As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bitching Thread VI] A Brand New Day (for bitching)

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    She's recently single and the friend who she is a friend of said "you should definitely ask her out but give it some time because even though it was definitely coming it's still obviously kind of a big deal."

So I am going to do that

we got on really well though and she said that I should come out with them next week which was nice

I will not lie part of the reason that I posted about it was because I am kind of excited about it!

Go get 'em, Solar!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    It wouldn't be that hard to fix the X-Men movie universe. Just bring in Bishop, and his goal is to undo the events of X-3. It would work on so many levels...

Then in the next movie, have the X-Men go to the Savage Land. X-Men vs. dinosaurs is a sure fire win.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be that hard to fix the X-Men movie universe. Just bring in Bishop, and his goal is to undo the events of X-3. It would work on so many levels...

Time travel is never, ever the answer. I'll give the Star Trek reboot half a point for almost pulling it off, but that's it.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Terminator and Terminator 2 had time travel in them (technically) and it worked just fine

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Terminator and Terminator 2 had time travel in them (technically) and it worked just fine

http://youtu.be/pWdd6_ZxX8c

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i can't even think about the Terminator time travel mechanics without my brain shutting off anymore.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    the terminator tv show, which aired on fox, retconned out terminator 3 using time travel

so

psht

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    the terminator tv show, which aired on fox, retconned out terminator 3 using time travel

so

psht

Yet another good thing that show did!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

so

psht

Oh, cool.

Maybe I should watch that show.

My mom seemed to really like it.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

so

psht

Oh, cool.

Maybe I should watch that show.

My mom seemed to really like it.

Yeah, Sarah Conner Chronicles was awesome. I'm still sad they canceled that.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Superboy #8 = Looks like poop in the previews so I'm dropping the book.

If you can't seal the deal in 8 issues you ain't for me S.B. .

• Options
    VermisVermis Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    From the Avengers thread:
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I do agree that it seems like Aja is telling Brett Booth "dude, fuck off" with that #2 cover (it took more than 3 hours I bet!).

I bloody well hope he is. I know Brett Booth knows his dinosaurs - I liked him for it, but not for this - and I can imagine the whinging he hints at when he sees man-in-suit dinos with bunny hands (much the same whinging as I'd do). So he ignores any kind of empathy or understanding, turns it around, and throws a paddy in 'public' like a child. Way to be pro, guy.
    And the correct way to hold a bow is a lot easier to research than correct, up-to-date dino anatomy. If you don't have the time in your oh-so frantic, overburdened and important schedule to type 'archery stance' into google and look for two minutes, you don't have the time to draw the thing in the first place. Otherwise you're getting into Liefeld-like levels of laziness and ineptitude.

Ancient history, I know. But I've only just seen it meself.

Vermis on
    rulksig.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i could be wrong but that original email didn't warrant a "fuck off" response. Even the follow-up was a really dickish thing.

the email was basically "i really love archery + I really love Green Arrow and am psyched for what you're doing with him and his costume. There's some things you should fix with the archery aspect though such as A, B, C."

The response seems written for a much harsher troll email.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't really understand why Bleeding Cool is hailing Brett Booth as a hero.

• Options
    Because Bleeding Cool is shit, that's why

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Oh my God, I just saw Linkara review the first issue of Superman: Grounded on his site. I knew it was supposed to be bad but Holy fuck I had no idea. The mere fact that an in-continuity Superman story now exists where he basically let a child get murdered by drug dealers is fucking reprehensible.

Fuck you JMS.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Even worse was that Grounded was the last Superman story from the old DCU. And it stinks that DC didn't do what they originally thought about, which was have a big compilation book with all the former Superman writers giving the old guy the proper sendoff.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Really, the way the old DCU went out, is pretty shameful.

• Options
    And for the love of fuck that whole scene where he talks to the jumper just infuriated me to no end. Grounded is like the antimatter universe version of All-Star Superman.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Chris Roberson really turned it all around at the end, though. I mean, the final panel was Superman winking at you. That's pretty much perfect.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Oh my God, I just saw Linkara review the first issue of Superman: Grounded on his site. I knew it was supposed to be bad but Holy fuck I had no idea. The mere fact that an in-continuity Superman story now exists where he basically let a child get murdered by drug dealers is fucking reprehensible.

Fuck you JMS.

I can't believe how badly he screwed up Superman and Wonder Woman. His Thor was brilliant. That JMS would been amazing on those titles. :evil:

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I think #714 was a good issue, as it tried its best to put an end to the whole thing and bring some positivity out of it with some good Igle art, but it's ending couldn't make up for the road traveled to that point. It was like a reverse Mass Effect 3.

• Options
    The ending did have that bit where Superman made a bunch of new superheroes with the power of goodness

that was great

shame that none of it mattered at all, really

• Options
    And for the love of fuck that whole scene where he talks to the jumper just infuriated me to no end. Grounded is like the antimatter universe version of All-Star Superman.
    HEY

HEY

OFFENDED BY THE IMPLICATION

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    HEY

HEY

Besides--as we know from Star Trek--the correct terminology is "mirror universe."

*pushes glasses up*

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    HEY

HEY

Besides--as we know from Star Trek--the correct terminology is "mirror universe."

*pushes glasses up*

well I mean

it's the right terminology for DC comics because of qward and whatnot
    in transformers it'd be referred to as the negative polarity universe version

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I am really really glad that Grounded happened when I wasn't keeping up with things. I will be happy to go back and finish the New Krypton stuff, but as far as I'm concerned the New 52 happens the issue after.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    His Thor was brilliant. That JMS would been amazing on those titles. :evil:
    If you say so.

I don't think there a single original plot or JMS trope he left off the table before his pissy little shitfit. Gillen coming in on Latverian Prometheus made that book great. JMS just did the same thing he's always done, plus the requisite post-Civil War Tony bitch-slapping in post-Katrina NOLA of all places. Hey, asshole. Lend a hand, then you can get on your fucking high horse.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Yeah just read War of the Supermen and go right into the new 52. Although I heard the first Superman new 52 arc was kinda bad.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I'm a bit hesitant to start reading the current Superman, but I hear it picks up once the teams shift, so I'll give it a go. At least Action Comics has been brilliant.

But yeah, I'm thinking just grabbing War of the Supermen is what I'll do. I left off just a few months before it started I think. I was somewhere around the end of World of New Krypton at least. I read the freebie issue #0 and everything seemed to make sense, so I'll assume I know just about everything that I need to.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Wait, is the wiki entry right that JMS included a 40 cakes reference in Grounded?

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    No. Roberson did because he has a sense of humor.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    40cakes.jpg

Superman #709, by Chris Roberson

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    amazing

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Motherfuck why does Marvel have so much trouble with ink transference I'm tired of good issues getting all smudgy on the covers while I read them

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Arivia wrote: »
    Motherfuck why does Marvel have so much trouble with ink transference I'm tired of good issues getting all smudgy on the covers while I read them

Switch to digital you caveman.

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

I see you keep having this problem and I've not had it at all. I dunno if some batches are just worse than others, but I'm in crazy humid Florida and it's not doing a damn thing to the ink on my comics.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Canada. Maybe it's the air on the plane or something because it's a balmy 15 outside.

But. I take it back. Can't win. Got a fingerprint on Batman #8 just now. Ffffffff.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Arivia

do you eat greasy cheeseburgers and poutine before reading comics

because that is what I am thinking it is

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Arivia, let me ask you this: are your hands made of acid?

This discussion has been closed.