As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE] - A Game of Megathrons

• JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    I'm bored with Tera and SWTOR, and dunno if I'll get into GW2. So I've been considering killing time in EVE by the end of summer as well. I know for a fact at least half my shit went splat a long time ago though. As it was parked in a POS maintenance bay in that one dead-end system with Ark like 3 jumps off the regular travel route between Delve and Querious the LAST time GF was in Delve... And knowing my luck I logged out in a fucking Badger instead of the Hulk or Ratter too...

• runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So...are we still in GF and do we still hold sov in uhhh, that place we held sov late last year? If I log in my Nyx, will I be surprise sexed at some hostile tower that's in our old space?
    Since forming the CFC we've never lost any territory that hasn't since been retaken. I can't guarantee we'll still have a pos where you last logged though. Which region was it?

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Finally in a Tengu.

... According to the in game fitting window, it does about 445 DPS. And I get 7-10m ticks in it when doing hubs.

My Ishtar is up to 16-18m ticks now that I've updated it's fit. So my Tengu is a 600m paperweight until I get some more Tengu and Missile skills, I guess. =/

Still, in a Tengu. Woo.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So...are we still in GF and do we still hold sov in uhhh, that place we held sov late last year? If I log in my Nyx, will I be surprise sexed at some hostile tower that's in our old space?
    Since forming the CFC we've never lost any territory that hasn't since been retaken. I can't guarantee we'll still have a pos where you last logged though. Which region was it?

Dek, I'm good. I logged in last night and the POS is still there, with the same name. Even still has the SMA and stuff. I'm safe, all is well.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    JediNight wrote: »
    I'm bored with Tera and SWTOR, and dunno if I'll get into GW2. So I've been considering killing time in EVE by the end of summer as well. I know for a fact at least half my shit went splat a long time ago though. As it was parked in a POS maintenance bay in that one dead-end system with Ark like 3 jumps off the regular travel route between Delve and Querious the LAST time GF was in Delve... And knowing my luck I logged out in a fucking Badger instead of the Hulk or Ratter too...

Jeez the way people talk about GW2, it'll be like the second coming of Christ in game form.

I haven't played this game in the 3 months i've been subbed. But hey, lots of skills trained in that time!

[/Bitter vet]

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    GW2 looks to really shake up how MMO are played.

But, EVE done that already. Too bad it isn't for everyone.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping we'll get some fights as we move into Querious and Period Basis.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Mobile-DMobile-D Registered User regular
    So I took my Harpy (which happens to be my first Tech 2 ship) out to an its first Op today. With railguns it hits out to about 100 km . . . kills a pod in two or three volleys. Let's just say I contributed almost nothing to the fight, but I did do this:

https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/666774

That, plus eight other podded pilots, equals op success in my book.

I hear Makula loves getting webbed by rifters.

Baidol wrote: »
    I hear Makula loves getting webbed by rifters.

I hear he's willing to take us on 2 vs 1, but only if we fly the exact ships in the exact formation that he can destroy us in.

Also, dear god, it's hilarious. Every recording I've heard of his so far has involved one of our spies in his fleet hitting him with ECM at the start of the fight.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    ECM sounds like so much fun. As much as I would get primaried to hell and back, I would love to fit an ECM burst scorpion and warp into the middle of the other guys.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    I was a bit schizophrenic with my training. I could do a lot of stuff, just not perfectly. T2 mining and Orca, T2 ECM (Rook), T1 battleship, almost could fly Logistics, and somewhat close to T2 destroyers and stealth bombers.

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    ECM sounds like so much fun. As much as I would get primaried to hell and back, I would love to fit an ECM burst scorpion and warp into the middle of the other guys.

Just grab a blackbird instead! You get all the fun of ecm, ignore primaries, and for the most part ignore the FC while warping in and out as you please :D

ECOED.jpg
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular

If you PM me your supercap pilot name I'll make sure it's still in corp

Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    QQsomeMore wrote: »
    Halp. I need a director. Returning vet for MerchI

I'm your huckleberry.

Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    You're not going to shoot him in the face now, are you? :lol:

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    Finally in a Tengu.

... According to the in game fitting window, it does about 445 DPS. And I get 7-10m ticks in it when doing hubs.

My Ishtar is up to 16-18m ticks now that I've updated it's fit. So my Tengu is a 600m paperweight until I get some more Tengu and Missile skills, I guess. =/

Still, in a Tengu. Woo.

That seems low - Are you still using T1 launchers? 4 BCUs? Kinetic missiles?

I should probably train my small ships alt to fly a Tengu...but he's usually more useful to me in his recon ship, to scout and open cynos for me.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited July 2012
    V1m wrote: »
    Finally in a Tengu.

Still, in a Tengu. Woo.

Using this fit:
    [Tengu, Every jew had to start somewhere]
    Ballistic Control System II

10MN Afterburner II
    Kinetic Deflection Field II
    Shield Boost Amplifier II
    Small Shield Booster II
    Conjunctive Gravimetric ECCM Scanning Array I

Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator II
    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
    Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
    Tengu Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
    Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
    Tengu Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

My skills must be lacking quite significantly:
    Xython

Attributes

Intelligence: 20
    Perception: 30
    Charisma: 17
    Willpower: 24
    Memory: 20

Missile Launcher Operation
    level1.gif Bomb Deployment
    level1.gif Cruise Missiles
    level3.gif Guided Missile Precision
    level4.gif Heavy Missile Specialization
    level5.gif Heavy Missiles
    level3.gif Light Missiles
    level4.gif Missile Bombardment
    level5.gif Missile Launcher Operation
    level4.gif Missile Projection
    level5.gif Rapid Launch
    level2.gif Rockets
    level4.gif Target Navigation Prediction
    level3.gif Torpedoes
    level3.gif Warhead Upgrades
    Total Skillpoints in Group: 2,425,931

Spaceship Command
    level3.gif Caldari Strategic Cruiser
    Total Skillpoints in Group: 8,503,539

Subsystems
    level4.gif Caldari Defensive Systems
    level3.gif Caldari Electronic Systems
    level3.gif Caldari Engineering Systems
    level3.gif Caldari Offensive Systems
    level3.gif Caldari Propulsion Systems
    Total Skillpoints in Group: 303,530

Total Skillpoints: 36,013,757

It's still relatively early in the skill plan, but I wasn't expecting THAT much of a kick in the nuts as far as DPS goes. My Ishtar is getting 16-18m ticks, this Tengu is getting 9-10m ticks right now.

KiTA on
    Your Caldari Offensive Systems is only 3, as is your Warhead Upgrades. There's the majority of your DPS issues right there.

• ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Oh my god, that made me realize that I don't have Guided Missile Precision at all. Like, I don't even have the skill in my head.

Not a huge deal since I fly Khanid ships (rockets and HAMs), but still.

Zenitram on
    edited July 2012
    Guided Missile Precision is super handy if you fly guided missile boats (like the Tengu) and plan to shoot at small sig targets. I mean, precision heavies already make up the difference really, but Guided Missile Precision is still handy if you don't want to burn expensive precision ammo, especially while ratting.

GnomeTank on
    Your Caldari Offensive Systems is only 3, as is your Warhead Upgrades. There's the majority of your DPS issues right there.

I was gonna ask if that was really that huge of a difference, but I got Level 4 Caldari Offensive and Warhead Upgrades over the past few days and that jumped my DPS up by like 90-100 points. Since my tank doesn't come CLOSE to breaking in Forsaken Hubs I'm going the class cannon route right now, I'm getting Level 5 Caldari Offensive next, then continuing to just get whatever skill is quickest to learn until I am at all 5s. Woo, plans within plans. I still don't quite see how a Tengu can get to 20-25m ticks, but apparently that's faction fit Tengus and the like?

I don't understand what you mean by ticks? Is that isk per hour or something?

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Been a while since I've played EVE, but IIRC ratting bounties aren't given out as you make kills, but in regular time intervals, I suspect those intervals are what is meant by ticks.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Been a while since I've played EVE, but IIRC ratting bounties aren't given out as you make kills, but in regular time intervals, I suspect those intervals are what is meant by ticks.

Yes.

Oh right, they implemented that shit right as I was quitting last time. So we call them ticks now? Okay...

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Ticks has been used to describe any situation wherein things happen in regular intervals. In EVE I've seen it used to also describe each second/point of skill training.

• LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    The Isk/tick metric was new to me too. I'm used to seeing it in units of isk/hour. But it makes sense as a method of tracking income.

edited July 2012
    Every 20 minutes you are rewarded the bounties for the rats you've killed in the past 20 minutes. That's a "tick."

Right now, the highest tick I've seen is 18m, or around ~50-55 million isk/hr ratting in my Ishtar. Some of the Tengu pilots are apparently hitting 25m per tick, or 75m an hour, and apparently our top ratter is hitting ~59m ticks in his Vindicator, or 177m an hour.

Supposedly this is all solo, but with my luck this is "solo" as defined as "me, and my alt assigning fighters to my main", but who knows? I'm just obsessed with making more isk/hr, mainly so I can start bankrolling more interesting things.

KiTA on
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    When an incursion HQ fleet gets going, they can do a site every 30 minutes. For 31mil and 7,000 CONCORD LP per site, that's not too shabby, especially when you don't have to keep your eye on local or D-Scan. It does require you to pay a little bit of attention, but as far as social PVE goes it's pretty fun.

I'm noticing on the influence maps, that there is a large chunk of space near Stain that has no Sov -- is that another area similar to Jovian space? Or some odd Empire outlier?

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    IIRC stain has some NPC stations, which is where the "Stain Empire" came from. We used to shoot them in delve.

Ahhh -- I actually vaguely remember those NPC stations from way back during beta, now that I think about it. I had a bugged frigate with negative stats, so I was permanently trailing flames, but invincible. So I went flying through zero sec for a couple hours exploring and remember coming across just a handful of those.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Finally in a Tengu.

Still, in a Tengu. Woo.

Using this fit:
    [Tengu, Every jew had to start somewhere]

10MN Afterburner II
    Shield Boost Amplifier II
    Small Shield Booster II
    Conjunctive Gravimetric ECCM Scanning Array I

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator II
    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
    Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
    Tengu Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
    Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
    Tengu Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst

My skills must be lacking quite significantly:
    Xython

Attributes

Intelligence: 20
    Perception: 30
    Charisma: 17
    Willpower: 24
    Memory: 20

Missile Launcher Operation
    level1.gif Bomb Deployment
    level1.gif Cruise Missiles
    level3.gif Guided Missile Precision
    level4.gif Heavy Missile Specialization
    level5.gif Heavy Missiles
    level3.gif Light Missiles
    level4.gif Missile Bombardment
    level5.gif Missile Launcher Operation
    level4.gif Missile Projection
    level5.gif Rapid Launch
    level2.gif Rockets
    level4.gif Target Navigation Prediction
    level3.gif Torpedoes
    level3.gif Warhead Upgrades
    Total Skillpoints in Group: 2,425,931

Spaceship Command
    level3.gif Caldari Strategic Cruiser
    Total Skillpoints in Group: 8,503,539

Subsystems
    level4.gif Caldari Defensive Systems
    level3.gif Caldari Electronic Systems
    level3.gif Caldari Engineering Systems
    level3.gif Caldari Offensive Systems
    level3.gif Caldari Propulsion Systems
    Total Skillpoints in Group: 303,530

Total Skillpoints: 36,013,757

It's still relatively early in the skill plan, but I wasn't expecting THAT much of a kick in the nuts as far as DPS goes. My Ishtar is getting 16-18m ticks, this Tengu is getting 9-10m ticks right now.

You're not getting much use out of your rig slots. Although Rigors don't increase your "EFT DPS", they will help with your real DPS. Standard PvE Tengu Rig loadout is 2x T2 Rigor 1x T2 Flare, with which your T2 Fury missiles will be doing full damage to everything bigger than a Cruiser. It's been quite a while since I did anoms (and that was Angels with a Machariel) so I don't know how BS-heavy the ones you're farming are now. If you're only seeing maybe 25% or fewer of the rats being Cruiser/Frigate size, then maybe go with 2x T2 Rigor, 1x CCC

A cheap faction (ie: Domination or Carldari Navy, not the -type Deadspace ones) medium shield booster is also a nice addition to your burst tank, but if you're not having tanking issues now, then don't bother.

Some +3% hardwirings will also make a nice difference to your sustained DPS; you can get +Launcher RoF, +Precision, +Damage )and maybe a cap implant for slot 6 if you're not using it for a fitting Implant). That will easily add +7 or 8% to your real DPS.

Once you've got your Offensive Subsystems to 5 (the per-level bonus for this is massive btw, read the description of the Accelerated Ejection subsystem) then you want to work on your missile skills. The following should all be at 4, then trained to 5 in the following priority:

Rapid Launch
    Target Navigation Prediction
    Guided Missile Precision
    Missile Bombardment*
    Heavy Missile Specialisation
    Warhead Upgrades

Training the last two to level 5 is a pretty marginal affair - about 2M SP for a 4% DPS increase. Consider them as optional...

*I would advise that you only bother with Missile Bombardment 5 if you're going to fly other missile boats like Stealth Bombers or Typhoons or something. I guess it's nice for Drakefleet.

• WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So, I currently have a Hurricane fitted out with T2 420mm AC's (Or 425's can't recall exactly, but you know what I mean). Would it be worth my time to switch out to Artillery? I have no issues with L3 missions, but I've been hearing that I might be going about this the wrong way?

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
    Zenitram wrote: »
    When an incursion HQ fleet gets going, they can do a site every 30 minutes. For 31mil and 7,000 CONCORD LP per site, that's not too shabby, especially when you don't have to keep your eye on local or D-Scan. It does require you to pay a little bit of attention, but as far as social PVE goes it's pretty fun.

No one does Incursions any more. CCP ruined them.

• Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular

I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling here KiTA. Probably not because you were ranting about the vanguard changes, but whether those were justified or not is completely irrelevant to HQ sites which were straight-out buffed.

How much is 14k CONCORD LP worth these days? 62 mill/hr plus that LP could make it worthwhile, if LP has recovered from the huge amounts being pumped out by vanguards even with a low 1k ISK/LP estimate that's 76 mill/hr.

edited July 2012

I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling here KiTA. Probably not because you were ranting about the vanguard changes, but whether those were justified or not is completely irrelevant to HQ sites which were straight-out buffed.

How much is 14k CONCORD LP worth these days? 62 mill/hr plus that LP could make it worthwhile, if LP has recovered from the huge amounts being pumped out by vanguards even with a low 1k ISK/LP estimate that's 76 mill/hr.

Unless I misundersood the patch notes et all, I was under the impression they fucked up ALL Incursion sites, specifically fucking up the ones that we were going to move to. Basically it went:

* CCP places Incursion changes for Vanguard sites on test server
    * Changes get tested, generally are accepted as being needed and not out of line
    * CCP drinks enough vodka to piss themselves again
    * CCP wakes up, does a completely different, untested set of changes to ALL incursion sites, not just Vanguards, completely ruining them.

Basically they're not worth the hassle to run anymore when you could go do a Guristas Forsaken Hub or Guristas Forlorn Hub any Nullsec Anom solo for 50 to 150m isk an hour, depending on your skill and ship setup.

Edit: I just checked in with the Incursions SIG in Goonfleet, and no, no one is running Incursions anymore. They're just too much effort for not enough reward.

KiTA on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Can I join you in your Space Corporation to do some Space stuff?
    I'm pretty new to this but slowly getting the hang on it.

This discussion has been closed.