Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Iphone sync to new computer without losing contacts/etc

DachshundDachshund Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I have the iphone 4. It was synced to my laptop that is no longer functioning. I replaced the laptop and would like to sync to the new one. Itunes wants to clear everything to sync it to a new computer. I don't mind losing music, but I would like to save contacts and apps.

Is there software I can download to backup my iphone, then sync it to itunes, clearing everything, then add my contacts and such back? Itunes just can't seem to do such a simple function (or I just can't seem to figure it out because I am a smartphone simpleton)

Dachshund on

• DelzhandDelzhand Noxalas! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Afraid I don't have a solution, but I feel your pain. iTunes is fucking garbage about syncing. The first time I plugged my new iphone into my PC, it wiped out like a 15 hour save in Chaos Rings. Irrecoverable.

Delzhand on
    Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - November Elspeth (Sargatanas)