As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GOTHAM CITY IMPOSTERS] Measure this Bat for a coffin, looks like, size ten and a half!

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    MegaMek wrote:
    Musicool wrote:
    Has anyone yet pointed out how good the goggles are? Because the goggles are great. You can spend half the game spotting for your buddies and the other half looking like a psychic hacker to the enemy team.

The best part about the goggles is that I use wallflower, and stab people using the goggles all the time.

wallflower is nearly as bad as Ghost in Black Ops, so good job.

Haha, yeah. That's what you guys get for using goggles!

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Maybe you should stop being so bad that you need the goggles in the first place. Then you wouldn't have to blame people for using wallflower.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    Would love some more folk to Xbox the shit out of this. Add me on XBL: Edg1e. Include something like PA GCI if I don't know your name. I'm gonna hop on for a few right now if anyone is up for some early morning gaming.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Wow, so much comraderie in this thread.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    STFU, Holi! Quit being bad!

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    MegaMek wrote:
    Maybe you should stop being so bad that you need the goggles in the first place. Then you wouldn't have to blame people for using wallflower.

i haven't bought the game yet, because i can't afford it.
    i played the ps3 beta and i didn't ever use the goggles
    i mostly grapple-hooked all over the goddamn place with the mini-14 er um partisan

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't believe that there are still campers in an obviously not SRSBSNSS FPS. Guy just sitting in a corner with Wallflower, goggles, and a shotgun.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I was having trouble getting comfortable because I usually like shotguns and speed in these games. But since all these new people are playing as Mighty and the autoshotty is super weak in this game.......I wasn't making it rain.

Then I switched to Jackhammer+RedDot/Burly and I ruin lives now. I'm a headshotting beast.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    No one has mentioned this?! DLC/patch coming in March!!
    • A BRAND NEW MAP: The 25th Floor of the Gotham Times building is about to be your playground for destruction! (Just make sure not to fall of the edge.)

• JOIN-IN-PROGRESS: Players can now join a match, even after it has started!

• MATCHMAKING FIXES: Matchmaking has been totally revamped! Those errors you remember? They're a thing of the past. Gone. Finito.

• NEW WEAPONS: The Falcon Blade (a bullet-blocking katana worthy of warfare in Gotham) and the Kingmaker (a quick-draw pistol that can humble even the mightiest of Mighties) are available for you to unlock!

• A NEW SUPPORT ITEM: Toxic Gas! Leave a cloud of nigh-invisible noxious vapors in your wake, that will impair and damage those foolish enough to follow you.

• A MULTITUDE OF NEW COSTUME CHOICES: In addition to the myriad of costume items already available, we're letting you dress up like a luchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and so much more!

• NEW FUN FACT: The new Nimble Fingers Fun Fact will let you capture Gasblasters faster, and attach/detach batters quicker. The team's clutch player? Yeah, that's you.

• MUTE EARLY, MUTE OFTEN: Ever wanted to squelch that guy blasting techno in the pre-game lobby? Now you can! Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    good stuff in there, hope i'm still playing this when it hits.
    was hoping the fixes might come sooner but it seems to have improved stability-wise

• Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    I like how fixed match making and easily muting is a big feature to advertise instead of a 'shit, sorry guys, we'll fix it and release it as a patch ASAP'.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Pretty sure they are waiting to release it so XBL and PC get it at the same time (Since anything through XBL has to get the all the MS hoops jumped).

The more I play the less BS matchmaker stuff I run into. Sure sometimes Ill get into a group of like. 4v3, but its really not that bad since the TDM has a timer on it. The last match I was in before logging was a 4v4. One of their players lost connection. I kept skeet killing this Mighty who was trying to divebomb my team and he rage quit. At 4v2, the last two decided to drop rather than waste time getting farmed. But I had the MVP and was fixed to get a few accolades because of it so I waited out the timer. ;/

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Also (maybe this can be added to OP?) Anyone that is having framerate issues on PC:
    1.) Launch game from the FOLDER impostors.exe not from steamlauncher.
    2.) If one does not solve the problem, alt tab from game and use taskmanager to set Engine.exe priority to HIGH.

These two steps completely fixed my framerate issues and the game is super enjoyable now.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    oh god they aren't fixing the matchmaking until march? that's hilarious.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Also (maybe this can be added to OP?) Anyone that is having framerate issues on PC:
    1.) Launch game from the FOLDER impostors.exe not from steamlauncher.
    2.) If one does not solve the problem, alt tab from game and use taskmanager to set Engine.exe priority to HIGH.

These two steps completely fixed my framerate issues and the game is super enjoyable now.
    added

• Options
    BebopSamuraiBebopSamurai Registered User regular
    Bullet-blocking sword? HELL YEAH :D I wonder how exactly that's gonna work though-- probably on a cooldown timer like the grapple gun or something.

MAN the Motivator is a points-farming MACHINE. Even when I don't get many kills or it doesn't seem like I'm actually healing that many people, I usually end up in the top 3 of the match. I do wish it offered a little more immediate feedback as to who was getting healed when, like the beams from the TF2 medigun.

Also I was hesitant to try it because I remember some people complaining about it, but the Freeze Ray is pretty fun, especially paired with Shurikens/Grapple Gun for quick ranged finishes. It definitely seems to work better against lighter body types though.

Gamertag: DrinksYurMlkshk
    PSN ID: suzukaGongen
  • Options
    Spent an unlock on the Shredder.

Not worth it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wonder how long until they abandon the 360 version due to updating red tape.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Just picked this up on Steam. beta_angel is the nick there, feel free to add me.

I haven't booted the game yet (I'm a bit tanked right now, so it sounds like a good choice to play...something??), but I'm pretty excited. I like the IP and the concept, unless the gameplay itself is just utter shit, I can't see myself NOT liking it.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Wonder how long until they abandon the 360 version due to updating red tape.

Depends...how much money did they make in 1 day in costume on locks and Harley / Kitty Mascot sales?

• Options
    i'd say they've made a decent chunk of change already. almost one in four games i play on 360 with randoms, someone has bought the team XP boost. plus, tons of people running around with the DLC mascots. i haven't bought any of that crap yet; but i also don't have high hopes that future DLC packs will be free (maps, items/weapons, etc).

• Options
    BebopSamuraiBebopSamurai Registered User regular
    So is there any real advantage to using the spring shoes/double-jump shoes? it seems like anywhere you'd wanna get to, the grapple gun will get you there faster...

Gamertag: DrinksYurMlkshk
    PSN ID: suzukaGongen
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    So is there any real advantage to using the spring shoes/double-jump shoes? it seems like anywhere you'd wanna get to, the grapple gun will get you there faster...

Jumping over dudes and raining a rocket down their neck never gets old

• Options
    edited February 2012
    spring boots/double jump are a good way to get around without relying on the environment (glider rig you need height or a fan, roller blades you need ramps). i went against a burly (the chubby one) guy who used the spring jump and impact grenade with rockets to great effect. was quite a sight to see a clown jumping mario style down a street throwing explosives in every direction.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    that said glider rig is almost OP because with the divebomb you can traverse a map in seconds. i expect the divebomb range to be nerfed.

• Options
    Yeah, mighty+glider is OP. I use it to great effect.

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    I have a feeling this was suppose to be some type of Looney Tunes/ACME game and they changed it.

I'm not complaining. This game is stupid fun.

• Options
    i'd say they've made a decent chunk of change already. almost one in four games i play on 360 with randoms, someone has bought the team XP boost. plus, tons of people running around with the DLC mascots. i haven't bought any of that crap yet; but i also don't have high hopes that future DLC packs will be free (maps, items/weapons, etc).

They should make maps free so everyone can play together. Then nickle and dime us to death for costumes. I would assume costumes would be based on characters that are not Joker and Batman. A Harley Quinn costume would make then CoD money.

• Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    I've been in fights with mighties who have missed me enough so I'm still alive (I'm the female body type with roller skates) with both of their guns who then just realise that, hey, actually aiming is a lot harder than using the glider on the vent right there. Its the easiest thing in the world to aim and it does a decent chunk of damage.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Spent an unlock on the Shredder.

Not worth it.

the shredder was awesome when i used it in the beta

• Options
    I think I'm getting the hang of this game:

temporary.jpg

same amount of kills as their whole team.

• Options
    Might be hard on the Xbox, but on PC I am bathing in skeet kills because people just try to gliderbomb all day. Such easy headshots!

Also I don't like the grapple because you can't do anything else while you're using. In fact, I dont even use movement abilities anymore. Goggle abuse erryday. Although I do see the benefit of using rollerskates because damn the two quick bodytypes on skates= really difficult for me to kill. And if they get in trouble there is almost always a ramp around to shoot them a billion miles away.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Matchmaking is definitely wonky. I can get into games perfectly fine by myself or with one other person, but today there were three of us and the game would either drop a person or put us into a new lobby and not find anyone to play against us.

Beyond that this game is a ton of fun. Being able to unlock stuff in the order I prefer is great as well.

That patch stuff looks awesome. I should be most excited about a new map, but I'm not. All my excitement is for a bullet blocking sword.

• Options
    Ugh. Played against a team of ninjasmoke/speedsters just now. We destroyed them 50-25, but it took FOREVER.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    The game is a ton of fun, despite the issues I'm having. Right now I just run around Fumigation with rockets and megaphone, and I'm always in the top 3 for points.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Interested in this game, but 2 questions.

Is anyone playing the PS3 version?

And will this thread be dead in like 2 weeks like most other games I get into? :(

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote:
    Interested in this game, but 2 questions.

Is anyone playing the PS3 version?

And will this thread be dead in like 2 weeks like most other games I get into? :(

I got the PS3 version.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Eh I think it might be a no for me. I have the trial and I've been searching for a game to join for like 10 minutes.

• Options
    It's on and off with me like that. I just back up a try searching again, it usually places me in a lobby full of people then.

• Options
    It's also told me multiple times that quick saving has failed or something like that and when I quit the game it restarts my PS3? Does it have a lot of bugs or something?