Square&Enix confirms new MMO for Xbox & Vista

2»

• Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    LCDXX wrote:
    Aoi wrote:
    Gyral wrote:
    I swear to whatever diety will listen, if there is no Front Mission this generation, Square-Enix will pay.

Oh I'm sure there will be a new Front Mission this generation. The question is whether or not it will make it out of Japan :( We missed at least two of them (including FMOnline) in the PS2 gen.

Front Mission DS. That's what I REALLY want.

There is a handheld remake of one of the games being made for the DS or PSP isn't there? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Aoi on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Drez wrote:
    Kingdom Hearts Online
    I honestly think this could work. Instead of countries, you get a bunch of Disney worlds that are heavily expanded to be explorable (Agrabah, anyone?) with your character design being dependent upon what world you choose to start from, along with all the other features (hair, eyes, etc.). Once you head out, you hop from world to world destroying Heartless, helping both Disney and Square characters, maybe even team up with them. You could fight all the classic villains from both companies, and they could even throw in some Square-Enix and origianl worlds as well. And, after getting so strong plus some other factors, you're elligible to obtain a keyblade to use.

Then, assuming the game is successful and a significant number of people now have keyblades, you move onto the next, logical step.

Keyblade War.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think this is a Kingdom Hearts MMORPG, but the idea itself is pretty neat.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    Keyblade War.

If you could turn off text channels, other than friends and whispers, I'd play it.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hrmm... Well, if it was an action based MMORPG a la phantasy star universe I could probably get into a Kingdom Hearts Online type game. But yeah, would need to be able to ignore something like 90% of the population.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aoi wrote:
    LCDXX wrote:
    Aoi wrote:
    Gyral wrote:
    I swear to whatever diety will listen, if there is no Front Mission this generation, Square-Enix will pay.

Oh I'm sure there will be a new Front Mission this generation. The question is whether or not it will make it out of Japan :( We missed at least two of them (including FMOnline) in the PS2 gen.

There is a handheld remake of one of the games being made for the DS or PSP isn't there? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Yeah, the first one is being ported/remade on the DS, I dunno if it's out yet in Japan, but seeing as how they didn't give us FM5 (which is fucking crime), I have doubts that we'll get FM DS.

edit: Looks like the Japanese version of FM DS isn't due until late next month, so even if we will get it, I don't expect to hear anything for a while :(

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hm. Other Square IPs that could be used for an MMO...

...Dragon Quest Online?

Furu on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Aoi wrote:
    LCDXX wrote:
    Aoi wrote:
    Gyral wrote:

Yeah, the first one is being ported/remade on the DS, I dunno if it's out yet in Japan, but seeing as how they didn't give us FM5 (which is fucking crime), I have doubts that we'll get FM DS.

edit: Looks like the Japanese version of FM DS isn't due until late next month, so even if we will get it, I don't expect to hear anything for a while :(

We seem to get one per PS generation. I'm guessing they try, the game doesn't sell much, and they just write it off for release outside of Japan, they tried again with the PS2, it didn't sell, then they just write it off outside of Japan again :( Saw FM4 at Blockbuster for $5 the other day.

Aoi on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Aoi wrote:
    Aoi wrote:
    LCDXX wrote:
    Aoi wrote:
    Gyral wrote:

We seem to get one per PS generation. I'm guessing they try, the game doesn't sell much, and they just write it off for release outside of Japan, they tried again with the PS2, it didn't sell, then they just write it off outside of Japan again :( Saw FM4 at Blockbuster for $5 the other day.

FM3 and FM4 are both so incredibly bad ass... I almost feel like digging FM4 back out as I never did beat it.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    Warder45Warder45 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Warder45 on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Meiz wrote:
    I hope it revolves around Star Ocean and they don't fuck it up.
    What? Seriously, what does Star Ocean have to do with it? It's being made by the guys behind FFXI, not bloody Tri-Ace (aka, the guys that make the Star Ocean games).

Katchem_ash: Uh, you do realise he was joking, right? And that there's a very slim chance that KH would go to the 360?

An IP is an IP is an IP.

Meiz on
  • Options
    SquirrelNinjaSquirrelNinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Personally im praying for a Front Mission online or a Orge Battle online, Final Fantasy is leading contender for another mmo in my optinion as that's their big moneymaker, for whatever it's worth I hope a Squinix rep reads this and gets it into their heads that the world is ready for a non Final Fantasy mmo! :D

SquirrelNinja on
    Bright and cold, the flash of steel.
    Alone I wander over desolate fields.
    My swords, I need no longer.
    The evening wind shall carry me home.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Personally im praying for a Front Mission online or a Orge Battle online, Final Fantasy is leading contender for another mmo in my optinion as that's their big moneymaker, for whatever it's worth I hope a Squinix rep reads this and gets it into their heads that the world is ready for a non Final Fantasy mmo! :D

Would love something with one of their mixed magic and "futuristic" type settings like FFXIII looks like, or even FFVII/VIII as an example. Just something other than the typical swords and sorcery setting.

Aoi on
  • Options
    Daisuke SpoonDaisuke Spoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.

Daisuke Spoon on
    pikaserious.jpg
    Pokeymanz: 0002-2940-9674
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

Valkyrie Profile Online. I have no idea how that would work, but I know the end result would be awesome.

Daisuke Spoon on
    pikaserious.jpg
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

Valkyrie Profile Online. I have no idea how that would work, but I know the end result would be awesome.

Vagrant Story Online. (OR just another vargrant story, either way really)

LockeCole on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

Grandia Online? Online SaGa? Actraiser Online! Front Mission.. Online?!?

No wait I got it.

it is going to be..

ROBOT ALCHEMIC DRIVE ONLINE!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    [Classic Neglected SquareEnix Series] Online.

Oh wait, did I do that right?

Tobal Online

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

No wait I got it.

it is going to be..

Don't you fucking tease me like that.

Furu on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Project Sylpheed online? Heh.

I'd like to see a Euro release of Project Sylpheed first, obviously.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

No wait I got it.

it is going to be..

My vote goes to Robot Alchemic Drive Online.

Daisuke Spoon on
    pikaserious.jpg
  • Options
    wateyadwateyad Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

No wait I got it.

it is going to be..

Game Arts actually have a Grandia Online in the works. I know nothing about it though.

wateyad on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wateyad wrote:
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

No wait I got it.

it is going to be..

Game Arts actually have a Grandia Online in the works. I know nothing about it though.

I will take a guess and say that half way through the game's life it'll turn out that all the Priest players are actually evil and the rest of the game's lifespan would be about hunting down the remaining Priest players.

Wait, that sounds kinda fun. Hm.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    wateyadwateyad Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Axen wrote:
    wateyad wrote:
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

No wait I got it.

it is going to be..

I will take a guess and say that half way through the game's life it'll turn out that all the Priest players are actually evil and the rest of the game's lifespan would be about hunting down the remaining Priest players.

Wait, that sounds kinda fun. Hm.

Admittedly I've never played Grandia 3, being in the UK but I'm pretty sure it's just the second one that abuses that paticular cliche.

wateyad on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

Whoa, Whoa, back up. That's actually a good idea. Start off as a warrior fresh off of dying.

Don't have to worry about time period, since they basically can encompass them all, ending in epic era spanning free for alls.

Quest's delving into the CRIMINALLY underused Norse mythology.

And better yet, have an actual END to the game, motherfucking Ragnarok, largest instance in gaming history.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Wulf wrote:
    Warder45 wrote:
    Furu wrote:

...Dragon Quest Online?

Bouncer Online?

Final Fantasy online?

oh wait.
    Chrono Online

Whoa, Whoa, back up. That's actually a good idea. Start off as a warrior fresh off of dying.

Don't have to worry about time period, since they basically can encompass them all, ending in epic era spanning free for alls.

Quest's delving into the CRIMINALLY underused Norse mythology.

And better yet, have an actual END to the game, motherfucking Ragnarok, largest instance in gaming history.

This would be my reason for playing it.

Daisuke Spoon on
    pikaserious.jpg