As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart ride a [Chat]

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It has become more of a thing around here that businesses that aren't visible from the main road will hire someone to carry a poster-sized sign or equivalent advertisement to the sidewalk to stand around and try to grab the attention of passing motorists.

A new local bbq place has a dude with a sign that mostly reads "SMOKING HOT BUTTS"

I don't plan on trying the place anytime soon.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That's a pretty dumb reason not to try a place.

Ludious on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    kaleedity wrote: »
    It has become more of a thing around here that businesses that aren't visible from the main road will hire someone to carry a poster-sized sign or equivalent advertisement to the sidewalk to stand around and try to grab the attention of passing motorists.

A new local bbq place has a dude with a sign that mostly reads "SMOKING HOT BUTTS"

I don't plan on trying the place anytime soon.

I've seen that a lot. Apparently it is cheaper to hire some dude to stand around with the sign all day than it is to get a billboard or other advertisement.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

to be fair the part of town that it's in is not helping its case

kaleedity on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    hey

hey is for horses

squash

squash is for people who are conscious of their health and want to eat a tasty vegetable.

invocation

now you're just being difficult.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    tired as well

i think i might try to stay cozy in this [chat] today

seems friendly
    Don't let the looks fool you. You let your guard down for one second, and this [chat] will be all about sticking things up other things' butts. Deep down, [chat]s are all the same. They're all about da butt.

He's right. Just be on guard at all times.

urahonky on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like seeing people holding goofy signs and wearing goofy costumes. I feel sorry for them in extreme weather, but it's usually some kid, so they must really want the cash.

Ludious on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    tired as well

seems friendly
    Don't let the looks fool you. You let your guard down for one second, and this [chat] will be all about sticking things up other things' butts. Deep down, [chat]s are all the same. They're all about da butt.

This is [chat].
    Butts against the wall.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    tired as well

seems friendly

protect my butt friend

protect me

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I like seeing people holding goofy signs and wearing goofy costumes. I feel sorry for them in extreme weather, but it's usually some kid, so they must really want the cash.

My old apartment complex had someone doing this every day at 11am and 5pm. He would listen to music in the costume and just dance. Apparently he got a discount on his rent.

But seriously normally places that do that are really bad. :P I've honestly never gone to a place that had a dancing kid in a costume that wasn't really bad. But YMMV, of course.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    tired as well

seems friendly

protect my butt friend

protect me

Look I can't protect two butts at a time. I've got a handful myself!

urahonky on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    we have gumby dancing outside our apartment

i kinda feel bad for the person

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    HerrCron wrote: »
    tired as well

seems friendly

This is [chat].
    Butts against the wall.

Butts errywhere.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    We're being way too welcoming to the new guy. We should stab him.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Black people?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hey

hey is for horses

squash

squash is for people who are conscious of their health and want to eat a tasty vegetable.

No, squash is for young children wishing to consume concentrated orange flavoured juice.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hey

hey is for horses

squash

No, squash is for young children wishing to consume concentrated orange flavoured juice.*

*other flavours are also available.

EDIT: though I now refer to this as diluting juice due to living in Scotland for too long. Still confuses me a little when I see on the sign at the supermarket "squash".

BobCesca on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hey

hey is for horses

squash

invocation

now you're just being difficult.

bullets

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    New meat?

Where?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    feelin' lazy

getting breakfast delivered

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    If it's a black part of town and it's barbecue or soul food, I promise you, the food will kill you for fat and calories but "not tasting good" will be absent from your list of complaints.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Son of a bitch. Of course it's going to be cloudless and warm on Sunday in Pittsburgh. I was hoping that it would fucking rain, but NOOOOOOOO I can't catch a break when it comes to these bullshit picnics.

urahonky on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ugh I seem to be losing my voice and be cursed with new and surprising problems that require more talking

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    We're being way too welcoming to the new guy. We should stab him.
    Stab him in da butt.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    now obama and the democrats are supporting the extension of the patriot act while fckin rand paul is one of the few people opposing the extension, i mean, fuck, whats wrong when i agree with fuckin rand paul

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Only a month and change left until our five year anniversary, and I'm pretty broke. Aahhhh!

Anal sweetie. Anal.

So what you're saying is I should buy a strapon.

Yes!

And I heard people were coming and I took my sweet ass time getting here.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    now obama and the democrats are supporting the extension of the patriot act while fckin rand paul is one of the few people opposing the extension, i mean, fuck, whats wrong when i agree with fuckin rand paul
    Well Paul is only opposing it because "durr durr all govment bad".

What's the Dems' rationale for extending it?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well Paul is only opposing it because "durr durr all govment bad".

What's the Dems' rationale for extending it?

At this point I assume it's because it's been law for a while. Comedy option: To make the Republicans oppose it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »

Black people?

it's kind of a mix in the area. The bbq place seems more like the white hub really. It's weird. I'll try it if I need anything in that area just to say I have. I'm just repulsed by food wordplay that sounds like a used cigarette advertisement.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It has to be a romantic strap on if it's a special occasion.

desc on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    At this point I assume it's because it's been law for a while. Comedy option: To make the Republicans oppose it.
    The comedy option actually makes sense as a strategy. Since the Pubs have dedicated themselves to mindlessly knee-jerkingly opposing anything and everything the Dems propose, the Dems should work on a permanent opposites-day platform then concede it all to the Pubs.

"Well we opposed creating universal healthcare funded by eliminating the Bush tax cuts, but the Republicans twisted our arms on that one."

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Podly wrote: »
    feelin' lazy

that is mad lazy

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    desc wrote: »
    It has to be a romantic strap on if it's a special occasion.

You're like an hour late and we've already moved past this.

Try and keep up desc! :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Podly wrote: »
    feelin' lazy

Breakfast can't be delivered. Unless it's late enough to secretly be lunch?

Dammit, we need details.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    urahonky on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Way to post in the wrong chat thread, Will

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    But .. Thom just posted strapon advice ... I just want to make sure that the crass materialism of plastic dongs doesn't overshadow the importance of being romantic.

desc on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I gotta say, neckties look good on women.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The comedy option actually makes sense as a strategy. Since the Pubs have dedicated themselves to mindlessly knee-jerkingly opposing anything and everything the Dems propose, the Dems should work on a permanent opposites-day platform then concede it all to the Pubs.

"Well we opposed creating universal healthcare funded by eliminating the Bush tax cuts, but the Republicans twisted our arms on that one."

I'd love it to be the case too. But I'm guessing the Republicans are mostly going to turtle up and avoid taking any stances for a little bit. Which in my mind makes it a great time to really push them.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.