As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GOTHAM CITY IMPOSTERS] Measure this Bat for a coffin, looks like, size ten and a half!

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    another way to deal with them is to stick with the herd, they are very much you soloer class so they tend to pick people off wandering around by themselves

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    But that means I cant rollerskate around shooting people in the back with a shotgun.

Though, I haven't personally run into that many people using the cloak. Maybe I've just been getting lucky.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i want to get skates for a slim bodytype myself but i cant unlock another gadget until 40

edit :what items traits you using?

i was thinking the quicker run speeds, and horse health or whatever it is with a shotgun weapon and a rocket launcher as a 2ndary (because god knows people like to group together in a corner)

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    farbekrieg wrote:
    i want to get skates for a slim bodytype myself but i cant unlock another gadget until 40

edit :what items traits you using?

i was thinking the quicker run speeds, and horse health or whatever it is with a shotgun weapon and a rocket launcher as a 2ndary (because god knows people like to group together in a corner)
    I'm using fleet footed and kinda bulletproof. Granted, this is only because I haven't unlocked any more, and those were from before I had unlocked the body type I wanted and everything. And I'm currently using a shotgun primary and a rocket secondary as well, though I was thinking I might go with an SMG secondary with AP bullets instead. Not certain about that.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I think I mentioned on one page: I had a match of 5v5 with their whole team using invis potion. We destroyed them at a ratio of like 5:1, but it took forever.

how does that antiair taser thing work?

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Drop it by a vent. If a glider crosses the circle, it'll stun them out of the air and they'll be dazed. It'll also do about 75 damage.

• Options
    today is the first time ive ever run into the anti glider thingies, they didnt really do much as far as damage goes, and only got me killed once (and chances were i was going to die anyways)

but i did tough it out and get to lvl 40, and was able to my k/d ratio to .5 (it was at .3 for the longest time, still an upward climb to .7)

and for people such as myself who are impaired as far as fps'ers go horse healthy, kinda bulletproof, and the body armor means you can probably squeeze out a kill before going down, you can sub hard target for kinda bulletproof if you are getting head shot a bit) (this is on tough bodytype for me) and im up to .75-1.25 k/d usually

despite my limitations as a gamer im enjoying it quite a bit (but damn when i see those people with a + k/d ratio they do make me sweat a little)

• Options
    Guys. Airspace Denial is the best. So easy to wreck gliders.

But yeah after a while of playing Battery mode, Gliders and Rocket Launcher are super annoying. People can cross the map too quickly/easily and then just get a high vantage point and spam. Guess I was right in sticking to TDM!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    i imagine air space and invisiblity would be hilarious

and yes team based objective maps kill me because well... a lot of people seem to have no concept of team (and afkers need a kick in the nutz, i usually dont mind them but when you are outnumbered 6 to 4 for some reason and someone on your team afks it gets brutal).

• Options
    I'd probably like TDM more if it were a game type I could ever get a bloody match in.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Ugh. I unlocked the Bow and Arrow and its so shitty. Im nailing people in the head, but the arrow doesnt travel like a normal arrow. like it almost fires .5 seconds after I let go off the button.

Should have gotten some other sniper rifle ;/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The netcode for this game isn't amazing, that's for sure.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Nevermind. Problem was, once again, fixed by launching from folder instead of steam. Weapon still sucks, though. I really want the pump shotty and bolt rifle but i keep wasting unlocks on stupid stuff!

Also Im getting pretty pro at locking down gliders. Last match I played had two gliders on their team and they both stopped using them because there are usually three main vents in a level, and I lock down two. Funny to point out someones bad aim. This guy was level 50 and had a really nice KDR, but in the match where I locked down his glider? He went 2-15. GNOMERCY!

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Gah. Only got one match in before I got called away to fix a problem somewhere else. I assume that was you in the match, Starman?

Edit: No, it was Farbekrieg

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    i know this will sound wrong but im kind of pumped i got underpants unlocked for both jokerz and batz

now i really want to get a playing 'sock' unlockable so i can teabag more effectively, i will pay all of my coins for one... which at the moment is like 7

so from what ive read once you hit lvl 101 you get a promotion that you eventually have to take, which resets your level and recloses all unlockables (clothing and paint jobs for weapons stay)

im not sure how i feel about this.... also is there some sort of bonus for having a WB account?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Yay dinged 40. At level 100 you stop gaining exp. From what I understand you don't ever have to promote, but you can. Not sure if it locks all your stuff or not but it almost definately is not mandatory.

Bonus for having a WB account is access to their websites leaderboards and shit and also it unlocks Digital Camo paint for all your weapons.

I am officially addicted to antiair gnome. Toss it on a point and watch people flood into it. Added bonus: It -blows up- and stuns everyone it hits, not just the person using the airborne gadget (which includes people grappling across it)

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I tried playing earlier and kept losing connection or finding next to nobody to fill a server.

I really wish they'd implement a TF2 style functionality...let us host and all that shit.

Still really enjoying the crap out of the game when I do get to play, though.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    So nice to get into a well populated room and just roll from match to match. Finally unlocked the pump shotgun. So much better than the auto. I'm probably going to pick up the first SMG next. Seen some guys do crazy stuff with it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The notStriker auto shotgun was awesome in the beta. It had the range of CoD shotgun, which meant it was ideal at knife fight range and awful at anything else, but it was fun to unload it into a bunch of people messing with the battery. The pump shotgun had more range, but it didn't seem to do that much more damage, and its fire rate was really slow.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    beta_angel wrote:
    I tried playing earlier and kept losing connection or finding next to nobody to fill a server.

I really wish they'd implement a TF2 style functionality...let us host and all that shit.

Still really enjoying the crap out of the game when I do get to play, though.

ive had this problem today, and of course it would come right before i got my first 5 person killing spree

edit: hit my 5 person killing spree, a pretty good round as far as k/d (11 kills 2 deaths) score.... 3.1k.... ouch (wallflower/invis if you are wondering)

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Why use wallflower and invis? Invis takes you off goggles/motionsensors/Sniffer.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    i really do have a poor setup, i have a 2ndary of a bazooka which i never used, and body armor which wasnt that helpful.

• Options
    So the Gatekeeper is pretty good. I still think I prefer the jackhammer, however.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    most of my work has been with the gatekeeper, in some hands it can be deadly, in mine its more a spray and pray attitude, one of my goals is to finish it

im about halfway done with it, i worry that playing with different guns will definitely hinder my already terrible progress

edit: speaking of getting the pantless look id thought id include a photo

batman5.png

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    yessss i finally got back to 1:1 KDR. almost lvl 50, too.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    congratz star you are one of the people i look at and say damn i want them on my team ;)

i have eschewed my kdr in an attempt to work on getting some achievements for spraypaints, catchphrases and cards... namely id need like 700 kills and no deaths to pull to the break even pt.. tossing out my best 10% and bottom 10% shows im a 3 k to 4 d kind of guy and i can live with that, it just took me about 1100 deaths to get up to speed and moving a .3 to a .6 lifetime is saying something

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Farb! KDR isn't really meaningful, but since I had been stuck at .96 for quite a few play sessions I'd figure I'd post the milestone.

I wish the Jokerz had better costumes. It seems almost difficult to put together a bad Batz costume, but I'm never happy with my Joker.
    7E625196DD17211B3DAE5B13BDFD1FDDB79C7C65
    6558F02B85161DD15EA9CA72DB2D70A1DB222768

I guess I don't feel like the Jokerz choices are "Silly" enough. Like my paper plate Bat logo, the cardboard box cowl, the towel cape. The chicken underwear, the banana underwear/tights. Everything on the jokerz side is so boring.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    they tried to avoid putting joker's coat in but i think they should have

• Options
    I think they made the right choice in preventing you from copying the mentors actual look. I already see too many people rocking the SERIOUS facepaint or whatever its called.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Joker lacks the costume that Batman has, so it's a bit harder to really do a poor man's version of that. I mean, it's just face paint and purple clothes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    yeah, but most of the pieces fit batman (especially because most of them ARE wearing hockey pads :P) but then those same pieces are copy/pasted to jokerz side so they make less sense.
    i guess it's whatever, but i did try to skew towards making 'real' looking batmen and jokers.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Jokerz-300x223.png

But really, I wouldn't mind seeing the Jokerz in more "armor." These people may be modeling themselves after a mentor, but they are still people. Football Shoulder pads painted purple and orange. A huge flava flav clock necklace. Less dumb looking boutineers (Hell even a cardboard cartoony flower would be better than the realistic ones). Juggalo-ish face paint. It just seems like all the costume pieces were made for Batman and then they just recolored them so Jokerz could wear them or just added in really half assed stuff.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    stock-photo-jester-hat-on-a-white-background-62732809.jpg

would be nice, there is a ton of jester/clown stuff out there they just got lazy, hopefully when they patch they add a few more things

edit: also why the hell jokerz dont get joy buzzers instead of knives and the accompanying frying animation ill never know (same range as knife, same damage as knife, just more jokery)

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Nothing should ever have more juggalo stuff in it
    ever

• Options
    thats how badly this game needs better jokerz stuff.

Juggalo face paint would be AN UPGRADE.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    People are messed up.

Also, the only thing that's customized in this game are skins. All the mechanics are identical in this game, re: different stabbing animations.

That'd be too much work for a $15 game.

• Options
    Yeah, it would be nice if you could change the colors of the pieces, but big deal.

Brink really spoiled me with customization. It was a let down in game play and matchmaking and letting me use its neato movement thing because of bizarre map design, but the customization was so goddamned amazing in that game. It has better customization than most RPGs for crying out loud!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    i like pictures, also i like getting lvl 50

Untitled.jpg

also 3rd ever mvp (15k 4d... best on team... yeah we lost... badly 50:24)

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    what page is that?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    track record -> multiplayer stats

edit: also if you play on pc i shake my fist ANGRILY at you because chances are you killed me... A LOT.. id shoot at you, but chances are id miss (even with the persuader)

farbekrieg on