As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Audiophilia: Headphones, Amps, DAPs, and Empty Wallets

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Looking to upgrade my home theater stereo system piece by piece. Is today's Amazon offering as good of a deal as it looks?

https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-RZ720-THX-Certified-7-2-Channel-Receiver/dp/B071L2MQ65

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I can't find any in-depth reviews of that exact model with my 2 seconds of googling, but it seems pretty highly regarded on reseller websites, and apparently they're built pretty nicely with beefy components. 110W per channel should drive your speakers pretty well too!

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I have that exact receiver, a it's served me well so far.

You can split off a 2nd set of speakers for another room or something too.

• Options
    I held off for now because although this would probably still work I am not sure what to do about rear channels. The nice thing about my old home theater is the real channels have a wireless receiver. This unit would require some sort of bridge to keep me from having to run wire all over the basement.

Are wireless speaker bridges for traditional receivers like this a thing?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I held off for now because although this would probably still work I am not sure what to do about rear channels. The nice thing about my old home theater is the real channels have a wireless receiver. This unit would require some sort of bridge to keep me from having to run wire all over the basement.

Bruh, suck it up and run wires through your walls! It's not as if you can take your money with you when you die!

• Options
    Running wires through my walls in my basement isn't really feasible because half my walls are concrete

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    That's doable but not worth the effort. You need some conduit. Or yeah, stick with wireless. I thought about going wireless in the new house but fortunately the space under the TV room isn't finished in the basement so running speaker wire along the unfinished ceiling in the basement was a breeze.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Butters wrote: »

Wireless speaker bridges do exist. I set one up a long time ago (also in a basement with similar limitations). I don't remember what brand I used, but a google search has found this: https://www.amazon.com/Multichannel-Wireless-Transmitter-Surround-Speakers/dp/B01M1BK1U3

and this https://www.amazon.com/Multichannel-Wireless-Receiver-Amplifier-Speakers/dp/B01LX35T6D/

LD50 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    dumb question time: is there such a thing as a USB headset with a detachable (or I guess retractable?) microphone? I'd like to move over to a USB headset but I've gotten really used to being able to take the mic off the one I have now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    dumb question time: is there such a thing as a USB headset with a detachable (or I guess retractable?) microphone? I'd like to move over to a USB headset but I've gotten really used to being able to take the mic off the one I have now

Yes, though I don't know about audiophile quality. I was given a pair of Sound Blaster H7's, which is USB based. It's a gaming headset, and the microphone can be unplugged and disconnected; it looks like a simple 3.5mm plug. If it exists there, I'm sure there are other headphones with the same setup. I think the trick is finding great audio quality (an assumption based on where you posted this).

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    oh dang, there you go. I was looking around different vendors' websites and almost always detachable mics came on models with only analog connectors

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    hey audiophiles.

What is a good noise cancelling headphone model to look at that won't break the bank? (Let's say around 100 buckeroos US legel tender?)

Probably over ear for comfort I am thinking.

It's for my brother for a gift later this year because we're moving into an apartment and the upstairs neighbors can be loud and he gets PTSD stuff sometimes from loud yelling voices.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    If ANC is really wanted, there's the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7b. I had a pair of these briefly and didn't like them much at all, FWIW.

But with the caveat that ANC probably wouldn't do much do filter out people yelling - it is mainly designed for getting rid of white noise, like a train or plane.

The Sony MDR-7506 will sound better for the money and still give good isolation due to the over-ear, closed-back design.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    If ANC is really wanted, there's the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7b. I had a pair of these briefly and didn't like them much at all, FWIW.

But with the caveat that ANC probably wouldn't do much do filter out people yelling - it is mainly designed for getting rid of white noise, like a train or plane.

The Sony MDR-7506 will sound better for the money and still give good isolation due to the over-ear, closed-back design.

I have a pair of the Sony MDR-7506 and yes, with cups settled firmly over the ears it is VERY hard to hear anything else.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Anyone have any experience with the Hyper CloudX wireless set? Saw it on sale and was interested at 100. Just not sure what to expect of wireless.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Anyone have any experience with the Hyper CloudX wireless set? Saw it on sale and was interested at 100. Just not sure what to expect of wireless.

I don't know, but I bought one this morning so I hope it's good.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of getting a Bluetooth speaker for my fiance for Christmas and there are a couple of good deals going on today for Cyber Monday. I'm deciding between the JBL Flip 4 for $60, The Bose Soundlink Micro for $70 or The Ultimate BOOM 2 for $65. Anyone have any recommendations between these three?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Alright. I've got a new 4K TV (Samsung NU8000) and a Denon AVR-S730H receiver. I'm wondering if someone can recommend the best way to set up the sources - through the receiver or through the TV? I've currently got a PS4, an Apple TV, a Switch, and a Chromecast all hooked up through the receiver, but I'd like to take advantage of the ability to use different video settings through the TV and not have to change to Game Mode every time I play a game.

Thoughts?

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    In theory, this is what HDMI ARC is for. The caveat is that you'll lose the advanced HDMI audio codecs (TrueHD, etc), but honestly I don't think many people have the ears and equipment to tell those apart from DD 5.1 audio.

To use it, you'll have to run an HDMI cable from the ARC-labeled port on the TV to the ARC-labeled port on the receiver. Here's a generic Denon page about it that might help: https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3956/~/playing-tv-audio-through-the-av-receiver

a5ehren on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    In theory, this is what HDMI ARC is for. The caveat is that you'll lose the advanced HDMI audio codecs (TrueHD, etc), but honestly I don't think many people have the ears and equipment to tell those apart from DD 5.1 audio.

To use it, you'll have to run an HDMI cable from the ARC-labeled port on the TV to the ARC-labeled port on the receiver. Here's a generic Denon page about it that might help: https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3956/~/playing-tv-audio-through-the-av-receiver

Thanks! This is exactly what I ended up doing. Worked out quite well, actually.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Headphone question. I've been doing a lot of research the last couple weeks and I'm not really sure what I want to do lol. Right now I have 2 sets of AudioTechnica M50's, one for home and one for work. I've been pretty happy with them for the last 6 years, got them on sale, added a cotton headband and used some old socks to add cotton covers to the cups to keep oil from drying them out. I'm using them with a Soundblaster-Z soundcard in my PC. However a couple things I have noticed, the sound stage seems really small. Everything feels really close even with virtualization software (SBX). Also comfort is ok but can be a bit fatiguing.

Since I'm in an apartment, I can't go with open back headphones as the TV is in the next room and during quiet moments I can hear it a little even through my M50's (GF has TV on most of the time).

I started looking at the Beyerdynamics line, the DT770 but most reviews put them only a bit better than the M50's. Then I moved to the MMX300's as they have a mic attached, but the reviews on those seem interesting as it's over $100 more and many folks claim it's pretty similar to the DT770's. Digging into it, it seems they are using the 'premium' model which has a bit less bass but better mids and highs. I was also looking at the Audeze Mobius, which was getting really good reviews. But digging further into it, seems like it might be more of a headache. They are still trying to sort out issues like 'white noise hiss' via firmware, and since I have SBX already, I don't really care about the inbuilt virtualization. HardOCP's review seemed to mirror my own thoughts about headtracking (why would you want it?). I did like the idea of a combo wired headset plus bluetooth headset.

Of course looking over the Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide on head-fi, I got to the Denon AH-D7000 which he seemed to think was the best under $1000 closed back headphone. He mentions a huge sound stage for a closed back headphone and that it really helps with location in games. Looking online, it seems folks like the D7200 even more. Of course now we are up to $800 headphones lol.

I'm not really sure what to do. Part of me looks at headphones like a mattress. I've had my M50's for 6 years, so they are a long term investment. Also I spend a lot of time listening to music while working and gaming is a huge part of my life so putting money into it isn't a huge deal (I've spent more on my OLED and computer). But it's hard to quantify the investment. A TV I can go to best buy and see the improvement, a video card I can watch youtube videos comparing in game settings. Sound is really hard lol. I could just buy a pair and return them if they don't offer a noticeable improvement, but when dealing with higher end headphones, we're also talking about amps and dac's.

So I guess a couple questions:

1) If I do try something out, I don't want to order 5 headphones and return 4. I'd love to narrow down the options. Does anyone have any experience with the Denon 7000's or 7200's (or 5200's)?

2) Am I expecting too much and should I just chill with my M50's. Maybe till there is a Audeze Mobius 2? Or would something like the MMX300's be close to the Denon's and a big improvement over my M50's.

3) For amp/dac, should I go with something like the Magni to add to my internal Soundblaster card (could always add the Modi down the road), or something like the Sound Blaster X7 which would replace my internal card but seems to be really good at handling multiple sources (PC, PS4, etc).

4) Most of my music is old (ripped way back in the early 2000's). I still have some CD's but other have been lost to time. For those that do remain, what should I rip them with and format? Or should I just save myself the hassle and do something like Tidal? I listen to every genre but I do like movie and game OST's.

Sorry for the long post. Any help or insight even would he appreciated.

EDIT: Found another pair that seems like it might have a signature I would like, the AudioQuest NightOwl. Has anyone heard these before?

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Does Denon even make the AH-D7000s anymore?

I have a pair of AH-D5000s, and the reality of the situation is that they're rebranded Fostex headphones. And you can buy a new set of Fostex TR-X00 headphones for pretty cheap, all considered. I dunno if these would be considered equivalent to the AH-D5000s or the AH-D7000s, but I do know my partner paid nearly $600 for my 5000s many years ago and I still love them to bits so if these are as good then they're a great deal, if they're better then they're a fucking steal.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    The AH-D7000's have been out of production for years and I don't think I've ever read or heard anything about the 7200's on any of the headphone enthusiast sites.

What exactly are you looking to spend on either headphones by themselves or headphones + amp or amp/dac?

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    While I'm financially frugal, if it's worth it, money's not really an issue. Headphones are like a mattress, I use them everyday, so I can justify splurging. My major concern is spending a crap ton of money for a pair I don't like or that I don't think is much of an upgrade because I couldn't pre-listen to anything. I'm way too much of a novice to know what people are talking on forums most of the time lol. For example from the Denon Head-fi thread:
    TH900 has a very natural bass +4dB gentle rise , but the mid range dip and peaky treble kinda screwed up the overall balance. It's a technical performer with aggressive U-shaped sound signature. D7200's tuning is rather similar to the D7000 in terms of bass and mid range transition. the main difference between the Denon's is the treble emphasis.
    If you like rumbling bass and not treble sensitive, TH900 is a strong contender for music enjoyment. If you prefer a polite and less vigorous sound, D7200 is the safer option.
    There is not a clear winner between the two but a matter of personal preference.

I have no idea what they are talking about lol.

I've also looked at the Massdrop Fostex TH-X00. While they compete more with the 5200, people do love them. I really like the look of the Ebony which looks like it's sold out? While it may be stupid, I'd feel terrible throwing a modmic on those nice cups lol and the plug doesn't work with the V-moda mic.

Here's some of the models I was looking at:

Denon 7200: Pros (good sound, tight bass, better soundstage, uses 3.5mm in so headphone mic could work), Cons (major comfort issue, little harsh, no parts (Denon distributor out of everything), Cost)

Massdrop x Fostex TR-X00: Pros (tons of bass, good comfort), Cons (too much bass?, non-3.5mm cable input, a little sound leakage, weak hinge).

Focal elegia: Pros (Look really comfertable haha), Cons (low bass and comments around holding up long term).

Shure SRH1540: Mostly going off Mad Lust Envy's list and tons of positive reviews. Seems comfort is great and while sound may not equal $1000 headphones, seems to beat out other sub $500 cans.

Beyerdynamic MMX300 2nd Gen: Pros (comfort, in-built mic), Cons (Not sure how much of an upgrade it would be vs my M50's)

Right now I think I'm leaning towards the Massdrop TR-X00's or the Shure SRH1540. Both would keep me in the $500 range which would allow for a Sound Blaster X7 or Schiit Magni.

EDIT: I've seen these comments on quite a few forums which make me nervous about the TR-X00. Fostex has a rep for high defect rate, seems these are inheriting it.
    So recently the hanger on my pair of TH-X00 broke in the all too familiar way. Luckily my warranty was still active and Massdrop replaced them with a brand new shiny pair of TR-X00.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    It sounds like you're leaning towards closed headphones. None of them are going to be as good for gaming an open headphones primarily when it comes to positional audio. How much that matters to you is going to depend on the games you play. That said, not all open headphones are good for gaming where positional audio is important. My Focal Elears are terrible when it comes to positional audio in games (Overwatch was unplayable with them) but are the best I've ever heard for anything else. I switch to my Sennheiser HD700's when positional audio is important (if not I stick with the Elears).

The hardest part about buying headphones is not being able to listen to them before you buy them. All you can really do is read as many reviews as possible to get an idea what the sound signature is going to be like. That descrition you quoted should give you a pretty good idea of the differences between the headphones being compared. Basically, the person is saying the TH900 is going to have a more energetic and fun sound than the 7200's is going to have a more balanced and relaxed sound.

If you're in the $500 range and want closed headphones I'd definitely consider the beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro's. The Meze 99's, classic or Neo, are worth a consideration too. Stretching your budget a bit would get you into the Mr. Speakers Aeon closed or Focal Elegia. I'd also look into amps or amp/dacs from JDS Labs. Basically any amp or amp/dac is going to give you better sound quality than a sound card, and some headphones are going to require an amp to actually sound good.

There are numerous excellent options in the $400-1000 range. It just depends on what kind of sound signature you're looking for and what you feel comfortable spending. The Head-fi forums are a good resource as are review sites like Inner Fidelity, Headphonia, and Youtube channels like Z Reviews (take a lot of what says with a grain of salt because he likes a particular sound signature (of which is not the same as mine), but his sound demos may prove useful) and others.

Buying from Amazon might be a good idea because of their lenient return policy and you can score some great deals if a model you want is available from the Amazon Warehouse. I got a huge savings on my HD700's by doing that.

• Options
    Yeah I'm at the point of just giving up, headphone searching is crazy. I basically want the M50's with a bigger sound stage and better vocals. However reading countless reviews and asking questions it seems like just about anything $300 and under is pretty much a side-grade for me. Then getting $300 and up changes the signature of each headphone so that it's unique. Reading reviews, you'll see someone specifically say the Shure SRH1540 has an amazing sound stage for a closed back headphone. Then 2 comments later, someone will mention the sound stage is narrow, with a couple people agreeing with them. That's not even getting into the "burn in" factor and how headphones can sound different after 100 hours of burn in.

I have to go closed back for sound reasons. With cat toys running, TV going, etc, open back would suck. I don't mind letting sound out, but sound in would ruin the experience. We have a Guitar Center nearby so I'm going to swing over there this weekend and see what they may have. It seems each store is different in terms of what they have out or will let you try.

• Options
    If the SRH1540's are at the top of your list, InnerFidelity (people who know what they're talking about when it comes to audio reviews), loved them. The sound signature is going to be similar to the M50's but vastly more refined and nuanced. I'd also take a serious look at the Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro. The M50x's are also worth a look if you want to spend a little less. They're an updated, more refined, and better sounding version of your M50's.

I've been wanting a set of closed headphones for a while and I think they would be a nice pairing to my Focal Elears.

• Options
    haha funny I was just starting to think about looking at the M50x or at least trying the DT770's 80ohm's to see if they'd be enough of an improvement that I'd be all set.

Also thinking about trying to find some headphone meet ups in the DC area to see if $1000 cans are worth the investment. Reading online, most stores that used to have headphones available to try are out of business.

• Options
    As someone who made the $1000+ investment and uses their headphones 3+ hour a day I can say it was absolutely worth it. If you have the money and it's something you're going to use regularly or all the time then go for it.

You are going to want to also buy a good amp or amp/dac once you start spending serious money on headphones. There are a bunch of good $100-200 amps from Schitt, JDS Labs, and many others that are excellent.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Grumble grumble I misplaced my IEMs somewhere
    I think in the office

Maybe someone took them to the lost and found I hope because I cannot find them
    Hopefully no one like took them or threw them away when cleaning or idk

Grumble

poo
  • Options
    Cormac wrote: »
    As someone who made the $1000+ investment and uses their headphones 3+ hour a day I can say it was absolutely worth it. If you have the money and it's something you're going to use regularly or all the time then go for it.

You are going to want to also buy a good amp or amp/dac once you start spending serious money on headphones. There are a bunch of good $100-200 amps from Schitt, JDS Labs, and many others that are excellent.

Yeah someone I was talking to on reddit mentioned JDS Labs, the element looks really nice. Of course it seems you want to pair your Amp/Dac with the type of headphones (warm on warm = bad time). I'm a bit familiar with that from all the time I spend 5 years ago looking at speakers and amps.

After wearing my M50's most of the day today, I can definitely say I wouldn't mind something a bit more comfertable haha. Funny enough, the more I researched the Shure's the more comfort came across as the main benefit. Most people like them, but at $399 ($499 when most reviewed them) they are way overpriced. If they were in the $200 range, they might be a good upgrade.

A couple I'm narrowing in on are the AudioQuest NightOwl (if it would get a price drop like the NightHawk). At the higher end, the Campfire Audio Cascade seems like a good fit. One knock someone mentioned is that the pads are held on magnetically which led to them falling off a lot (hopefully that's been updated).

• Options
    I wonder if it might be worth waiting and checking out CanJam in NYC 2019? Seems like it's only a 3 hour train ride from DC.

• Options
    Burn in? Mostly bullshit. Typically the bigger the driver (and thus more robust the driver surround), the more difference burn in makes. So if we're talking about a bass guitar amp with twin 15 inch drivers with cloth-reinforced rubber driver surrounds and a stiff vulcanised fabric spider, yeah. Blast some brown noise through it at like 3/4 maximum volume for ten hours straight, and yeah you might see a slight increase in driver response and throw as the heavy and tough surround and spider get worked and soften up.

The 50 mm mylar thin film drivers in a pair of headphones? Nah.

• Options
    lol throw that in as #2 for why researching headphones is ridiculous. First you can't try anything on, despite everyone telling you to "find the signature" you like. Then you have folks talking about how much sound changes with different amps or burn in, when it's mostly likely a tiny difference to most people, but that's hard as hell to tell when you're a novice.

• Options
    Should I buy another expensive pair of IEMs to replace my lost ones
    I guess so

My commute is sad without them

poo
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    lol throw that in as #2 for why researching headphones is ridiculous. First you can't try anything on, despite everyone telling you to "find the signature" you like. Then you have folks talking about how much sound changes with different amps or burn in, when it's mostly likely a tiny difference to most people, but that's hard as hell to tell when you're a novice.

Analogue amps can colour the sound in different ways, especially tube amps. Digital amps? Even the cheapest USB stick Amp/DACs are putting out sound so clean and clear and close to the source it is basically impossible to measure a difference with devices many times more sensitive than the human ear. My old Fiio E17 still does a cracking job of getting my FLACs from my computer to my ears via my AH-D5000s.

You can obviously spend more on something like the basic Schiit stack (Magni & Modi) if you want something even better, much more stylish, and that should last for decades. Unless you're spending thousands and thousands of dollars on really top-of-the-line premium headphones though, that's really as good as anyone would ever really need from a digital signal chain. At the performance levels I'm talking about, it's more about your personal preference for the way the headphones make the signal sound than it is any particular improvement in signal quality being input into the 'phones. That's why a lot of headphone nerds will have a bunch of different cans, and will use one set for jazz, one set for classical, another set for classic rock...

• Options
    I guess so

Did you ever end up getting a set of Shure SH-215s? Mine are still going strong and sounding pretty great.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Analogue amps can colour the sound in different ways, especially tube amps. Digital amps? Even the cheapest USB stick Amp/DACs are putting out sound so clean and clear and close to the source it is basically impossible to measure a difference with devices many times more sensitive than the human ear. My old Fiio E17 still does a cracking job of getting my FLACs from my computer to my ears via my AH-D5000s.

You can obviously spend more on something like the basic Schiit stack (Magni & Modi) if you want something even better, much more stylish, and that should last for decades. Unless you're spending thousands and thousands of dollars on really top-of-the-line premium headphones though, that's really as good as anyone would ever really need from a digital signal chain. At the performance levels I'm talking about, it's more about your personal preference for the way the headphones make the signal sound than it is any particular improvement in signal quality being input into the 'phones. That's why a lot of headphone nerds will have a bunch of different cans, and will use one set for jazz, one set for classical, another set for classic rock...

At this point, i'm putting my search on hold. I think I want to try out this NYC CanJam thing if I can. I was talking with someone who went before and while it's not the best place to test sound, it'll give me a great idea about comfort. Since I'm mainly looking for a gaming can, comfort is a big thing. My M50's can get uncomfortable after a couple hours.

For amps, I'll cross that bridge when I get there haha. My SoundBlaster Z works well enough and has the surround software. If extra power is needed, I'll just grab a Schiit or JDS.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I currently have one of the massdrop centrance mini USB DACs at work, and another cheapish DAC going into an objective2 amp at home.

Both of them are more than powerful enough for headphones, as pointed out they're technically both going to be good enough -- the big win on both of them for me is a physical volume dial, because it turns out that I adjust the volume of headphones a surprising number of times a day.

• Options
    I guess so

Did you ever end up getting a set of Shure SH-215s? Mine are still going strong and sounding pretty great.

nah i had a pair of the massdrop plus IEMs
    which sounded great and fit my ears well, biggest issue was with the connector / cable

but uh now i've lost them so hm what do i do

(sigh, losing $300 headphones pls)

poo