As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terraria! Soon with: Criticals! Inventory Management! FAQ: Its a DEMON ALTAR dammit!

• Options
    ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Did I miss something? I'm getting hit for like 16 damage by Soul Eaters with full shadowscale armor on, and there are always like 5 of them in corruption zones. Makes finding shadow orbs to summon eater of worlds a bitch.

EDIT: Ok, it's 12 with the full suit on, but still, this is stupid.

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Argus wrote: »
    Did I miss something? I'm getting hit for like 16 damage by Soul Eaters with full shadowscale armor on, and there are always like 5 of them in corruption zones. Makes finding shadow orbs to summon eater of worlds a bitch.

EDIT: Ok, it's 12 with the full suit on, but still, this is stupid.

Well there are different sizes of them now, the damage and HP differs I think.

Zek on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The hornets in the jungle come in various sizes too.

Henroid on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So patch #6 is gonna add something that will make my life easier.
    When looking inside a chest or your piggy bank, there are two new options: Loot All, and Quick Stack. Loot All is pretty self explanatory, but the Quick Stack option should make hording all your goodies a much easier task. This will look through every item in your inventory that can be stacked with an item in your chests, and place it there. The idea is that after returning from an expedition you can simply run past all your chests and click the button to quickly store all your new items, while keeping them organized the same way.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-0-6-progress-part-1.37784/

That all sounds pretty great actually. I think there needs to be a backpack slot for bigger inventory though. With potions and seeds and flowers and shit it just keeps getting harder to collect stuff.

Zek on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Definitely like those changes.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'd like to see stack sizes on building materials raised to 500, just for convieniance.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Rami wrote: »
    I'd like to see stack sizes on building materials raised to 500, just for convieniance.

^ This right here. It's way too easy to stack up 250 which just takes up tons and tons of inventory space. I'd say "go for 999" but that's asking for quite a lot. 500 makes a good middleground.

Henroid on
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Been trying to join the Underdark server on this, but not able to connect - guessing the server port needs to be changed from 7777 to something else?

Loathing on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I had an easier time getting gold by building up to floating islands, rather than dealing with water/enemies/whatever buy digging down.

Guess I'm gonna go this route on my first world.

So... zombies and floating eye balls. I should expect those on my first night?

Sheep on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I wonder, do you people who claim to have money issues hoard your bars and gems? They sell for quite a lot.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Be sure to hoard diamonds and rubies though, they're a bitch to find.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Copper makes for good money. After I'm beyond it for my needs, I sell it. It doesn't make an attractive building material (bricks or background). Though, I'm not sure if copper ore sells for more than copper bars, or if the math is equal.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So...any decent MP servers to play on?

Loathing on
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Loathing wrote: »
    Been trying to join the Underdark server on this, but not able to connect - guessing the server port needs to be changed from 7777 to something else?

It's probably not up.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I wonder if anyone has gotten a blood moon on the first night. I bet that was fun for 'em.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Uh, so I found this spiky square thing underground in a little lake of water. Doesn't do anything to me, just kinda shoots little bits of black smoke out, and when I hit it with a hammer I take damage. The hell is this thing?

Loathing on
  • Options
    ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Uh, so I found this spiky square thing underground in a little lake of water. Doesn't do anything to me, just kinda shoots little bits of black smoke out, and when I hit it with a hammer I take damage. The hell is this thing?

Demon Altar

Spoilers in Wiki

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Neat!

Loathing on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm actually trying to build all/most of my tower out of copper and hellstone. I find copper a very attractive building material. *shrug*

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The FAQ does little to deter the confusion that is demon altars.

Henroid on
  • Options
    kyleh613kyleh613 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone has gotten a blood moon on the first night. I bet that was fun for 'em.

I got a blood moon pretty early on. If it wasn't for the message that pops up, I wouldnt have even noticed it because I was deep underground.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    CelethangCelethang Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm pretty sure the very first night I played the game was a blood moon. Thankfully, I had been watching the PBat LPs of the game and knew what the message meant. I still panicked and dug a tiny shelter in the ground while hordes of slavering undead hungered for my brains.

I can only imagine how terrifying it would be if it happened like that to someone that didn't know much about the game going in.

Celethang on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Killed the boss I needed to kill, in order to enter my worlds dungeon. The dungeon was underwhelming though, picked up like 6 golden chests however.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Henroid wrote: »

When I started my server I got a blood moon first night (and it started at night) in the middle of an empty desert. That was awhile ago before deserts were a thing, but man it was fun not being able to build a shelter.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Technically, blood moons should require you to have over 120 life (so, collected two crystal hearts), so it's unlikely you get one on your first night. But, hey, other stuff's broken for odd reasons, so this one could be too.

Garthor on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The only thing worse than having my plan to flood Hell fail due to evaporating water was looking online and finding out that this was a recent change.

Cantide on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Don't feel too bad, I actually did manage to flood parts of hell before the change but hellslimes make really quick work of water.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I haven't even been into the underworld yet since 1.0.5, but I play the game rather light considering.

Henroid on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    they added a lot of new enemies, henroid

go check it out

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    they added a lot of new enemies, henroid

go check it out

Yeah yeah, Mighty has been on my case about it.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Flooding Hell is still worth it because that way you can cap the lava pits with obsidian. Makes navigating the area much easier.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

It's probably not up.

I had it down for a few days, due to technical difficulties on my end.

It's back up now, and we just finished a pretty big session (Had about 12 players online.). If I can figure out how to host it remotely i'll do that too, and have it up 24/7.

In other news, the Underdark has some improvements made to it. We've almost got the supplies needed to set up alchemy farms underground (And in fact have alot of the necessary gear in place already.), meaning we can start to make spelunking potions, soon.

Spelunking potions are really useful in Hardcore mode. As they let you re-gear, and get surplus ore really damn fast.

We already have something like 100+ copper bars laying around from using about five of them, and way too much spare ore.

The address is still the same as before. 72.45.30.219. Port 7777 (Default port.). It's usually up sometime after noon, EST, and stays up until the early morning of the next day, before going down for a few hours.

Archonex on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So I got home from work around 5pm today. Thought hey, I should get a couple of the really cheap games off steam before the sale ends, I forgot to do so last night.

By 6pm I had showered, had dinner, and they had finished installing. Think ok I'll try terraria first.

930pm rolls around and I had only meant to be there for half an hour to try it out for a few before going back to painting, fucking hell.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    leaf wrote: »
    So I got home from work around 5pm today. Thought hey, I should get a couple of the really cheap games off steam before the sale ends, I forgot to do so last night.

By 6pm I had showered, had dinner, and they had finished installing. Think ok I'll try terraria first.

930pm rolls around and I had only meant to be there for half an hour to try it out for a few before going back to painting, fucking hell.

Terraria is crazy addictive. It's so easy to get caught up in doing whatever it is you are doing and there is a lot to do. I have so many goals i've yet to complete and it's going to take dozens of hours to do everything. This is one of the best games i've played in months.

kyleh613 on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I found it to drop off steeply in addiction level once I had the best gear I could get.

But then I start just looking around and collecting all the spells and building massive flying hellstone fortresses and skybridges and looking for new spells and creating a huge alchemy farm.

Walt on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Where the hell are spells? All I can do I make great armor and weapons. I didn't know about spells until the other day. Yet to find one.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Machismo wrote: »
    Where the hell are spells? All I can do I make great armor and weapons. I didn't know about spells until the other day. Yet to find one.

There aren't any. Some weapons use mana to attack is all.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Machismo wrote: »

There aren't any. Some weapons use mana to attack is all.

... smartass. :P

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I was confused about the spell thing at first too. I wonder if there will be any traditional spells added eventually.

kyleh613 on