As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][Chat] 4.2 today! And there was much rejoicing.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Brainleech wrote: »
    which won't work unless they reduce prices dramatically.

I mean vanilla+bc is what? 20-30? wotlk is STILL 40. then cata is 40 too.

That's... rediculous.

Oh trial account where you can't do half the cool things because of goldfarmers.

There was a box set of Vanilla-TBC-Wrath at work for $50 a few weeks ago I went a looked yesterday and all they had were the $20 vanilla-tbc ones

Compared it to sims I got sims medieval a few weeks ago and was curious about sims 3 I really did not know it had that many editions to it

Yeah but the Sims doesn't have a recurring fee attached to it. So EA makes all their money off the box sales. Blizzard does not.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    super happy I don't raid on tuesdays anymore

is there actually any patch data to download this morning, or would it have been finished a while ago?

I'm not getting a patch prompt when I try to log in, and I'm pretty sure I hadn't downloaded the patch previously.

Nobody on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    yeah I realized I didn't download anything before I keep accidentally skipping the launcher when I log in

soooo I'm gonna have to download it all

and it's going to be a large patch too, what with the Firelands textures and all

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    400 mb, according to mmo champ. that's not so bad.

belligerent on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    400 mb, according to mmo champ. that's not so bad.

They have been patching it for weeks this is just the key that unlocks it

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Patch is live!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The last pull of Heroic Maloriak will haunt me all this expansion now. Last chance for my team to get 5/13 (somehow that means I respect myself more?) and I fucked it all up! SHIIIIIIIT

Had an awesome attempt, everything was going great. All adds dead before second green Phase ended as Maloriak is hitting 26%. We push, and I get against the wall to dodge the Magma Jets. I dodge the First one, but as I do I remember that the Arcane Mage prolly has slow on him and it's going to mess up his cast (which is fucking bullshit by the way). So I kind of freak out and lose focus a little bit, the second one hits me and launches me in the air. I recover with a Last Stand + Regen and charge back down... and then.. and then I couldn't fucking see anything, my camera got stuck in the wall. And then I died. He had 2 Million health left. We had it, we HAD ITTTTT! AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH

Fights like that are tough. Nef, Maloriak, Ascendent Council, [Chimaeron to an extent]. Where I, the MT, have a very important thing to do in the last part of the fight. Getting to the last part on Heroic mode is hard itself, and then everyone is pumped wanting that kill and I have this pressure to learn what to do in seconds or let down the entire raid from my failure. And that is what it felt like last night. Finally get to the Burn Phase, and everyone is doing fucking awesome and I get killed almost instantly because I was thinking about too much shit and not focusing on just getting out of the way.

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    The last pull of Heroic Maloriak will haunt me all this expansion now. Last chance for my team to get 5/13 (somehow that means I respect myself more?) and I fucked it all up! SHIIIIIIIT

Had an awesome attempt, everything was going great. All adds dead before second green Phase ended as Maloriak is hitting 26%. We push, and I get against the wall to dodge the Magma Jets. I dodge the First one, but as I do I remember that the Arcane Mage prolly has slow on him and it's going to mess up his cast (which is fucking bullshit by the way). So I kind of freak out and lose focus a little bit, the second one hits me and launches me in the air. I recover with a Last Stand + Regen and charge back down... and then.. and then I couldn't fucking see anything, my camera got stuck in the wall. And then I died. He had 2 Million health left. We had it, we HAD ITTTTT! AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH

Fights like that are tough. Nef, Maloriak, Ascendent Council, [Chimaeron to an extent]. Where I, the MT, have a very important thing to do in the last part of the fight. Getting to the last part on Heroic mode is hard itself, and then everyone is pumped wanting that kill and I have this pressure to learn what to do in seconds or let down the entire raid from my failure. And that is what it felt like last night. Finally get to the Burn Phase, and everyone is doing fucking awesome and I get killed almost instantly because I was thinking about too much shit and not focusing on just getting out of the way.

That sucks man. That happened to us the last time we tried him although we had him on farm. Although I wasnt the only one making mistakes. On our last attempt on him I had the jets going perfectly when a healer decided to be in front of him and lay a blue orb right in my kite patch.... boom i get pushed into the fire i jet out and promptly die and so does the raid.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hey, downloading a thing, how bout that

also, that sucks buds. That's how I felt doing constructs on nef the first few times. So frustrating knowing it's downhill for everybody else (except for my poor healer anyway), and then fucking shit up

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    and what the shit, servers are up before the scheduled end of maintenance? This must be a major content patch day record

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Perhaps it only took 4 months of testing to get it right.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    and what the shit, servers are up before the scheduled end of maintenance? This must be a major content patch day record

I keep getting a login server busy error.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    I do to.

Why, why did I succumb to such false hope?

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm not actually trying to log in, so who knows. The realm status page shows servers up, though

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Last night when leveling my priest, in regular Vortex Pinnacle

Mage: *Sheeps Skull*
    Everyone: *ignores this and DPS' skull*
    Bear: "Don't sheap skull, sheep moon." *marks Moon on next pull*
    Mage: "What's a moon"

This reminds me of a wonderful throwback, when talking about positioning in Karazhan for Maiden of Virtue:

Paladin: "What's a pillar?"

</headdesk>

mattclem on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Everybody go to the servers that are up and make a DK!

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    I find it kind of sad that it seems they tuned the Bear run to match up with people either at/near heroic raid gear, or regular raid gear with the 15% group buff.

How ironic, considering the Bear run was tuned to that in TBC (I'd struggle to believe a 10 man group in Kara gear could do that speed run).

As for raid nerfs; well Blizz are the only ones with the official figures, but I'd wager that alot less have made it through the raid content this time around than any of the raids that took place in WotLK and that these nerfs are an effort for more people to see the content.

Oh, no I know how it was originally tuned. It's more that, I find it kinda silly that I have a better shot of rolling the dice and getting the bear with a group of PuG's than a group in almost full 359 gear on vent together actually coordinating everything. Just seems like a poorly implemented incentive.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    I remember intentionally shackling the wrong mobs with my priest in Karazhan just to make the tank sigh over vent.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Everybody go to the servers that are up and make a DK!

Then stick your head in Baradin Hold and let us know if Occul'thar is up! Normally the new PvP boss doesn't appear until a little after the patch due to the season start time, but given the shifting dates it might well be up this week.

mattclem on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    I find it kind of sad that it seems they tuned the Bear run to match up with people either at/near heroic raid gear, or regular raid gear with the 15% group buff.

How ironic, considering the Bear run was tuned to that in TBC (I'd struggle to believe a 10 man group in Kara gear could do that speed run).

As for raid nerfs; well Blizz are the only ones with the official figures, but I'd wager that alot less have made it through the raid content this time around than any of the raids that took place in WotLK and that these nerfs are an effort for more people to see the content.

Oh, no I know how it was originally tuned. It's more that, I find it kinda silly that I have a better shot of rolling the dice and getting the bear with a group of PuG's than a group in almost full 359 gear on vent together actually coordinating everything. Just seems like a poorly implemented incentive.

It's not really that hard to get a bear in a pre-formed five man group. I'd certainly take coordination/practice over four random people, especially since at least one of them is invariably terrible.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Getting a "you've changed your access patterns prompt" when trying to log in this morning, and the link the thing provides isn't working. Anyone else something similar?

Corpekata on
  • Options
    thenshewaslikethenshewaslike Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In my experience, the single most important thing to bring to a bear run is a bloodlust of you don't absurdly outgear it. A mage is a great choice because they can spellsteal both the flamecaster's speed buff and the earthquake buff off the big guys. That last buff lasts for two minutes and can be used to great effect on the dragonhawk boss as well as the trash leading up to him.

My guild made 13/13 last night by the skin of our teeth. Apparently the best strat for Sinestra is to do a huge number of attempts until the game finally gives you a pull where your best orb kiters are picked far more than usual.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oops, double post.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You can actually lust three times (eagle/DH/lynx) if you run through the last few pulls of lynx trash and die.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I installed Warcraft 3 today and while playing the Orc intro where you raise the Horde as Thrall, I had a massive bout of nostalgia both for War3 during its heyday and WoW

so I guess when my new computer arrives I'm gonna reinstall WoW and actually try Cataclysm, seeing as I bought it but never ended up playing it.

fuck

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    loading into wow
    yay

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just grabbed the legendary quest on an alt. There's kind of a neat cut scene right near the start of the chain, if that's your kind of thing.

thenshewaslike on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ho

ly

shit

It's the scheduled time for the servers to be up and not only can I log in but I can, after damn near 7 years, rearrange my characters in the log in screen.

I...I think I'm going to cry.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Long story short after a three month break I come back to find that the reason that I left has collapsed the guild and I am now a dirty hobo. Anyone have a bead on hordeside PA guilds? How are those folks doing over there?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ho

ly

shit

It's the scheduled time for the servers to be up and not only can I log in but I can, after damn near 7 years, rearrange my characters in the log in screen.

You know, I wanted this sooooo bad when I made my current Main character who resides in the middle (3rd) spot on the list. I don't think I can bring myself to re-order the list now as I'm used to that character being in that spot...

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ho

ly

shit

It only took 7 years of begging but we finally got that option. I'm so glad it exists.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ho

ly

shit

It only took 7 years of begging but we finally got that option. I'm so glad it exists.

Now that it's a "moving part," I'm sure we can expect bugs with it, too.

4.2a: Fixed an issue where characters got moved into the 14th (unavailable) slot, preventing their selection.
    4.3: Fixed an issue where character order was being randomized.
    4.3a: Fixed an issue where shaman characters who have been moved couldn't be selected.

Samphis on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cataclysm is on sale on Amazon for $19.99.

It's tempting, but there's nothing worthwhile for my current level (55), is there?

I plan to get it eventually, but I'm still debating if it's worth getting now when I still have so many other areas to visit and levels to grind. If it turns out I can level up faster with this expansion, then it becomes more worthwhile.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OK.... servers are up on time? I'll be quietly weeping under my desk until the 4 horsemen get here...

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

It's tempting, but there's nothing worthwhile for my current level (55), is there?

I plan to get it eventually, but I'm still debating if it's worth getting now when I still have so many other areas to visit and levels to grind. If it turns out I can level up faster with this expansion, then it becomes more worthwhile.

Did you want to roll a goblin or volksworgen?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

Did you want to roll a goblin or volksworgen?

Not particularly.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ho

ly

shit

Wait, what ? You can re-shuffle your toons on the log-in screen ?

Fairchild on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm sure the afternoon/evening zerg will handily bring things back down.

forty on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    someone needs to read mmo-champion more.

little things they did this patch:

new MAP animation
    new hairstyles
    can re-arrange characters on login screen

belligerent on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I like how MMO Champ has all that stuff in the post but nothing about the Thrall questline nor the cloaks you get from doing it.

Opty on
This discussion has been closed.