As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Trek Online] Hop on my deck. Now Free to Play!

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    According to a dev-post on the forums, Crystals will always be in the boxes alongside whatever prize is within, so that should shut up some complaints.
    I thought the first one was bad.. they actually managed to make the 2nd one full of even more useless junk AND add a whole new set of content ONLY available by spamming key purchases.

Wow Cryptic.. this a whole new low, holy crap.
    Lobi crystals?? Really? So we went to dilithium to consolidate currecny because there were too many currecnies, and now you're adding another currecny into the game that can only be gotten out of a chance box?? This is the WORST idea you people have come up with since F2P!
    So sad..

I had about 1 ounce of respect, and it just disappeared at warp speed.
    Is there any integrity left at Cryptic? Is there an honest man amongst you at all?

When is this lottery Bull$#!+ going to end? This is not the game I signed up for, at all. This is not the game I paid a lifetime subscription to.
    Way to crap on the 800 day vets by promising the Mugato combat pet, taking it away and stating you have no intentions of adding the combat pet to game, only to throw it into the money grab. You sicken me, Cryptic.

But not all..

EDIT: I went over to Drozana Station to see the prices on the crystal-bought stuff and there's already people flocking there. Here's how much you'll need.
    Golden Knowledge - 50 - Hear a random Rule of Acquisition
    Miser's Delight - 1 - ???
    Ferengi Shuttle - 800
    Photonic Officer - 300
    Space Set - 200 Each
    -Rapid Fire Missile Launcher
    -Concentrated Tachyon Mine Launcher
    -Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console (11% Mine/Torp Damage, 46% Power Transfer Rate, +17 SS Flow Capacitors)
    Holographic Drone Pet - 75
    Jackal Mastiff Puppy - 50
    Earrings (Dangling/Intertwined/Backed) - 50 each
    Fighter Pet - 30
    Fed Clothes:
    -Ferengi Entrepreneur Jacket - 150
    -Ferengi Merchant Jacket - 100
    -Ferengi Merchant Open Female Jacket - 150
    -Ferengi Entrepreneur Open Fem Jacket - 200
    -Ferengi Merchant's Skirt - 100
    -Ferengi Entrepreneur's Skirt - 150
    KDF Clothes:
    -KDF Warrior Skirt - 100
    -KDF Warrior Decorated Skirt - 150

And here's the bonuses for the Ferengi Space Set as seen via my Gorn Captain.
    2 - Sector Space Tycoon
    Reduce EC prices of Sector Space vendors by 20%

3- A Lifetime Of Experience
    +10% Commendation XP Bonus

Ferengi D'Kora Special Bonus - Friends In High Places
    Summons special frieghter with unique DO Assignments.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    Ferengi D'kora ship specs

(can load dual cannons)
    36,000 hull
    450 crew
    shield mod 1.05
    Turn rate 8
    impulse mod 0.15

4/4 weapons
    4 device slots

3 engi console
    3 sci console
    3 tac console

Bo slots

1 Cmdr Eng
    1 Lt sci
    1 Lt tac
    1 Lt Cmdr universal
    1 Eng universal

comes with a special console as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    also has a special bridge like the galor/jem bug

but this one has.... MAIL, EXCHANGE, BANK access...PLUS a Holo-Leta for Dabo access.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    What's funny is that half the stuff people are bitching about is bitching for the sake of bitching. Apparently the Mugato veteran pet was never a combat pet, and they never claimed it would be.

The rest of it is boils down to people bitching about how "Ferengi ideals have no place in Star Trek" or some other tripe.

Archonex on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Feregni set bonus is kind of cool. The doff assignment takes 500 gpl and no doffs, 20 hours, and gives you a big pile of stuff. Not sure what, but from the screenshots the item boxes are numbered 1, 10, 15, and 15, so it's up there with those Marauding assignments where you loot freighters or strong arm tribute from conquered worlds.
    What's funny is that half the stuff people are bitching about is bitching for the sake of bitching.

STO hit the point about midway through the last lockbox event where most of the bitching stopped even making sense. Heck, before S5 the main complaints were based entirely on dozens of people claiming to have paid C-points for something and lost access to it with S5, despite that thing never costing C-points to begin with. The Klingon whining especially has mutated into a grim parody of itself ever since the Caitian Carrier comment was tossed out.

Edit: And then there's the ridiculous angry reaction to Cryptic actually taking suggestions from their users. Having the boxes drop and selling tradeable keys was popular as a player-proposed compromise to the winter boxes - so that residual lockbox supply would give people a chance to get ships after the end, which isn't doable with the Jem'hadar ship, but was hated when they actually did it. Likewise, filling the lockboxes with piles of fluff items was a player proposed compromise to making them mostly crap with a tiny chance to get something good, and so far the reaction is even WORSE. I'll bet everyone in this thread a zen card that if next time around they give golds a discount on keys or even let them open boxes for free, it'll get even worse.

Hevach on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I am still waiting for more end game content. I heard they were supposed to be remastering Terradome and releasing a new STF. Has there been any word on that yet?

• Options
    Nothing on Terradome, but apparently season 6 is supposed to have several new STFs. They could possibly argue Terradome as new, though, seeing as approximately nobody wants to even think about it in its current form.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Nothing on Terradome, but apparently season 6 is supposed to have several new STFs. They could possibly argue Terradome as new, though, seeing as approximately nobody wants to even think about it in its current form.

They are supposed to be kicking off Season 6 in June, right? I am totally fine with a cash shop and crates if they just give me something to DO with them. I have played through those STFs so many times that it's turned into more of a chore than a game.

I also have a theory. The fewer STFs you have done with that character, the more likely you are to get good drops. I almost think that they decrease your chances of getting good gear every run you make. Earlier on with my Klink, I was getting a prototype ever 3 or so STFs. As of the time I stopped playing, I had been though about 30 STFs with no prototype.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Not sure if they've given a time table. June sounds optimistic, since it's probably May for tribble at the very soonest, and S6 sounds like it's going to be just as major as S4 or 5, both of which were on tribble closer to two months.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Here's the stats for both Ferengi ships off of the newest Dev Diary.
    Fully loaded and ready for battle, these D'Kora Marauders feature everything a Ferengi captain could want, from a Dabo table and onboard Bank, Mail, and Exchange access to the Battle Module 3000, a powerful piece of technology that gives the ship the ability to fire an EMP Burst that will drain power from pursuing enemy ships. But that's not all! When fully engaged, the Battle Module 3000 will transform the D'Kora Marauder, opening several ports and conduits and improving the ship's weapons and engines. The EMP Burst is disabled, but a Swarm Missile System is revealed. After all, "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"!

About the D'Kora Marauder:

- Hull Strength: 36,000
    - Shield Modifier: 1.05
    - Crew: 450
    - Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
    - Device Slots: 4
    - Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Engineering , 1 Lieutenant Science
    - Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 3 Science
    - Base Turn Rate: 8 degrees per second
    - Impulse Modifier: 0.15
    - +5 Power to All Subsystems
    - +50 Starship Hull Plating and Armor Reinforcements when in Defensive Mode
    - Onboard Dabo Table
    - Onboard access to the Bank, Mail, Exchange
    - Ferengi Trade DOff contact
    - Can equip Cannons
    - Console - Universal - Battle Module 3000 (EMP Pulse; Battle Mode: Swarm Missiles, +30 Energy and Projectile Weapons Training)

In addition to its standard capabilities, Ferengi Shuttles come equipped with a Metaphasic Shield Array. Activating your Metaphasic Shield reroutes energy from all systems into shields, allowing the Na'Far shuttle to be extremely resistant to incoming damage while also converting a portion of that damage into additional shield power. Although the Metaphasic Shield only lasts a short amount of time, sometimes a few seconds is all you need to live to haggle another day!

All Na'Far equipment, including the Metaphasic Shield Array, can only can be used on small craft.

- Hull Strength: 6,000 (increases as you level)
    - Shield Modifier: 0.5
    - Crew: 8
    - Weapons: 2 Fore
    - Device Slots: 1
    - Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Universal
    - Console Modifications: 1 Tactical, 1 Engineering, 1 Science
    - Base Turn Rate: 23 degrees per second
    - Impulse Modifier: 0.25
    - +5 Engine Power
    - +50 Starship Hull Plating and Armor Reinforcements
    - Phaser Bank with 360-degree fire that increases in effectiveness as you level
    - Photon Torpedo Launcher that increases in effectiveness as you level
    - Metaphasic Shield Array

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Bit disappointed in the D'kora's setup - it's another Excelsior take like the Galor was, but at least more durable to answer the main argument that the Galor was so flimsy. Though it's neat that they found a way to include the battle mode - it actually did the same thing in TNG, revealing vital systems but also opening its missile ports. There's just too damn many cruisers, though I guess it's hard to count ultra-rares in the main lineups.

That shuttle is pretty decent, though, it's hard to fit add-ons on a shuttle, so stuff like this shield and the Yellowstone engine are more attractive than consoles.

Hevach on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hevach wrote: »
    The Feregni set bonus is kind of cool. The doff assignment takes 500 gpl and no doffs, 20 hours, and gives you a big pile of stuff. Not sure what, but from the screenshots the item boxes are numbered 1, 10, 15, and 15, so it's up there with those Marauding assignments where you loot freighters or strong arm tribute from conquered worlds.
    What's funny is that half the stuff people are bitching about is bitching for the sake of bitching.

STO hit the point about midway through the last lockbox event where most of the bitching stopped even making sense. Heck, before S5 the main complaints were based entirely on dozens of people claiming to have paid C-points for something and lost access to it with S5, despite that thing never costing C-points to begin with. The Klingon whining especially has mutated into a grim parody of itself ever since the Caitian Carrier comment was tossed out.

Edit: And then there's the ridiculous angry reaction to Cryptic actually taking suggestions from their users. Having the boxes drop and selling tradeable keys was popular as a player-proposed compromise to the winter boxes - so that residual lockbox supply would give people a chance to get ships after the end, which isn't doable with the Jem'hadar ship, but was hated when they actually did it. Likewise, filling the lockboxes with piles of fluff items was a player proposed compromise to making them mostly crap with a tiny chance to get something good, and so far the reaction is even WORSE. I'll bet everyone in this thread a zen card that if next time around they give golds a discount on keys or even let them open boxes for free, it'll get even worse.

Here's a drinking game for you. Any time someone makes a topic about carriers, count the number of posts in the first three pages bitching about KDF purity or some-such crap. Take a shot every time anyone mentions the KDF having to be special snowflakes to keep them interesting. Deduct a shot if someone actually points out that if all the KDF has going for it is a special ship type, then maybe they need better content.

Likewise, any time anyone mentions adding new stuff to the C-Store, count the number of people in the first few pages going "FERENGI IDEALS IN MY STAR TREK/RUINED FOREVER/CASH GRABBING SONSABITCHES!", because apparently we live in a post-cash society like in Star Trek and they can develop this game for free.

By the way, enjoy your fatal alcohol poisoning. The STO forum community is a shithole filled with the sort of people who'd be likely to tell you to "stop having fun in that game, guys!", because it didn't adhere to some insane definition of canon they have. You can blame them for why the Federation doesn't have carriers, most likely. Despite them showing up in DS9, and it being pretty goddamn obvious that they exist in-game, what with the squadrons of fighters in deep KDF space you can destroy.

I made 800 C-store points off of Dilithium yesterday. Given how easy it is for me to get C-Points with all the high level characters I have at this point, I'm sorely tempted to blow it all on keys just to spite those sort of people.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    I will continue to pay set prices for worthwhile items in the c-store, while also continuing to frown disapprovingly at the idea of gambling real life monies for similar items.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So what do you have to do to get loot boxes?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    They'll drop on their own in missions and STFs.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    The catch being that you'll spend a variable amount of money unlocking them to get an item on its loot table. I can see why people are pissed.
    I will continue to pay set prices for worthwhile items in the c-store, while also continuing to frown disapprovingly at the idea of gambling real life monies for similar items.

word.

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    The only thing I'm :v: about is the abysmal drop rate for Lobi crystals and that they're bound. Opened 5 boxes just to see what kind of numbers I'd see and it was 1, 1, 2, 10, and 1. Still, that photonic doff is calling to me, argh.

As for the D'kora, I'll wait til it drops under 100 mil and split the difference with all the EC I've farmed.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    so for a shuttle, you'll need to be shelling out about 600 million in EC on keys?

I like that the marauder comes with a dabo table and bank/exchange on its bridge though

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    News about tomorrow's event is up.
    Sometimes exploration of new ideas and new technologies leads to dark places. In Star Trek, we’ve seen many a cautionary tale about omniscient supercomputers, time travel, genetic manipulation, and telepathic oppression. The pursuit of knowledge isn’t always safe or pretty.

Hearts and Minds is a new mini-mission that explores the consequences of some unconventional research gone awry. This mission is a “story in one act,” so you can easily finish it in a quick play session, and it’s easy to complete it with any additional characters that you may have on your account – which is handy, because the mission offers some special unique rewards.

Since Hearts and Minds is a horror story, it will only be around for Friday the 13th, whenever that may fall on the calendar – and perhaps another sufficiently horrifying day that we might choose! Fortunately for the squeamish, Hearts and Minds is creepy, but not graphically gruesome.

After all, what you can imagine is sometimes more horrific than anything you can be shown.

Hearts and Minds takes place in the Donatu sector of the Eta Eridani sector block, at a lunar research station in the Donatu system. Both Starfleet (level 5+) and KDF officers (level 21+) can accept this mission. Hail Franklin Drake (Starfleet officers) or K’Men (Klingon officers) to undertake this mission. It will be available this time from around 6pm PDT on Thursday, April 12, until around 6am PDT on Saturday, April 14.

• Options
    Wren wrote: »
    so for a shuttle, you'll need to be shelling out about 600 million in EC on keys?

According to some posts on the official forums and from people chilling on drozana you can get 50 and 100 crystal drops. I'd wager those odds arent much higher than getting a ship however.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay wow the boxes drop quick. I got the combat fighter thing, combat drone, and a Neutrino deflector array

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    getting them to drop is the easy part, getting anything good from them is the hard part

tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Huh have not actually done any STFs since they broke them up and made then queueable. Just did one elite and two normal space ones with pubs and no problems.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Huh have not actually done any STFs since they broke them up and made then queueable. Just did one elite and two normal space ones with pubs and no problems.

Yes most of the time they are fine (as stfs are easy). It's when you encounter the bad ones that you will be screaming and weeping.

• Options
    TalonSETalonSE Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Cobell wrote: »

Yes most of the time they are fine (as stfs are easy). It's when you encounter the bad ones that you will be screaming and weeping.
    I do believe you'll be encountering the bad ones more often now as Gozer has emerged from his lair to announce the following:

Prototech drop rates will be "slightly" increased.
    KA ground is being redone to prevent "speed runs." 15m timer starts as soon as you leave the 1st room and you will no longer be able to avoid the Borg by jumping over the edge.
    There will be a death penalty. Each time you respawn an additional 15 seconds is added to your respawn timer, up to a max of 2 minutes per respawn. Still getting 1-shot in space elites? He knows this and does not care as fixing that is not his problem.

Here's the contents of his original post from this thread.
    Hi Folks,

Just wanted to drop in and give you info on a STF update that "should" be in next weeks (04/20/12) patch to Holodeck.

All STFs -

Drop rate for Mark XII Borg Tech has been slightly increased for Elite difficulty.

A new Death / Re-spawn timer has been added to all ground and space STFs on both difficulty settings (Normal / Elite) - More information on how this works below.

KA Ground (Normal / Elite) -

Players must defeat the Borg in the upper level of the facility before they can proceed into the lower portion of the base. This means players can no longer run past and or totally ignore the Borg in the upper levels of the base.

The optional objective timer will now start as soon as players leave the first room (the one you spawn into).

New Re-spawn Mechanic -

Currently in the game when a player is defeated the "Re-Spawn" button appears after 15 seconds. This happens every 15 seconds no matter how many time a player dies on any given map / mission.

After the next patch the re-spawn mechanic on STFs (and only on STFs at the moment) will work a little differently.

Every time a player dies and re-spawns on a STF the time for the "Re-Spawn" button to appear will get a little longer. This timer starts at 15 seconds and increments an additional 15 seconds each time a player dies and uses the button to re-spawn. The re-spawn timer will keep going up until the cap is reached. The cap is 120 seconds (2 full min).

On ground STFs dead players can still be revived by other team members (assuming they are still alive of course) and bypass the new timer.

There is also an attrition timer that will reset the built up extra re-spawn time on the player if the player goes 5 min without a defeat / re-spawn.

Let me give you an example...

I die the first time - 15 sec before I can re-spawn
    I die again (in less than 5 min from the last death) - 30 sec before I can re-spawn
    I die again (in less than 5 min from the last death) - 45 sec before I can re-spawn

I think you see where this is going... all the way up to 120 seconds.

However if at any point the time between deaths exceeds 5 min, the reset timer is set back down to the default 15 seconds, and the stacking is reset.

Goz

TalonSE on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    I like to believe that Gozer is just a pseudonym Emmert uses whenever he wants to announce/do something unpopular.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    ah good, glad they're making the only enjoyable ground STF unenjoyable again

they've got their fingers on the pulse of the community

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    HAHAHAHA. WHAT. I thought you were kidding about that timer!

The timer starts when you leave the first room of the mission? What the hell is he smoking? What the hell kind of game is he even playing?

It takes most players about a minute to take down an elite drone. There are multiple instances of them present on the way down. Nevermind the heavy tacs, travel time, trash groups, and the inevitable fuck-ups that come because people are not machines, and cannot move in perfect lock-step union to complete an instance. And don't forget that the ground and space game are heavily bugged in terms of balance and graphical issues still. Like the fact that the insta-kill torps cubes have are invisible and you won't know to shoot them down.

That's not even enough time to clear the place out and get down to the proper room you're supposed to be racing the timer against. I say this as someone who runs with a full group of people with full MKXI set gear and load-outs optimized to take down the Borg.

Fuck Gozer. Fuck him in his gnarly, cancer ridden asshole. What the hell is wrong with him? Something's too easy for your "fuck the people who don't poop-sock" beliefs? The answer isn't to break it.

Archonex on
  • Options
    Just did the Friday The 13th event. It's short but pretty spooky. If you want to see one of the rewards, click on the box below but be warned that it kinda spoils some of the mission.
    E01Jl.jpg

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Archonex wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA. WHAT. I thought you were kidding about that timer!

The timer starts when you leave the first room of the mission? What the hell is he smoking? What the hell kind of game is he even playing?

It takes most players about a minute to take down an elite drone. There are multiple instances of them present on the way down. Nevermind the heavy tacs, travel time, trash groups, and the inevitable fuck-ups that come because people are not machines, and cannot move in perfect lock-step union to complete an instance. And don't forget that the ground and space game are heavily bugged in terms of balance and graphical issues still. Like the fact that the insta-kill torps cubes have are invisible and you won't know to shoot them down.

That's not even enough time to clear the place out and get down to the proper room you're supposed to be racing the timer against. I say this as someone who runs with a full group of people with full MKXI set gear and load-outs optimized to take down the Borg.

Fuck Gozer. Fuck him in his gnarly, cancer ridden asshole. What the hell is wrong with him? Something's too easy for your "fuck the people who don't poop-sock" beliefs? The answer isn't to break it.

Has he ever stated anywhere that he actually plays the game?

edit: So earlier today my Klingon got a Gold Ferengi Box, I can't afford to spend money on the keys so I decided to sell it in the exchange. When I realized that I couldn't hold more then 10 million credits I put it in for 9 million, of course it sold in seconds. An hour later while someone was buying the mystery boxes I was putting in for 80k I capped out and spent most of my EC on replacing some of my Common and Uncommon Consoles. I hope to see some improvements with my performance in STFs.

Seg on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, there's something about the F13 event I should probably warn you guys about. I'll put it in the box though to avoid spoiling anything for those who want to go in blind.
    After you get rid of some initial opposition, the room you're in starts filling up with gas. To shut it off, you have to solve one of those chip-puzzles even as your health starts dropping. If you die, I believe the console becomes destroyable. However, you can avoid being gassed by wearing an EVA suit. Not sure if you can earn a special accolade if you don't die but I just wanted to let you guys know.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Oh yeah, there's something about the F13 event I should probably warn you guys about. I'll put it in the box though to avoid spoiling anything for those who want to go in blind.
    After you get rid of some initial opposition, the room you're in starts filling up with gas. To shut it off, you have to solve one of those chip-puzzles even as your health starts dropping. If you die, I believe the console becomes destroyable. However, you can avoid being gassed by wearing an EVA suit. Not sure if you can earn a special accolade if you don't die but I just wanted to let you guys know.

It's better then that.

I brought the Jem'Hadar BO along. I had him equipped with 20 units of Ketracel White and a Bat'leth.

What did he do when that started happening? The funniest thing ever, that's what.
    He pulled a Harrison Ford on it. While I was frantically busy trying to figure out the puzzle, he calmly walked up to it, ate a unit of Ketracel White, and then drop kicked the console, causing it to explode and turning off the gas
    before turning around and assuming his standard position behind my character like nothing had happened.

Then to add to the hilarity at the end of the mission he
    Gave that generic "Oh wow, i've never seen clones before! So this is why cloning is bad, huh captain?" line.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Archonex wrote: »
    Then to add to the hilarity at the end of the mission he
    Gave that generic "Oh wow, i've never seen clones before! So this is why cloning is bad, huh captain?" line.

While I know it would generally be an immense amount of work, moments of hilarity like this make me wish doff race was a factor in dialog.

Other examples include my Breen telling me we don't know much about the Breen and my Borg saying, "Captain, what are Omega particles?"

On the horror front, the mission fell pretty flat. It did a good job of examining one of the ethical questions that the show usually responded to with almost religious zeal (I'm still a bit dumfounded about Riker gunning down sleeping humans in cold blood because they're clones), but if they want to call it "horror" they need to get whoever worked the magic on What Lies Beneath in there.

Hevach on
  • Options
    http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt161/01gpgt/reman.jpg

This snuck in last patch, and is apparently a preview of the Vault Event that's on the calendar.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    So with my dilithium farming idea working out, i'm making about 200-250 C-store points a day.

Question though. Should I support Cryptic and blow it all on hookers and blow Ferengi lockboxes, or get to about 1.5K point and buy $15 more, then nab the three pack of Odysseys. Having a super ship that can do anything sounds really nice. Especially having enjoyed my Galaxy X before awhile, before I decided to shelve it on my tactical in favor of the sheer destructive firepower of a well built fleet escort. This is doubly so with the upcoming changes to make STF's a bitch to do.

The new store and items sound really nice. Though, I really don't want them to be encouraged to keep this lockbox stuff up for too long. It's pretty goddamn ridiculous that this lockbox update introduced more meaningful content then the last few content updates.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    If you're going to go the lockbox route, make sure you're only opening gold lockboxes. The number of crystals you get take a big jump.

I lucked out on 3 golds last night and ended up +70 crystals from the deal.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    I would personally wait until the price on cpoints drop, its pretty inflated right now. unless theres a cap on dil

tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    They really should make the crystals unbound.
    I can't imagine how many boxes one need to unlock in order to get the top-tier, it's just disheartening for most of us not planning on buying any keys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Got a Borg shield tec last night and got the Maco shield. Looks kinda cool. Like my ship is made out of carbon fiber. I'm assuming I have to run ground STFs to get a chance at the ground armor tec? They look pretty cool.

• Options
    That's correct Tim. Normal for Mk X and XI, Elite for XI and XII.

ECOED.jpg
This discussion has been closed.