As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Call of Duty: Post in the new thread ^^^

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    All you'd have to do is sit in the middle. It's too small to lock onto anything other than the edges of the map.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    All you'd have to do is sit in the middle. It's too small to lock onto anything other than the edges of the map.

You know you do the same thing.

also
    5735298888_d6d8ca4a2b_b.jpg

EDIT:

Scat you've seen Cat Shit One before right?

iRevert on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    dinoarus wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Also the bottom of a page isn't going to be the death of your video since I imagine most people just click the little page icon to the left of a thread to bring them to their next unread post.

I didn't even know such a thing existed.

It makes going through threads much easier.

Also, while I can't remember how to do it, I know some people adjust their settings to 50 posts per page.

user panel>edit options>halfway down the page.

makes it weird when people bitch about BOTP/TOTP halfway through a page.

People that bitch about TOTP/BOTP are a strange beast to begin with. What, do you personally skip every post at the bottom of the page and assume other people do as well?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Caffeine FreeCaffeine Free Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Been a while since I did a "death review", so I thought I should put one up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJqcgFIlH8o

Caffeine Free on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nice video. I think it's a poor reflection on the game's design that the player has to think to use their melee weapon at close range when they have a gun in their hands.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This is an all encompassing CoD thread, yes?

Like, I can post about how much my opinion of MW3 has changed to the point where I think its going to be genuinely awesome?

Single player looks to be epic action-y

SSDD on the competitive MP side, but that is completely OK

Horde mode? With Killstreak rewards? Sign me up :^:

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, this is the general CoD thread.

You can post anything CoD related, but only if you're a bro and have a sweet k/d ratio.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »

You can post anything CoD related, but only if you're a bro and have a sweet k/d ratio.

Well... shit

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    On the one hand, Zombies is really fun but repetitive.

On the other hand, Spec Ops is really fun but not great for replay value.

They need to combine them and create Spec Ops Zombies.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's time for me to make you guys watch another of my videos. Relistening to this I'm pretty stuffed up, but whatever, it's all good. Plus I was a little drunk, but that's how it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6H_ij_GDwM

Why would you crawl through a window after a spas guy?

Them pubbies were dumb too. First thing I would have done was destroy that camera spike.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    JebusUD wrote: »
    It's time for me to make you guys watch another of my videos. Relistening to this I'm pretty stuffed up, but whatever, it's all good. Plus I was a little drunk, but that's how it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6H_ij_GDwM

Why would you crawl through a window after a spas guy?

Them pubbies were dumb too. First thing I would have done was destroy that camera spike.

That video isn't bad, but I just don't understand how people can enjoy sitting in one building for a large portion of the game.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    iRevert wrote: »

You know you do the same thing.

also
    5735298888_d6d8ca4a2b_b.jpg

EDIT:

Scat you've seen Cat Shit One before right?

Heard of it, haven't watched it. Downloading it now.

Alright, watched it. All it did was make me want a fucking M1A even more.

Also, I assumed they were either American forces or based on them. Why was the helicopter assisting them a Hind?

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    @Skull: I can provide you with a 24 hour Bro Pass, just be sure to return it to the Broceptionist when you're done.
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    People that bitch about TOTP/BOTP are a strange beast to begin with. What, do you personally skip every post at the bottom of the page and assume other people do as well?

Also apparantly the first post on a page is deeply ingrained in people's minds or something.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Mercy, get drunk, commentate one of my games.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I have 2 questions about this.

I'm pretty sure my k/d makes it, but how bro does a person need to be in this thread? How do I become moar bro?

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Crashtard wrote: »

How do I become moar bro?

post ur kd bro

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Been a while since I did a "death review", so I thought I should put one up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJqcgFIlH8o

You should have clipped the one death from the ballistic knife back to when you climbed in the window. I think the mistake you made there was not looking at the radar when you were climbing in, a perfect time to check since you are vulnerable anyway. You turn and run towards your teammate up the hallway in the theatre room where if you had turned and sprayed down that doorway you almost certainly would have got that guy.

I bring it up since you said you didn't know how you could avoid that death.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Crashtard wrote: »

How do I become moar bro?

post ur kd bro

1.22 currently. My first 5 prestiges I was awful.

Edit: Does it help that I have a 3.17 w/l ratio? I do hope so.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    How many of you are looking forward to a GL with crosshairs? It auto-arcs the shots for you, so you dont have to do that hard thinking and do more cheapshotBS.
    It's going to be on all my classes.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ganluan wrote: »
    That video isn't bad, but I just don't understand how people can enjoy sitting in one building for a large portion of the game.

In my mind it helps that the map is radiation, because I've never done good in FFA on that map anyway other than sitting in that building. I don't really enjoy it often, but I never know where people are going to be on that map so it's what I do because I know that building is eventually going to get a lot of traffic.

Magell on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I'll be back on in a bit. Watching the animoos and smoking up.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Caffeine:

First death: Sprinting round the corner.
    Stick death: I can't really say I would have done different, but I'd still say that at that point you'd lost surprise and you were chasing. When a guy knows you're turning a corner you've lost the advantage. Ideally you could have chucked a stun and dived/jumped round the corner, or followed with a 'tex.
    Stab death: I agree with Jebus. The blip was there. Also, when you're revealing yourself like that it helps to watch the side you're more open to. The left side was your biggest problem especially since you were planning on turning your back to it anyway.

Still a cool game. You and that RC did the funniest dance.
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    How many of you are looking forward to a GL with crosshairs? It auto-arcs the shots for you, so you dont have to do that hard thinking and do more cheapshotBS.

Because my one problem with the noob toob was how hard it was to aim. 8-)

They'd best have Flak Jacket or imma be mad.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Musicool wrote: »
    Caffeine:

First death: Sprinting round the corner.
    Stick death: I can't really say I would have done different, but I'd still say that at that point you'd lost surprise and you were chasing. When a guy knows you're turning a corner you've lost the advantage. Ideally you could have chucked a stun and dived/jumped round the corner, or followed with a 'tex.
    Stab death: I agree with Jebus. The blip was there. Also, when you're revealing yourself like that it helps to watch the side you're more open to. The left side was your biggest problem especially since you were planning on turning your back to it anyway.

Still a cool game. You and that RC did the funniest dance.
    Tridus1x wrote: »

Because my one problem with the noob toob was how hard it was to aim. 8-)

I don't think I'd be able to play without the awesomeness of flak jacket even without the launcher becoming even easier.

Magell on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Everyone (scat) get on and add Aumni88 to your friends list. I'm at his house and I NEED BROS.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Musicool wrote: »

This is how I felt going from World at War to MW2.

We all know how that went.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sorry guys. Me and Aumni needed to work some shit out.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sorry guys. Me and Aumni needed to work some shit out.

Work some stuff out huh...

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Heard of it, haven't watched it. Downloading it now.

Alright, watched it. All it did was make me want a fucking M1A even more.

Also, I assumed they were either American forces or based on them. Why was the helicopter assisting them a Hind?

You watch it subbed or dubbed?

Anyhow they be Mercs/SF (despite the whole USGI thingy) and also SR-47 if you were paying attention (as well as a nighthawk GRP) a great deal of time went into researching the gear and it shows.

Besides they had the start to their series being called Cat Shit One: Apocalypse Meow so you know its going to be entertaining.

Also if memory serves the people doing the anime for CS1 also did the animation for MGS4 so that explains a bit on why it looks so good and the detail level (and long ass break between releases).

EDIT: for those of you who don't know what we're talking about skip to 1:12 of this video.

Trailer

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I thought the magazine looked too curved.

Also, subbed.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!

I just had a thought, with the paid features of Elite still in the air, what if XboxAhoy is working for IW and his content is part of it? Purely hypothetical, but it would be cruel.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well

shit

I'd buy it.

Him giving briefings of all the killstreaks/equipment/weapons in the game?

1303767657369.jpg

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I thought the magazine looked too curved.

Also, subbed.

I'd give you my facetube channel but I think watching a big ole latino shooting boomsticks would make you quite nervous.

iRevert on
  • Options
    smokealbertsmokealbert Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!

I just had a thought, with the paid features of Elite still in the air, what if XboxAhoy is working for IW and his content is part of it? Purely hypothetical, but it would be cruel.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet in the thread (I haven't been folowing it since the new thread started, and I'm too lazy to read everything...), but XboxAhoy is indeed working on weapon guides etc. for Cod:Elite. no word if if this is part of the paid stuff or the free stuff though.

Relevant video from his back-up YT account:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHq1mPPrs4c

smokealbert on
    Xbox GT: Smokealbert
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ugh.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Guys, listen. If we can get our own private server for shit by paying for the premium CoD Elite shit, I'll buck up for it. If only so that we can all stop bitching about how latency is why we died :x.

edit: Wow, okay. They pretty much removed the whole reason I listened to his shit. Because of "copyright and legality issues" he won't be discussing the actual interesting part of the weapons, just the gameplay mechanics of them.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is XboxAhoy part of the paid or unpaid part of Elite? Because I may do something very stupid if he's on the paid side. And I don't even own a gun to shoot myself with.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not even he knows.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    edit: Wow, okay. They pretty much removed the whole reason I listened to his shit. Because of "copyright and legality issues" he won't be discussing the actual interesting part of the weapons, just the gameplay mechanics of them.

That is a shame since they were a great intro to the videos, but at 6:20 he hints at using his YT channel for that stuff.

He does point out some of the flaws involved if his stuff was to be a paid service, but again it depends on the release schedule of his videos.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Guys.

guys

I cheat, and Josh gives me blowjobs.

That is all.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Scat, quit cheating and show me how to use this AC-130.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST