As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3: Now You're Thinking with Two Screens - Wii U Photos in OP

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kid Icarus look like it was made by Sonic Team.

august on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When I was trying out the 3ds at Pax East, it just seemed like the 3D mode made the game look shittier, while adding 3d.

Like, if you turned the slider off of 3d mode on the Resident Evil game, it looked infinitely better than when you turned it on. Colors got sharper, the image looked crisp and high res. Not to mention that you didn't have to look at it just right in order to see the 3d.

Langly on
    edited June 2011
    In 3d mode the 3DS has to render twice the frames at half the resolution.

august on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Having to look at the 3DS just right to get the 3D isn't really a problem though. You hold it in your hands. And adjust it as you need to.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's a problem though, when you're on something that moves or vibrates a lot, like a train or bus or ship or a room during an earthquake.

Langly on
    edited June 2011
    I think if you are in a position where you are being jostled enough that it is badly disrupting the 3D effect, you shouldn't even be playing a handheld game and should be trying to hold onto something.

edit: really though, you can just turn the 3D off and on super easy, though there are people who thing it is dumb to ever have to turn off the 3D and think it defeats the entire purpose of the system.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    if it defeated the point of the system, they wouldnt have made it an option to turn it off

Kusuguttai on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think Kane & Lynch might have broken IO's collective brains.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited June 2011
    If some portion of your audience is going to shoot their way through the game might as well throw some cover in there I guess.

august on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My one problem with the Hitman games is that it's a lot of trial and error...

...so by the time you're passing levels you're more or less using precognition to kill guys like a really shitty Dr. Manhattan.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    jaws_ultpred_3ds_box_shot_rp.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    jaws_ultpred_3ds_box_shot_rp.jpg

YES YES YES

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jaws in 3D?

It'll never work!

Tallahasseeriel on
    edited June 2011
    Jaws19-2.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    The 3D didn't bother my eyes but then again.. no 3D has bothered my eyes.

The graphics do look a little rough though. I was expecting more graphics after what I've seen the system can do. Less jagged edges?

I'm probably alone in not being too impressed with Kid Icarus though. But that could be because I have no idea how it is going to control or play at all. But it was also a little rough around the edges.

Like the new Mario looked super clean.

Kid Icarus looks like Star Fox and therefore boring

Garlic Bread on
    edited June 2011
    Keith wrote: »
    The 3D didn't bother my eyes but then again.. no 3D has bothered my eyes.

The graphics do look a little rough though. I was expecting more graphics after what I've seen the system can do. Less jagged edges?

I'm probably alone in not being too impressed with Kid Icarus though. But that could be because I have no idea how it is going to control or play at all. But it was also a little rough around the edges.

Like the new Mario looked super clean.

Kid Icarus looks like Star Fox and therefore boring

Star Fox is coming out on 9/11

which is mildly amusing

also you suck for not liking Star Fox

Kid Icarus does look dumb, though

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i wonder if anyone

anywhere

is sincerely excited for a new mario party

honestly?

If I had anyone to play it with, I would be

TheySlashThem on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2011
    the avclub's write up of e3 is up and they have possibly the most bitter dude available on it, it's crazy

DJ Eebs on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I love the avclub's tv stuff but their vidya game section is kinda lame

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure the cover shooting is in there in case you fuck up

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the avclub's write up of e3 is up and they have possibly the most bitter dude available on it, it's crazy

it was a hilarious write-up. their video game section is basically awful though. didn't they give that mario bros wii game a D or something? hilarious.

Clint Eastwood on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2011
    dudes gave littlebigplanet 2 a b or something and as far as I could tell that was based on "it's a sequel"

DJ Eebs on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    little big planet 1 was pretty awful though

Clint Eastwood on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    dudes gave littlebigplanet 2 a b or something and as far as I could tell that was based on "it's a sequel"

If I say something different from the majority then I'm edgy, independent and without bias.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    AV Club's Mass Effect 3 write up makes me sad, especially when coupled with the fact that the stage demo was just a fucking turret sequence. In Mass Effect. A turret sequence.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    little big planet 1 was pretty awful though

No it wasnt

Speed Racer on
    edited June 2011
    yes, it was. the little dorks you play as handled like crap.

Clint Eastwood on
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    if you're looking at it that way, then yes, it was sorely lacking

but it made up for it with loads of creativity and just plain good times

what I am trying to say is that if you don't like littlebigplanet you have no soul

BugBoy on
    edited June 2011
    If a game's controls are shit then I don't care how creative and magical and precious it is.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If a game's controls are shit then I don't care how creative and magical and precious it is and also I have a burning hatred for all things wonderful and full of joy.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    everyone who says the liked LBP liked the controls for LBP
    everyone who says they disliked LBP disliked the controls for LBP

:O :O :O

unintentional on
    edited June 2011
    Would now be a good time for me to mention how retarded Doctor Who is

Clint Eastwood on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    everyone who likes Doctor Who likes the controls in Doctor Who
    everyone who dislikes Doctor Who dislikes the controls in Doctor Who, as they are too floaty etc

:O :O :O

unintentional on
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    next you're going to tell me bow ties aren't cool

Butler For Life #1 on
    edited June 2011
    I liked LBP1.

I hated the controls in it though. Way too floaty.

Artreus on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the shark levels in little big planet were the most fun

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I liked LBP1.

I hated the controls in it though. Way too floaty.
    same here. the controls bugged me, but there was just too much awesome stuff going on around the crappy controls. couldn't help but enjoy the experience

Houk the Namebringer on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Would now be a good time for me to mention how retarded Doctor Who is

I'm just gonna point out that Clint Eastwood sang in a musical.

Nothing will ever be as retarded as that.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nope sorry.

No liking flawed things.

We can only like things that are the very defintion of perfection.

Such as [forum poster who is not you]'s penis.

Blake T on