As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Writing on a Mirror

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have a fairly awesome apartment set-up right now, and one of the perks is the computer room we have. A large banquet table which hosts six computers is set up on one end of a very large room which will host a wall-mounted TV soon. One of the walls of this room features a MASSIVE mirror above a small fireplace. We've experimented with using dry-erase markers on it, with some success. The surface works fine for them, and they wipe off, but, with it being a mirror, the writing is never super-visible.

What I would love to find would be a set of dry-erase markers that are fairly wide and extremely bright, or at least some kind of color/material that would show up easily on a mirror. I've never encountered this type of thing before, so I'm wondering if anyone has seen something like it.

Mai-Kero on

• Options
    bobmyknobbobmyknob 3DS Friend Code 4553-9974-2186 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Check out grease pencils.

bobmyknob on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Or try chalk markers.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lipstick?

Skoal Cat on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Take the mirror off the wall and replace it with a white-board?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

He's in an apartment... it almost certainly came as part of the place, and probably shouldn't be moved or removed without the manager's permission.

spool32 on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    spool32 wrote: »

He's in an apartment... it almost certainly came as part of the place, and probably shouldn't be moved or removed without the manager's permission.

Plus, you just feel smarter writing on a mirror. It's like your genius cannot be contained in the places where you're meant to write things, and it spills out into other surfaces as you continue to solve important problems.

Presumably problems that involve a shortage of Vespene Gas.

Bobble on
  • Options
    PerytonPeryton Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is there ever truly enough vespene gas though?

Peryton on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Writing on a mirror is a good step, but if movies have taught me anything, you're not a true super-genius until you're frantically writing your ideas onto your bedroom window.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png