Options

[SW:TOR]OMG PRE-ORDER OMG! (Wait Collector's Edition is $150? D:) Pre-Order Details in OP

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well..maybe because you haven't played the game yet? :?:

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Though if you haven't read the companion biographies on the website, you probably should. They are keen.

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wonder if there's a climactic scene where you pull an opposite-alignment move and half your companions turn on you

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    übergeek wrote: »
    I've never bothered to find this out, but it just occured to me. Can you get yellow lightsabers? I like yellow ones. Like the color you could get in the jedi knight games.

From one of the old leaks.
    Q. Could you list all available lightsaber colors. Are there variations of the colors (light blue, dark blue, etc)
    A. Blue, Red, Yellow, Purple, Orange. These are the only ones I have seen and no, I havent seen variations.

He missed green though, I'm 99% sure there's green as well.

I had a crystal that turned my blade silver in KoToR 1.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    juanpierrejuanpierre Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Though if you haven't read the companion biographies on the website, you probably should. They are keen.

Unfortunately they don't have any info on the Trandoshan companion for the Consular. At least not that I can find. Seems like there's a cool story behind that. The last thing I expected for a Consular was to have was Bossk running around with him/her.

Honestly, I feel like they're skimping on Consular info in general. The class page is the least informative of all 8 classes.

juanpierre on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    übergeek wrote: »
    I've never bothered to find this out, but it just occured to me. Can you get yellow lightsabers? I like yellow ones. Like the color you could get in the jedi knight games.

From one of the old leaks.
    Q. Could you list all available lightsaber colors. Are there variations of the colors (light blue, dark blue, etc)
    A. Blue, Red, Yellow, Purple, Orange. These are the only ones I have seen and no, I havent seen variations.

He missed green though, I'm 99% sure there's green as well.

I had a crystal that turned my blade silver in KoToR 1.

You mean the special blueish one, and the other was orangeish that you get from Yavin?. Those are non standard colors. They could be in, but those would probably be endgame, the rest of the leaks say they haven't seen anything outside the standard ROYGBIV (no indigo though).

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Something I haven't seen or heard about anywhere: racial stats. Which is surprising because you would think that testers or anyone trying the game at E3 would be able to speak to this. Are races just cosmetic?

juanpierre on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want to see some of the saber colors from the Force Unleashed series. The white and black ones specifically, but also some of the ones that were "unstable" were pretty cool too.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    juanpierre wrote: »
    Something I haven't seen or heard about anywhere: racial stats. Which is surprising because you would think that testers or anyone trying the game at E3 would be able to speak to this. Are races just cosmetic?

I know the PC gamer video had character creation disabled. You just get a stock character. So we might not know yet.

If they follow WoW's lead, race choice will be 90% cosmetic. I haven't heard mention of any kind of racial abilities, so it may even be 100% cosmetic. Which would be nice, frankly.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    captaink wrote: »
    Which would be nice, frankly.

Agreed. RPers would like the freedom, and minmaxers would like to avoid the "Oh shit I should have rolled _________ instead!"

juanpierre on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think most modern MMOs make racial stats a negligible effect if it exists at all. It is not worth it to limit players like that.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    ShiningfuryShiningfury Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A cinematic question: do lightsabers have mass? In some fights, such as the final Luke vs. Vader or Malgus vs. the Zabrak Jedi Master, the fight is won by brute force. How would kinetic force be transmitted through a lightsaber blade?

It felt like the thread wasn't geeky enough.

Shiningfury on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The fact that they collide means they can transfer kinetic energy of the wielder's arms. It doesn't really matter what the "explanation" for the actual blade is.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh god let's not get into the fact that supposedly a lightsaber is plasma and shouldn't even be able to collide with another one.

LASER SWORDS WHEE

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The answer is, as always, a space wizard did it.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maz- wrote: »
    The answer is, as always, a space wizard did it.
    With Force Fields. Not the midichlorian kind of force fields in this specific case, but rather force fields in a more Star Tr, err, sorry, I mean, shitshitshit, I KNOW THERE'S A SCENE WITH A FORCEFIELD SOMEWHERE?!

Calixtus on
    -This message was deviously brought to you by:
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In Revenge of the Sith when they're on Grievous's flagship :<...?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Remember in Jedi Outcast, where if you scratch your saber across a wall, it leaves a scorch mark? that was pretty cool. Jedi Outcast was way ahead of its time.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SW: Battlefront on my X-box was another game that knocked my socks off. The hair on my body stood on end when I logged into my 1st Battle for Hoth. WoW also gave me one of those goosebump moments, waaaaay back in good ol' june 2005 on my first toon I walked up to Dolanaar and watched the giant ancient walk around the village, for hours... I think TOR will have something like that for me. Looking forward to playing with yous guys'

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Remember in Jedi Outcast, where if you scratch your saber across a wall, it leaves a scorch mark? that was pretty cool. Jedi Outcast was way ahead of its time.

Dismemberment + slow motion cheat mode was fun.

I killed Desann in five seconds by jumping over him and slicing his head off while I was upside down above him.

Echo on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think I need to play Jedi Outcast.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Echo wrote: »

I killed Desann in five seconds by jumping over him and slicing his head off while I was upside down above him.

I love the move where you do a 180 side spin and stab your saber backwards and impale your enemy right through the chest. It never gets old.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Mnemon-CorbantisMnemon-Corbantis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    captaink wrote: »
    juanpierre wrote: »

I know the PC gamer video had character creation disabled. You just get a stock character. So we might not know yet.

If they follow WoW's lead, race choice will be 90% cosmetic. I haven't heard mention of any kind of racial abilities, so it may even be 100% cosmetic. Which would be nice, frankly.

pretty sure there were no racial stats on the leaked videos from a month or so back. there were character backstories though.

on a side note, added forums to the TOR Report, so if these board are down and you want to get your TOR chat on, head over!

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    knightblade87knightblade87 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    my issue with racals is that it really just make balance more then a pain then it is. the racals in wow for the most part small perks. and this game it really looks there is only 2 races a class mim so it matters little to me.

i also like that not every race can be everything, it adds a bit of magic to a race if only one class can be one, i hate that in wow lately that races can be petty mush anything they want now, trolls and dwrafs can roll every class but one. i like the idea that taurens can only be durids on the horde same for blood elves and paladin.

knightblade87 on
  • Options
    Jokers GambleJokers Gamble Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I love the move where you do a 180 side spin and stab your saber backwards and impale your enemy right through the chest. It never gets old.

That move makes me want to play the Warrior or Knight in TOR. It looks so cool when the Warrior finishes of a Jedi with that in the early dev walkthrough. I kinda hope the Juggernaut and Guardian will be Viable as DPS though as I really despise tanking.

Jokers Gamble on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    my issue with racals is that it really just make balance more then a pain then it is. the racals in wow for the most part small perks. and this game it really looks there is only 2 races a class mim so it matters little to me.

i also like that not every race can be everything, it adds a bit of magic to a race if only one class can be one, i hate that in wow lately that races can be petty mush anything they want now, trolls and dwrafs can roll every class but one. i like the idea that taurens can only be durids on the horde same for blood elves and paladin.

Racials weren't a small park in WoW though. And still aren't to some extent.

And it's caused alot of balance issues over the years.

Racials are stupid.

shryke on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Stoneforming out of that bitch guy with the Poison in AQ40 was AWESOME.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    knightblade87knightblade87 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    shryke wrote: »

Racials weren't a small park in WoW though. And still aren't to some extent.

And it's caused alot of balance issues over the years.

Racials are stupid.

i have no clue why i said small perk since now humens have a free pvp trinket, orcs get a extra pvp trinket, and petty mush most racals of the new races like the sprint and aoe silence that also give back mana and whatever the class use are overpowered. i agree racals are dumb and offer about nothing but balance. it also to note that there really isn't some racal diffences with the races in star wars.

outside of about 5 races there really isn't a race that eed to have a warstomp or a rocket power boots. wookies may be more stronger and gunguns are swifter in water, and ewoks have magical plot powers.

knightblade87 on
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mark Hamill actually talked about the lightsabers in a TV show, and how he begged with George Lucas to let him do some one handed lightsaber moves because it can add a lot visually. George Lucas said that they're supposed to be treated like katanas since he was inspired heavily by the Kurosawa film the Hidden Fortress. Lo and behold, the prequels come along and everybody is one handing lightsabers and Mark Hamill kind of rolled his eyes about how strange Lucas is.
    on a side note, added forums to the TOR Report, so if these board are down and you want to get your TOR chat on, head over!

When release comes closer, that will probably be where we'll do any guild forum stuff as the official site is all sorts of retarded, and this forum occasionally locks down during peak usage. Hopefully testing is going well for the new software here.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A cinematic question: do lightsabers have mass? In some fights, such as the final Luke vs. Vader or Malgus vs. the Zabrak Jedi Master, the fight is won by brute force. How would kinetic force be transmitted through a lightsaber blade?

It felt like the thread wasn't geeky enough.

Nerd time.

According to wookieepedia at least, the lightsaber blade does not have mass, but the generation of that blade causes a gyroscopic effect.

And while the blade is indeed mass-less, a field is formed around the energy that causes resistence when it meets anther solid object.

In fact, the lightsaber energy cell is only drained when the blade comes in contact with another object.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber

Interesting read actually. I ignored most of the history section and just read the mechanics of it.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Jokers GambleJokers Gamble Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I was watching the video of them using a Speeder Bike and all I can think is the made it a Space Segway.

Jokers Gamble on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    devCharles wrote: »
    Mark Hamill actually talked about the lightsabers in a TV show, and how he begged with George Lucas to let him do some one handed lightsaber moves because it can add a lot visually. George Lucas said that they're supposed to be treated like katanas since he was inspired heavily by the Kurosawa film the Hidden Fortress. Lo and behold, the prequels come along and everybody is one handing lightsabers and Mark Hamill kind of rolled his eyes about how strange Lucas is.

I consider Star Wars to be good in spite of Lucas, not because of him.

Echo on
  • Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    devCharles wrote: »

I consider Star Wars to be good in spite of Lucas, not because of him.

Doesn't everyone consider that to be the case now? I thought the prequels revealed that the original trilogy's success was due to the other people not enabling him to ruin the film.

lostprophet on
    Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lucas is good ideas, bad execution. He is the type of creator who desperately requires a permanent editor and his work went downhill the moment he became so powerful nobody could edit him anymore.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I've been playing Champions Online, and I got to say, the Adventure Packs and some other stuff in CO are really damn interesting and story-driven, if a bit hamfisted (in a typical comic book way).

Playing that just made me even more excited about TOR.

(now if only there weren't so many "go to [sewer/lab/warehouse] and [kill/collect] [enemies/briefcases] [and maybe a dude at the end]" quests.)

Echo on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    To be fair to Lucas, plenty of other people did more damage to Star Wars than he did. EU, The Christmas Special....ehhh

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lucas didn't do the Christmas Special?

VoodooV on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    jdarksun wrote: »
    There's nothing in the EU that was worse than Lil' Annie in Ep. 1 and Jar Jar (anywhere).

This is a hole we don't want to go down, I leave you with this.

horse_pilot_concept_art.gif

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mildly glad that image isn't deeplinking

jar jar might still be the worst though

at least we couldn't hear what all the EU guys sound like

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Fortune City? Fizban, you should be jailed just for making me remember that place still exists.

JustinSane07 on
This discussion has been closed.