As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That Last [McRib Sandwich] Thread Lasted Longer Than Expected

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah so game of thrones
    Joffery is a huge douche

Anzekay on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey Dom we should totally form a programmer / web developer combo and make heaps of money.

I'm pretty good at designing and building websites, integrating with a CMS, and possibly hacking a few PHP files to add some extra functionality, but I can't program for realsies, and it really isn't my forte. Could land some bigger jobs if I was able to offer bespoke app development.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Alternatively: something something Gatsby's female relative's orgy something something.

Blake T on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's not even procrastination, it's literally me staring at code going "I can't think for shit"

I will catch hell for this tomorrow I think.
    Yeah that happens to me sometimes. On those days it is a good thing making games isn't actually my job.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    theSquid wrote: »
    It's not even procrastination, it's literally me staring at code going "I can't think for shit"

I will catch hell for this tomorrow I think.

Oh god that feeling.
    Yeah, that fucking blows.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey Dom we should totally form a programmer / web developer combo and make heaps of money.

I'm pretty good at designing and building websites, integrating with a CMS, and possibly hacking a few PHP files to add some extra functionality, but I can't program for realsies, and it really isn't my forte. Could land some bigger jobs if I was able to offer bespoke app development.

My friend and I have been fiddling with game programming, he's a bit of a Mac fan and I'm a bit of an android fan (were going to move into a new York apartment and start a HILARIOUS sitcom) so well definitely let you know if there's stuff up.

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I hate programming.

And I can't draw for shit.

But I can do everything in between. Except when I'm sick. Then I can't do anything.

I don't get sick much, but I always get sick when it counts. Like right now; I have my practical driving test tomorrow afternoon.

Welp

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I hate programming.

And I can't draw for shit.

But I can do everything in between. Except when I'm sick. Then I can't do anything.

I don't get sick much, but I always get sick when it counts. Like right now; I have my practical driving test tomorrow afternoon.

Welp

The trick to passing is to book the test in a low income neighbourhood where they'll pass you if it's evident you can read.

That or give the tester a blow job.

Really though why not stack the odds in your favour

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm doing it in Northam

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

My friend and I have been fiddling with game programming, he's a bit of a Mac fan and I'm a bit of an android fan (were going to move into a new York apartment and start a HILARIOUS sitcom) so well definitely let you know if there's stuff up.

Sounds cool, let us know if you come up with anything interesting.

Man I really want to teach myself some programming but I just don't find it that enjoyable :(

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    *looks up google maps*

Ah, bravo good sir, a fine location indeed. I did mine in the Druitt myself, most degenerate bogan centre in Sydney, and the schoolplace of Casey the Punisher, and the setting of that new bogan show they're trying to get off the ground. Pretty sure you get points there for actively trying to hit pedestrians.

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Haha yeah I know of many people who did it at the Druitt.

I did it at Blacktown, shit was fucking difficult.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Sounds cool, let us know if you come up with anything interesting.

Man I really want to teach myself some programming but I just don't find it that enjoyable :(

It kinda isn't. Game programming especially is pretty shitty, particularly at the lower levels, where you really have to dig maths to get into it. At higher levels it's alright though. Most of the enjoyment I get out of coding is what results of it.

That and regexes. I get a perverse enjoyment out of making especially curly ones.

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

My friend once bespoke of a tester in Blacktown named the Terminator because he failed everyone and was a misanthropic wanker. You might have gotten that guy.

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah I know what you mean, it's awesome seeing your work actually result in something that works and looks cool. I should probably just suck it up and teach myself one bit at a time.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    *looks up google maps*

Ah, bravo good sir, a fine location indeed. I did mine in the Druitt myself, most degenerate bogan centre in Sydney, and the schoolplace of Casey the Punisher, and the setting of that new bogan show they're trying to get off the ground. Pretty sure you get points there for actively trying to hit pedestrians.

Well, it's mostly because my driving teacher suggested it because he knows the guy who does the tests there.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

My friend once bespoke of a tester in Blacktown named the Terminator because he failed everyone and was a misanthropic wanker. You might have gotten that guy.

Hmm, I failed my first time, but it was a woman tester. I tried to merge into a lane literally 100m away from the RTA parking lot. Some asshole behind me sped up, cut me off and honked for good measure, resulting in me veering back into my lane in a panic. I failed because of that. Blacktown, more like Cunt-town.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So uh, Facebook......

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Is cancer?

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    What about it

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Hmm, I failed my first time, but it was a woman tester. I tried to merge into a lane literally 100m away from the RTA parking lot. Some asshole behind me sped up, cut me off and honked for good measure, resulting in me veering back into my lane in a panic. I failed because of that. Blacktown, more like Cunt-town.

Oh yeah I remember that. Sorry I was in a bit of a rush.

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think Sarah made me feel bad for making fun of Gatsby.

I have not felt bad for a while....

(joke about how Vivienne hasn't been away for that long goes here)

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I left a positive comment.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I do appreciate the reference in that comment.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Speaking about Facebook, I'm gonna stab the next one of my friends who makes another grossly misinformed statement and inflammatory comment about Indonesian abattoirs. Basically 3 'schools' of thought on my news feed:

Those fucking Muslims are evil and a bunch of cunts

Ban all meat exports indefinitely (even frozen meat now, apparently)

Do nothing because it'll never change/they'll get their meat somewhere else

HERPDERPBERP. guys I usually hate being That Guy and I would usually just shut up about it, but if you're going to be that stubborn and in your face with an opinion you have to do at least some research, surely?

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That reminds me of this asshole me and a friend have on facebook, someone made a status about eating meat and my friend makes the "you don't make friends with salad" joke. Cue a shit-storm about insulting vegetarians, damaging the environment and all that fuckery from this one idiot.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Man I haven't seen much complaint about that on Facebook.

But I can see why it'd annoy you.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    This is why I only have people who are my friends on my friends list. The other day I went through and culled motherfuckers I don't really give a shit about. Feels good man.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The problem is that they're my friends, with maybe the exception of two or three people who are girlfriends of friends which makes it seem kinda weird. I'm pretty sure the anti-Islamic comments are only coming out because I think the guy is drunk (though this doesn't make it ok, at all).

The most infuriating are definitely the "ooh, we should ban meat exports" thing.

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Now I've made myself grumpy

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    We should not export things and give ourselves a trade deficit that sounds like a good idea.

Economic thespians all up in there by the sounds of it.

Just insult them using big words tef. If they drunk they won't know what you are really saying so it's all good.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also i love how i ate ice-cream fine but a glass of tap water is giving me massive problems.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    While I will say that the Four Corners report was horrific and it upsets me to think about those poor animals. Especially Brahmin cattle. They're the sookiest, most docile breed of cattle you can get. Not gonna lie, after seeing that Four Corners I had to go and stand in my paddock for a bit and pat a cow with a tear in m eye. It was fucking appalling but crippling the economy is not the answer

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    LaCabra wrote: »
    This is why I only have people who are my friends on my friends list. The other day I went through and culled motherfuckers I don't really give a shit about. Feels good man.

I have to do this. Every now and again I'll remove a few people I've never talked to ever, but there are always more.

EDIT: That does feel good.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You know I was just thinking that PETA volunteering to stick webcams in the abattoirs was very un-PETA of them because usually they are all "don't do this" to the point of being pricks about it.

Then I realized they would have webcams.

In abotoirs.

They would stream that shit 24/7.

I hate PETA.

Blake T on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I'm all for animal welfare but PETA are jerks.

Flay on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    dammit I hate not being able to head onto facebook to see

a) what picture was tagged of me recently on facebook

b) what Sarah said to Blake

also hello everyone

and damn the Great Firewall of China

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    PETA has had a long standing policy that animals should not be killed to further humans.

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF.

The fact that one of it's founding members injects insulin.

Which comes from pigs.

PETA has justified this by saying that this person is furthering animal rights so it's cool for those pigs to die.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    There is a reasonable amount of boob.

Knowing you you will complain about how big your face looks.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Viv, Viv you need to come home! Blake can't feed himself, I got an owie on my knee and numbers won't share his matchbox cars with Flay!

Hope the trip is going swimmingly.

Re: PETA. Fuck those jerks.

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
This discussion has been closed.