As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines - All finished and updated (finally)

123457»

• Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Press the crouch button in mid-air after pressing the jump button. In many source engine games this will let you jump onto platforms you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Edit: Did you use a mod or something to turn VV's outfit purple rather than red or is that just the game being glitchy?

Tertiee on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    He used a mod. Like he said, VV glitched out and her model would crash the game, so he had to change it.

Also, new set is up...Is...Is helloween firing a gun from third person? How is THAT possible?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:
    He used a mod. Like he said, VV glitched out and her model would crash the game, so he had to change it.

Also, new set is up...Is...Is helloween firing a gun from third person? How is THAT possible?

It's no trick... you just press the 3rd Person View button and shoot. I mean I never used it, but it's not like it's a hack or something.

• Options
    Really? I cant remember that ever WORKING for me. I always thought you were locked in 1st person when using a gun, and you'd put it away when you went into third.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:
    Really? I cant remember that ever WORKING for me. I always thought you were locked in 1st person when using a gun, and you'd put it away when you went into third.

Maybe Wesp5's fan patch fixes it?

I know you can shoot in 3rd person with it.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    It is actually possible that it was added in later, it's literally been years since I played it the first time and the details are hazy.

• Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    I played with just the official 1.2 patch a few years and I'm pretty sure it let you do that. On the other hand first person melee fighting requires some tweaking.

• Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Unless the current version on steam isn't the latest official patch, its not from a mod. You just have to press Z to change from 1st/3rd person. Handy thing to know, since it sometimes switched on me and I had no idea how to go back.

My girlfriend shoots in 3rd person, I think she's crazy for doing so, but she is playing Malkavian.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    *dusts off thread*

Loving the LP still, guess everyone is just watching via subscription on youtube like I do. Any idea what you're going to play next, Helloween?

edit:

Well done as always. You had my favorite ending too:
    Love the player character flipping off everyone and walking away like a boss.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    *dusts off thread*

Loving the LP still, guess everyone is just watching via subscription on youtube like I do. Any idea what you're going to play next, Helloween?

edit:

Well done as always. You had my favorite ending too:
    Love the player character flipping off everyone and walking away like a boss.

Yeah, I just watched from my Sub box as well. It's entirely too easy to forget about the thread. Great playthrough, though, and entertaining for someone who hadn't played the game but intends to in the future when I don't have a shite computer.

Are you still planning on showing off some of the entertaining dialogue options for the Malkavian character?

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    I don't think Helloween actually visits the forums much anymore. Klyka said he hates the new layout, so he MIGHT not answer.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    With the Penny-Arcade "Darkened" theme I actually like it better than the old layout in many ways, but oh well.

Seems odd even if he didn't like the layout that Helloween wouldn't update the thread showing that the LP is over. H-Ween is a pretty classy cat.

• Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Sorry guys, yeah I've totally forgot to update the thread. I shall get on that after work today. Totally my fault.

One, yeah the new forums makes updating my stuff take about ten times longer, and two, it seems to be down a lot for me? at lkeast every time I try and check. Works ok here at work though, so eh? As for the questions, as you've prob guessed I'm playing Alice now and I'm going to try and show off the endings when I can and some Malk stuff :)

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It isn't just you, but no one is going to blame you for getting frustrated and never wanting to come back.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Yeah. It's not just you. I'll be waiting for an Alice thread so I can talk about how much I absolutely love her dresses. :P

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU again for LPing this game. Watching your LP of this made me pick up the game and I LOVE it. Played it as a Malkavian, then Brujah (which is a lot of fun when you spend all your points on Brawl and Celerity) and now I am doing a Femmisaac run with all stats maxed out (hooray, cheats) for maximum badassery. HELL YEAH!

• Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Hey guys. Apologies for the slacking. The thread is now all up to date (though i'm sure anyone who cared already saw the end). For completions sake more than anything. I didnt like leaving this high and dry for so long. But yeah. Thanks for watching!

See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:

Understandable. Whenever you switch to a firearm, it automatically switches you to 1st person, just like how switching to melee or unarmed switches you to 3rd person. However, with firearms, you can switch BACK to 3rd person. There's little reason to do it, since your character ends up blocking most of the screen, so accuracy would end up sucking, but it can prevent you from getting flanked or surprised.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234