As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Call of Duty: Post in the new thread ^^^

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So what is the state of the game now?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also effective against shields: C4, up and over~

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    No one's on killing mans. My fat ass refuses to go outside in 94 degree heat with 70% humidity in early goddamned June, so... mans killing. Yes?

iTunesIsEvil on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    No one's on killing mans. My fat ass refuses to go outside in 94 degree heat with 70% humidity in early goddamned June, so... mans killing. Yes?

I totally didn't just wake up after sleeping 11 hours.

So, yeah, killin mans.

What CoD do you prefer?

Burtletoy on
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    We're on [strike]BLOPS[/strike] FAMAS/Galil Ops.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ghost Ops!

Tridus1x on
    edited June 2011
    Willy Wonka Ops.

OG, your ass is grass. I'm going to get more SPAS kills than you if it means running the thing on Array.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Playing MW2 again has led me to remember that I don't have a shield class anymore.

What have I become?

Regressive in the art of bullet sponge.

Get you to thine shield, sirrah!

Play amusing games such as Taunt the Harrier and more!

Like, as frustrating as the shield was, even during shenanigans when I deflected bullets and a team mate finished the distracted enemy, that felt good.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited June 2011
    Playing MW2 again has led me to remember that I don't have a shield class anymore.

What have I become?

Like, as frustrating as the shield was, even during shenanigans when I deflected bullets and a team mate finished the distracted enemy, that felt good.

I thoroughly enjoy teaming up with shielders in a hallway. Funneled into a path of plexiglas and buckshot, the enemy doesn't last long.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Amusing riot shield antics: Encountering another shielder, backing around a corner and rebounding a throwing knife off of the wall, behind his shield to kill him.

Lobbing a throwing knife across the width of Highrise to catch a guy at full sprint in the ankle to win a S+D match.

Having my game freeze up when I try to absorb Harrier fire.

SirToasty on
    edited June 2011
    I always thought it was funny when the points started slowing down from taking so many bullets.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's like the Harrier's insistent whinging is getting to MW2:

Harrier: Muuuuuum, Riot Shield is making fun of me again!
    MW2: Riot Bulletproof Perspex Shield, stop making fun of Harrier this instant!
    Riot Shield: But muuuuum, Harrier started it! I was just protecting my owner.
    MW2: I don't care who started it, I'm going to finish it. No XP for dessert tonight!

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey you know whats lots of fun?

Playing a game of TDM against a group of kids who are all running last stand pro and rapidfire fals.

Its even more fun when you run a M16A4 with SP and beat them till they rage quit mid game. Oh I'm sorry but BLOPS has trained me to spam the trigger 80 million times so I make sure my bullets count and to continue jerking the trigger like a 16 year old with a playboy till I see the body stop moving on the ground.

I find it so funny that the M9 has this stupid low ROF cap (without tac knife) but the Fal has a stupid high ROF cap. WHY IS IT THAT I CAN FIRE THE FAL FASTER THEN THE FUCKING M9?

WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

iRevert on
    edited June 2011
    Stupid fucking blops game.

Only saved the first 2:19 of my 75-4 game.

Also, the game claims my score was 32-1 even though the video stops when I'm 23-0

Also, the game never switched hosts so there isn't even a bad reason why I didn't show my full game.

Boo

Burtletoy on
    edited June 2011
    Stupid fucking blops game.

Only saved the first 2:19 of my 75-4 game.

Also, the game claims my score was 32-1 even though the video stops when I'm 23-0

Also, the game never switched hosts so there isn't even a bad reason why I didn't show my full game.

Boo

1232904154_dramatic%20lemur.gif

Oh lawdy the drama...

iRevert on
    edited June 2011
    Goddamnit Tibbly, I had to adblock that fucking image. Creeping me out.

Also, Brutle, yes, it does do it all the fucking time and it's as frustrating as all hell.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2011
    Goddamnit Tibbly, I had to adblock that fucking image. Creeping me out.

Also, Brutle, yes, it does do it all the fucking time and it's as frustrating as all hell.

Ok fine so lets just say I didn't upload it to a different host and spoiler it...
    Supplies.gif I didn't do it.

iRevert on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

What have I become?

I thoroughly enjoy teaming up with shielders in a hallway. Funneled into a path of plexiglas and buckshot, the enemy doesn't last long.

Exactly. I remember the occasional times where I teamed up with someone and scouted the map, those were fun times.

Also, getting cosy with the flag carrier when we needed our flag returned :winky:

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited June 2011

What have I become?

Exactly. I remember the occasional times where I teamed up with someone and scouted the map, those were fun times.

Also, getting cosy with the flag carrier when we needed our flag returned :winky:

I played some S&D with some people and we got a carepackage final killcam...we may or may not have found the kid who was camping to do super 360claymorefakietonoscope and riot shielded him to a corner. Fucking amazing to listen to all the kids on the other team heckling the shit out of their buddy.

iRevert on
    edited June 2011
    iRevert wrote: »
    I played some S&D with some people and we got a carepackage final killcam...we may or may not have found the kid who was camping to do super 360claymorefakietonoscope and riot shielded him to a corner. Fucking amazing to listen to all the kids on the other team heckling the shit out of their buddy.

Let me see if I have this right:

You found a cheap camping no scoping tard. You backed him into a corner with team shields. You called a care package onto his head. You won the round with said maneuver.

MW2 Y U NO HAV THEATER MODE

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    edited June 2011

I save my meme usage for special occasions like this

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited June 2011
    Musicool wrote: »

Let me see if I have this right:

You found a cheap camping no scoping tard. You backed him into a corner with team shields. You called a care package onto his head. You won the round with said maneuver.

MW2 Y U NO HAV THEATER MODE

Right?

And we did it in S&D, our riot shields have truck nutz hanging from them.

MW3 sure as fuck better have a theatre mode

iRevert on
    edited June 2011
    Hey bros, don't know if this is news (sort of ignored all the speculation on CoD Elite while it was clearly just speculation and Kotick-hate) but what we're getting for free amongst other things: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/06/cod-elite-the-free-the-paid-the-hmm/#more-61276

For those who think clicking a link is too hard, the FREE STUFF that's new and/or interesting (to me):

- Custom leaderboards to track yourself against friends. Otherwise known as the Minty/OG feature.
    - Heat maps of personal performance (hopefully easier to see than the BLOPS ones)
    - "Analyse your weapon performance". Hopefully that means more than "K/D per weapon". I want things like K/D on each map, total score/kills/deaths average per weapon over time.
    - Theatre mode is back.
    - "Track + share thousands of stats with friends" - does this mean something more than the BLOPS leaderboards and combat records for the curious? Can you look at your own K/D for the [insert LMG here] and immediately see a friend leaderboard comparison?
    - "Start tracking your Call of Duty career" starting with Black Ops. So it won't be impressive right out of the gate, but if Activision can keep us buying the CoDs it'd be interesting to compare our long term progress.

/stats nerd

Edit: Way off topic, but I had a thought guys: what if in BLOPS LW Pro had been the old LW Pro benefit? I reckon if that were the case (AND if you nerfed SoH Pro somewhat so LW Pro + SoH Pro didn't become the new easymode) then Ghost would have been less of a hassle. Basically LW Pro (which is pretty easy to get) would be the"SP-alike" tradeoff that a Ghost sacrifices. Sure you can be a stealth master, but you can't afford to get caught out - and surprised LW Pro users can easily turn the tables if you're not careful. Couple that with the fact that LW is itself a sorta-kinda counter to spy planes anyway (the blip isn't accurate for as long) and Ghost would still be great but not OP.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    2 pages back at the bottom of the page, didn't figure a lot of you would care anyway.

Mechanical on
    edited June 2011
    Oh right. Sorry Mechanical.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Easy to miss. :P

Mechanical on
  • CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Here's a link to the MW3 Elite FAQ.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm not going to turn this into a realism rant because we can sit here and go up to 100 pages nitpicking on how retarded Activision is. However I will bitch in general about the cash cow MW3 is.

I can't say I was terribly impressed with the E3 Trailer. It looked a lot like Modern Warfare 2s Expansion Pack if anything. I mean, nothing has changed. Here is our over dramatic part where we watch NYC getting hammered, oh look a sunken Aircraft Carrier oh no! I hope nobody was on board that thing! Hey, we saw a GIF recently of Navy Seals boarding a CH-47 using a RHIB! We gotta get that into our game for sure! Oh, and the Wall Street Level. Hmm, I felt like I've seen this before in MW2. You know, when your in Washington DC defending the landing zone and then going crazy in a UH60. Ugh. MW3 is nothing more than an overpriced expansion pack. Its unfortunate that it'll sell record copies and be called Game of the Year.

Waffles or whatever on
    edited June 2011
    Waffen wrote: »
    I'm not going to turn this into a realism rant because we can sit here and go up to 100 pages nitpicking on how retarded Activision is. However I will bitch in general about the cash cow MW3 is.

I can't say I was terribly impressed with the E3 Trailer. It looked a lot like Modern Warfare 2s Expansion Pack if anything. I mean, nothing has changed. Here is our over dramatic part where we watch NYC getting hammered, oh look a sunken Aircraft Carrier oh no! I hope nobody was on board that thing! Hey, we saw a GIF recently of Navy Seals boarding a CH-47 using a RHIB! We gotta get that into our game for sure! Oh, and the Wall Street Level. Hmm, I felt like I've seen this before in MW2. You know, when your in Washington DC defending the landing zone and then going crazy in a UH60. Ugh. MW3 is nothing more than an overpriced expansion pack. Its unfortunate that it'll sell record copies and be called Game of the Year.

No one cares about single playerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(for good reason)

Burtletoy on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And multiplayer is MW2 with DLC maps and weapons, as well as patches that take things out and put things in.

Somewhere the value of $60 is there.

And then they're going to be selling MW3 map packs for $15 each which will put in MW2 maps! As well as the MW1 maps that were remade for MW2.

Say that they won't. It's fucking genius.

Mr.Sunshine on
    edited June 2011
    BF3

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Hey look a wild Waffen appears!

I post/lurk on PTO as well.

jonny439 on
    edited June 2011

No one cares about single playerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(for good reason)

NO ONE CARES?

freakinoutbeaker.gif

WHAT TYPE OF BULLSHIT ARE YOU SPREADING FOR YOUR FIELDS ARE LUSH AND FULL!

iRevert on
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'm cool with a MW2 expansion pack.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    edited June 2011
    It won't play like MW2 at all, is what I'm thinking.

Also, what constitutes a game being GotY? It's all opinions. GotY among mothers? Probably not Gears of War 3. GotY among murderous, insane lumberjacks? Probably Gears 3.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited June 2011
    And multiplayer is MW2 with DLC maps and weapons, as well as patches that take things out and put things in.

Somewhere the value of $60 is there.

And then they're going to be selling MW3 map packs for $15 each which will put in MW2 maps! As well as the MW1 maps that were remade for MW2.

Say that they won't. It's fucking genius.

Hopefully they do.

At least that way I'll get my monies worth.

Burtletoy on
  • Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You could just buy another copy of MW2. It'll save time.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I play MW games
    first and foremost
    for the single player

I mean look at this, it's the arcade-shooter experience brought to my PC. I can almost smell popcorn and twizzlers. I can almost feel the sticky floors beneath my sneakers. I love it for its simplicity
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLiKogTHo_Q

also why isn't there a BF3 thread yet, where am I supposed to go to share in the hyped about just how preposterously sexy it looks.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
    edited June 2011
    I thought the BC2 thread was just doing what we do and discussing both.

Anywho, CoD single player is something I enjoy playing through once, occasionally remembering details about it, fondly or otherwise.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited June 2011
    It won't play like MW2 at all, is what I'm thinking.

Also, what constitutes a game being GotY? It's all opinions. GotY among mothers? Probably not Gears of War 3. GotY among murderous, insane lumberjacks? Probably Gears 3.

Question #1
    Is it a TES game?

Question #2
    Are we riding cliffy B's nutsack this year?

Question #3
    Is there another generic churned out build-a-block CoD title?

If question #1 is true then skip to line GOTY

What the average game buyer looks like:

Skyrim:
    Techno-viking.jpg

MW3:
    Fat-Baby-Photo.jpg

GoW3:
    11.jpg

iRevert on