As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scary Time Arrest Question

SnorkSnork wordJamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've done a fair bit of googling and can't really find a definitive answer to this.
A friend of mine got arrested for drug possession last night, and I was with him (along with a few other friends). They took our IDs and searched us as per usual, took him in (as he took responsibility) and let us go.
I live in New England, where apparently every arrest ever is published in the newspaper. My question is this: is there any change our names (more specifically mine) will be in the paper as well? We weren't charged with anything, but were obviously involved in the goings down.
It doesn't seem like we will be, but I couldn't really get a good answer and didn't want to take the word of random people on some random sketchy forum somewhere.
So I came here!

Snork on

• Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Your name will not be in the paper, no.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hooray. Thanks for the help

Snork on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You're in the police report, so potentially your name could get out there eventually.

Typically the rags and crappy local papers that run the blotter are only interested the names of the actual arrestees though.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ATIRageATIRage Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Without a charge its not likely your names ended up in any documents that the press could readily get a hold of.

ATIRage on