As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] We cant find anything unless its ad takes up 3/4ths of the Store page

• Options
    PheacePheace Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack -75%

Pheace on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Are they any good?

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    Are they any good?

They're cheap enough to easily find out!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They are definetly worth 1.25. Very funny games.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Rikidou HyuugaRikidou Hyuuga Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Today, on Steam, I bought another copy of Psychonauts.

Yeah, it's been around for awhile, and it was good for its time - maybe it didn't age too well? - but the reason I bought it again today, and not (say) yesterday or the day before, is because Double Take has regained control of the rights to Psychonauts.

This is one of the rare times where you can help a development company directly. Double Take did some really amazing work with Psychonauts six, seven years ago or whatever it is. Now they actually can make money on their own creativity.

If you care about video games as an art form, and you'd like to see your money go to the actual developers and not armies of lawyers and marketing guys, please.

Buy another copy of Psychonauts.

Thanks.

Rikidou Hyuuga on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Are they any good?

Yes, they are. Very funny little games.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    No mid-week madness yet... Hmm...

Decoy on
  • Options
    IslandIsland Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bought the daily. ($1.25! I drink coffee more expensive...)

Which is the first? Ben There I think?

Island on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you reeeealy don't wannt maybe spend the 1.25, Ben There Dan That is actually freeware, so you could always check it out first. But they're good.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    kalkal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Are they any good?

They're cheap enough to easily find out!

NAZI DINOSAURS!

If that doesn't sell* it I don't know what will.

*DISCLAIMER

Dino D Day doesn't exist.

kal on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Meh, Steam support says that can't convert my Australian version of L4D2 into the normal version, all they can do is delete it entirely.

Probably going to tell them to do it.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Meh, Steam support says that can't convert my Australian version of L4D2 into the normal version, all they can do is delete it entirely.

Probably going to tell them to do it, and then ask around the thread for someone to send me the uncensored version for a gift-swap/paypal.

FTFY.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, finally decided to sit down and play Dawn of War II

After about two hours of fucking around with it, I still have not been able to play because of GFWL

What. The. Fuck.

Trying to log into GWFL via the game, I get a totally undocumented error code (0x80151906), pop out and fire up the GWFL client, and I can log in perfectly fine.

I honestly wouldn't give a shit, if I could just play the single player campaign without logging into a Live account. If I want to play multi, I can just fire up Retribution and not deal with any of this horse shit, but all I want to do is play the campaign. :(

Maddoc on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maddoc wrote: »
    So, finally decided to sit down and play Dawn of War II

After about two hours of fucking around with it, I still have not been able to play because of GFWL

What. The. Fuck.

Trying to log into GWFL via the game, I get a totally undocumented error code (0x80151906), pop out and fire up the GWFL client, and I can log in perfectly fine.

I honestly wouldn't give a shit, if I could just play the single player campaign without logging into a Live account. If I want to play multi, I can just fire up Retribution and not deal with any of this horse shit, but all I want to do is play the campaign. :(

Check to see if your GFWL client is up to date? I don't know. This is why people hate GFWL.

I'm lucky to never have had an issue with it.

SteevL on
  • Options
    PheacePheace Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    James Bond: Bloodstone is Midweek Madness, -66%

Pheace on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Pheace wrote: »
    James Bond: Bloodstone is Midweek Madness, -66%

And Quantum of Solace...

Decoy on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've heard mildly good things about Bloodstone.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Quantum of Solace is fantastic. I'd buy it if I hadn't already tried it on the 360 and we weren't so close to the summer sale. There' better be a bloody summer sale Steam.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    LeevityLeevity Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Today, on Steam, I bought another copy of Psychonauts.

Yeah, it's been around for awhile, and it was good for its time - maybe it didn't age too well? - but the reason I bought it again today, and not (say) yesterday or the day before, is because Double Take has regained control of the rights to Psychonauts.

This is one of the rare times where you can help a development company directly. Double Take did some really amazing work with Psychonauts six, seven years ago or whatever it is. Now they actually can make money on their own creativity.

If you care about video games as an art form, and you'd like to see your money go to the actual developers and not armies of lawyers and marketing guys, please.

Buy another copy of Psychonauts.

Thanks.
    Wow, had no idea Psychonauts was even on Steam. I'll have to pick it up sometime after I find a good gamepad.

Leevity on
    XBL/PSN/Steam: Leevity
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Psychonauts is also on GoG, I believe.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    On the up side, if there isn't, we just have more time to tuck away money for the Thanksgiving and Winter sales.

Don't get me wrong; I'm assuming there shall be a summer sale, but my wallet wouldn't exactly hurt from being given a few more months off Steam duty (aside from other little sales that is).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I picked up Bloodstone awhile back and while it was fun, it was certainly short. It hits the tone of the Daniel Craig Bond movies pretty damn well though. The game basically plays out like you're watching a long Bond movie. And while it is extremely linear, it's no more so than today's basic shooters. To break the monotony of firefights, the game has car chase sequences thrown in. It's nothing ground breaking, but it's still a good time.

At $13.60 it's a bit out of most people's impulse buy range, but I would still say wishlist it if you are intrigued, and go ahead a purchase if you're a big Bond fan with cash to spare.

Decoy on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A random number generator selected post #1311.
    Morkath wrote: »
    Also I would be far more willing to trust the newell with my credit information than some random korean company.

Morkath, check your PMs.
    If you already own Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That!, don't click that link. I'll pick another random post.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Of cool time gentlemen please is a game I wanted to pick up last big sale... and that is extremely cheap.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Any of you guys plan on picking up Pride of Nations?

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    All of my Steam friends, combined, have played 32874 hours of Team Fortress 2.

That is a lot of hours.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    local flavor policelocal flavor police Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's a lot of awesome.

local flavor police on
    Steam: LocalFlavorPolice
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone playing Monday Night Combat? It's not as good as TF2 but I do like the DoTA-style structure of the game.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ZedarZedar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I bought Pride of Nations on an impulse the other day, and I'm sort of regretting it. The game is just so, so slooow. So slow that in between turns if I click on something windows says that the program has stopped responding and asks if I want to shut it down. I hear the game itself is good, but I need to find a time when I'm feeling very patient before I'm willing to find out.

Zedar on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So Bioshock 2. Fuck that game. No pad support at all. I wanna know the freaking genius who came up with that and hit him over the head with a wrench.

"The decision was made early on not to support controllers at all in order to ensure that we got the mouse and keyboard control absolutely right,"

So you can't actually get both right?! I realy don't understand how anyone can think like that. That by completely removing one option, you'll somehow make the other much better. Idiotic.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    So Bioshock 2. Fuck that game. No pad support at all. I wanna know the freaking genius who came up with that and hit him over the head with a wrench.

"The decision was made early on not to support controllers at all in order to ensure that we got the mouse and keyboard control absolutely right,"

So you can't actually get both right?! I realy don't understand how anyone can think like that. That by completely removing one option, you'll somehow make the other much better. Idiotic.

Stupid indeed, but you can use Xpadder to get your game pad working.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah but thats just work :p

Big Classy on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah but thats just work :p

Work for a console game that, surprisingly!, had gamepad support on it. I can't think of any xboxes that have keyboard and mouse support.

That moron had to actively remove a feature in the game, in order to Muck around and clamp on some KB&M options.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Pretty much why it irks me so much.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I spent 45min getting bioshock 2 installed thanks to gfwl. Haven't actually played it since then.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Even dumber when you remember that Bioshock Uno had gamepad support just fine.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I saw one or two passingly positive comments about these bond games. I am terribly curious. Still, their metacritic scores arent very positive. Choices.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Ah, the Bioware approach.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I saw one or two passingly positive comments about these bond games. I am terribly curious. Still, their metacritic scores arent very positive. Choices.

I can tell you Quantum of Solace is really, very good. No pad support though. (I'm not saying that to keep in line with previous posts lol) I doubt that would be a huge problem in this game though since its fairly simple enough. Let me know how it is.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I can tell you Quantum of Solace is really, very good. No pad support though. (I'm not saying that to keep in line with previous posts lol) I doubt that would be a huge problem in this game though since its fairly simple enough. Let me know how it is.

As usual, Isy turns out to be a classy gent and apparently I'm going to be shooting watermelons? I don't even know. But, its now getting installed, and I'll surely find out.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png