As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Thread || Go to the new Halo 4 Thread, this one is done

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I have an awesome video of me taking out a hog by myself with a hologram and grenade or two.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My PAX Prime pass is locked in, y'all. Hopefully Zeke is running Halo Freeplay this year since we won't have a Halofest.

• Options
    So what's MLG's reaction to getting their favorite gun back, in addition to perks and everything else?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    So what's MLG's reaction to getting their favorite gun back, in addition to perks and everything else?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

I would be surprised if it was anything other than still bitching that the multiplayer isn't going to be as "pure" as the holy glory of god perfection that is Halo 1 multiplayer.

I mean, to these people Reach was an abomination because it has equipment; 4 isn't doing away with that at all so if they're anything but furious then olol.

Sadly I doubt 343 will have the fortitude to tell them to piss off like Bungie did and make the game they think is best instead of some shit they think they can market to the "pro gaming" venues.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited April 2012
    May Matchmaking Playlist Update

It’s been said that April showers bring May flowers. Considering the Matchmaking Systems Team was so busy this month they didn’t not have time for daily body cleansing, they’d like to offer you a matchmaking playlist update in place of the more traditional botanical gift. The details of their aromatic bestowal are outlined below.

• Firefight updated.

The Firefight Arcade playlist was changed to Firefight, and new Firefight Arcade game types were added (with the original Firefight Arcade game types remaining intact). The new game types have been suffixed with NEP, which stands for "New Enemy Progression." As indicated by the acronym, you will see a more diverse enemy offering in all three types of waves–initial, main, and boss. Making a triumphant return to the same playlist are Limited game types, in both their original form and with a new enemy progression.

Firefight Doubles was also updated, adding new enemy progressions alongside the original Firefight Doubles game types.

I believe there are only three things left to say. And that would be bip, bap, and bam!

• New 4v4 maps added to Arena, Super Slayer, and Team Slayer.

We know you’ve been waiting for new 4v4 playspaces, and with the help of the Community Cartographers, we were able to scour multiple submissions and implement a handful of the highlights. The new community-created maps added to Arena, Super Slayer, and Team Slayer were Ellul, Imago, Temple, Midas, Unconquered, and Pulse. All six were added to Super Slayer and Team Slayer, while Imago and Pulse were added to Arena (as we found them to be a good fit for the symmetrical, competitive spaces found in that particular playlist).

• Team Objective updated.

We’re always crunching numbers and looking at statistics to determine how we can improve your matchmaking experience. Reorganizing voting options is one of the results of that regular data mining. To ensure you get a diverse offering of map and game type selections, we updated the Team Objective voting options to have Capture the Flag in the first slot, Oddball or KOTH in the second slot, and one of the other available game types (Territories, Stockpile, Assault, etc.) in the third slot.

In addition to the voting reorganization, we’ve also implemented a credit stimulus based on win-scaling to spur the economy in this playlist. Basically, that’s a fancy way of saying victorious teams will receive double the normal win bonus. So cap those flags and arm those bombs already. Objective holders, I may or may not be looking at you….

• Speedflag updated to lower carrier speed.

In Speedflag, we noticed a trend of defending teams unable to catch up with flag carriers. While I suggested military physical training exercises as the fix, we opted to instead lower the carrier speed. Consider your Spartan officially off the hook. For now, anyway.

• ZB Slayer retired.

While the Zero Bloom Slayer playlist is being retired (gasp!), those game types are not disappearing from matchmaking (phew). Hop into the Super Slayer playlist to keep them in your regular rotation. Keep in mind the MLG playlist currently features Zero Bloom game types exclusively as well.

• Super Slayer voting options updated.

Super Slayer voting options were updated to have DMRs in the first voting slot, standard Slayer in the second slot, and the remaining game types (including the aforementioned Zero Bloom variants) in the third slot.

• User-created maps updated.

Updated versions of Select and Synapse were added to matchmaking, and updated Heavies variants Rasu, Delta Facility, Asphalt, and Cragmire were incorporated into the Big Team Battle playlist.

Look for these changes to go live on, near, or around next Tuesday.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hey Fyre, can I get you (or someone else) to clean up the spawns on my Magik map and submit it for the next round of voting?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    jkruse05jkruse05 Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »

I would be surprised if it was anything other than still bitching that the multiplayer isn't going to be as "pure" as the holy glory of god perfection that is Halo 1 multiplayer.

I mean, to these people Reach was an abomination because it has equipment; 4 isn't doing away with that at all so if they're anything but furious then olol.

Sadly I doubt 343 will have the fortitude to tell them to piss off like Bungie did and make the game they think is best instead of some shit they think they can market to the "pro gaming" venues.
    The funny thing is, I thought Reach felt closer to Halo 1 than any of the others, despite the additions. I guess I'm just too 'stupid' to tell the difference.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Ugh, this 11 headshots in one game challenge is killin' me...just got up to 9 and the timer ran out.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Also screw the 23 kills in one game one.

By the way guys, 343 wants us to look for Anniversary map variants now. Basically if you have an alternate version of an Anniversary map, I'd be interested in pushing it up for this current task.

I've got one in the oven for Prisoner named "Arrested" that you can check out if you want.

Grifball got me the 23 kills in one game challenge easily. I also just cleared the 150 kills with precision weapons challenge.

11 headshots and whatever the other one was will remain unfinished. I've had enough for the night.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Also screw the 23 kills in one game one.

By the way guys, 343 wants us to look for Anniversary map variants now. Basically if you have an alternate version of an Anniversary map, I'd be interested in pushing it up for this current task.

I've got one in the oven for Prisoner named "Arrested" that you can check out if you want.

• Options
    So I was the pilot of a hornet in a BTB with two gunners. When I was shot down I was charged with a betrayal...what? Because I had passengers?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    So I was the pilot of a hornet in a BTB with two gunners. When I was shot down I was charged with a betrayal...what? Because I had passengers?

That's.. weird. Must have been a bad lag spike or something and it thought you suicided with them in your vehicle.

• Options
    I really need to stop playing this game. Very little is worse than playing well one match and then suddenly being decimated the next.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Recycling posts is very green. If anyone here was submitting content for my 3000$ challenge, it now has an actual deadline so I can begin processing the entries
    http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1129739
    Hey, I kind of left the entry period of the contest open - but now is the time to shut it down so I can begin to sort through the entries. I need your map variants in by the end of May 5th (Cinco De Mayo).

You can either reply to the original post, this post, or email your GAMERTAG and the map's name. If you submitted a map to me before with a Bungie.net file share link and have NOT deleted the map off your share since then, you do not need to resubmit the map to me, since I know how to get to it.

Thanks and good luck!

• Options
    So after it sat on my shelf for almost 6 months going unplayed, I've decided to pick up Halo Anniversary again and try to finish it up.

Anybody up for some co-op sometime?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Yeah sure why not.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Yeah sure why not.

Sweet. Whenever you're online and I'm on, shoot me a message and we can rig something up.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35203611&postcount=10408

guess what one of the dailies is today

guess

you know you want to

• Options
    http://youtu.be/_o2ban9Kyqs

That's it, I quit, I'm not playing online multiplayer anything anymore. Fuck that shit.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm confused; why?

Because there's really good players out there?

I mean, that was about as dickish of a way they could possibly show up another team, but I dunno; just because there are players out there way better than me doesn't mean I don't want to play games online anymore.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    I'm confused; why?

I mean, that was about as dickish of a way they could possibly show up another team, but I dunno; just because there are players out there way better than me doesn't mean I don't want to play games online anymore.

Because it always seems that I'm exclusively paired up with players that are much, much better than me, and it just sucks the fun out of the game when you swear that you pumped more bullets into that person than he did into you but yet you are at the receiving end of death anyway.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    rorrrorr Registered User regular
    I'm confused; why?

How dare they create their own challenge--and they totally taunted the other team about it, except for when they didn't. Even had the other team muted so they wouldn't hear their call-outs, classy gents

• Options
    rorr wrote: »
    I'm confused; why?

How dare they create their own challenge--and they totally taunted the other team about it, except for when they didn't. Even had the other team muted so they wouldn't hear their call-outs, classy gents

If you don't think killing yourself 55 times in order to come back and still win is taunting, I don't know what to tell you. That is the definition of taunting.

Make a challenge for yourself, sure; but do it with people you know. Doing it against some randoms proves nothing except that you are better than them. Beating them 50-0 would have still shown their skill without the fact that they went out of their way to come back from 55 down purely to humiliate the other team.

Sorry, that's taunting.

• Options
    I'm confused; why?

If you don't think killing yourself 55 times in order to come back and still win is taunting, I don't know what to tell you. That is the definition of taunting.

Make a challenge for yourself, sure; but do it with people you know. Doing it against some randoms proves nothing except that you are better than them. Beating them 50-0 would have still shown their skill without the fact that they went out of their way to come back from 55 down purely to humiliate the other team.

Sorry, that's taunting.

No, it's you perceiving it as taunting, sorry

• Options
    Alright duder, you go with that.

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    Personally it's just an excuse to have more time picking on the weaklings. It's abusive.

Normally a game against such easy opponents would be over in a matter of minutes, but instead, they drug it out. It's no different than those games of CTF where one team gets the first two flags in 45 seconds, and then sits on the 3rd cap while they rack up their kills. They're enjoying the easy kills, so they stretch it out as much as they can.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    Kor wrote: »
    Personally it's just an excuse to have more time picking on the weaklings. It's abusive.

Normally a game against such easy opponents would be over in a matter of minutes, but instead, they drug it out. It's no different than those games of CTF where one team gets the first two flags in 45 seconds, and then sits on the 3rd cap while they rack up their kills. They're enjoying the easy kills, so they stretch it out as much as they can.

Except it is different. In your hypothetical, getting that third flag cap and the win isn't in question. The win in this scenario is, given the score difference. Sorry, the two situations are not analogous. I just love how better players are almost universally characterized as dickish when employing less than classical tactics. Winning by a massive amount gets old for me, so I will put my sensitivity up to 10, maybe no-scope while on top of a banshee, or give some other handicap.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35203611&postcount=10408

guess what one of the dailies is today

guess

you know you want to

Hilarious.

• Options
    Why would they change it? That would require more effort then a simple copy-paste job,

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm confused; why?

Sorry, that's taunting.

No, it's you perceiving it as taunting, sorry

It's a stupid waste of time for everyone involved. Especially for pros like you, Soup Du Jour. Beat the other team in 4 minutes, stop fucking with them, and move the fuck on.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Using the words "less than classical tactics" in a defense of dickheads is perfect. Thank you for the laugh.

If only he used classy. Which they aren't.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Using the words "less than classical tactics" in a defense of dickheads is perfect. Thank you for the laugh.

Maybe if you could come up with a flowchart or something so I can know when it's okay to have fun, or you could run a workshop so better players are more conscientiousness of how sensitive some players are.

• Options
    It's poor ambassadorship for any playlist. Same with the people that hold objective in Team Objective, you're just driving people out of the playlist.

• Options

Maybe if you could come up with a flowchart or something so I can know when it's okay to have fun, or you could run a workshop so better players are more conscientiousness of how sensitive some players are.

game starts>get objectives/kills to win>win match>repeat

If the game is so stale that you have to as Kor said earlier, "abuse other human beings", you should move on. And stop being a fucking goose.

• Options
    jKZbD.jpg

I don't ever want to have to do that again.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Play the Library? Hey-oooo!

Also, I have a place to stay at the Sheraton for PAX.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited May 2012

If the game is so stale that you have to as Kor said earlier, "abuse other human beings", you should move on. And stop being a fucking goose.

You seem a little tense, maybe you should relax, have some fun, and not resort to direct insults. You know, like the players in the video :D

rorr on
  • Options

You seem a little tense, maybe you should relax, have some fun, and not resort to direct insults. You know, like the players in the video :D

You're reading into it.

• Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    Thanks for the firefight match on wednesday, Fyre. Sorry I didn't have a mic in.

Replayed the Storming the Beach or whatever. The one where Marines charge the fields with Mongeese or whatever. Great mission. Heroic with 4 is amazing. Really helps the flow, and to make you realize you're fighting on the opposite side of a huuuuuuuuge battle. Fun stuff.