All those wonderful things we stuff in our cock-holes

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    I even brought you some tea Sil!
    Thai-Iced-Tea.jpg

Seriously.

When I've got some money, I'm going to come over there and pump you so full of good proper British hot tea, it'll be flowing out of every orifice like Doctor Who regenerating.

<3

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Stale wrote: »
    Blake, Jess, Mark, you have a pm

Did I miss anyone who wanted to try out the updated ribs? Please only ask if you are ACTUALLY going to MAKE these soon.

Does it scale at all? Can I buy the right kind of ribs in a quantity that will actually fit in a little half oven thing?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    http://www.redboatfishsauce.com/

apparently this fish sauce is pretty darn good

and it is just anchovies and sea salt, no extra bullcrap

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Blake, Jess, Mark, you have a pm

Did I miss anyone who wanted to try out the updated ribs? Please only ask if you are ACTUALLY going to MAKE these soon.

Does it scale at all? Can I buy the right kind of ribs in a quantity that will actually fit in a little half oven thing?

Yeah, you can probably do a half batch, and just cut one slab in half

I'll send it over

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011

the crap on that page about Red Boat being the only authentic thai fish sauce in the U.S. is utter bullshit so I'm willing to bet it's marked up unnecessarily
    just go to a good asian market and you should be able to find a range of imported brands of fish sauce
    some will be better than others, but you don't need to buy Red Boat to get good fish sauce

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    have I ever mentioned that I love every food thread we have here and reading them makes me want to be a better cook and a nicer person

if I haven't, then there it is

YaYa on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thai iced tea makes me flip my shit

it is just the perfect flavor!!

it is like a good spider roll, when I am drinking it I am saying "this flavor could not be better"

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

the crap on that page about Red Boat being the only authentic thai fish sauce in the U.S. is utter bullshit so I'm willing to bet it's marked up unnecessarily
    just go to a good asian market and you should be able to find a range of imported brands of fish sauce
    some will be better than others, but you don't need to buy Red Boat to get good fish sauce

you're a grumpy old man
    i'm sure you're right though, i was just mentioning this, as someone mentioned it to me yesterday

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Guys, I don't often say good things about myself, but I am a fucking sandwich master. I just know the right breads to go with the right meat and cheese and sauce.

Right now I'm mowing on some 9 grain with turkey and ham, dijon mustard, and harvarti dill cheese

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    im starving

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I dig havarti, but don't want none o' that dill in it

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I found myself some havarti jalapeno cheese at Whole Foods.

Throw that on a grilled cheese sandwich with a slice of pepperjack and it's like heaven in my mouth.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I had a culinary epiphany tonight.

I need some test cooks for a new BBQ rib, pull, and chicken recipe.

Also lets talk food. What are you cooking? It's nowhere near as good as what these lucky folks will be, but who gives a fuck.

FOOD.

fat_kid.jpg

I really want to believe that that kid is wearing a fat-suit, because that's what it kind of looks like and to think otherwise would induce more nightmares then the Slender Man ever has.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    lostwords wrote: »
    bok choy is also totally delicious in sinigang. favorite comfort food: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinigang

Loooove whenever my mom cooks that, she makes the best sinigang with hunks of rib meat that is to die for

my aunt makes it with salmon and I much much prefer my mom's pork version! my mom makes everything better than anyone else (I may be slightly biased). I'm resolving to actually get the recipe next time I go home. I haven't been to an asian store since I've lived in denver, it's shameful : (

oh man I'm totally hankering for some sinigang right now

I shall make some next chance I can

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mmm

this filipino brunch only pop-up restaurant (which now is gonna get a permanent location) i went to was awesome
    like so good
    their sizzling sisig was amazingly great

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh my god the devil dogs are obscene

I don't even know if they're good, they just taste like pure capitalism

YaYa on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Also lets talk food. What are you cooking? It's nowhere near as good as what these lucky folks will be, but who gives a fuck.

FOOD.

fat_kid.jpg

I really want to believe that that kid is wearing a fat-suit, because that's what it kind of looks like and to think otherwise would induce more nightmares then the Slender Man ever has.

Those kids were featured on some show like Maury about moms that take their kids to fast food for every meal instead of cooking, ever.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    sinigang sounds sooo good
    I love tom yum and sinigang sounds very similar

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh god damn it GOD DAMN IT I was just at the grocery store and I forgot to get onions

that is half the reason I went there! Now how will I make tuna salad sandwiches

man

at least I remembered the eggs

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I want to learn how to make Tom yum soup.

As it is delicious.

Blake T on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    BYToady wrote: »

FOOD.

fat_kid.jpg

Those kids were featured on some show like Maury about moms that take their kids to fast food for every meal instead of cooking, ever.

If you are white trash, no matter how poor you are there is always money for terrible decisions.

Butler on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Steak day tomorrow. Mackerel day today.

These are some good days, gentlemen.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I made some faux-nicoise for my party tonight and it turned out really well.

I say 'faux' because I don't eat fish so instead of tuna I used chicken, and in order to make it a main course I omitted the potatoes and lettuce and used pasta instead.

So it is like... a chicken nicoise pasta salad.

But it is still delicious. (Cook's privilege, I tried it already.)

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    In the end, my inaugural new-kitchen-meal was a Chilli con Carne. While I doubt it's a patch on Stale's chilli (if he has one), it's decent, easy meal I can make without too much thought, which is exactly what I need when I'm also trying to do three other things concurrent with cooking, which was exactly the situation I ended up in.

That said, I'm really liking the potential of my kitchen...

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I always find that chilli tastes better once it's had a day or so to marinate in itself. I try and make up a batch the night before I'll be eating it so it reaches maximum flavour, so it's not something I cook up and eat at the same time.

Is that just me being crazy though?

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Butler wrote: »
    BYToady wrote: »

FOOD.

fat_kid.jpg

If you are white trash, no matter how poor you are there is always money for terrible decisions.

Like NASCAR hats.

godmode on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have a pot roast cooking in my crock pot at home
    Hope it turns out ok!

skettios on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think I'm going to make another quesadilla for dinner tonight. Made one last night out of leftovers - diced onion, red and green peppers, and chicken that I'd already cooked. It was superb, but I found out as soon as I pulled the tortillas out of the fridge that I got the small ones by mistake, so it was a very thick quesadilla.

On a side note, boy is grocery shopping annoying. In order to save money, I go to the commissary on the base I work at, and that's where I get most of my stuff. But their deli is absolutely terrible, and so I have to go to ANOTHER store to get cold cuts. So annoying.

godmode on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lunch was Bim Bi Bob from this little greasy spoon joint in town that serves Korean food.

Delicious.

Tonight? No idea yet, but we're part of a farm co-op and just recently got our first share. So much fucking lettuce and spinach.

Likely just going to be having one hell of a salad.

Also, I saw people were talking about scotch and whiskeys and such in here. Were there questions? Cause I'd be happy to share the lengths at which my whiskey collection has expanded since my last post about it.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    starting my night out here tonight. and i can dream about purchasing one of these.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Guys, I don't often say good things about myself, but I am a fucking sandwich master. I just know the right breads to go with the right meat and cheese and sauce.

Right now I'm mowing on some 9 grain with turkey and ham, dijon mustard, and harvarti dill cheese

Ugh, now all I can think about when I think of dijon mustard is this.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jess and I have considered joining a CSA. It could be a fun challenge finding ways to use the unexpected or unfamiliar produce.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jess and I have considered joining a CSA. It could be a fun challenge finding ways to use the unexpected or unfamiliar produce.

We split a share with another couple we're friends with, so we're in for $300.

Runs May through October.

First batch included:
    Two types of lettuce (huge heads of 'em)
    Pound of spinach
    Three leeks
    Handful of green onions
    Bundle of asparagus
    Mess of radishes (french breakfast, standard and one other kind that I can't remember)

And that's just our haul. Other couple got the same thing.

Should be interesting to see what happens when it really starts to get rolling...also, so many fucking salads.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I found this little vegetable place that's so great, you probably haven't even heard of vegetables like these.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Lunch was Bim Bi Bob from this little greasy spoon joint in town that serves Korean food.

Delicious.

Tonight? No idea yet, but we're part of a farm co-op and just recently got our first share. So much fucking lettuce and spinach.

Also, I saw people were talking about scotch and whiskeys and such in here. Were there questions? Cause I'd be happy to share the lengths at which my whiskey collection has expanded since my last post about it.

i'm jeal
    would love to do the farm csa thing
    also my friend bought a cow share from a grass fed cow, he lives upstate a bit
    i don't have a chest freezer so that doesn't work for me

whiskey... i have been trying to start drinking it lately, as i never really drank much of it, and i am trying to cut down my beer intake, though i love it
    i had a really good rye, redemption rye, that i liked
    but i know nothing about whiskeys

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hunter wrote: »

I found this little vegetable place that's so great, you probably haven't even heard of vegetables like these.
    I was into yuca back when it was still underground.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Delicious.

i'm jeal
    would love to do the farm csa thing
    also my friend bought a cow share from a grass fed cow, he lives upstate a bit
    i don't have a chest freezer so that doesn't work for me

whiskey... i have been trying to start drinking it lately, as i never really drank much of it, and i am trying to cut down my beer intake, though i love it
    i had a really good rye, redemption rye, that i liked
    but i know nothing about whiskeys

Yea, we're talking about the side of cow thing, but few of us have enough room to make it worth it.

I'm beginning to drink more scotch as I've had a bunch gifted to me recently and I like it. Good smokey thing going on that hits well with this particular season. Irish whiskey will always have my heart, but I'm turning away from the peppery bite as my "go-to". Bourbon has stepped up nicely, as it tends to be a bit smoother.

All kinda depends on your tastes and moods.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

We split a share with another couple we're friends with, so we're in for $300.

Runs May through October.

First batch included:
    Two types of lettuce (huge heads of 'em)
    Pound of spinach
    Three leeks
    Handful of green onions
    Bundle of asparagus
    Mess of radishes (french breakfast, standard and one other kind that I can't remember)

And that's just our haul. Other couple got the same thing.

Should be interesting to see what happens when it really starts to get rolling...also, so many fucking salads.

All of that would be eagerly eaten by us.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have got to find me a butchery class.

The only problem then is I'll need somewhere to store the carcasses...

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    CSAs are awesome but depending on the weather get ready for a whole lot of leafy greens and turnips and not much else. We had a share in one last year and the hot dry weather pretty much fucked over a lot of stuff we could have gotten. We did find a hundred good uses for kale, that was cool.

And since it came up, can you guys recommend a good entry level scotch? It doesn't have to be cheap, just not extremely smoky or awful somehow.

Peen on
This discussion has been closed.