Audiophilia: Headphones, Amps, DAPs, and Empty Wallets

1737475767779»

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    As much as I'd like mine to show up, I can't really blame them given the current situation. Look in the PC thread for how stock of motherboards and other items are low. Looking at head-fi.org, folks are getting them, so it's probably just a parts thing. Sounds like the EQ app may launch next month as well which if it's when I get my headphones, that's fine by me.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    As long as they're good and don't have issues, I'm not really worried about the delays.

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    Trajan45KoopahTroopah
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 28
    Yeah I checked the comments yesterday as well. Seems from the first 1000 they haven’t shipped many of the international buyers out. Feels like my July order will prob slip to Sept.

Def bummed out

EDIT: Received an update

The rest of the June orders will ship in the fourth week of August, with some units shipping sooner. You’ll know which group you are in by when you receive your backerkit survey.

July orders will also start shipping the fourth week of August.

For August orders we are gathering more information to better understand where we stand at this point. We expect to have more information later this week.

Sounds like early sept is best guess if no other supply issues

Dixon on
    KoopahTroopah
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    edited August 1
    Okay, here's a weird thing.

Hulu: The app

I have to use the app on my PC because the web browser quality is garbage. BUT, some stuff comes through with crazy terrible glitching sound. Like, explosive awful death static and no actual sound from the show. Legion season 1 episode 1 worked fine, episode 2 is audio death.

BUT

If I remove my headphones from my amp and DAC stack, and plug into my speakers which are plugged in separately, the horrible death static goes away.

Any idea why it would do this for only certain shows and how I might be able to fix it? I'd much rather watch stuff on my nice amp after all.

edit: And of course, I figured it out as soon as I complained. Hulu app was sending a dolby digital signal to the DAC which can't do that, so I disabled that and it works great.

SniperGuy on
    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Does anyone have any advice for a headset/mic combo that would be used by kids for mainly video chatting for school and friends? They don't have to be amazing quality for music or anything, and huge cans aren't preferable. The main thing is that they would be in the same room and there's a chance that class times might overlap occasionally, so a mic that is good at not pulling noise from further away would be ideal.

Wireless might be preferable, but just working well and not costing a fortune is more important.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    We got our kid this one (for Switch use, but it also works for the PC) -- it's done fine so far (though they are on the bigger and more soundproof side, which is occasionally a pain when trying to get through to him while he has them on).

• HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    I'm trying to find a good bluetooth receiver to use with my wireless headphones and receiver- not sure if I'm using the right terminology but I want to be able to use my bluetooth headphones with my receiver and from what I understand I need another device that plugs into my receiver that lets my headphones connect to the receiver. Any recommendations?

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    HeraldS wrote: »
    I'm trying to find a good bluetooth receiver to use with my wireless headphones and receiver- not sure if I'm using the right terminology but I want to be able to use my bluetooth headphones with my receiver and from what I understand I need another device that plugs into my receiver that lets my headphones connect to the receiver. Any recommendations?

I'd look at this: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-tbO7FDWuj4B/learn/how-to-add-bluetooth-to-your-home-stereo-system.html

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    I got one of these which is cheap and worked surprisingly well, though I don't know how audiophile-grade it is, I just wanted to use bluetooth headphones with a headphone-jack-only mp3 player.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I got one of these which is cheap and worked surprisingly well, though I don't know how audiophile-grade it is, I just wanted to use bluetooth headphones with a headphone-jack-only mp3 player.
    The great/terrible thing about Bluetooth is that it always compresses the audio in a lossy fashion (although Qualcomm's aptX-HD and Sony's LDAC codecs come close to lossless). You aren't really going to get the highest quality audiophile sound while listening to Bluetooth (and that's okay! I think people know going into it that they are trading the comfort of wireless for the quality of the audio). If your Bluetooth transceiver and headset support aptX-HD or LDAC, though, it's pretty close to CD-quality.

Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212