Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Audiophilia: Headphones, Amps, DAPs, and Empty Wallets

1686970717274»

• NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I think it depends on your use case. Do you want to walk away from your desk and still listen to music or be on a call? Do you plan on using them with your phone to listen to music on the go? Those seem to be the most common reasons for wireless. Wireless in general is going to impact the sound quality you get, so unless you need that freedom, it's probably best to go corded.

I'm far from an expert but from what I gather there isn't really any other "gaming" headsets that will blow your Arctis Pro 5 out of the water. Maybe the Audeze Mobius or the beyerdynamic MMX 300, both out of your price range.

I'm not really sure if there is anything that would be much of an upgrade in your price range. You're probably best off staying with the AP5 and saving up. For example the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x are around $200 CDN but for gaming, from what I'm reading they are pretty close the the Arctis (they have more bass).

I want to be able to walk away from the desk and also to not deal with wires if I am out and about at a coffee shop or whatever working.
    I will probably still use earbuds on the go but depending weight & battery life that would be an option.

I like my current headset but I hate the wire part :/

maybe look into a higher end arctis that's wireless, like the arctis 7 should still be in your budget and you could try selling off the arctis 5 to help defer costs.

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah can't help with gaming headsets as I've not heard any. Adding a ModMic isn't going to help if you want to be able to move about with them on. The HyperX Cloud Flight seems like the best option to try. It's in your price range and the reviews are all pretty positive. The SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless seems to have slightly better sound quality, but most posts I see mention it's not worth the massive price increase.

For some of the best wireless headsets, you'd need to move into the $350 range. The Sennheiser Momentum Wireless and Sony WH1000XM3 both get a ton of great reviews.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i got the toneking t88k

which i did not need

they have 8 balanced armatures

unnecessary

sounds pretty fuckin good though

poo
    CormacTrajan45chrishallett83