As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Call of Duty: Post in the new thread ^^^

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Darklyre wrote: »
    So apparently MW3 is going to have an "elite" subscription option or some such nonsense that will "let people play with friends or opponents with similar skills."

I ain't paying an extra $5-10 a month just so I can get yet another friendslist, clans, and a fancier K/D tracker.

That much huh? I was tossing up the value (I'm a stats whore) but 5-10 per month isn't worth it.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    iRevert wrote: »
    Your still clicking this?

You're.

Idiot.

Also, this MW2 nostalgia is a total buzzkill. MW2 still sucks, assholes. And I need my gold guns.

Also also, I love playing with Ducks and his cronies.

Pretty much everyone who plays MW2, in my opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSO_h8x_f0c&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Also, I have cronies? Fuck yeah.

milk ducks on
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jaunty wrote: »
    GUYS
    I just found out that MW2 can be run in a window by hitting alt+enter
    this is the best day ever

This reminds me; we used to tell people back in EverQuest (Oh, fuck yes, I played EverQuest) that you could bring up a Quest Log by hitting Control+X, which quits you back to the Character Selection screen. Man, that shit was gold. Back in the early days of online gaming, you could get people to fall for anything.

milk ducks on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Musicool wrote: »
    So apparently MW3 is going to have an "elite" subscription option or some such nonsense that will "let people play with friends or opponents with similar skills."

I ain't paying an extra $5-10 a month just so I can get yet another friendslist, clans, and a fancier K/D tracker.

That much huh? I was tossing up the value (I'm a stats whore) but 5-10 per month isn't worth it.

For $4 a month I can PM you a list of stats if you need your fix.
    Said stats may or may not just be stuff I pull out of a Reader's Digest.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I didn't mean $5-10 as in "that is what Activision says it'll cost," but rather in the context that I would be absolutely shocked if the Elite service wasn't at least $4.99 or $9.99 per month. Considering most MMO subscriptions are now $15/mo and XBL is what, $10/mo, there'd be no reason for Activision to go any lower than $4.99 for a game which many play more hours per day than on MMOs.

Darklyre on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm almost glad we have a separate MW3 thread. That way "abloobloo Activision stole mah surverz" can stay the fuck over there, and we can all [strike]hate on tubes and ghost here[/strike] be brosefs and share KDR stats.

I want to go home and shoot people. Stupid work on a stupid Friday.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's almost like people stop reading these damn articles after they see the phrase "subscription fee".

Mechanical on
    edited June 2011
    Money-grubbing Activision, charging me 500 mega-dollars for Reader's Digest stats. Robbery, I say, robbery.

And ducks you have no idea how right you are about the MW2 demographic. I spent a whole hour in one lobby listening to a couple of 13 year olds talking:

"Man, my tubes haven't been working this round. I haven't even got a double kill like you."

"You get C."
    "No you get C, I'm on a 3 kill streak I only need 4 more."
    [This is long after we've basically lost the game.]

"Oh man, they're using tubes too, coz we're doing it."

"I'm gonna use Chopper Gunner."
    "Nah, this map's way better for the AC130."
    "No, Chopper Gunner."
    [Neither got either killstreak during the whole hour of play.]

And in that lobby I discovered how important a single objective-based player is in a pubby match. I decided not to play the objective for a whole Dom play session - won maybe twice in two hours.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Honestly, like I said before, I don't mind that "Elite" stuff as long as they don't start offering stuff that actively affects gameplay.

I've seen it happen to too many online games where they start giving people who pay bonuses and the same thing always happens.

Free players get annoyed because they cannot stand up to the gods who pay.

They leave.

Pay players feel cheated because they have no one to play against.

They leave.

etc.

So, it's actually in their advantage not to do something like that.

Dragkonias on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Honestly, like I said before, I don't mind that "Elite" stuff as long as they don't start offering stuff that actively affects gameplay.

I've seen it happen to too many online games where they start giving people who pay bonuses and the same thing always happens.

Free players get annoyed because they cannot stand up to the gods who pay.

They leave.

Pay players feel cheated because they have no one to play against.

They leave.

etc.

So, it's actually in their advantage not to do something like that.

Currently, having the largest player base does exactly nothing for Activision (unless we all buy map packs, which, shame on all of you for doing so)

Adding a subscription service, even if it only lasts a few months and kills their playerbase will make them more money than the current model.

Burtletoy on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ...I don't know...

I just don't think the "scorched earth" policy of game development is a smart one.

Sure, you make money hand-over-fist but you also actively kill off your franchises.

Dragkonias on
    edited June 2011
    I don't think it would kill off the franchise.

How many of us bought MW2 after W@W?

How many of us bought Blops after W@W?

Seriously. We are sheep.

Burtletoy on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    comic_0058_streetdated.jpg

Same basic concept except you change Madden to Call of Duty.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited June 2011
    ...Umm...I would say EA's franchise whoring and mistreatment of their companies and consumers is why they're in so much financial trouble now.

Dragkonias on
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't think it would kill off the franchise.

How many of us bought MW2 after W@W?

How many of us bought Blops after W@W?

Seriously. We are sheep.

Ha! I never bought W@W!

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
    edited June 2011
    I did and I enjoyed it immensely.

Mechanical on
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Whenever you bastards get on BLOPS, feel free to invite me anytime. Wondering when this MW2 phase will wear off, probably soon I think.

Tridus1x on
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    milk ducks wrote: »
    GUYS

This reminds me; we used to tell people back in EverQuest (Oh, fuck yes, I played EverQuest) that you could bring up a Quest Log by hitting Control+X, which quits you back to the Character Selection screen. Man, that shit was gold. Back in the early days of online gaming, you could get people to fall for anything.

CS 1.6
    "how do you ______?"
    "f10"
    "F10"
    "you need to enable the console in options and then hit f10"
    "f10"

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
    edited June 2011
    Mechanical on
  • King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm so lonely and may back hurts from carrying an entire team of pubs. I worked all day, come help a brother out.

King Kong on
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Beorn left before th delicious rage tears began to flow...apparently my jav spam and hacked ACR make me a doodoo-head. And by hacked acr I mean it has no recoil and when two people stack up with their heads showing its easy to get a dub.

<3 7500 -7400 come from behind with a two piece for the final kill wins.

iRevert on
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    GUYS

CS 1.6
    "how do you ______?"
    "f10"
    "F10"
    "f10"

This was the best. I miss CS.

Also, I found this thread on the page by doing a find for "bro" - I approve of any COD thread title that allows this.

twmjr on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    twmjr wrote: »
    GUYS

CS 1.6
    "how do you ______?"
    "f10"
    "F10"
    "f10"

This was the best. I miss CS.

Also, I found this thread on the page by doing a find for "bro" - I approve of any COD thread title that allows this.

This was the intended goal.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2011
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man, those matches.

ps it was totally my intention to fall into Final Stand on the staircase and AA12 that akimbo 1887 user for the game winning kill.

I'm just that good a strategist.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited June 2011
    A wild Booker appears!

Wild Booker uses boooleets
    ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE
    Trainer Tibbly uses Crappy Spawn
    Its Not Very Effective
    Wild Booker uses boooleets
    ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE
    Trainer Tibbly uses Tactical Nuke
    ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE
    Wild Booker has fainted!

Rough game to rejoin me on, I was playing around with a OMA M16 and dispite the lack of stopping power it does a pretty damn good job as I smacked out my harriers/AC pretty quick in that game with all the randoms. I was going to sit on it and do it again and see if I could get two in one game but oh no someone had to go and shoot me in the back...twice. So I just said fuck it.

EDIT:

Scat I didn't have to much time on my hands, if I had of had a ton of spare time I would have filled the character limit. Besides take a look at the time I posted that, twas waiting for mah morning coffee to kick in so I could pound the porcelain before getting my day going.

iRevert on
  • CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Crashtard wrote: »

A crumpled up piece of paper that had Michael Vick's picture on it.

iRevert on
  • CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Crashtard wrote: »

A crumpled up piece of paper that had Michael Vick's picture on it.

Niiiiiiiiiice

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
    edited June 2011
    I love my hideous mutant SVD.

Mechanical on
    edited June 2011
    so I'm like only .20-.30 from matching my MW2 KDR to my Blops KDR.

Doesn't help that I dropped down to a 1.50 in Blops over a span of a week of getting fucked over non-stop, but I'm finding my MW2 KDR is making rapid upward progress and I wouldn't be surprised if it matched or passed it soon.

Is that bad?

iRevert on
    edited June 2011
    Your KDR is improving in MW2 while you post stories about OMA tubing and shooting DC Jav's?

Color me shocked.

Burtletoy on
    edited June 2011
    Your KDR is improving in MW2 while you post stories about OMA tubing and shooting DC Jav's?

Color me shocked.

Hey Hey Hey

Thats only half the story, I also run around with commando pro and with dual shotguns.

Actually the bulk of my KDR raises comes from the RPD Grip and M16 Holo which basically makes things drop very quickly.

iRevert on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Color me shocked.

Hey Hey Hey

Thats only half the story, I also run around with commando pro and with dual shotguns.

Actually the bulk of my KDR raises comes from the RPD Grip and M16 Holo which basically makes things drop very quickly.

Well, I mean, everything in MW2 makes things drop very quickly.

Also, Hickok is the bestest of mans. Skip to 9:45 for shoosting.

dat BAR

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2011
    Ohmigod. I forgot how good it feels to Riot Shield on a good connection. Me and five buddies owned a lobby for ten straight games going half shield half normal. It was the funniest bestest thing ever.

RS, USP w/ Tac Knife
    Blast Shield, Stun Grenades
    Marathon, Lightweight, Commando

I call it...the Shield Witch! So many funny moments from those games. Just a sample:

Dudes turn corner, see me, back away firing. I stun around the corner, switch to tac knife, charge and stab the bastards.

Dude empties his clip on me. I switch to pistol, shoot him dead. 180 turn, switching to shield, take another whole clip, switch back to pistol, BAMBAMBAMBAM dead.

A riot shield copycat gets into a standoff with me. It's fun for a bit, but I get bored and activate my win combo. Blast shield up, stun nade at feet, switch to tac knife, sprint round his shield, STAB dead.

Some dudebro empties his AUG into me and I'm about to charge when a couple of his bros turn the corner and charge me back. Well, nothing for it. "FOR SPARTAAAAAA!" Switch to pistol, BAMBAMBAMBAMBAM dead, STAB dead, frag at my feet, SHIELDS UP. BOOM. "I LIVE!" And the AUG dude ran away, clearly in fear of my awesomeness.

And the best and last thing we did? Charge and slaughter the whole bronemy team under shield cover over about 15 seconds to get to their care package so I could steal it. It was an EMP.

Tibbly, if that doesn't deserve a gif on my behalf I don't know what does.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited June 2011
    And the best and last thing we did? Charge and slaughter the whole bronemy team under shield cover over about 15 seconds to get to their care package so I could steal it. It was an EMP.

4uczh21.gif

iRevert on
    edited June 2011
    Toes: my anti-shield.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2011
    Looking down and to the left, crouching: my anti-anti-shield.

Plus you can't hit my toes when you're stunned and I'm strafe-running at you with an evil glint in my eye.

Oh, another fun thing to do with shield: right off the Highrise spawn run to the sniper window and look across the map (crouched and looking down and to the left of course). Laugh at the silly amount of time enemy snipers waste on trying to hit you.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited June 2011
    Playing MW2 again has led me to remember that I don't have a shield class anymore.

What have I become?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Playing MW2 again has led me to remember that I don't have a shield class anymore.

What have I become?

Regressive in the art of bullet sponge.

Get you to thine shield, sirrah!

Play amusing games such as Taunt the Harrier and more!

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png