just going to stick to my gin.

godmode on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    zojirushi

Are you saying Zojirushi are great or was this in reference to Dru's post about it being crazy marked up because of the brand?

I've pretty much found with rice cookers you either get a cheap $20 model or go big and get a zojirushi fuzzy logic one. Supposedly, you can just leave rice in it for a week or so and always have rice on hand. Sounds pretty nice, but I don't eat rice that often. My cheap-o one is starting to die so I need to get another cheap one or shell out some money on a good one..

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    I like

Bok choy

I wonder about that stuff every time I see it. How does one prepare bok choy? What is it used for? What does it taste like? What is it good with?

I usually just put some olive oil in a frying pan, tear the bok choy down into somewhat manageable pieces, and saute with onions until tender. Goes pretty well with any sort of rice dish, or just as a side next to some kind of meat.

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    bok choy is also totally delicious in sinigang. favorite comfort food: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinigang

bowtiedseal on
This discussion has been closed.