As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e PbP] War in Mal'Dun (IC & OOC)

• Options
    TunosTunos Registered User regular
    OOC:
    I can get to "image" 2 on my next turn, provided no one gets in my way. I'll whack him good.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Well since I just hit (and bloodied) Enemy 2 up top, does that tell us if it's an image or not?

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    It does indeed tell you that it is currently real. The images do not dissipate upon a single hit (like normal illusions), but when you make actual contact, you know it is substantial or fake. Both up top are currently the real targets.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Actually yeah that would be helpful to know, as to which #2 I should go try to beat on

• Options
    Realizing there was nothing but an illusion in front of him, Baern immediately turned around and charged the two Tieflings, ignoring the false image. Damn illusions! Maybe these are the real ones. Yet his hammer bounced off their barriers harmlessly.
    Ah meetings are finally over for the day.

Move to 0607. Charge to 0802, attack #2: miss. I think I need to be more drunk to roll better!

Stats:
    Nethask: HP 35 /35, AC 17, 13/14/16, Status: +8 THP
    --> Baern: HP 37/40, AC 18, 15/14/15, Status: +2THP
    Aurum: HP 43/43, AC 21+2, 15/14+2/14, Status: None
    Flavius: HP 32/32, AC 17, 16/16/18, Status: None
    Fendoben: HP 34/34, AC 16, 12/14/16, Status: None
    Tori: HP 27/41, AC 19, 14/14/15, Status: +8 THP
    Enemy 1: HP 6/45, AC 20 (+4), 17/18/18 Status: Divine Challenged by Tori, Bloodied
    Enemy 2: HP 14/45, AC 20 (+4), 17/18/18 Status: None

• Options
    0806 is occupado, but I teleported Enemy 2 to 0702, so you can still reach it.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Tori and Nethask still have 8THP, I'll correct it in my stat block if nobody else does.

• Options
    Hmm, your turn post says 0801 (which doesn't move him). Though shifting around shouldn't matter much

• Options
    No problem if you two want to correct your moves, since it's just like a one square shift for either of you. If one of you ends up moving past your move modifier, just make it like 1 square.

• Options
    You're right. Meant to shift to 0802, then teleport enemy 2 to 0702. Corrected my post, and it still leaves you able to charge

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Tori grins and swings hard at the nearly unconscious hellborn. Unfortunately, his swing goes wide.
    Stats:
    Nethask: HP 35+8 /35, AC 17, 13/14/16, Status: +8 THP
    --> Baern: HP 37/40, AC 18, 15/14/15, Status: +2THP
    Tori: HP 27+8/41, AC 19, 14/14/15, Status: +8 THP
    Enemy 1: HP 6/45, AC 20 (+4), 17/18/18 Status: Divine Challenged by Tori, Bloodied

I'm going on a road trip for work, so i'll have limited access to the web. I'll try to post daily, but if I'm really slowing us down, feel free to have me MBA something.

Anialos on
  • Options
    So that puts me at 0703 think

• Options
    OOC:
    I'm sorry, I've gotten so confused. Is it my turn again?

• Options
    Yeah, Aurum > Flavius > Fendoben if he's back.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    As the images appeared and his companions moved to assault the ones that had formerly been the "real" targets, Aurum turned on the spot and charged towards one of the newly conjured tieflings. The sounds of battle echoing from behind him told him that his friends were striking solid targets - still, this was magic and he knew enough about magic to be prepared for every contingency. His friends had those two locked up. He would ensure that there was no quick-handed switchery to bring the warlocks to safety.

Aurum yelled as he swung his hammer in an overhead arc and brought it down on the image's forcefield, shattering the magical barrier as the hammer passed through and striking at the insubstantial flesh behind it.

OOC:
    Move to 1313
    Challenging strike on image 2
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/49496 (27 to hit, 8 damage, and image 2 will be marked until the end of my next turn).

I know it's an image, but I'm expecting you to do something shady, so I'm attacking it anyway - resolve the hit/damage as you see fit.

Also, anyone have suggestions for what to use a "throwaway" minor action on so I'm doing something with it as opposed to wasting it?

Stats:
    Baern: HP 37/40, AC 18, 15/14/15, Status: +2THP
    --> Flavius: HP 32/32, AC 17, 16/16/18, Status: None
    Image 2: 37/45, Ac 20 (+4?), 17/18/18 Status: Marked by Aurum

Tunos on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    OOC:
    Apparently this dropped off my bookmark list somehow. That's my bad.

Flavius takes a look around before moving a few steps back and holding his hand aloft, summoning forth another spray of radiant magic on his foes. His beams smash into two of the targets, but the third whizzes by. One of the targets falls to the ground, unconscious.

OOC:
    Move to 1009.
    Hand of Radiance on Enemy 1, Enemy 2, and Image 2.
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/49661 (hit, hit, miss)
    6 damage!

Stats:
    Baern: HP 37/40, AC 18, 15/14/15, Status: +2THP
    --> Fendoben: HP 34/34, AC 16, 12/14/16, Status: None
    Enemy 1: HP 6/45, AC 20 (+4), 17/18/18 Status: Unconscious
    Enemy 2: HP 8/45, AC 20 (+4), 17/18/18 Status: Bloodied
    Image 2: 37/45, Ac 20 (+4?), 17/18/18 Status: Marked by Aurum

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Yay intenet is back

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    So I'm a little confused as to what happened with my last action that I took. Was that an image or a real person?

• Options
    What was your last action?

Also: Update tomorrow at some point. I'm going to have to figure out where to start for this round, since it's been a while and I've forgotten where to start.

• Options
    Start with them giving up, since one of the two casters is down, and the other is on 6hp.

• Options
    OOC:
    Let's finish the tournament by the end of September yea?

• Options
    --That would be nice...Even I'm having to get back into the swing of things, with all the delays my enthusiasm went down the drain a bit.--

Going to just say you killed the last guy, there wasn't much of a chance anyway.

As the crowd roars around you, city guards make their way to you and lead you back into the catacombs. You make note of other city officials dragging the bodies of the two unconscious tieflings away. After a bit back in the make-shift rooms, you're allowed to leave. Brought back to the fresh air of the city and unceremoniously left outside the arena walls. Your halfling "guide" simply tells you to make your way back in three days as the next round of your heat enters the competition.

• Options
    "Aaaah, somewhat fresher air. That was fun, but its good to be out and about again. What say we grab a bit of fresh food and ale at the Silver Coin, then hit up the smithy on the morrow?" Tori grins and takes a deep breath, only to almost choke on it when he discovers it is not quite as fresh as he hoped. Gesturing to the rest of the group he takes off at a trot towards the Silver Coin. He is not only eager for a good meal...but a warm bed as well.

• Options
    "Yes, food DOES sound quite good. Nothing like beating foes into submission to rouse a good appetite."

• Options
    "Indeed, one must work up quite an appetite pummelling tieflings in such a manner, Mr Surehammer. Perhaps once we have eaten our fill, I may speak to you all of a certain... property I may have acquired. I believe our doubtless inevitable fame and fortune can be put to good use." The dragonkin's fingers drummed eachother eagerly, clearly imagining the wealth of influence that could be gained from what he planned.
    "But I distract from our celebrations- to the Coin of Silver, let no man's throat be dry in victory!"

• Options
    Flavius leaves the arena still looking utterly petrified. "Umm, right. Food. Yeah, I guess." He pauses. "Umm... lead the way, I guess?"

• Options
    Aye, to tha inn, I need some good strong ale after that last fight. Maybe I'll hit something next time! I also need ta go to tha smithy, I have some ideas to talk to Drowil about. Baern sets off at a jog with Tori heading for the inn, eager to get some food and drink.

• Options
    Aurum followed his companions silently as they marched off to imbibe strong liquors and gorge themselves on food.

• Options
    Seeing Baern able to keep his pace, Tori starts humming a song of victory and valor. Hopefully the bard knows the words, since they are long forgotten to Tori.

• Options
    As you reach the Silver Coin, you hear a ruckus inside. Walking into the taproom, you find a great number of people filling the place. Cheers, laughter, general merry-meant has taken over the place and the taps run constantly. The tender and the barmaids can barely keep up with the influx of orders. As you come in, a great big green hand grabs Tori by the collar of his chain-mail and hoists you off the ground.

Planting you firmly upon his broad shoulders, the half-orc calls for silence and as heads turn and a hush falls over the room he bellows, raising his pint (nearly as big as Tori's torso, oversized would be an appropriate word) he bellows "To the tiny champion and his companions! First rounds on me for the Avengers!" He taps Tori in the chest with the mug, indicating you should share his drink with him.

Quickly, pints and steins are passed around to the group, a lute starts being plucked in the corner, a fife picks up the tune, and the crowd attempts to break into song...Rather poorly.

• Options
    "Thank you my friend. May I return the favor when you win your first rounds as handily!" Tori smiles and slaps the half-orc on the shoulder as he down his pint in a single draught. "Baern! Perhaps you could lead these fine people in a fitting song? It seems they need guidance!" Smiling down at his dwarven friend he tries to block out the more off-tune of the voices. "Ah, let us not forget Aurum, our fearless leader! He should be key in the song! Along with my brave fellow halfling Fendoben, may he find as warm a bed tonight as I intend to!" Twisting and turning atop the green man, Tori proclaims the virtues of his fellow Avengers, calling for a hush with arms wide before Baern can start the tune. "Most important of all, FLAVIUS! Whose bravery freed me from the hellish grasp of the tiefling demon spawn! Three cheers for Flavius! With a smile on his face near wide enough to make one worry his head may split in two, Tori leads the cheer. Once the tune kicks up, he sings along as loud he can, while still managing to put back two or three more flagons that seem to keep appearing in his hand.

• Options
    Offering a scaly smile in return for the drink, Nethask sidles his way to the bar while the crowd is enraptured by the halfling's proclamations. Waving down the bar tender, he leans in close to be heard over the din.
    "It would seem our victory has brought you more than a few new patrons. Perhaps I could ask to be repaid in a little information?" Before the man can tell him that's he hasn't heard nothing about nothing honest sir, the dragonkin shakes his head.
    "Perhaps I should rephrase. I'm looking for some advice about how one would set up an establishment such as this. Perhaps there is someone senior to you that I could speak with?"

• Options
    Baern smiles and laughs as Tori calls for a song. Aye, but we shouldn't forget brave Tori! Charging no less than three armed men. Poor odds for them!

Baern raises his voice a little and starts up a song, taking gulps of ale in between verses.

Tap the casks and pour up a beer
    Tis thirsty work to fight all day
    But victory is ours so give a cheer
    Now drink and feast, tis time to relax
    Let's hope tonight there's no more attacks!

I'll post more later... when I think up the rest!

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Flavius takes a glass of ale and drinks it, addressing Tori. "Really, it was nothing. The part I played was auxiliary at best." He shrinks away from the crowd as best he can to let others hold the spotlight. Praising him for his combat skill; that was something his father would have done. It feels as hollow now as he imagined it would have back then.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    The sound in the room amplifies as Baern starts singing. Surprisingly, the crowd seems to start to catch the tune and join him in song. Two gnomes are hoisted onto a nearby table and start dancing a traditional drinking step of their people. Synchronized clapping starts and a few other instruments start to chime in.

As Baern finishes the last line of the first verse the room stills slightly, a fiddle is plucked and a long ominous note is played. Held slightly until the player breaks into a rapid progression (--Think "Devil Went Down to Georgia"--).

--Good start Baern, but you can tell the room wants the beat picked up slightly, the instruments are picking up tempo without your lead...--

• Options
    Aurum smiled as his companions reveled in their victory, drawing energy from the glorious combat in which they had triumphed. There had been a time when Aurum himself had sung such songs. Catching a pause in Baern's verse, he offered up an old war tune that his men had learned from mercenary pirates and had taken to singing on one of their long and arduous naval campaigns.

"The foe is fallen, battle won,
    So put down the beer, let's tap the rum!
    Our swords are bloody, our shields steel sung,
    Forget the mead, where's the rum!
    There're fields to pillage and women to plow,
    What better a night? A night with rum!
    We'll wake in the morning, our heads still swum,
    There'll only ale left and we'll cry, "Good gods where's the rum!?"

• Options
    Baern claps as Aurum finishes his verse and increases his tempo a little to keep pace with the instruments

Ah rum! Tis the drink of a sailor
    Too far from port, the waters surround
    They don't drink it straight, they water it down!
    No earth, no rock, no solid ground
    These are the things ta which a dwarf is bound
    So give me my ale, my dwarven stout
    Drink it all up and begin to shout!

• Options
    Fendoben waited patiently for the festivities to end, sipping quietly on his brew during the song.

• Options
    "Oh we the Avengers, are fighters so fine,
    we'll slay all our foemen, and drink all the wine!
    And if you be thinkin' to not fill our glass,
    We'll snatch up your wenches, and paddle they ass!"

As his verse finishes, Tori hops down off the half-orcs shoulders and gives Tonia a swift swat on the arse as she passes.

• Options
    --Baern, you're up to 3 rounds (counting the other party members assistance as 1/2 a round) on your special.--

--Baern, you might also want to detail what your power does, since we've entered a point when it's being used and is available.--