As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] (OOC) Keep on the Shadowfell+

KayKay What we need...Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Critical Failures
KGfRV.jpg

OOC Discussion Thread

Important - This is NOT a Recruitment Thread. The party are already organised. Mostly.

This is the OOC thread for the Keep on the Shadowfell+ PbP game that I shall be running. Here, I'm hoping to have all OOC discussion between GM and players regarding where to go next, combat tactics, any questions on mechanics or plot or background and suchlike.

We'll be using status blocks like this!

A Bad Guy - HP 15/70; AC 15; F 12, R 13, W 15
@A6; Status: color="Red"]Bloodied[/color, b]-5 Defenses (EONT)[/b, color="Green"]Hunter's Quarry[/color
A Good Guy - HP 56/56; AC 21; F 17, R 17, W 18 [AP: 0 / Surges: 4/11]
@B4; Status: color="Cyan"]Phasing[/color, b]Prone[/b

And we'll be showing our actions like this!
Move Action: Draw the Elixir of White Dragonbreath

Minor Action: Quaff the Elixir of White Dragonbreath

Standard Action: Dragonbreath - AM-4 to AO-2 (Target1 - R14, Target2 - R18, Target3 - R12) - +10 vs Reflex
--> 3#1d20+10 24 11 24
--> 2d6+3 11 Cold Damage
--> Swarmy-Target takes 21 Cold Damage (11 +10 for vulnerability)
--> Standard Target takes 11 Cold Damage

The colours aren't important, as long as it's clear and easy to read.

We're going to be exploring parts of the Nentir Vale, from the Points of Light setting, with the D&D 4E system. Here, have a map!
9Uodh.jpg

Okay, players! Acratia, Aegis, DracoGriffin, Fiaryn, Hippofant and Rius. I'd like a post in here with a link to your character sheet on Orokos, a token image (or an image you'd like me to turn into a token for you), and a brief description of character background, appearance and personality. If any of you have inter-character relationships (Fiaryn, DracoGriffin and Acratia mentioned some possibilities in the IRC jam the other night), make sure they're in your post. And don't worry, because we can edit things as we go along. I'll link to each background post in the OP via edits once everyone's got their post set up.

Also, I'd very much appreciate if you can share your Orokos sheet with me (username is Kay, funnily enough) so that I have fast access to your sheet as needed.

The group have all done at least one or two assignments for the Lord Warden of Fallcrest, which is where the game will begin. In fact, the first scene will be a combination of a debrief from your last assignment (which will have been an expedition to deal with a bandit group threatening the farms in the countryside around Fallcrest) and a briefing for the next job the Lord Warden has lined up for you. More details on that to follow.

Rius' character will not start in the initial scene, he'll come in after you've had a little discussion with your employer.

The Job:

The Lord Warden Faren Markelhay has work for your company. Both High Septarch Nimorazan (the maybe-master of Fallcrest's not-quite-existing-yet Mage Academy) and Sister Marla Kingsblood (a Priest of Bahamut, stationed at the local shrine to the same at the House of the Sun) are also present. Their requests are linked. Douven Stand, an explorer, historian, archaeologist and arcanist of some reputation within Fallcrest has gone missing. The High Septarch has petitioned Faren to send a company of reliable sorts to find him. He went missing while on a dig near Winterhaven, a town roughly 50 miles as the crow flies to the north-west of Fallcrest. Sister Kingsblood, on the other hand, brings word of a dark artifact that was being transported from a remote temple in the Cairngorm peaks, to be entrusted to a small brotherhood of the Raven Queen, experts in the care and retention of dangerous magic. The courier and his guard never arrived in Fallcrest, and she fears the worst.

Feel free to tie your characters in to these hooks - I know that Acratia and Hippofant could easily link their characters to Douven Stand, or at least the neophyte Mage Guild That Isn't in Fallcrest at present, and any of the characters with links to the Church could easily have had connections with the Shrine of Bahamut. It would be very easy for Draco to link his character to Douven, if he gets training in History somehow. Perhaps he attended a couple of lectures on the history of the Nentir Vale, and at least has a passing familiarity with the man. (He's human, incidentally)

So, here's a start guys. One we've got the characters set up, hashed out backgrounds and pinned down their origins, we can get started!

Edit: To share a sheet on Orokos, go to the 'Character Sheets' link while logged in, and go for 'Share Character'. You'll get a dropdown menu to select the character you want to share, and a box for the username you want to share with. It's easy! Also, use 'PA KotS+' as the campaign name, to keep all our rolls together. Hippo, just edit your post with your sheet and background once you've done it. Once everyone has a post at the start, we can go into background discussion/incorporation/etc.

Blackguard Houserules

Domination is untouched.

Fury Blackguards now gain +2 at Heroic, +3 at Paragon, and +4 at Epic with combat advantage, doubled when the Blackguard is Bloodied, or if s/he is adjacent to a Bloodied enemy.

Things to Remember in Combat

When rolling Initiative, anyone who can see and hear Tokul gains +2 Initiative from his Combat Leader feature.

If anyone spends an action point, can see Tokul, and hit with the attack, they gain a damage bonus from him equal to one half of his level, plus his Intelligence Modifier (Currently +3) thanks to his Resourceful Presence.

If they miss, they instead get Temporary Hitpoints equal to half his level plus his Charisma modifier (Currently +2)

ew9y0DD.png
3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
Kay on

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nolar Ironmeld

For the time being, here's the link. Will have background/personality and the like up as soon as I get some sleep.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mah sheet's at home. Also, wot's this about sharing Orokos sheets? I've never heard of this before!

hippofant on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Godfrey Goldfist

"Who am I? Why it's simple my dear, I am ~Godfrey Goldfist~ golem extraordinaire! Raised from the earth by enterprising folk, my gallantry protocols are second to none. Why, I could save a small village while in standby! But alas, maintenance of my fair form is not cheap. While I need not meat and liquid to stuff down my gullet as your lot tend to, metal so sleek and so beautiful has its own needs. I am truly sorry but I must ask for some manner of monetary compensation. You understand I'm sure."

A devotee of Waukeen, Godfrey is a Warforged with an incomparable joie de vivre. He believes ardently in currency as the lifeblood of civilization, after all, people lust after it enough that it seems to be a self-evident truth. Gold is power and opportunity made fluid and flexible and if he is to establish a place in this world that looks at him with a cocked eyebrow he is going to need a fair bit of it. Fortunately for him, he has a talent for theatre. And the peasants love nothing more than a properly slightly overblown bit of knightly conduct and monster slaying don't you know. Really drives up the old reputation.

Edit: Spoilered description of Spectre's Shield since it bizarrely is not in the Compendium.
    Spectre's Shield, Encounter Utility. Replaces Divine Mettle.

Target: Triggering enemy
    Trigger: An enemy within 5 squares of you attacks you.
    Effect: The triggering enemy takes a penalty to all defenses equal to your Charisma modifier.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    BTW, how did Godfrey get his divine powers? Was that before or after he was buried and such and such? (Or are we dropping that? I just remember that from the IRC...)

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    After. He turned to the worship of Waukeen due to the influence of being excavated by and temporarily in the employ of a merchant troupe.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    3QHW5.png

Nolar's life had been spent growing up within the walled citadel of Hammerfast, an old surviving remnant of dwarven civilization come to an...interesting resolution during the Bloodspear Wars with the tepid cooperation between Dwarves and Orcs within the city. Not that this bothered Nolar all that much as being the first born son of one of the local priests, his life was immediately inducted into the necessary years of training for him to one day replace his father as spiritual guide. With the dwarves' duty in protecting the fallen of Hammerfast within the many tombs, Nolar quickly was taught the sacred runescript of his people, learning to control and direct his faith through the very etchings on stone and metal.

Once old enough, and as part of his training, Nolar was sent out into the world to hopefully find some greater measure of understanding to the wider world in order to further centre and strengthen his beliefs. Taking it upon himself to extend the guardianship of Hammerfast to the wider Vale, Nolar has since been wandering the roads and towns of the former Nerathian backwater, searching out those ruined or corrupted houses of the gods', hoping to lend some form of aid in restoring them to their former selves. Believing that such erosion of their former purpose is an affront to the Gods and not fitting of such mortal followers, Nolar becomes very determined and resolute when happening upon a new site.

Aside from his devoted path in life, the dwarf comes off as rather friendly to most people. Always willing to lend a hand, he's quick to engage in conversation with those showing a similar spirit and tends to value his friends quite highly. While he will not engage to excess, he nonetheless loves to drink and tell wonderful stories about the [strike]campfire[/strike] tavern whenever the opportunity presents himself.

After performing several jobs here and there in Fallcrest and learning of the plight of the explorer near Winterhaven, Nolar is quite excited by the prospect of travelling near Winterhaven within the shadow of the Craighorn Mountains and of seeing a bit of nostalgia for home.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Background
    Born into a nomadic tribe of dragonborn, Tokul was exiled early in life from his home. Omens and dark whispers were elicited from his birth, his egg drastically different than all others. His clan primarily of red and gold scales; with eggs matching molten gold. However, Tokul's egg was a pale silver, brazened with an unknown sigil. The sigil brought forth only more worries and doubts to an already failing and weak band.

His parents were of no particular note nor did they hold any sway within the group. Fearing for the bleak outlook of the clan, the patriarch chose to exile the newborn instead of the family. Losing two laborers and potentially suitable offspring would be too devastating for their continued existence. However, the responsibility was given to the war leader; a position that is banned from procreating to reduce power of bloodlines.

Nearing the end of his life, the warleader began to suffer horrible bouts of depression as he watched the other clan members' and their children. The event came to the dragonborn as a sign; of what, he wasn't sure but he would accept it in his own way. He carried off the unborn to one of the 'City of the Fallen'; one of many cliff-dwellings carved into buttes or gorges. Many of the tribe believe these 'Cities of the Fallen' are from the ancient Arkhosian empire, a time when dragonborn abandoned to live off the land instead of relying on nature.

The dragonborn warleader stayed with the egg often, up until Tokul's birthing. The first few years, Kassam (as he would later become known as) spent the time entrusting the youngling with survival skills. He took Tokul into the wastelands, allowing him to practice hunting and archery, advising him of the various methods to herb collection and tracking. Kassam would lessen his time spent with the youngling, until Tokul established he was capable of living on his own.

The warleader's next lessons were more meaningful and articulate: martial stances, history and etiquette. Kassam began to question his student of foreign places, various cultures or their tribe's history, often during vigorous exercises or physical combat. Tokul would spend days reciting poetry while practicing swordplay or recalling each successor of a society during martial demonstrations. Kassam concocted grueling examinations; recite various kingdoms and their history during physical combat. If the drakeling was hit or incorrect, he was forced to begin anew.

As time went on, Kassam's health began to steadily decline, visiting less and less often with the maturing dragonborn. However, Tokul spent one peculiarly frigid winter alone, never receiving word from his mentor. Tokul decided to visit his long-lost tribe as the cold storms passed. He spent two weeks tracking the clan before he discovered their location. It wasn't until several nights later that the outcast would reveal himself openly.

He approached the outcropping of tents and camps, concealing his appearance lest he draw the wrong type of attention. He walked to a small fire, with two male dragonborn hunched near it. Tokul inquired about Kassam and the location of his tent. They squinted at the foreigner, unsure of any other called by that name. He asked about the warleader instead, as the two dragonborn glanced to one another with uncertainty. One of the males pointed towards a tent with two banners, as they slowly rose to meet the stranger.

Tokul thanked them as he tried to placate them with his hands, gesturing to sit once more. He quickly made for the dwelling, making sure he wasn't followed too closely. He removed his cowl as he stepped inside, requesting for Kassam's presence. A hulking dragonborn was practicing his sword swing, his form's shadow dancing against the tent's coverings with his red scales illuminated by the crackling fireplace.

A deep voice emanated from the red tribal warrior, stating no knowledge of a 'Kassam'. The male turned towards Tokul, still brandishing the blade.

"Now, who are you to ask such things of me, leader of this tribe's warriors?"

"I am Tokul ik Kassam, my father was a warleader here."

"Warleaders are not allowed progeny. You dare speak such slanderous lies against my people?"

"He was not by blood, but by honor. He cared for me when my tribe rejected my life."

"I see. Perhaps you seek Heskan, the warleader who was lost to the Great Chill. He wandered off, saying something of caring for the fallen. None have found his body nor heard word from him."

"Thank you, brother. That was all I required from your tribe. There is nothing else for me here."

"Now, begone from this place. Strangers are not welcomed so warmly here."

~~~~~

Personality
    Tokul is quite cold and despondent, after years spent in isolation during his youth. Inwardly, his emotions are in a wild turmoil, conflicting with his outward behavior.

He is quite reclusive and detached from reality, his mind constantly wandering. There are brief moments of lucidity whereupon he can cite astonishing facts about cultures, a noble family or other seemingly random piece of information.

However, these are all puzzle pieces to a calculating and thoughtful person. Tokul is careful in consideration of every action, event or plan; knowing there are reactions and repercussions that could be long-lasting.

Appearance
    Tokul has a contorted visage, one that has been refined by years spent in the outlying desert wastes. His body has been cruelly sculpted into one of magnificence but at significant psychological costs.

His maw is much sharper and chiseled compared to his tribe's normally rounded, humanoid features. Tokul's scales have begun to bleach from the prolonged exposure to sunlight; diminishing from its original cerulean tone to a faint powder blue. His eyes have sunken deeper into his face, losing their original humanoid shape in favor of a larger golden iris.

Tokul's frame is thin and wiry, but extremely fit and lean. His stance is usually hunched, rarely ever stiff or standing straight; misleading opponents and prey about his true agility and height.

~~~

Tokul usually adorns himself with various parts from wildlife; horns and teeth dangle from his neck as skulls and bones are attached to his clothing. He has a penchant for scrimshawing his collection of animal parts while in meditation or deep conversations.

Keen eyes can identify that Tokul suffers from tics: a long-term side-effect from solitude. He will periodically click his claws against one another, in a steady thrumming rhythm. During conversations, his arms will fidget and cross, over and over until finding a comfortable position; another side-effect of never being able to feel safe in one place too long.

racetribaldragonborn.png

Temporary post until I finish outlining the stuffs!

edit: Updated appearance! Updated first background (fixed, but sloppy :()!

DracoGriffin on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Weapon Expertise (Bow)? Why not pick up the Essentials version instead:
    Benefit: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a bow. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage roll of any weapon attack you make with a bow against a single creature that is not adjacent to any other creature. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    AcratiaAcratia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    OH HELLO THREAD I WAS PLAYING WITCHER 2 AND DID NOT NOTICE YOU HA HA

I'll uh, get my sheet written up and posted with the power of justice.

It's going to be pretty simple though, it's just a Thief! I took Rius' suggestion and went with Thief instead of Rogue.

Acratia on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    HALLO

Tara Censky, Human Mage

Born into a lesser noble family, Tara's parents had relatively modest expectations for their middle daughter. She was attractive enough, could be fairly charming when she wanted to, and was perhaps a little bit smarter than ideal. But goodness' sake, her attitude. Not exactly a wild child, certainly not like that trollop of Lord Proudmore's, but utterly uncontrollable. It was never one thing, but this and that: beating up Rond Trammond's son Jevon in a public rough and tumble over some candy, starting arguments with guests at her mother's dinner parties, making snide remarks in public to city guardsmen and local merchants, constantly befriending the hired help, except for her tutors whom she instead infuriated with her obstinance. And finally, when they'd at last lined up a decent suitor for her - not exactly the same calibre of husband as her elder sister's, but what could one do with all her efforts at sabotage - out came news of a dalliance with a local priestess of Sehanine.

Well that was that. After all, Tara's parents had yet another daughter to think about - it had taken them four tries to produce an heir - and they couldn't very well let Tara destroy her future as well. So she was packed up and shipped out, enrolled at some mage's academy in a small town far far away. They did hope she'd be happy there, though they had no idea how, but she had insisted on a mage's academy rather than a temple of Pelor as her mom wanted, but she was their daughter and they did love her, when she wasn't contradicting them at every turn, so off she went.

They still get letters from her from time to time. Evidently, she's made a number of friends, and together they've been learning all sorts of magic that they've found useful in benefiting the local townsfolk. There was even a boy, another apprentice named Adon whom she had hinted about in her letters, greatly relieving them both. True, he was hardly what they would have chosen for her, but it was much as they could expect now, and far more than they had feared.

Of course, what she'd neglected to inform them of was that she had quit after two years, two years of being talked down to by old men with pointy beards, being put through examination after examination just to prove to those old farts that she'd been listening, performed mind-numbing exercises, half of which were entirely pointless while the other were not so subtly preparing them to be the King's war mages, all while being indoctrinated by the same old "obedience, discipline, stability, responsibility" rigamarole. It was all just another ridiculous game, just like the one those imbecilic nobles played, except this one amongst fetid intellectuals.

She'd had enough of kings, and old wizards, and noblemen, and all their preaching. Even in the guild, there weren't even any women amongst the master mages; the elder ones'd all been shuffled off to the healing arts or botany or potion-making or artistic magic, if they hadn't left entirely to join a temple of Ioun or Corellon. It was ridiculous to Tara, watching these brilliant women be pressured into these side roles which "befitted" them, because they were less stressful and competitive (and also less prestigious and powerful) and "suited" their dispositions for nurturing and beauty. That was true even before she had found in the library, amongst the depictions of women being crazed shrieking banshees, treacherous seductive bitches, or beautiful virtuous maidens, depictions of upside-down societies where the women were in charge, lands where everything was turned upon its head but somehow the sky didn't fall. Sheer madness was how the authors had described these places, but Tara found them incredibly seductive, though the drow's indiscriminate cruelty was a little off-putting. Once her eyes had been opened, she could scarcely close them again; gathering her belongings, plus some illicit withdrawals from the academy library, she stormed out and decamped for another land altogether, a rather backwaters region called the Nentir Vale.

The letters still arrive, now and then, at her parents' house, though their delivery has secretly become much more difficult, on the wings of a faerie dragonling spirit Tara has trained as a familiar. They don't mention that she now lives in Fallcrest, the nominal capital of the Nentir Vale, in a room she rents above a small general store by herself. They don't mention how she pays for food and rent by doing odd jobs around town, including some for the Lord Warden with a small group of adventurers she might casually refer to as "friends", or how she spends her free time practicing spells and reading books she borrows from a local wizard named Douvren, who's been persistently recruiting her for a new local mage guild. They don't mention how sometimes she sits cross-legged on bed, alone, illuminated just by whatever light she's conjured up, wondering how she got here and where exactly she's planning to go from here.

taraj.png

BAMF.

hippofant on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Pleased to hear you're going with a Thief instead of a Rogue, Acratia. I really think you'll be satisfied with the class.

I am working furiously now on my character's finalized sheet and backstory! Also, a name. Need to pick a name.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I just went to CNN and picked like the first two names I saw.

One of the advantages of playing a hew-mon!

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You went to CNN and picked the first two names, but didn't end up with Anderson Blitzer as a name? Shame!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    And my next character is born.

Wolf Obama, Human Inspiring Warlord.

Rius on
  • Options
    AcratiaAcratia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Backstory is hard.

I have everything else done.

Acratia on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Soooooo, we know what we're all playing?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Acratia and I are totally slacking, aren't we? Sorry guys. Here's a teaser for my PC;

revised14.jpg

Rius on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Now I am convinced that that blackguard and our paladin will make for hilarious times.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Does he look a little too much GRIMDARK?

Rius on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My Warforged's grimdarkometer just exploded.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It's all about the setting, honestly. Someone photoshop some unicorns and a sunny grassy field behind him and he'll be fine.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    He's not holding a fiend-axe, he's holding a bouquet of flowers.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    God this reminds me of one of my favorite ongoing campaign jokes. Two friends and I were playing through a Neverwinter Nights 1 campaign, player made. NWN1 was a 3rd Edition engine D&D based game for those who don't know.

Well, one of my friends was playing a Paladin and the poor bastard, no matter where we went, no matter what we did, the best armor we found for him always just looked hideously evil. So here's this Lawful Good Paladin bedecked in skulls and spikes and dark colors "GUYS I'M NOT EVIL I SWEAR WHY DOES EVERYONE RUN AWAY FROM MEEEEEE"

Edit: He only found Paladin-looking armor at the very, very end of the game.

Edit edit: One of these people was Acratia he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I think the red eyes are too much. Are they too much? Tell me they're not too much :lol:

Rius on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The red eyes cross some kind of line. Somehow.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    He's been up all night drowning his sorrow over some ale after everyone keeps dropping dead whenever he's about to give them his [strike]axe[/strike] bouquet, give him a break!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    How in the hell does a Shade Blackguard work? The image is rather grimdark, but I'm confident it will be handled well.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    He's not a Shade, that'd be suicidal, heh. He's... a Human. Yeah.

Edit: It's probably best to look at that image and consider it his about-to-wreck-shit-in-battle appearance. I won't be playing him as the son of lucifer born from the black hellshadows beneath gloomy UnderShadowDark.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Goddamnit.

Now I want to make a Shade Vampire, just to see how [strike]bad[/strike] hilarious it would be. ONE healing surge!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Rius wrote: »
    He's not a Shade, that'd be suicidal, heh. He's... a Human. Yeah.

Edit: It's probably best to look at that image and consider it his about-to-wreck-shit-in-battle appearance. I won't be playing him as the son of lucifer born from the black hellshadows beneath gloomy UnderShadowDark.

Well shit if that's the case why am I even in this game anymore?!

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'M UPDATING MY SIG.

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    All we need now is for Tildryn and Rius to sort themselves out, and I should be able to get the IC thread going on Sunday.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Andrei Saraev Tzvetanov, Militant Raven of Vrancea

revised14.jpg

Gods have all kinds of followers and all kinds of servants. Andrei is the latter, and for all his noble upbringing and intense training, he remains a blunt instrument.

Born and raised in the distant land of Vrancea, Andrei's youth could best be described as chaotic. Quick to anger, he often found himself in fights of his own origination. Yet Andrei was no bully; his targets were invariably bigger, stronger or older than him. Remarkably, he often found a way to defeat his self-chosen enemies. While never much of a strategist or intellectual he invariably found a way to outwit his opponents with sheer strength and guile. When asked why he would constantly come home with the unusual combination of bruises, cuts and a smile he would only reply that he was having fun.

Andrei's parents took his behavior in stride, using their extensive connections and contacts to find an outlet for his nature instead of attempting to suppress it. It is because of this that he was introduced to the clergy in his late teens, a meeting that initially confused him. His religion, like many children, was that of his parents, and something to be honored, but not necessarily paid strict attention to. After all, there were more important things to do, weren't there? Yet his parents commanded him to listen and obey, and so he did.

Andrei's unshakeable, unequivocal loyalty to his family compelled him to follow the wizened cleric into the temple compound. Just as he was resigning himself to a lifetime (or at least several decades' worth) of boring servitude he was introduced to the temple's master-at-arms. Andrei quickly learned that service to his goddess could in fact be exhilarating... more so than he'd ever imagined.

As it turns out, the Raven Queen had a specific need for devotees of a martial nature. Every deity has it's more militant followers, of course, but Andrei's training was rather unusual. Most warriors are trained to control their emotions, to not let fear or fury rule them on the battlefield. Most warriors are taught strategy and tactics that they might outwit their opponents. Most warriors... but not Andrei. His strengths are different, after all. He is a tempest, a wrecking ball, a high explosive to be set to a task or against a foe. All that's left afterwards is to sit back and watch the show.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Woo! And now all we need is Tildryn's dude.

Oh yeah, could everyone please change their Adventuring Company field to 'PA KotS+' please? Thank you!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Is there a character sheet link somewhere in Rius' post I'm missing?

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    There is not! Kay has it, for now.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Okay, I was going to put an OP up today, but I've decided not to for now.

Fiaryn and Acratia got a day or so to find a good image, and I'll make it into a token. I'll put up an OP for the IC thread tomorrow. It will be pretty.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm sorry I couldn't find a picture :( I looked but there were none!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I found a good one, don't worry!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png