As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][Chat] 4.2 today! And there was much rejoicing.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    basically you need to hammer a hotkey with torches bound to it and a targeting reticule at the same time

with a cd involved it's difficult to impossible

juggler just binds all of it to a swipe up on your mouse wheel making it a lot easier

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Oh noes, a flavor weapon from a holiday that is obtainable for 2 weeks out of the year would stomp all over a drop from a 5 man instance that will be more than a tier under what is current in raids!

The horror!!!!!

What a lame as shit reason.
    Also, as usual, Blizzard seems completely incapable of understanding the concept of a middle ground. The staff doesn't have to be as good as the zul caster weapons by not giving it 700 stam and putting int on it. Just give it like 40-50 less int than the ZG staff and then BOOM, it's not going to stomp all over those oh-so-precious, obsolete-in-a-week troll weapons, without being total shit either.

What I find funny is they removed the Int on the heriloom staff and snunk it back in sometime last week so how hard is it to place it on the scythe?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    For anyone doing Torch Juggler this year: get the Juggler addon, as Blizzard added a small cooldown to the torch throw which makes it almost impossible to do manually.

They added it in sometime in the late summer early fall of last year

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wouldn't be a holiday on WoW without unplanned downtime.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Since there is no happy/hate thread
    Wow heriloom gear a level 6 guild and just doing fires got my orc shaman from 16 to 31! I only did Hyjal since the rest seem to be phased or something

I am rather annoying and bemused by the lack of two person flying mounts. My blood elf paladin has the rocket which I abuse all the time when I double box. But I don't have a two person mount for the allaince and the price of sand drakes went through the roof this week. I have bad luck trying to get the plans to drop out of the jar on my rogue.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wonder if Blizzard developers actually try to do some of the things they implement, like, ever; I'm having difficulty seeing how anyone could think it's a good idea to have you follow shadows around when there's 4 other people running around trying to do the same thing.

No point in even trying to do the torch catching in Stormwind at all.

In any case, this one druid here is a keyboard turner trying to do it. I've been watching him for 5 minutes and I am worried about what he might do to said keyboard soon.

Paragon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Paragon wrote: »
    I wonder if Blizzard developers actually try to do some of the things they implement, like, ever; I'm having difficulty seeing how anyone could think it's a good idea to have you follow shadows around when there's 4 other people running around trying to do the same thing.

In any case, this one druid here is a keyboard turner trying to do it. I've been watching him for 5 minutes and I am worried about what he might do to said keyboard soon.

I have been doing in exodar it's kind of hard with how dark it is in there but there is no one to bother me

But there is a problem where they don't catch the torch but tossed the next one?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Blackwing's Bane before 4.2! And my iLevel went from 361 to 366 in one night...

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ugh

just wiped on ozruk because an spriest couldn't wait at all to start dotting and so I never even got him into position

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I must be missing something with this festival that people are getting xp -- all I got to do was throwing a torch at some dummies and juggling it?

ToddJewell on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Paragon wrote: »

Like when they put the juggling achievement in Dalaran? Back in Wrath when everybody and their mom would hang out there and bring anybody who wasn't on a high end system down to 20 fps?

Thank god for the corners in the sewers portion.

EDIT: So I tried to go to Exodar to finish off Wrath of the Horde because I figured there'd be people there trying to do achievements right?

Wrong! I got all the way down to the fire seeing only one Alliance player...who looked at me and turned around to leave. I then hung out on the path between the boat and the Exodar seeing if anybody else was coming in. Yeah no.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    haha, so after ozruk a terrible hunter got kicked and proceeded to roll an alt on my server to try to chew out my tanking

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    haha, so after ozruk a terrible hunter got kicked and proceeded to roll an alt on my server to try to chew out my tanking
    This is the only occurrence where "u mad brah?" can legitimately be used.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Panda4You wrote: »
    This is the only occurrence where "u mad brah?" can legitimately be used.

I'd've loved to, but I was busy tanking Ozruk and she'd logged off by the time I finished.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ToddJewell wrote: »
    I must be missing something with this festival that people are getting xp -- all I got to do was throwing a torch at some dummies and juggling it?

There's fires all over the place that you can honor/extinguish for XP/gold and rep.

Grobian on
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Apologies if this is frowned upon, but my server is really dead and we're struggling to recruit. Anyone interested in a casual 10man guild? We got to a pretty late start (February) and have had attendence issues yet we're still 5/13 heroic. We raid Sunday/Monday nights (5ish-9ish PST, but rarely more than 3 hrs) and are open to anything except tanks and mages.

Sorry again if this is seen as spammy. PM me for more info.

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    in the adventures of derp: things get really touchy if you accidentally dps in prot stance

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    another raid night -- another lackluster showing of raiders. managed to get 10 people so that we could try [again] to get cho'gall for a few people [previously he was on farm, the last 3 weeks we have not killed him once]. Having half of your dps be under 13k seems ridiculous to me considering everyone is i359. we got him to 4% a handful of times but people are too slow on the tentacle things

ToddJewell on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    How would it stomp all over the ZA/ZG weapons? It's the same ilevel so wouldn't it be equal to them?

Anyway, in other curious itemisation, anyone else noticed that Firelands has no spirit cloth drops whatsoever? Glad I don't play a priest.
    In OTHER curious itemization, I noticed the Ahune cloaks are all over the place in terms of itemization quality, and the strength DPS cloak is literally over budget. Dat intern.

Edit: Also, I'm curious why they changed the delay/timing of torch catching after all these years.

forty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    interns...janitors...what does my $15 actually go towards? cause it sure ain't salary

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    interns...janitors...what does my $15 actually go towards? cause it sure ain't salary
    Bananas for the chimpanzee in charge of PvP decisions.

forty on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I guess I can look forward to 4.2 for a new season, new pvp gear and such. Firelands maybe and the dailies sound pretty meh (got burned out on them back in BC when they were implemented).

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm having an odd issue witl my authenticator. I haven't had to use it to log into WOW. I still need it for Battle.net and it is still linked to my account, but I don't need it for WOW. Should I be worried?

Lostprophet8 on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm having an odd issue witl my authenticator. I haven't had to use it to log into WOW. I still need it for Battle.net and it is still linked to my account, but I don't need it for WOW. Should I be worried?

Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, put a check in place so that if you are logging in from the same place you always log in from, it won't check for the authenticator for WoW.

Nobody on
  • Options
    ConnorConnor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Srsly, can anyone without a tinfoil hat explain why they think not having to type in your auth code from home every login is a bad thing?

Connor on
    XBL/PSN/ORIGIN/STEAM: LowKeyedUp
    2dd40bd72f597f21.png
  • Options
    Lostprophet8Lostprophet8 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thanks. I've been hacked before, and while I always get everything back ( and often much more ) it is still an annoying hassle.

Lostprophet8 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The "bad thing" is more Blizzard making the change and then not announcing it prominently, opting instead to squirrel the information away on their forums and blogs that most people don't read.

forty on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yes, for like 2 weeks it should have been on the popup thingie on the log in screen. they did put it on blogs, forums and twitter, though.

I'm guessing this was the "extra" feature they were adding and the reason they put it as a pop up.

belligerent on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Did they make the weather beaten fishing hat way more common? I just made a new character, went to Ironforge around lvl 12 and the first fishing daily I do I get it out of the bag. It's not a bad looking low level hat, so I'm not complaining, but my main hunted for this thing for ages before.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Watching videos of Swifty duels has me wanting to play my warrior.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    Did they make the weather beaten fishing hat way more common? I just made a new character, went to Ironforge around lvl 12 and the first fishing daily I do I get it out of the bag. It's not a bad looking low level hat, so I'm not complaining, but my main hunted for this thing for ages before.

Not really.

Such is the nature of randomness

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ok, blizzard is just taunting me.

Frostscythe on both my Druid and my Warlock today.

WTF.

My lock is going to use it. I can turn the sta into mana any time and it is far better than what I had. Some 289 green quest reward. I'm sure it'll get replaced by even a 346 blue, but meh. I rarely play him so he'll just look cool for the time being. I have this idiotic notion that blizzard will wake up one day in the next couple weeks and realize how fucking stupid their stance on the itemization is.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Seriously, zero int. What the fuck were they thinking?

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Seriously, zero int. What the fuck were they thinking?

It is itemized precisely the same way as its wrath equivalent

which is to say it's itemized for wrath

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yes, for like 2 weeks it should have been on the popup thingie on the log in screen. they did put it on blogs, forums and twitter, though.

I'm guessing this was the "extra" feature they were adding and the reason they put it as a pop up.

They should really get more mileage out of that popup thing. Anytime there's hotfixes, or any kind of changes really, just have the popup thing there with a message like "Hey we changed some stuff it's kind of important, click this link for more information."

Because let's face it, the majority of the playerbase does not go to the official forums, or even the official website. I stay up to date on everything via fansites (wowhead, mmochamp, etc), but they really need to make this information more publicly available. I think it would cause less freakouts all around.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone need a Rogue for firelands? I hate recrutiing. Gahhhh

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey uh... like an hour ago I logged on, logged out about 15 minutes ago, and just now logging back in the game didn't prompt me for my authenticator. Please don't tell me something is wrong.

Henroid on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    No nothing is wrong.

They changed the system so if you're constantly logging into the game from the same location it will stop asking you for your authenticator there.

They made a forum post about it but didn't let the masses know.

Several people a day come and ask. The thread title should really be changed.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh thank God. That scared the shit out of me.

Henroid on
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think the new thread title needs to be something about not freaking out if your authenticator doesn't appear :P

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
This discussion has been closed.