As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Call of Duty: Post in the new thread ^^^

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Musicool wrote: »
    Bro5?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfX5vMcQIhs

Bro5_533_233.jpg

Dudebros love their Hong Kong pop.

There's only four of them!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The fifth bro is working the camera, like a true bro.

Dragkonias on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Now I just feel overwhelmed. I spent a lot of my time tonight just following around PA guys trying to watch how they do things. I know the two start points for most maps but the alternate spawns are definitely beyond me. I got yelled at for running into the enemy spawn on nuketown because that flips it, which I didn't know. I'm so used to going solo with pubs who don't talk I never knew this stuff.

I always run into the spawns on nuketown. It is more fun that way. Plus the spawns often don't switch instantly, so you get a bunch of free kills.

Spawn trapping is boring. Going balls to the wall and invading spawns, then switching and invading again is more fun.

Except on dom or demolition. Then I would totally spawn trap.

Spawn trapping can be boring at times, yeah. But on Nuketown? There's no way I'll support any other strategy on that map. In fact, if someone on our squad intentionally flips the spawn on Nuketown, I'd personally rather just kick him from the party and do the next round a man down (if there's a second Nuketown on the queue). That sounds harsh, but Nuketown is ... Nuketown; with a decent spawn trap going, everyone on your squad should be near a hundred kills (provided the Host doesn't fucking Dashboard).

These days, on most maps, I run a three-cap strategy; we basically understand where all the spawns are, and since 90% of enemy "teams" aren't going for the objectives anyway, there's no reason not to triple cap and get more games in.

But on Nuketown, man ... no way.

My average K/D on Nuketown is like 30.0; there's no way I'd ever be comfortable just pushing the spawns and fucking my teammates over. That map is non-stop Chopper Gunners and Dogs.

milk ducks on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ducks is a super tryhard.

Just pay attention to the minimap.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's more fun to run at people with a shotgun then it is to spawn trap with a M14.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah. Reason I don't play objective unless it's with PA people honestly.

Dragkonias on
  • gastr0cnemesisgastr0cnemesis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So glad people are hopping back into MW2. I don't feel like dropping the cash to pick up the blops maps.

I don't have the MW2 maps, and I doubt I'm going to drop the cash on those.

gastr0cnemesis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Not like you need them to play.

We got people without maps on all the time. We just quietly curse them under our breath.

That being said if we're playing MW2 again just hit me up whenever I'm on. It's summer and besides work I'm bored and having nothing better to do. >_> <_<

Dragkonias on
    edited June 2011
    I mysteriously obtained the first map pack for MW2. I really can not remember buying it.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    edited June 2011
    I am kind of a tryhard, I'll admit. People play for different reasons, and that's fine. I play to win. I don't have a lot of fun pushing spawns when we could be trapping, because honestly, someone's going to miss out on their Dogs because of it, and that's no fun for anyone. I don't play with the PA community much, because for the most part, our playstyles just don't mesh. And that's fine, too.

milk ducks on
    edited June 2011
    We pretty much never play with people who all have the packs.

I like to run around with a shotgun. This often results in my declaration of "oops, flipped their spawn."

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2011
    I played by myself when CoD4 first came out, and it was a really frustrating experience. A lot of people I see who play alone simply give up on trying to win matches, and instead just run around like it's Team Deathmatch; I never did that. I want to win matches, and in CoD4, if I was up against a full squad, I put my tryhard pants on. Honestly, a lot of the people on my Friends List are guys who wanted to play with me after playing rough games against me.

Once I started getting like-minded people on-side, I wanted to press the advantage, rather than to continue playing the way I had been (which was frustrating for everyone). Everyone on the squad was happy to do whatever needed to be done to win, but nobody wants to play like that all the time. If everyone's willing to commit to some strategies, everyone's going to have a lot more fun in the end. And that's always been our philosophy.

So we typically hold people in their spawns.

In CoD4, you could really push someone's spawn before they'd flip (I run laps through the Bridge with an M1014 on Wetwork), but that's really not the case in Black Ops. We play our game as close to the spawn lines as possible, and that's an exercise in communication, which is always fun.

milk ducks on
    edited June 2011
    We play to win! Its just that instead of sending in an elite SAS unit we send in a bunch of attack dogs. Overwhelm!

edit:

But, yeah, when I played with you guys I was a fish out of water and against you guys with a shitty team who weren't only shitty as a team but also, apparently, shitty individually it was horrendous.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Playing any COD game solo is such a hassle. Even if you are just doing a two man, you could make a diffrence in matches. When I try to play objective games alone, I have to fight the urge not to care about capping/defending points. Eventually I give in and get tubed for it though. I'll be on BLOPS later if you all still play that game(i'm only playing it to get golden guns), but if you guys are whoring MW2 I might put that disc in.

Tridus1x on
    edited June 2011
    Domhnall wrote: »
    We play to win! Its just that instead of sending in an elite SAS unit we send in a bunch of attack dogs. Overwhelm!

edit:

But, yeah, when I played with you guys I was a fish out of water and against you guys with a shitty team who weren't only shitty as a team but also, apparently, shitty individually it was horrendous.

Yeah, Minty, I can understand that. We've really got a core group of guys that are almost always around, and when someone new jumps in, there's always a period where everyone's sort of feeling the situation out. It can take a number of games before somebody really "slips in". Also, when you're playing against us, you've almost always got a Yellow Bar, so that must contribute to the shittiness of the game, lol.

Also, I've been wondering lately: is it supposed to be "Minty D Vision" or "Minty Division"?

milk ducks on
    edited June 2011
    Minty D Vision. It was Minty Vision! on steam but xbox wouldn't allow that.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I tried playing BLOPS and MW2 before I started playing with you guys, and it was a brutal experience. I gave up on MW2 in about a month of playing. Luckily I had joined the forums not too long before I tried BLOPS and was able to find a group of (somewhat) decent human beings with which to play. Defintely extended the life of the games.

Karrde1842 on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I am kind of a tryhard, I'll admit. People play for different reasons, and that's fine. I play to win. I don't have a lot of fun pushing spawns when we could be trapping, because honestly, someone's going to miss out on their Dogs because of it, and that's no fun for anyone. I don't play with the PA community much, because for the most part, our playstyles just don't mesh. And that's fine, too.

It was fun playing with your team way back when. Still have that Dom game saved in the fileshare.

I don't so much play to win as to face overwhelming odds, then take those odds and shove them up the enemy's ass so everyone knows who really won (like the saved Dom game). If you aren't outnumbered and outgunned (but not outplayed) you aren't living. Which is why a little part of me dies when a PA party backs out against a team that finally beats us. I was just getting excited.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • gastr0cnemesisgastr0cnemesis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I knew it was foolish of me to try playing by myself last night. I never have a good time going solo, especially in objective games. I'm the only one going for the Dom points, and I'm getting 'naded over and over again.

Also, the map packs are still 1200 MS points? Ugh.

gastr0cnemesis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Which is why a little part of me dies when a PA party backs out against a team that finally beats us. I was just getting excited.

Agreed. I like finding people who actually challenge us in a meaningful way. Gives us something to sharpen ourselves on that much more.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    edited June 2011
    Ah...online gaming.

I forgot how annoying host advantage and lag could be.

Dragkonias on
  • jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    jonny439 wrote: »
    so should I use the credit from trading in Brink for MW2 or just let it cool till the fall releases?

You could wait, sure.

But the fall releases have a nice long summer between them.

A summer you could be killing mans with us in MW2.
    A game where I can shoot mans and they actually die of it, no less.

Yea I just switched back to second shift so I'd only really be able to play on weekends I'll see if there are a bunch still playing in a week or so.

jonny439 on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Woah Bros...This shouldn't slip to page 3

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    edited June 2011
    Nobody is even playing. Sons, I am disappoint.
    Wait, I'm the youngest one here.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Do people want to shoot mans y/n/maybe so?

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited June 2011
    fuckin'

ged'awn

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't remember if I re-added you to my friends list.

That can be changed.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited June 2011
    Those were some fun games.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Those were some fun games.

I concur.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    For fucking real, these people didn't put in volume sliders. In 2009.

Mechanical on
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    12 man dom on rust

Call in first care package in the first minute of the game....

AC130

235zzk.gif

iRevert on
    edited June 2011
    When someone asked why you didn't have a mic I had to resist the urge to say that you sold it to fund your image/gif habit.
    :P

PaperLuigi44 on
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    GUYS
    I just found out that MW2 can be run in a window by hitting alt+enter
    this is the best day ever

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
    edited June 2011
    When someone asked why you didn't have a mic I had to resist the urge to say that you sold it to fund your image/gif habit.

Spoiler alert!
    Get it I said spoiler alert and now heres a
    what?
    your still reading this
    do you expect some sort of answer from me?
    well no
    persistant little fucker aren't you?
    stop clicking now
    Seriously if you click on this one more time I'm going to post Kathy Bates nude photos
    your sick you know that?
    why would you keep clicking
    there isn't any message in this
    I'm serious now I'm just doing this to mess with you
    I can do this all day
    Ladeeedaaadeeedooo
    Once there was a farmer who had a dog and bingo was his name-o
    B
    I
    N
    Go fuck your self
    O
    Le sigh
    I've burned like two minutes of your life doing this you know right?
    You could have fed a homeless man in that time and helped his life
    but you keep clicking these
    Your a horrible selfish individual
    also a glutton for punishment
    there isn't anything in here
    I'm just seeing how many of you will keep clicking these
    most people quit about about six in
    but not you
    Oh so what did you do today?
    I found a cure for HIV, what about you?
    Oh...well I clicked on this one post on PA that had spoilers for like ten minutes
    Oh and you just know the person who replies to this is going to spoiler their post thinking they're cute
    but it won't be because I just called them out on it
    yeah BEFORE they could do it
    so suck it whoever was going to do that
    Your still clicking this?
    I guess you really want to know why I didn't have my mic in
    To bad
    I'm not telling
    Ok fine
    Just between you and me
    Its a secret
    make sure no one else is around or reading this
    ok
    is the coast clear?
    well here it goes
    I
    was
    not telling you
    BOO-YA!
    yeah in your face
    Me 1 you 0
    You still think that theres an answer in here?
    well I'll give you a hint
    there isn't
    and your only half way there
    living on a prayer
    take my hand we'll make it I swear
    wouldn't it suck when if there was a stupid image at the end of this?
    Oh shit you thought I was going to post one
    OH YOU FELL FOR IT AGAIN!
    Me 2 you 0
    Anyhow
    As I was saying
    The real secret is
    You coulda just hit quote reply and read all this without clicking the spoilers
    wario-troll-face.jpg
    u mad?

iRevert on
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    iRevert wrote: »

Spoiler alert!
    Get it I said spoiler alert and now heres a
    what?
    your still reading this
    do you expect some sort of answer from me?
    well no
    persistant little fucker aren't you?
    stop clicking now
    Seriously if you click on this one more time I'm going to post Kathy Bates nude photos
    your sick you know that?
    why would you keep clicking
    there isn't any message in this
    I'm serious now I'm just doing this to mess with you
    I can do this all day
    Ladeeedaaadeeedooo
    Once there was a farmer who had a dog and bingo was his name-o
    B
    I
    N
    Go fuck your self
    O
    Le sigh
    I've burned like two minutes of your life doing this you know right?
    You could have fed a homeless man in that time and helped his life
    but you keep clicking these
    Your a horrible selfish individual
    also a glutton for punishment
    there isn't anything in here
    I'm just seeing how many of you will keep clicking these
    most people quit about about six in
    but not you
    Oh so what did you do today?
    I found a cure for HIV, what about you?
    Oh...well I clicked on this one post on PA that had spoilers for like ten minutes
    Oh and you just know the person who replies to this is going to spoiler their post thinking they're cute
    but it won't be because I just called them out on it
    yeah BEFORE they could do it
    so suck it whoever was going to do that
    I guess you really want to know why I didn't have my mic in
    To bad
    I'm not telling
    Ok fine
    Just between you and me
    Its a secret
    make sure no one else is around or reading this
    ok
    is the coast clear?
    well here it goes
    I
    was
    not telling you
    BOO-YA!
    yeah in your face
    Me 1 you 0
    You still think that theres an answer in here?
    well I'll give you a hint
    there isn't
    and your only half way there
    living on a prayer
    take my hand we'll make it I swear
    wouldn't it suck when if there was a stupid image at the end of this?
    Oh shit you thought I was going to post one
    OH YOU FELL FOR IT AGAIN!
    Me 2 you 0
    Anyhow
    As I was saying
    The real secret is
    You coulda just hit quote reply and read all this without clicking the spoilers
    wario-troll-face.jpg
    u mad?

I went all the way down that rabbit hole. Lost it so many times. And then felt like an idiot. :(

You are no longer a friend of mine Bittlytibs.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

You're.

Idiot.

Also, this MW2 nostalgia is a total buzzkill. MW2 still sucks, assholes. And I need my gold guns.

Also also, I love playing with Ducks and his cronies.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited June 2011
    I went all the way down that rabbit hole. Lost it so many times. And then felt like an idiot. :(

You are no longer a friend of mine Bittlytibs.

You loved it and shall fondly look back on it as one of the great joys of your life like walking into a public restroom to take a dump and finding the seat already warm for you.

Seriously though I was soundwhoring

You're.

Idiot.

Am I mercy?

AM I?

Or am I just that good as an troll?

Om Nom Nom Nom

iRevert on
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    GUYS

Shortly after I first got MW2 I had an error (think lobby closed at the exact moment I clicked a menu option) which caused the game to run in a window though I didn't know it was running in a window at the time, the border was just there.

2 weeks after getting BLOPS I played some Spec Ops with a friend. Hit Alt+Enter, back to full screen everything works perfect.

I played in a shitty window/full screen hybrid for a whole year...

I even uninstalled + reinstalled to try and fix it...

Cobalt60 on
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    GUYS

Shortly after I first got MW2 I had an error (think lobby closed at the exact moment I clicked a menu option) which caused the game to run in a window though I didn't know it was running in a window at the time, the border was just there.

2 weeks after getting BLOPS I played some Spec Ops with a friend. Hit Alt+Enter, back to full screen everything works perfect.

I played in a shitty window/full screen hybrid for a whole year...

I even uninstalled + reinstalled to try and fix it...

Hahahaha oh man is that ever harsh
    why would they ever have it so that would stay on a fresh install, that just seems cruel

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So apparently MW3 is going to have an "elite" subscription option or some such nonsense that will "let people play with friends or opponents with similar skills."

I ain't paying an extra $5-10 a month just so I can get yet another friendslist, clans, and a fancier K/D tracker.

Darklyre on