As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Another turtle [chat]

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    holy fuck. super rage cat that spits blood as a superpower.

I can't believe I never got into comic books before.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so what stats should i choose if i dont want to gimp myself in FO:NV

I like sneaky gun/energy weapons guys

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

I went to my old, emptied out apartment to train with Pony

AND I LEFT MY FUCKING KEYS THERE

JESUS CHRIST

So I have to do like two hours+ of transit tomorrow so I can pick up my FUCKING KEYS that have a little scanner thing that I need to get into the building that costs $75 to replace so it's not like I can just get some copies made

JESUS

CHRIST

SUCK A DICK WORLD

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    so what stats should i choose if i dont want to gimp myself in FO:NV

I like sneaky gun/energy weapons guys

No matter what you do you want a decent intelligence and a good speech. It opens up so many options that you're not really getting the full experience without it.

As perks, definitely get small frame and that one that gives you a minus to all your combat skills and pluses to all your non-combat skills.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    gah, Cass, that really fucking sucks

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

This is exactly the reason I never intend to get into comics.

Daxon on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    I figured as much. I'm really bitter about EQ, I guess. It's hard to give any MMO a fair shake at this point.

That's understandable. EQ was pretty shitty.

My attitude is that the amount of time I have to put in is less important than having the option of starting and stopping when I want.

Say a single-player RPG takes 40 hours to complete, while it takes 200 hours to level an MMO character and see some of the endgame content. As long as I'm having fun during those 200 hours, then that's a good value.

But I shouldn't have to schedule those 200 in 4 or 5 hour chunks at primetime, which is what EQ demanded. If you don't have at least 4 hours to blow, don't bother logging on. If it isn't daylight hours or evening hours (in the US), don't bother logging on.

Mass Effect isn't sitting there going, "You have to play me from 7pm to midnight every Tuesday and Thursday night to get anything done!" so my MMO shouldn't either.

A certain amount of that is going to be unavoidable; if a goal requires a group, then you're going to have to play when other people are playing. But there are ways of ameliorating it.

I'm pretty interested in this topic because it's at the intersection of video games and addiction, which are two things I'm interested in.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't trust a developer that would reference The J. Geils Band in order to promote the multiplayer of their train simulator.

trainzsimulator12.png

Gim on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm actually in a pretty good mood because training went really well and life is good in general

I'm just an enormous moron for leaving my keys, Christ

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Prof

Read the funnybooks

Read them ALL

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The novelty of lying in bed with a headache and then throwing up has really worn off, I must say.

desc on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

I went to my old, emptied out apartment to train with Pony

AND I LEFT MY FUCKING KEYS THERE

JESUS CHRIST

So I have to do like two hours+ of transit tomorrow so I can pick up my FUCKING KEYS that have a little scanner thing that I need to get into the building that costs $75 to replace so it's not like I can just get some copies made

JESUS

CHRIST

SUCK A DICK WORLD

I hate it when I do stuff like that. You don't even get the luxury of blaming somebody else!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »

Prof

Read the funnybooks

Read them ALL

When I'm done with Green Lantern I'm gonna read me some Donald Duck.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Stevemarks, Choco is not playing Dead Space any more because my dumb ass came home

He said to pass this message onto you

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The way people discuss drinking has never made sense to me, and always made me wonder why they do it.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I can't even blame Pony because he didn't even see me dump my keys onto the counter, he was in the bathroom. IT WAS ALL ME.

• Options
    edited June 2011

Prof

Read the funnybooks

Read them ALL

Silas: have you read We3?

I fucking love We3.

Cyborg cat, bitches: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Llxf0Z81zHA/ST5VMVTyrmI/AAAAAAAACps/57EHw4g8PEY/s1600/We3-5.jpg

Feral on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Stevemarks, Choco is not playing Dead Space any more because my dumb ass came home

He said to pass this message onto you

Cass tell Choco that I stopped because hockey is on but also because I yelled out "Oh my God!" when a creeper jumped up but I stomp stomp stomped him out of fear and rage :(

then I saved and decided enough for tonight.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Number 15 is proper dedicated to his art.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have locked myself out of my car something like half a dozen times this year. AAA must love me.

Finally got a couple of backups made.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I remember when I first started watching Aaron play Dead Space, he kind of fucked up on the first necromorph fight because holy shit it's the first fight

and the sound Isaac makes in the suit when he is badly injured is horrifying

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Servers seem to be coping much better today.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Leitner wrote: »
    Number 15 is proper dedicated to his art.

Number 6 is actually the remains of a velociraptor that someone dressed up to look like a salaryman.

Gim on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I figured as much. I'm really bitter about EQ, I guess. It's hard to give any MMO a fair shake at this point.

That's understandable. EQ was pretty shitty.

My attitude is that the amount of time I have to put in is less important than having the option of starting and stopping when I want.

Say a single-player RPG takes 40 hours to complete, while it takes 200 hours to level an MMO character and see some of the endgame content. As long as I'm having fun during those 200 hours, then that's a good value.

But I shouldn't have to schedule those 200 in 4 or 5 hour chunks at primetime, which is what EQ demanded. If you don't have at least 4 hours to blow, don't bother logging on. If it isn't daylight hours or evening hours (in the US), don't bother logging on.

Mass Effect isn't sitting there going, "You have to play me from 7pm to midnight every Tuesday and Thursday night to get anything done!" so my MMO shouldn't either.

A certain amount of that is going to be unavoidable; if a goal requires a group, then you're going to have to play when other people are playing. But there are ways of ameliorating it.

I'm pretty interested in this topic because it's at the intersection of video games and addiction, which are two things I'm interested in.

God, yes.

I'm still gonna play the shit out of SWTOR; probably, for, like, three weeks.

Then I'm going to get bored of playing re-skinned WoW, and move on.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Feral wrote: »

Prof

Read the funnybooks

Read them ALL

Silas: have you read We3?

I fucking love We3.

Cyborg cat, bitches: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Llxf0Z81zHA/ST5VMVTyrmI/AAAAAAAACps/57EHw4g8PEY/s1600/We3-5.jpg

I have not, but I've heard it's rather exceptional. Definitely on my list.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Prof

Read the funnybooks

Read them ALL

When I'm done with Green Lantern I'm gonna read me some Donald Duck.

The Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck.

Trust me on this one.

desc on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    thanatos you got the jailed? :(

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also all-star superman, DC New Frontier, and Parker: the Hunted are all very good standalone works. Parker is hard bastard crime, though, not supers.

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    Yeah, every time someone else posts spoilers, I get infracted.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Daxon wrote: »

This is exactly the reason I never intend to get into comics.

a4d029d1065c6c.jpg

theinvisiblesv21300ashayj1.jpg

8061_400x600.jpg

Phonogram+first+six+covers.jpg

omac3.jpg

goodbyechunky.gif

COMICS: nothing but barfing cats as far as the eye can see

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rent wrote: »

And for a completely stupid reason no less. Much like Senj, he should have got a fucking medal for that post instead of an infraction.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That has always been my issue with MMOs.

I don't want a game to dictate things in my life. I have no prolem playing an MMO with friends but every time I think I may be getting into an MMO it's like, I have two days that I can't play and I come back and everyone is two levels ahead.

It seems like if I don't make the MMO my priority I'm left behind.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is there anyway to convince google to only display results before a certain year? There's a date modifier in the advanced search items, but it seems to limit the results in the wrong direction - within the past year.

I'm trying to find when I first started reading A Game of Thrones (a co-worker asked how long I'd been waiting for ADWD, and I'm not sure.). And I'm quite sure one of the reading or fantasy threads here suggested I give it a go. Best I've come up with are some posts back in 2008, but they indicate I had already finished the released books.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    caption0608_2.jpg

um

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gim wrote: »
    I don't trust a developer that would reference The J. Geils Band in order to promote the multiplayer of their train simulator.

trainzsimulator12.png

FUCK. YES.

Finally people can... do train things in real time together.

Like drive along a track. Possibly parallel to another track. Use the wave emote.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    a4d029d1065c6c.jpg
    It was either the Seattle Weekly or the Stranger that did a write-up on the guy who penned that.

He's a Seattle native. It's supposed to be pretty good.
    um
    I believe the phrase you're looking for is "America! FUCK YEAH!"

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SuperbassSuperbass Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

hahaha yes

Geoff Johns did such good things to GL

just wait 'til you get to Blackest Night

Superbass on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am really interested to hear the thoughts of the people who made that game and figured there's a market out there for people who really want to play a train simulator but only if it has a whimsical, funky-fresh Z at the end instead of an S.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.