As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Thread || Go to the new Halo 4 Thread, this one is done

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Working on the weekly challenge, which is "Play 9 campaign stages to completion on Heroic" Just finished up my second one, and upon return to the main menu, it said it couldn't connect to the Halo Reach server.

And guess what? That second campaign mission didn't count.

I don't have the urge to keep this up.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Thanks for the firefight match on wednesday, Fyre. Sorry I didn't have a mic in.

Replayed the Storming the Beach or whatever. The one where Marines charge the fields with Mongeese or whatever. Great mission. Heroic with 4 is amazing. Really helps the flow, and to make you realize you're fighting on the opposite side of a huuuuuuuuge battle. Fun stuff.

Wait, there was a firefight match? I love those! I have super-fond memories of the handful of Firefight matches I managed to luck myself into with the guys here on ODST. (Also the "Complete the last mission on Legendary with 4 players co-op" achievement)

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Working on the weekly challenge, which is "Play 9 campaign stages to completion on Heroic" Just finished up my second one, and upon return to the main menu, it said it couldn't connect to the Halo Reach server.

Have you tried either speed running Winter Contingency or glitching Night Fall 9 times?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »

Have you tried either speed running Winter Contingency or glitching Night Fall 9 times?

I had just assumed that you couldn't play the same mission repeatedly.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    Been getting into surprisingly lag-free games of Coop Campaign with the matchmaking!

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I've been playing a lot of Halo Wars recently. I'm surprised that it has such a strong player population. I always see ~6000 active users whenever I'm on.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    I've been playing a lot of Halo Wars recently. I'm surprised that it has such a strong player population. I always see ~6000 active users whenever I'm on.

I really need to pick that up and continue it (Along with a lot of other 360 games) I got stuck on the 3rd mission or so and gave up.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I really need to pick that up again sometime and do the grind to general or whatever. the two higher rank in multiplayer achievements were the only ones I never got.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    It takes ages to get to general unless you boost it. I'm only 40% of the way there right now. This game could've used a double xp weekend.

My usual 3v3 team has been Brute/Cutter/Anders, with me as Anders with cryo, a few warthogs, and a fleet of hawks; Cutter with 4xMAC, ODSTs and tanks; and the Chieftain with brutes, engineers, and scarabs. We've been kicking ass and rarely lose.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    First person to answer this gets an Energy Sword avatar prop:

Who was the guitarist for the Halo 2 monk theme?

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Wikipedia says Steve Vai?

• Options
    Wikipedia says Steve Vai?

You know, you could have pretended to not look it up on Wikipedia. Incoming PM.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I wanted to be honest. Figure if you want to DQ me for my methods, you should have that ability.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Naw it's cool, just ribbin' ya

Aw yeah see you bitches later

ObzUc.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Naw it's cool, just ribbin' ya

Aw yeah see you bitches later

ObzUc.jpg

TBKon UK 2012

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    original.jpg

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    damn. that poster has single handidly made me intereted in the game.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I will admit it did stir up the inner Halo fanboy in me.

edit: note the Covie ship getting it's shit wrecked on the right side

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Also the wreckage of the Dawn on the left. This further cements my theory that Chief is fighting Unicron.
    Look at that maw.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Always bet on the Chief.

By the by, how does the multiplayer in Halo: Remastered work?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    You're limited to the Anniversary maps/playlists only.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Ah. That does not sound worth it.

I'm pretty excited to see what new Armor customization we'll have in 4's multi, but I'm even more excited to see where the story is going to go.

• Options
    If you buy new, you do get a code to get the maps for free to use in Reach though...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Really? Will my armor stuff from Reach carry over?

• Options
    Yeah, it's a limited version of Reach's MP.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, I totally misread that. Nevermind. I'll just wait 'till 4. I got kinda burned out on Reach's multiplayer.

• Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The cover amazon put up is alot more saturated

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91mA3lLoYYL._AA1500_.jpg

linked for massive

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    All of Reach's DLC is half off today

Noble - 400msp
    Defiant - 400msp
    Anniversary - 600msp

• Options
    I love that poster. The MP sounds like trash but I'm hoping the campaign will be good.

Also, just hit brigadier in Halo Wars, which is halfway to general. I'm sorely tempted to boost my way through the rest.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    How long has Chief been in that armor? I bet he smells terrible.

That poster does stir up some long dormant feelings, though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    Dat AR

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Well, if you look closely SkullNumbers, that is actually a different set of armor then what he was wearing in 2/3.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm sure the nanomachines release a spring breeze scent that keeps him smelling fresh as mountain air.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    olol called the game having gears-type DLC bonuses and a map pack pass

no thanks though.

image.axd?picture=2012%2f5%2f16%2fHalo4_Simple_LE_RGB_NoRating-2.jpg
    https://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/05/16/The-Halo-Bulletin-51612.aspx
    Halo 4 Limited Edition

Available for preorder today, the Halo 4 Limited Edition maximizes your multiplayer experience and puts you in the boots of a Spartan-IV aboard the UNSC Infinity – the hub of your Halo multiplayer career.

The Halo 4 Limited Edition will be available at the estimated retail price of $99.99 and includes:

• War Games Map Pack Access

The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

• Specializations

Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then.

• UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet

The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: The Spartan-IVs. Story lovers will especially enjoy this in-fiction offering that provides a glimpse into the indoctrination of Spartans aboard the Infinity.

• Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition

The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

Digital content also includes in-fiction bonus content that expands the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, special featurette Bringing Gaming into Reality, and a behind the scenes look at the making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

• Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE

The Limited Edition includes the following bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.

Right about now you may be wondering, “If all those things come with the Limited Edition, what are they going to put in the Legendary Edition?” Here is the answer to that question: There will be two options available at retail for Halo 4 - the regular version of the game and the aforementioned Limited Edition. We decided to focus our efforts on a single special edition instead of numerous ones so you wouldn’t have to pick and choose between what ancillary items you want. Now your primary choice is whether or not you just want the game, or the game along with all the goodies. And we’re hoping we made that decision an easy one for you…

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The included DLC probably makes that a decent deal, but I have a hard time swallowing anything videogame related that's over $50 that isn't hardware.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Remains to be seen if it's a deal, because you know they're going to sell that access separate as a Season Pass of some sort, so we'll have to see how much of that 100$ is the pass price.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    But unique weapon skin and armor... and early access to perks specializations!

You know... I don't think I'll be getting this one at launch.

EDIT: But damn is that case smexy...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    That Forward Unto Dawn thing sounds interesting. A 90 minute live-action series sounds as close to a Halo movie as we will get.

• Options
    If it's anything like Reach, I can probably find the limited editions a year later for the same price as a new regular copy (or less!).

Hell, for awhile Best Buy here was selling Legendary for $80.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Over/under on the first map pack actually being on the disc?