Options

[SW:TOR]OMG PRE-ORDER OMG! (Wait Collector's Edition is $150? D:) Pre-Order Details in OP

2456797

Posts

  • Options
    KotramKotram Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you receive a survey email, then complete the survey and qualify, you'll be allowed into a limited time test (with research surveys involved). It's quite different from being in the general Game Testing program.

    From the official forums. So it seems like at best those who get accepted via survey might only get a nibble instead of the whole cake. At least, that's what I keep telling myself to alleviate the disappointment in not getting an e-mail. <.<

    Kotram on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A NIBBLE WOULD STILL BE ENOUGH D:D:D:

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Greentea661Greentea661 Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    So my guild got spammed once again by this stupid link. I am tired of getting it but it seems to be something new everytime. Always about the same damn guild though. Jeeeeezz what are they getting themselves into?

    Greentea661 on
  • Options
    NerfThatManNerfThatMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    currently using my knowledge of the motion picture and book sensation "the secret" to create a vision board of an e-mail.

    NerfThatMan on
    PSN: corporateshill
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The only game I ever got in to test relatively early was Hellgate: London. :(

    captaink on
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    A NIBBLE WOULD STILL BE ENOUGH D:D:D:

    That's how it starts.

    Until it ends.

    devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well I don't qualify. Lame. :(

    PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just want a taste of the Smuggler class D:

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Inter_dInter_d Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Soooo companions.

    Sound pretty cool to me, man.

    Inter_d on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really wanted to roll a smuggler, but thanks to the miracle of Facebook and the opportunity to reconnect with the people I grew up with, I learned they have all been coerced by our token hardcore Jesus freak to roll Sith.

    I don't mind that they're basically the same class. I just wanted a character that looked more like Cad Bane than Boba Fett. On the bright side, at least smugglers/hunters can tank!

    Morvidus on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    pretty sure smugglers are analogous to agents, while troopers ~= bounty hunters

    moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've been concerned about how similar the classes might be. It's clear they are meant to mirror eachother's roles and trees, but I'm hoping that there is enough difference that playing an Agent still feels different from playing a Smuggler, for example.

    Silas Brown on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm on the fence about that, I rather they mirror exactly like one another aside from asthetics. WAR tried the mirroed classes but different abilities and then some sort of combat style swap between class roles. It would be easier to balance between the two fractions and allow their respective stories be the major difference between mirrored classes.

    Tyberius on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    Arthil wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Adda wrote: »
    Email surveys going out regarding testing groups. Will complete mine on my pc tomorrow but likely fail it will I. Failing survey leads to anger etc etc

    what what what?

    Let's bring the discussion back here, and I reiterate:
    what what what?

    Yeah what they said.

    Wait.

    But yes, the hell is this? I've not gotten an email, not been registered on their site for as long as SOME people but quite a while D:

    Sorry for late reply as it was nearly 3 in the morning for me when these questions were posted. As others have said it is a survey to get into a limited time test as with previous phases.

    Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    :( No survey for me. Unless its in the spam folder! Its not in the spam folder :(


    Should I bother updating my system specs so theyll know I have a new video card?

    emp123 on
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Stephen Reid seemed to put forward that this is a demographic market test. As a 24 year old male, I'm pretty sure I'm in one of the largest pools.

    devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    We're in the same pool :(

    emp123 on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Adda wrote: »
    Email surveys going out regarding testing groups. Will complete mine on my pc tomorrow but likely fail it will I. Failing survey leads to anger etc etc

    The force is weak with this one :(

    Not sure if this is worse than getting no email.

    Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Adda wrote: »
    Adda wrote: »
    Email surveys going out regarding testing groups. Will complete mine on my pc tomorrow but likely fail it will I. Failing survey leads to anger etc etc

    The force is weak with this one :(

    Not sure if this is worse than getting no email.

    It is. You were given hope, you had The Old Republic dangled in front of your face only to have it snatched away at the last moment. I, after years of no-beta invite, have been conditioned to accept a beta-less existence. I wish you well on your recovery...

    emp123 on
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ADDENDUM A
    PERMITTED DISCLOSURES

    1. The fact that there is a Game Program.
    2. The fact that you are a member of the Game Program.

    Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Louie wrote: »
    ADDENDUM A
    PERMITTED DISCLOSURES

    1. The fact that there is a Game Program.
    2. The fact that you are a member of the Game Program.

    Congrats mon frere!

    Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can test! I'm a good tester!

    (no I'm not)

    belligerent on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Morvidus wrote: »
    I really wanted to roll a smuggler, but thanks to the miracle of Facebook and the opportunity to reconnect with the people I grew up with, I learned they have all been coerced by our token hardcore Jesus freak to roll Sith.



    This is really, really, goddamn funny to me, for some reason.


    Also, has there been any word on if they're going to do a continuous beta test instead of a bunch of phased ones that you're kicked out of at the end? It sounds like that's what they're doing, which would make the chances of me getting to even play the game slim to none, if I got invited.

    Archonex on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Archonex wrote: »
    Morvidus wrote: »
    I really wanted to roll a smuggler, but thanks to the miracle of Facebook and the opportunity to reconnect with the people I grew up with, I learned they have all been coerced by our token hardcore Jesus freak to roll Sith.



    This is really, really, goddamn funny to me, for some reason.


    Also, has there been any word on if they're going to do a continuous beta test instead of a bunch of phased ones that you're kicked out of at the end? It sounds like that's what they're doing, which would make the chances of me getting to even play the game slim to none, if I got invited.

    Apparently a continuous one is actually happening in addition to these focus groups.

    Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    You guys discuss this game, which isn't even out yet, faster than any other game on these damn forums.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

    belligerent on
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shanadeus wrote: »
    Then call it a wizard?
    I've heard of tech-wizards but the term "sorcerer" seems so out of place in a sci-fi.

    but you're fine that it has knights, princesses, and space dragons

    Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As a 24 year old male, I'm pretty sure I'm in one of the largest pools.

    Congratulations, kid. Everyone is now selling everything to you.

    Fairchild on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You guys discuss this game, which isn't even out yet, faster than any other game on these damn forums.
    For the first four months of Bioware's last big release, the ME2 folder was generating 100 pages of comment per day.

    Fairchild on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tyberius wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about that, I rather they mirror exactly like one another aside from asthetics. WAR tried the mirroed classes but different abilities and then some sort of combat style swap between class roles. It would be easier to balance between the two fractions and allow their respective stories be the major difference between mirrored classes.

    None of the classes seem to mirror each other much at all, honestly.

    I LIKE that.

    Edit:

    I do not appear to be apart of their target demographic :( ...

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    devCharles wrote: »
    Stephen Reid seemed to put forward that this is a demographic market test. As a 24 year old male, I'm pretty sure I'm in one of the largest pools.

    I don't know..could also be that they're trying to see how attractive the game is to people outside of their main demographic with this survey.
    I mean, they KNOW that young male adults are generally interested in this game, there's really no need to test that.

    Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maz- wrote: »
    devCharles wrote: »
    Stephen Reid seemed to put forward that this is a demographic market test. As a 24 year old male, I'm pretty sure I'm in one of the largest pools.

    I don't know..could also be that they're trying to see how attractive the game is to people outside of their main demographic with this survey.
    I mean, they KNOW that young male adults are generally interested in this game, there's really no need to test that.

    I moved out of the 18-35 bracket last year. Now I have a reason to be glad.

    Arryn on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When signing up on the TOR website, I should have specified that I was a 94 year old, blind, asexual hermaphrodite from Newfoundland who likes women's wrestling and sewing.
    Who was adopted.

    Now that should have given me a spot in that survey.

    Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Huh, I hadn't set myself as Male, damn thing was blank. God I hope that isn't why I wasn't picked :<

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have purchased and played every Bioware game since Baldur's Gate 1. That should earn me a spot in beta methinks.

    Lucascraft on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    Huh, I hadn't set myself as Male, damn thing was blank. God I hope that isn't why I wasn't picked :<

    asexual testing happens next week

    Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shanadeus wrote: »
    Then call it a wizard?
    I've heard of tech-wizards but the term "sorcerer" seems so out of place in a sci-fi.

    but you're fine that it has knights, princesses, and space dragons

    I would like to point out that Sith Sorcery has been canon in Star Wars since "A New Hope" was released in '77 when Motti said "Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader" right before Vader Force Choked him.

    AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So for whatever reason, discussion in these threads prompted me to download the second Ewoks movie. Holy hell does this look terrible 26 years later.

    Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So for whatever reason, discussion in these threads prompted me to download the second Ewoks movie. Holy hell does this look terrible 26 years later.

    If you're feeling brave, find the old "Droids" cartoon series. God is there some awful shit in there.

    Arryn on
  • Options
    Mnemon-CorbantisMnemon-Corbantis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Khaczor wrote: »
    I wish I could block all communication for people who World first getting to max level or whatever in the fastest time or taking down raid bosses. I simply do not give shit.

    Same here.

    I got super wrapped up in all that kind of stuff with Warhammer. I was the head of one of the highest ranking and best guilds on Badlands, and was super concerned about being the top Order guild as far as level goes, making sure we had folks getting server firsts and high in the renown rankings, etc.

    Then six months down the road I realized none of it matter. Most of the people who did care at launch weren't around any more (those go go go! folks are always the first to burn out). The people who were left either didn't remember or didn't care to begin with.

    So ultimately it was all an exercise in futility.

    That'll be my retort to anybody touting their awesomeness in TOR at launch. It's a marathon, not a sprint. We'll see where you are in six months.

    Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
This discussion has been closed.