As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: This thread is dead! Go use the new one! :D

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The real question is why couldn't they submit it as 1957, thus giving people a non-Johnny Cash song to fulfill the Decade Decadence achievement quota? ;-)

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2013
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The real question is why couldn't they submit it as 1957, thus giving people a non-Johnny Cash song to fulfill the Decade Decadence achievement quota? ;-)

RBN Limitation, the earliest you can set a song to in Magma is 1960

Also no current plans to single-ize the Ozzy tracks

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Interesting that there's such a limitation. I mean, it makes sense - you probably aren't going to see much before 1960 getting submitted to the RBN, and 1960 is generous as-is. But interesting.

• Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Hey gang,

On January 15th, three tracks from singer-songwriter Rick Springfield are headed to the Rock Band Music Store as part of “Rick Springfield Pack 01”!

The pack will include “Jessie’s Girl,” Springfield’s catchy single that went on to become one of the most memory tracks from ‘80s. This Grammy Award-winning song was originally available as part of the soundtrack for Rock Band Blitz, and will now be available as a single track download from the Music Store, or as part of “Rick Springfield Pack 01”.

This pack will also include Rick Springfield’s cover of Sammy Hagar’s “I’ve Done Everything for You,” as well as “Don’t Talk to Strangers,” the Grammy-nominated single off of Springfield’s 1982 record, Success Hasn’t Spoiled Me Yet.

Additionally, Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades will be available for both “Jessie’s Girl” and “I’ve Done Everything For You”!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (January 15th, 2013):

• Rick Springfield – “Jessie’s Girl” O X

• Rick Springfield – “I’ve Done Everything For You” X

• Rick Springfield – “Don’t Talk to Strangers” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 16th)

Price:

$5.49, £3.19 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Rick Springfield Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

Rick Springfield had other songs?

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    LOL, it continues. So that means next week is only Blitz songs right?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Next week is new songs. Blitz songs are alternate weeks.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    No, next week is Blitz-only.

We got the new songs this week.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I am also shocked that Rick Springfield recorded more than just one song.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    okay now i'm confused I NEED MY PARENTS

• Options
    Rock Band Blitz suparstream

Because avoiding EMI on Youtube

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Rock Band Blitz suparstream

Because avoiding EMI on Youtube

yea, fuck the man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjbie1O1jxc

• Options
    And done for now. Some songs are just never meant to be gold starred

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    In the wake of the persistent belief that RB DLC will stop forever (and the extrapolation that RBN on PS3 will follow) we get this exchange.
    Possibly double it to 10 releases a week so we eventually get all the RBN 2.0 content that the XBOX has.
    Bluntly, I don't see any future in which all of the RBN 2.0 content is released on PS3.

It takes time and effort on both Harmonix's part and Sony's to bring an RBN song from Xbox 360 to PS3. This means that there's effectively a cost to bringing out a PS3 RBN song. If the song then doesn't sell above the threshold required to recoup that cost, then Harmonix and Sony have effectively lost money by bringing out that song. This is, unsurprisingly, something we wish to avoid.

By contrast, now that the RBN system exists (thanks to Microsoft's massive investment and incredible development at both Harmonix and Microsoft), we don't experience the same kind of production/development cost for songs to come out on Xbox 360. While I hate to be depressing, this means that Xbox will always have more RBN content than the PS3 will.

People have argued for a while now that all HMX has to do (There are those words again!) is release more content to a shrinking audience and it will revitalise the game and genre. Self-delusion costs nothing, I guess.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Oh, and apropos of nothing, I'm thinking of dropping money on Blondie's Atomic. I've been listening to the Vice City radio stations at work...

Anybody else have it?

• Options
    Did "Atomic" come back? I thought it got pulled.

• Options
    In the wake of the persistent belief that RB DLC will stop forever (and the extrapolation that RBN on PS3 will follow) we get this exchange.
    Possibly double it to 10 releases a week so we eventually get all the RBN 2.0 content that the XBOX has.
    Bluntly, I don't see any future in which all of the RBN 2.0 content is released on PS3.

It takes time and effort on both Harmonix's part and Sony's to bring an RBN song from Xbox 360 to PS3. This means that there's effectively a cost to bringing out a PS3 RBN song. If the song then doesn't sell above the threshold required to recoup that cost, then Harmonix and Sony have effectively lost money by bringing out that song. This is, unsurprisingly, something we wish to avoid.

By contrast, now that the RBN system exists (thanks to Microsoft's massive investment and incredible development at both Harmonix and Microsoft), we don't experience the same kind of production/development cost for songs to come out on Xbox 360. While I hate to be depressing, this means that Xbox will always have more RBN content than the PS3 will.

People have argued for a while now that all HMX has to do (There are those words again!) is release more content to a shrinking audience and it will revitalise the game and genre. Self-delusion costs nothing, I guess.

You know what does cost money? RBN songs that only a dozen people end up purchasing.

• Options

Never pulled, never released. But the link to buy still exists.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

Schrodinger's DLC

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    the rap part is just too baffling to follow release schedules

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Maybe someday I'll get another guitar. *sigh*

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

Schrodinger's DLC

Heh.

The truth is, though, that it can only be pulled by the submitter right now. And EMI has apparently given up in the RBN idea so totally that they never bothered. I think Bullet With Butterfly Wings is also available in the same way. Though I don't care enough about Smashing Pumpkins to confirm.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh, Duke, you're such a troll

j1FtDl.jpg

(Tuesday's Gone)

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    I have grown to despise The Duke and all he stands for.

Seriously, what is up with that? Your green arrow is clearly higher than his red one, and yet it's not enough to tick you over into gold stars.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Well, I guess the Duke of Gravity...

Just brought you back down to earth.

• Options
    You get a.. Gold Star for that one.

Anyway, streaming again. Onwards to 700 golds and beyonnnnd

• Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    I wonder if there's any chance we'll get Heart's version of Stairway to Heaven that they performed at the Kennedy Center Honors. That'd be pretty sweet.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yay! New song from Dance for the Dying on RBN!

...for 360 :(

• Options
    It'll probably show up on PS3. Maybe.
    I'm just trying to make you feel better.

Hit 700 golds. Good enough for #108 on the 360 leaderboards, pretty sure completing the Lego Rock Band goal will break me into the top 100.

KGodH.png

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Yay! New song from Dance for the Dying on RBN!

...for 360 :(

Buy a real console duh

:P

• Options
    Hey gang,

Four tracks, originally available only as part of Rock Band Blitz, are making their way to the Rock Band Music Store as singles on January 22nd!

Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” comes off the powerful singer’s fifth album, 2011’s Stronger, and is her longest-running number one single on the Billboard charts to date! “Cult of Personality,” from Living Colour’s 1988 debut album Vivid won the band a Grammy for “Best Hard Rock Performance,” and features one of the most recognizable and powerful riffs in rock music. Quiet Riot’s metal anthem, “Bang Your Head (Metal Health),” from the band’s 1983 album Metal Health, will also be available. Finally, Soundgarden’s single “Spoonman,” from the band’s fourth studio album Superunknown, rounds out this selection of hits!

Additionally, Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades for “Cult of Personality” and “Spoonman” will be available for the first time for these tracks!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (January 22nd, 2013):

• Kelly Clarkson – “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” O

• Living Colour – “Cult of Personality” X

• Quiet Riot – “Bang Your Head (Metal Health)”

• Soundgarden – “Spoonman” X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system January 23rd)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For more info on the planned roll out of Blitz tracks as singles and what that means for the upcoming DLC schedule, you can check this announcement and the associated discussion thread.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    • Soundgarden – “Spoonman” X

Ohh...I wish I could post a popcorn macro but this is gonna go so well. At least it has a Pro Upgrade.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    IIRC, putting it in Blitz was the only way they could bring it back (due to contract/licensing)

But yeah, no one on their forums cares about legality or facts.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Every whiner you encounter, just say youdidn'tpaytoexportit youdidn'tpaytoexportit youdidn'tpaytoexportit youdidn'tpaytoexportit youdidn'tpaytoexportit youdidn'tpaytoexportit youdidn'tpaytoexportit over and over again.

• Options
    Doesn't matter. For some, simply paying for it previously is enough. There was one cat who didn't want to pay the $10 for the RB2 import because they 'already bought the game' etcetcetc.

They figured that they were better off swapping discs to access 75 songs.

You can't save everybody.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Doesn't matter. For some, simply paying for it previously is enough. There was one cat who didn't want to pay the $10 for the RB2 import because they 'already bought the game' etcetcetc.

They figured that they were better off swapping discs to access 75 songs.

You can't save everybody.

No but if you do it right* you can save society from them

*may require backup plan to flee to a country with no extradition treaty with the US

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Stream is back on. I'm trying to distract myself.

-over-

Two live #1s so far in my BSSM run sightread (literally bought the album yesterday)

edit- at global #100 exactly. Done for now.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Stream back up. This Lego Rock Band goal is going to kill me

-over-

Got past the halfway point.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Can anyone recommend where I could still find a cheap PS3 guitar other than Craigslist (mine currently doesn't have much available)? I missed having RB3 when I got rid of the 360 and really just want to play the guitar part of things again.

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Can anyone recommend where I could still find a cheap PS3 guitar other than Craigslist (mine currently doesn't have much available)? I missed having RB3 when I got rid of the 360 and really just want to play the guitar part of things again.

I thought the mad catz store would still have them, but I guess not. Looks like they're discontinued :(.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It looks like they do still have the Pro Guitar for $60ish. You can play normal with those too can't you? I wouldn't mind just grabbing one of those I suppose.