As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for a mouse for gaming

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Flippy, you're going to have to show me a good mouse pad that isn't nearly as much as the damn mouse.
    I'm actually using a glass mouse pad (Maxtill G2-Pad) with my mouse...was $7 less than the post-rebate mouse :P

On the plus side, it's not going to wear out anytime soon (something metal and plastic pads will do).

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Another vote for the MX518.

I bought mine a week before TES IV: Oblivion came out (March 2006) and I'm still using it.

Doctor Deimos on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Flippy, you're going to have to show me a good mouse pad that isn't nearly as much as the damn mouse.

Steelseries. Anything by them, even the cheaper fabric ones. I use this but have also used cloth from them.

One thing to be careful about, high dpi mice don't generally like cloth. Hence why I switched (and metal is just a better surface anyway if you don't mind some very low-level maintenance every now and then).

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    edit: basically, know whether you lead with your palm or with your fingers. I'm the latter. You can probably figure this out by examining how you play. People who lead with fingers tend to adopt a bit of a 'claw' grip, with fewer points of contact. If you're like this, then a lower-profile mouse with splayed buttons is probably for you. If you're more hands-on (literally) then a bulky device like the Logitech 500 might be your best option.
    Yeah, this is pretty important if you're into FPSes.

I've used a MX 518 for around 5 years now. It's light, comfortable for long periods of use and great for anything that doesn't require precision vertical aiming for me. Thumb buttons and sensitivity button are also a bonus. But getting good accuracy out of it is a real pain, especially if we're talking vertically, for me. I'd much prefer a flatter mouse for accuracy.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I will, as usual, cast my vote for the deathadder, at least if you grip with your fingers and not your palm.

But a lot of that is how much I loved the early intellimouse, and how closely the deathadder matches the shape. If you need lots of buttons, it's definitely not the mouse for you.

Ego on
    Erik
  • Subtly_in_your_MindSubtly_in_your_Mind Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I recently did a compulsive buy on the Cyborg RAT 7 gaming mouse and I have to say I'm really impressed with what I got for $75. The configuration options are pretty extensive, and it surprisingly feels really good in your hand once you've molded it to fit.

The only thing I really take issue with is the weight of the mouse and getting the dpi in a good balance so you don't have too a light a mouse but not a mouse so heavy that you can't make quick movements while in a game. I got it down right, but it took around 30 minutes of experimentation.

Subtly_in_your_Mind on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The MX518 is the Shell Shocker deal over on newegg right now. You can get it for $30 if you order in the next two hours (next Shell Shocker starts at 6pm EDT; 3pm PDT).

TheCanMan on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    So, I'm looking into picking up a new mouse. I'm probably going to be retiring my Razer Orochi from my desktop since the removable USB cord is on the fritz. I originally got it to use with my laptop since it had both USB and wireless bluetooth, but I liked it so much it got promoted to desktop duty. I'm gonna look into getting a warranty replacement but depending on how much shipping they expect me to pay I may just stick with ignoring the usb connector and just use it wirelessly on my laptop. Anyways, I'm looking for something similar but preferably with a more permanent wired connection that won't wear out on me :(

It's a really small funky mouse. I like the fact that I can easily leave my palm floating up behind it but unlike lots of other smaller mice the main buttons are still quite large. I don't need tons of buttons, just my standard forward and back, but I usually play with fairly high dpi and I really dislike mouse acceleration.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So has anyone used the g400 yet? Been thinking of upgrading my mouse. Currently using my laptop mouse which is some small logitech nano thing. Played around with the m510 while i was at target and liked the way it felt in my palm and the location of the side buttons seemed right for me. anyone know how the G400 compare sizewise to m510? I am also considering the g500 but the one thing i hate about my current mouse is the scroll wheel itself is not a button; it has that two mode scroll thing which is useless. It seems like the G500 has that which would unsell me from it.

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »
    I am also considering the g500 but the one thing i hate about my current mouse is the scroll wheel itself is not a button; it has that two mode scroll thing which is useless. It seems like the G500 has that which would unsell me from it.
    That two-mode scroll wheel isn't useless. I don't use it that often, but PDFs and selecting large amounts of text on sites/applications that don't allow for quick scrolling while dragging it helps tons.

That aside, the scroll wheel on the G500 is a button. Pressing down on it gives you a middle-click, and you can scroll left/right or re-program the left/right "buttons" to a different button/command. So it functions like any normal mouse does, and the toggle for the scroll mode is a separate button.

Barrakketh wrote:
    I am also considering the g500 but the one thing i hate about my current mouse is the scroll wheel itself is not a button; it has that two mode scroll thing which is useless. It seems like the G500 has that which would unsell me from it.
    That two-mode scroll wheel isn't useless. I don't use it that often, but PDFs and selecting large amounts of text on sites/applications that don't allow for quick scrolling while dragging it helps tons.

That aside, the scroll wheel on the G500 is a button. Pressing down on it gives you a middle-click, and you can scroll left/right or re-program the left/right "buttons" to a different button/command. So it functions like any normal mouse does, and the toggle for the scroll mode is a separate button.

thats good to know its a separate button.

camo_sig.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I've been using the MX510 for nearly what... 7 years now? It no longer has color in some areas. I love this fucking mouse, and all its iterations (I think I have 3-4 different versions of it strewn about my house).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Not to hijack, but on the off chance anyone has bought the Razer Nostromo recently (since it lost the belkin branding, I guess): Does the space bar button still suck, or did they finally fix it so it feels halfway decent?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Not to hijack, but on the off chance anyone has bought the Razer Nostromo recently (since it lost the belkin branding, I guess): Does the space bar button still suck, or did they finally fix it so it feels halfway decent?

I am almost 100% sure they are mechanically identical, though Razer has said there will be a new hardware version "eventually".

I am still using my Belkin one until it breaks. The space bar button does suck, but luckily I rarely use it for anything. I only use it for MMO's, so the need to use that button is greatly diminished.

My biggest issue with my Nostromo is that the thumb stuck is starting to "stick" and I use that for movement. When it finally stops working correctly, it's time to buy a new one (because I can't actually play MMO's without it anymore, I need the quick button access it provides me with one hand).

e: Also, I'll toss a vote in for the Razer Mamba. I love mine, even if it was a bit pricey. I am a claw gripper though, which makes Logitech's bulky, short, mice really bad for my hand. I need a long, slender, mouse like the Mamba so that my hand doesn't cramp.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Indeed. I've probably spent 500 real live American dollars on "gaming mice" and the only two that I've really liked were the RAT 9 and the Mamba, but the Mamba is first place by a giant chasm. I only keep the RAT around as a serviceable backup.

I ended up picking up a G500. It's pretty good, but i still need to get used to it i think. i haen't installed setpoint yet since the last time i did that, it destroyed my laptop.

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote:
    I ended up picking up a G500. It's pretty good, but i still need to get used to it i think. i haen't installed setpoint yet since the last time i did that, it destroyed my laptop.

That one's not a bad mouse, but I'll never understand Logitech's desire to put that stupid fucking dual-mode scroll wheel on all their mice, let alone the gaming mice.

yea, i hate that feature, but at least on the g500, the button is somewhere other than the scroll wheel itself

camo_sig.png
    SetPoint isn't that bad these days. Unless you plan on switching profiles you can just set your DPI levels, polling rate, etc. and save it to the G500's onboard memory. After that you won't need SetPoint anymore.

And on the G9 and G9x, the switch for the scroll mode is inconveniently placed on the bottom of the mouse. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    My Logitech G700 arrived today and imagine my surprise when the version of Setpoint which supports it (version 6.30) would not install on my Alienware PC. Received a "this version of Setpoint is not compatible with Alienware software" error. Older versions of Setpoint will install but not 6.3. A call to Logitech support tells me that they can't do anything about it, apparently Alienware PC's come with pre-installed doo-dads which take up Setpoint's required resources.

Bummer. The mouse is compatible with my old Performance MX's version of Setpoint, 4.8, so I'm using that with the new mouse right now but it of course doesn't support the G700's special features. So, two questions:

1. Has anyone else seen this ? Are there any goofy tricks I can do to solve this problem ?

C) Does the same thing happen with Razer's mice ? Will Razer's mouse config utility run on an Alienware PC ?

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I was looking at the G500 compared to my trusty G5. I am not sure if I like all the new buttons they added. Far too few games support the 2 side buttons on the G5. I can't imagine it would be much better for the G500. I can't imagine the setpoint software has gotten any better in the last year.

They should bring back the G5 for another run. It has been the most solid mouse I have ever owned.

• Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I used an MX518 for about 4 years until at complete random the mouse wheel just stopped scrolling. No driver or USB slot made a difference. So I couldn't have that and went to Best Buy and on a whim bought a Deathadder (3.5gen). It's a good mouse. Quick, responsive, scroll wheel is nice.
    But fuck me, even with the palm logo light off it still feels like i'm constantly holding a rock that's been sitting out in the sun all afternoon. My hand is always sweaty and clammy and the mouse is just warm to the touch all the time. Is this a thing with this mouse or is mine unusual?

Helpless Rock on
    WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
    @that_guy
    i haven't had any issue with the couple of games i have played with it recognizing 2 of the three side buttons. I still haven't gotten around to installing set point, but the middle side button isn't found in either TF2 or FO :NV, the other two ones are

camo_sig.png
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I used an MX518 for about 4 years until at complete random the mouse wheel just stopped scrolling. No driver or USB slot made a difference. So I couldn't have that and went to Best Buy and on a whim bought a Deathadder (3.5gen). It's a good mouse. Quick, responsive, scroll wheel is nice.
    But fuck me, even with the palm logo light off it still feels like i'm constantly holding a rock that's been sitting out in the sun all afternoon. My hand is always sweaty and clammy and the mouse is just warm to the touch all the time. Is this a thing with this mouse or is mine unusual?

Yours is an actual deathadder. You want the kind you buy at an electronics store.

I just bought the Razer Deathadder today. I like it so far, my Starcrafting feels a bit snappier. First gaming mouse - up until now I've been using a perfectly serviceable generic Logitech mouse.

• MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    I bought a G400 after having a MX518 for many years and I can't see much of a noticeable difference beside that the scroll wheel doesn't have the clicking feel. So, good or bad, it's pretty much the same as the 518 with slightly better guts.

MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
    @that_guy
    i haven't had any issue with the couple of games i have played with it recognizing 2 of the three side buttons.
    Same.
    I still haven't gotten around to installing set point, but the middle side button isn't found in either TF2 or FO :NV, the other two ones are
    What I did was program the middle thumb button to a key on your keyboard. Then you can use it in practically any game that lets you bind keys, because the mouse itself also has a USB keyboard controller in it (you can see the "keyboard" in the device manager).

So long as you save it to the G500's memory it'll work without Setpoint.

• RohanRohan Registered User regular
    roccat_kone_plus_3.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Roccat Kone +.

Expensive if you're not in Europe, though.

...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    theSquid wrote:

Yours is an actual deathadder. You want the kind you buy at an electronics store.

I just bought the Razer Deathadder today. I like it so far, my Starcrafting feels a bit snappier. First gaming mouse - up until now I've been using a perfectly serviceable generic Logitech mouse.

Because I missed the joke:
    acanthophis.jpg

I just got a Deathadder, and due to it being allergic to a wood surface, a Steelseries plastic pad. In FPS games, I'm suddenly scoring headshot after headshot. But in SC2, I lose control and the cursor feels jittery. How do you adjust this game-to-game? Is it as simple as changing the game's individual sensitivity?

I have DPI and the refresh rate all the way. I don't know what they mean. (I only know Dpi in terms of print quality.)

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    DPI is essentially how many pixels your cursor moves, per in of movement of the actual mouse. The higher it is, the more your cursor flies across the screen with a very slight movement. The lower it is, the larger, more sweeping movements it takes of your mouse to move your cursor a little bit.

Having the DPI all the way up is kind of overkill for most people. I normally keep mine low-to-middle, because I don't like my view swinging around 360 degrees with a twitch of my wrist. I like more deliberate movements. But, this is really an issue of personal taste. Play around with it to see what's comfortable for you.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Rohan wrote:
    roccat_kone_plus_3.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Roccat Kone +.

Expensive if you're not in Europe, though.

cyborg-rat-7-20100805070224083-000.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Saitek R.A.T. 7.

Ugly as fuck, but fits like a glove and built like a tank.

• RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    R.A.T 7
    Perfect your grip – How do you hunt? Whether you ‘palm’ the mouse or ‘claw’ it, the R.A.T. can quickly and easily adapt by adjusting in length to suit your hand size and grip style. In addition, the Thumb Panel of the R.A.T. 7 moves forwards, backwards, and pivots outwards, giving you perfect positioning for effortless gaming.

Interchangeable Pinkie grips and Palm rests

3 palm rests

- One featuring the same soft-touch finish as found on the body of the R.A.T.

- One with a rubber inlay for enhanced grip.

- One that is 4mm thicker to increase the height of the R.A.T.

3 pinkie grips

- One featuring the same soft-touch finish as found on the body of the R.A.T.

- One with a rubber inlay for enhanced grip.

- One that offers a ‘wing shaped’ design, allowing you to rest your pinkie finger during play for increased grip.

Custom Weight System – Like it light or heavy? Maybe you change the weight to suit your game? No matter, the R.A.T. has you covered.

Five 6-gram weights can be added or subtracted in an instant, giving you the perfect weight for a perfect feel. When not in use, the weights can be safely stored in the supplied Weight Storage Container.

Precision Aim Mode – Hit your target the first time every time. Use the ST Programming Software to set your desired Precision Aim speed (mouse sensitivity), then hold down the Precision Aim button to slow down mouse movement to a level that works for you. A deadly weapon that will hit your enemy where it hurts.

5600 DPI - Featuring a new generation 'twin eye' laser sensor that reads each axis separately for pinpoint accuracy, the R.A.T. 7 tracks up to a stunning 6 meters per second. Pro gamers who favor low sensitivity with high movement speed preferences will always experience correct tracking and precision.

4 Custom DPI Settings - Use the Rocker Switch to toggle between your custom DPI settings.

5 Programmable Buttons - Combine your Programmable Buttons with 2 regular left and right mouse buttons and give yourself a total of 7 buttons available to punish your competition. Assign your choice of key gaming actions to Programmable Buttons to create your own custom profiles.

3 Cyborg Modes – Toggle between three individual R.A.T. modes at the touch of a button. Change sensitivity or Programmable Button actions in an instant and gain immediate access to a mind-boggling 15 commands!

Powerful ST Programming Software – Change your DPI, set Precision Aim cursor sensitivity, create custom profiles for each game, and assign commands to your Programmable Buttons and Modes. Easy, quick and the power you need right on your desktop.

Lightweight Metal Chassis - Strong yet nimble, the solid metal frame forms the core of the R.A.T. 7 for enhanced rigidity.

Kone +
    With a 6000dpi Pro-Aim Laser Sensor and its integrated Tracking & Distance Control Unit (TDCU), the further development of the prize-winning ROCCAT™ Kone Gaming Mouse has unbelievably more power under the hood. Its maximum precision and ultimate tracking are beyond comparison.

The massive upgrade made to the driver and the introduction of the Easy-Shift[+]™ button has also turned the Kone[+] into a real customizable marvel at the same time. No other mouse offers as many configuration options as the ROCCAT™ Kone[+].

MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE
    The revolutionary 6000dpi Pro-Aim Laser Sensor, in conjunction with its 10.5 megapixel resolution and 1000Hz polling rate, offers maximum precision, even transmitting lightning fast mouse movements with up to 30Gs of acceleration and with speeds of up to 200ips (5.08m/s) without loss or lag. Thanks to the Tracking & Distance Control Unit, which is now integrated in the laser sensor, the ROCCAT™ Kone[+] can also calculate the lift-off distance as well as fine-tune the sensor to suit the mousepad. The result: optimal tracking.

ERGONOMIC HYBRID SHELL
    The highly praised hybrid shell for right-handers, including the Soft-Touch Surface, have been retained, but really useful core improvements have been made that further increase the comfort of Kone’s successor. The mouse wheel is completely new: distinctive notch positions are perfect for gaming, and the wider design makes it easier to control. The button above the mouse wheel has been made larger and you’ll now find a nicely-sized toggle switch below the mouse wheel. The result: maximum gaming comfort.

22 MOUSE FUNCTIONS
    Thanks to the Easy-Shift[+]™ button, all the buttons – including the mouse wheel – can be assigned two functions such as macros or other functions. As a result, you now have 22 functions available at any one time instead of the usual 12.

Find out more about Easy-Shift[+]™ and just how easy it is to use here: more...

4 LED MULTICOLOR LIGHT SYSTEM
    Like before, the light system remains unbeaten. Four multicolor LEDs, together with the enhanced lightpipes and configurable effects, can light up, alternate or pulsate in more than four different colors at the same time. It’s a real eye-catcher on any desktop.

5 GAME PROFILES
    You can configure your button assignments, including macros, DPI settings, the sensor sensitivity level and your lighting settings too, and save them to any one of 5 profiles on the 576kB of onboard memory. This allows you to customize your mouse to suit individual games. You can associate each profile with a particular application so the right button assignments, DPI and color settings, etc., are automatically loaded when you start the game. When a profile is set as the Windows Profile, the ROCCAT™ Kone[+] will always switch to this profile when you return to Windows after leaving a game or app. Additional profiles can be saved on your hard drive whenever you want, and then loaded to any one of the 5 profile slots using the driver menu.

MACRO MANAGER
    Creating and editing your own command sequences is made easy thanks to the highly praised Macro Manager. Predefined macro presets for the top 20 PC games as well as several office apps make it even easier to customize the mouse – plus the new Loop Function now makes it possible to loop macros indefinitely.

SOUND FEEDBACK
    The famous ROCCAT voice gives immediate feedback when you change DPI settings, profiles, the volume level or sensitivity setting. As you don’t need to look at an additional display on the screen or on the mouse itself, nothing will distract from the gameplay. It really is as easy at that.

CUSTOMIZE THE WEIGHT
    A weight system comprising 4 x 5g weights is included, allowing you to customize the weight in four stages to suit your preferences.

Text taken directly from the Cyborg and Roccat site product pages. When they're that close, all it comes down to is personal preference :)

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
    There's more to a mouse than the spec sheets. The R.A.T. 7 uses the same Philips Twin-Eye sensor that Razer uses in their non-optical mice, and suffers from the same problems all sensors from that family have.

The Kone+ uses the same sensor as the G500 and G9x (Avago ADNS-9500), except the Logitech mice are probably going to be cheaper.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    There's problems with the sensor in the rat7?

• Square PairSquare Pair Registered User regular
    Maybe it's because I have big ham sized hands - but both the Razer Lanchesis and Death Adder had grips that felt 'awkward' in my beast palms. I went back to the logitech G500 which felt good and has a great scroll speed.

• krapst78krapst78 Registered User regular
    There's problems with the sensor in the rat7?

The twin-eye sensors are known to have the z-axis issue if you lift your mouse off the surface.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZhFKOq8CM8
    I think some of the older Razer mouses used a separate Avago optical sensor that allowed people to turn off the laser sensor to get rid of the problem. Not sure if the newer Razer models have that feature.

Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!
    Looking for a Hardcore Fantasy Extraction Shooter? - Dark and Darker
    Barrakketh wrote:
    @that_guy
    i haven't had any issue with the couple of games i have played with it recognizing 2 of the three side buttons.
    Same.
    I still haven't gotten around to installing set point, but the middle side button isn't found in either TF2 or FO :NV, the other two ones are
    What I did was program the middle thumb button to a key on your keyboard. Then you can use it in practically any game that lets you bind keys, because the mouse itself also has a USB keyboard controller in it (you can see the "keyboard" in the device manager).

do you need to actually use setpoint to set that up?

camo_sig.png
    Barrakketh wrote:
    @that_guy
    Same.

do you need to actually use setpoint to set that up?
    Yes, but once it's saved to the G500 you no longer need Setpoint. Ditto for DPI settings, polling rate, and the like.

• Duke PhillipsDuke Phillips Registered User regular
    I got the Logitech G700 a while ago and cannot recommend this to anyone.

It can't track at all now, it originally was just skipping around (as it seems to do looking at people's problems online with it) but now it won't even move. I've set it on several different types of surfaces and nothing will work. The battery dies quickly, the cord it comes with to charge the AA battery (why not a Lithium based one?) is bulky.

When I called Logitech the first time about the tracking problems they said that the new software, SetPoint 6.30, was causing problems so I had to downgrade my software so my $100ish mouse would work.

This has just been a huge headache and didn't start doing this until after newegg's policy was up so now I have to deal strictly with Logitech. I doubt that I can but I'm going to probably get really ticked at the tech service people and see if I can either get a refund or something. I would love if I could just have them send me a G500 or MX518 or something like that and refund the difference. Fat chance of that though.

PSN/Origin: Grizz359
    Steam: Grizz
    3DS: 4038-6012-7259
    T4CT wrote: »
    everyone deserves space vaginas for christmas
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    I'm gonna concur with others on the MX518. Skeptical though I was at first I can't help but say that control is always responsive. The left and right buttons (as well as the form factor) are set up so you can place your hand wherever it feels comfortable and everything is perfectly usable. The single design flaw is really ridiculous though. The - button for adjusting sensitivity is right below the mouse wheel, so depending on where your hand is placed or what you're doing it's possible to hit it accidentally just with a little bump. I don't think I've had this actually happen while in-game at any point though, but it has happened a few times during casual use.

The mouse is relatively cheap, and also wired so no worries about interference or latency (or sudden loss of precision due to battery issues).

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    DPI is essentially how many pixels your cursor moves, per in of movement of the actual mouse. The higher it is, the more your cursor flies across the screen with a very slight movement. The lower it is, the larger, more sweeping movements it takes of your mouse to move your cursor a little bit.

Having the DPI all the way up is kind of overkill for most people. I normally keep mine low-to-middle, because I don't like my view swinging around 360 degrees with a twitch of my wrist. I like more deliberate movements. But, this is really an issue of personal taste. Play around with it to see what's comfortable for you.

I lowed the DPI from 3500 to 1800, and then increase individual games' sensitivity as needed, and now it handles like a dream, diazempam not needed. :P

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767