As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

South Carolina! Sights, attractions?

UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey there ho there I'm currently on leave from the navy for two weeks in Greenville, South Carolina with my family. They've only been here a few months themselves and don't get out all that much, and we're looking for fun/interesting stuff to do. I'm sure we've got plenty of people from the south here who could lend a helping hand.

Dogs.jpg
Umaro on

• Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    All the cool stuff to do is in Charleston/Myrtle Beach areas. Which is about 3 hour drive from Greenville.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    There's the Price House in Spartenburg. It's an 18th century plantation with original slave quarters. Can't get more South Carolinian than that.

Bagginses on
  • Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Umaro wrote: »
    Hey there ho there I'm currently on leave from the navy for two weeks in Greenville, South Carolina with my family. They've only been here a few months themselves and don't get out all that much, and we're looking for fun/interesting stuff to do. I'm sure we've got plenty of people from the south here who could lend a helping hand.

There are all sorts of awesome outdoorsy type stuff in and around greenville. Table rock state park has great hiking trails, canoeing and swimming. Ceasars head state park has some great views and some nice trails.

The downtown Greenville has a pretty active night life and falls park is nice during the day.

A little bit further afield you've got asheville, nc. Which has great food and great nightlife and it's only about an hour north of Greenville.

wmelon on