As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The _third_ PSN down thread. Freebies are up. Problems? Check the OP.

cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Games and Technology
It's back up! Woo hoo! Go get your free crap!

Wait, having problems? Did your free game get eaten forever? Rescue it from the maw of oblivion with this!

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You should be good to go.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
cloudeagle on

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Was the 24th date from Sony, or just "some source"?

Edit - Cloud, I'll sell you this spot for Modnation Racers. PS3, I'll get it for free on PSP!!!

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Reserved for more info in case things explode again.

Edit: The May 24 thing, if I remember right, was what Sony was telling developers.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This thread has now been hacked!

We Are Legion

And anonymous....and hungry.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's almost like this has been an issue so long we've been able to talk about it for over 5000 posts!
    Almost

Rend on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am a little shocked that it didn't come up today.

.......Okay but seriously if I made a DD game for the PSN I would be so pissed right now.

urahonky on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Have we officially upgraded lolsony to wtfsony yet?

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wonder if SmokeStacks has received his game yet.

LewieP on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    We're up to 5 weeks now. Bleh.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hmm I'm pretty shocked at Sony not having the store back up yet. Maybe this scheduled maintenance is part of them getting ready for it at least.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Charged my PSP Go for nuthin'.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I can't believe we've made it to a third thread.

ColorlessGreen on
    Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I wonder which service is going to get hacked next! Bets, anyone?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    TerminaTermina Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I can't believe people are actually wanting the PSN store to come up.

In that much of a rush to give Sony your CC info again? :)

Or just be inconvenienced by having to run to the store and get a PSN card every time you want to give $ to a company that couldn't care less about protecting it's customers private info.

Termina on
  • Options
    kyleh613kyleh613 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I need the store to be up so I can claim my V.I.P. pass for Dirt 3 to play online. :x

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Sorry to hear you got it for the PS3 :(

Termina on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like how the only time in the history of PSN I actually want to spend money is ...you know... right now.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Termina wrote: »
    I can't believe people are actually wanting the PSN store to come up.

In that much of a rush to give Sony your CC info again? :)

Or just be inconvenienced by having to run to the store and get a PSN card every time you want to give $ to a company that couldn't care less about protecting it's customers private info.

I have $60 in PSN credit already. Can't get a refund so I'd like to be able to use it.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Plus, you know, our free games.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    News reports: Sony store functionality rumored to be back up on May 24.
    <News Reports twitches eyes nervously, wipes brow>

Truth
    Doubt <--
    Lie

Phelps: "You lying sack of shit, we all know the store won't be up today! I didn't come back from Okinama to swallow your bullshit stories!"

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I just think it's funny.

I so often hear/read gamers talking about "voting with your wallet" to reward good companies and punish bad companies.

Doesn't really seem to happen though.

All it takes is a few freebies and everyone is clamoring to fork over cash again.

Termina on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    I am a little shocked that it didn't come up today.

.......Okay but seriously if I made a DD game for the PSN I would be so pissed right now.

There's a Harold Camping joke in there somewhere. Somebody find it.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    kyleh613kyleh613 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sorry to hear you got it for the PS3 :(

I know right? I really wish I had an Xbox 360 too so I can have the best of both worlds. Although i'm not so sure anymore what the PS3 offers that is the best of anything at all.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I just think it's funny.

I so often hear/read gamers talking about "voting with your wallet" to reward good companies and punish bad companies.

All it takes is a few freebies and everyone is clamoring to fork over cash again.

Who's clamouring? You have one persom that wants to activate multi and one person with refund credit to use. Everyone else just wants the free games that 80% of have already owned and traded in.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Magic, there is a world outside these forums. Full of places, people and things...

You should go over and check out the PSN blog comments. :P

Termina on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I only want it back so I can activate my MK online pass. I've not been able to play any PAers because of the damn thing!

urahonky on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    I think that happened before week 2.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    I think that happened before week 2.
    Hell, that happened after Sony declared that PSN members credit card information could have been compromised... a week after it had been compromised. Really, the incompetence displayed by Sony throughout this ordeal has been equal parts sad and hilarious.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I only want it back so I can activate my MK online pass. I've not been able to play any PAers because of the damn thing!
    I thought the MK pass was waived until the store comes back?

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lunker wrote: »
    News reports: Sony store functionality rumored to be back up on May 24.
    <News Reports twitches eyes nervously, wipes brow>

Truth
    Doubt <--
    Lie

Phelps: "You lying sack of shit, we all know the store won't be up today! I didn't come back from Okinama to swallow your bullshit stories!"

News Reports: "Hey, hey-..." <News Reports looks down and leftward slightly, exhaling in exhaustion, eyes widening.> "Look, truth is, don't nobody know when the store's gonna come back up. Not you, not me..." <News Reports looks up.> "I just don't know...!"

Rend on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    EvilMonkey wrote: »

I tried to play Ceno the other day and it wouldn't let me. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Why in the hell would I ever do something like that?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Is he from another region? For some reason PS3 doesn't have cross-region play for online. The kombat pass isn't required for regular online play for PS3 until the store comes back up.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Why in the hell would I ever do something like that?

They're sometimes good for a laugh.

Sony: We're happy to announce that we're going to run over your dogs. All of them.
    PS Blog Comment: Sony is such a good company for telling us in advance.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I do hope they get the store up before the end of the month since I have a bandwidth cap now and I'd rather download my free games this month. After all, we could have a good Steam sale next month which would cost me so many gigabytes.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just think it's funny.

Breaking news: People that like stuff, will spend money on said stuff.

I'm looking forward to the store going back up so I can get Outland and Beyond Good and Evil HD. Why? Because they're good games. Shocking, right?
    Blue map wrote: »
    Hell, that happened after Sony declared that PSN members credit card information could have been compromised... a week after it had been compromised. Really, the incompetence displayed by Sony throughout this ordeal has been equal parts sad and hilarious.

Are you saying the credit card information was compromised? Because we still don't actually know if it was.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Today Sony announced that in an effort to better protect their stored customer information, as well as police unauthorized network traffic and comply with Japan's requirements for increased network security, SCEJ and SOE have made a landmark deal by partnering with the Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad.

Last week, after numerous data leaks and continued unauthorized intrusions, SCE President Kazuo Hirai had had enough and promptly sent out a company wide memo demanding that "the kid who played Shawn's older brother in Boy Meets World" be brought to him to help rectify the situation.

After two days of negotiation, Sony reached an agreement with Matthew Lawrence who agreed to reassemble Team Samurai and once more become the digital hero known as Servo. Despite being retired for nearly fifteen years, our sources say that he should be within the system by next week so that he can begin policing the Sony networks to protect them from viruses, malware, and hackers by digitally punching them in the face. Kazui Hirai has also gotten special permission to be a reserve member of the team and is currently in training to receive his license to pilot the Drago program so that he may personally "blow those damn hackers back to hell."

Additionally, Sony has announced that they are working in conjunction with various international law enforcement agencies in order to track down suspected cyber terrorist Malcolm Frink. Frink is thought to be the creator of such Mega-Viruses as "Kathod" which infiltrated the phone networks in 1994 to prevent Matthew Lawrence from calling his girlfriend, and "Blink" which was planted within a police network to create false arrest reports that same year.
    Frink is also thought to be in possession of a super-intelligent military grade AI known as Kilokahn. While Sony believes Frink to be a member of Anonymous, they could not announce to the public whether or not they believe he was responsible for the attack on their network, or if the partnering with the Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad was in response to such a possibility.

When approached for comment, all Matthew Lawrence had to say to reporters was, "Let's Samuraize, guys!" Other members of the team have not yet been able to be reached, and there is no word regarding whether Amp Ere or Lucky London will be returning as the Vitor program's pilot.

In response to Sony's move, Microsoft is rumored to be in contact with several former DigiDestined children to see if they can get Patamon and Gatomon to protect their own network.

More details as they unveil.

Lars on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hate you so much.
    So much that I want to punch you.
    Right in the face.
    With love. <3

Fawst on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    CorriganX wrote: »

Is he from another region? For some reason PS3 doesn't have cross-region play for online. The kombat pass isn't required for regular online play for PS3 until the store comes back up.

Well the very first day I got MK I was able to play him just fine. Then when the PSN came back up, I couldn't play him. :(

urahonky on
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just think it's funny.

Breaking news: People that like stuff, will spend money on said stuff.

I'm looking forward to the store going back up so I can get Outland and Beyond Good and Evil HD. Why? Because they're good games. Shocking, right?
    Blue map wrote: »

Are you saying the credit card information was compromised? Because we still don't actually know if it was.
    Given that Sony offered free credit monitoring services in the wake of the attack, so I'm going to say that it's a safe bet to assume it was. Mind you, the information may never have actually been used, but given the nature of credit card theft, it's likely we'll never know.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    They never did say that credit card information WAS stolen, but the fact that they never went out of their way to say that it WASN'T stolen isn't exactly reassuring.

cloudeagle on