As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    is it 9-3 now or did espn break

9-3, Staal got the hat trick.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The 44 goals ties the record for most goals in a series.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    And that makes 10!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think they just gave out an hour's worth of penalties on that play.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    did the penguins wake up today and realize that they were in the playoffs or something?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    What'd I say, they're just getting it all out now so that they can get humiliated and lose the series on home ice on Friday.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I don't even know what to make of that game.

Other than a likely suspension for Rinaldo, I don't think there will be anything to draw on for game 5. The flyers all looked half asleep.

Also, holy shit the Canucks are going down. Anze ftw.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Cant even watch the canucks game. So sad

• Options
    Oh snap, back comes Vancouver. Maybe there is some heart there.

• Options
    So, who is Luongo getting traded to this offseason? I'm thinking Luongo/(Hamuis, Ballard, or Salo) to Edmonton for a package of players and 1st pick.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    did the penguins wake up today and realize that they were in the playoffs or something?

Even with the hat trick!

They're still going down though.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I hope the flyers bother to show up at tomorrows game, because they sure weren't quite there last night.

• Options
    Fucking Rangers. Need to stop letting the games go into overtime.

• Options
    I'm really hoping Henrik gets a fine for his piddly shit elbow to Dustin Brown last night.

Such a little bitch.

• Options
    AceFantasticAceFantastic Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    So, who is Luongo getting traded to this offseason? I'm thinking Luongo/(Hamuis, Ballard, or Salo) to Edmonton for a package of players and 1st pick.

Eh, there's some problems with an idea like that. First of all, they're divisional rivals. Secondly, Edmonton doesn't really need a goalie all that bad.

The general consensus on possible teams are: Toronto, Columbus, and Tampa. These three all desperately need a goalie enough to offer some big names in return for a top 10 goalie like Luongo. There's of course a few other teams that could be interested (New Jersey/Colorado/San Jose/Chicago/Islanders) but those are less likely for a variety of reasons.

tegan.jpg
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    If the Finals come down to Quick/Lundqvist, I think the networks will kill themselves.

I, on the other hand, will love every scoreless minute of it.

If the Rangers make it to the finals, that will shock me above anything else that has or can happen this year.

This is me but LA

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Fucking Rangers. Need to stop letting the games go into overtime.

That game was fucking wiiiicked.

Now I need to rob someone of their tickets to game six!

Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Washington pulls it out, awesome.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    for fuck's sake, chicago

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    How does Vancouver trade a guy with 10 years left and a no trade clause?

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    God damnit San Jose

You would think after 13 tries at the playoffs they could put forth a better effort than this

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    AceFantasticAceFantastic Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    How does Vancouver trade a guy with 10 years left and a no trade clause?

By finding a team that doesn't have a goalie. Of the three likely teams I mentioned before (who all desperately need a goalie), two of them have players that make a trade very easy. Columbus needs to move Nash out sometime before next season so some sort of package of players could be made to work as long as Nash approves it (I personally don't think he would unless nothing else was working). Tampa has Lecavalier who's a regressed heavily and is now a mid 20 goal scorer eating up 7.8 million until 2020, so a straight up trade could appease both teams.

Anyway Lou's on very good terms with the Canucks, and the no trade clause isn't likely to be a problem with how he's been treated by the media. In Tampa's case, he still owns property down in Florida and his wife is from there too so it's not exactly a hard sell on getting him to go down to Tampa to backstop Stamkos and St.Louis.

tegan.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    Washington pulls it out, awesome.

I want them to win this series almost more than I want Ottawa to win. Almost.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    As a six seed in this East, boy do I want the Sens and Caps to win. Rangers and Bruins are two teams who I just don't think the Devils can beat.

• Options
    Yes, fuck the Rangers all day. If someone could knock them out before the Flyers get to them that'd be swell.

• Options
    Borommakot wrote: »
    As a six seed in this East, boy do I want the Sens and Caps to win. Rangers and Bruins are two teams who I just don't think the Devils can beat.

Given how much trouble Florida is giving them so far, I don't see them beating much else even if they win this first round.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    I just want the Rangers to win the cup, is that so much to ask?

Honestly, Ottawa is one of the only teams in the East that I absolutely hate facing. They consistently have some ridiculous trouble playing that team, no matter the circumstances. It's some weird shit.

Here's to taking games 5 and 6.

Also, game 5 in the Philly/Pitts series: 15-11 Philly. I'm calling it. What a ludicrous series that is.

• Options
    No. Bad Vargas.

Everyone must cheer for Ottawa.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    All must cheer for Ottawa at all times

• Options
    Let's go Sens!

How'd I do?

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    tonight the wings make their incredible comeback

do they even get ice in nashville? buncha pretenders

the north remembers

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    let's go rangers

• Options
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Nevermind

Peen on
  • Options
    Squall wrote: »
    tonight the wings make their incredible comeback

do they even get ice in nashville? buncha pretenders

the north remembers
    yes we do get ice and ya'll going down

I'm gonna be at the game tonight screaming obscenities at your punk ass team

• Options
    gonna be webering all the red wings fans at the vendor stands

slamming faces into the glass where you watch them pour the funnel cake batter

YEAH GO PREDATORS *foam at mouth*

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    n-no!!!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hey everyone, here's something the local minor league hockey team threw together back when paul maclean was our head coach

oldschool.jpg

go mallards!

• Options
    hartnellllllllll

This discussion has been closed.