Options

[RIFT] - Update 1.7 : Patch notes page 86 guild on gnarlewood

M.D.M.D. and then what happens?Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in MMO Extravaganza
RiftLogo_v03_RGB_1200x800-586x390.png

1.3 Waves of Madness

Hey folks this is the Rift thread if you haven't noticed for the Dynamic Fantasy MMORPG. :P
What is Rift?

Rift is an MMORPG set in the fantasy world of Telara, which is the focal point of different planes (worlds). Through the actions of the death god Regulos, these worlds have now invaded Telara, causing rifts to open. Opposing Regulos are two factions: the Guardians and the Defiants. The conflict between these two factions serves as another source of tension and gameplay. Players have the role of Ascended: resurrected soldiers whose task is to defeat the forces of Regulos and cleanse Telara forever of his threat.
Factions!
The Guardians

guardiancolor.jpg

The Guardians are the chosen of Telara’s gods, the Vigil. After the tyrant Aedraxis called forth power from the Plane of Death and devastated Telara, the Vigil chose the greatest souls who fell that day to be harbingers of the next era. A golden age awaits, but Telara must first be saved — by deed, by example, and by the sword. Its people must be redeemed, its corruptors purged, before the world can truly be safe.
The Defiants

defiantcolor.jpg

The Defiant do not care whether the gods abandoned the world or not. To them, this entire planar convergence disaster is the gods' fault in the first place. Indeed, as soon as things went from bad to worse, the gods suddenly and inexplicably disappeared.

The Classes

riftclasses1.jpg

The Rifts

As you understand there are Rifts that open up throughout the land of Telara. It's the job of both factions to maintain the balance and close these rifts to prevent Regulos from destroying the world. You are also stopping the other 5 dragons from doing the same; as Regulos is only the dragon of Death.
Plane of Death

planesdeathmasthead.jpg

The Plane of Death is an endless, flat expanse of dust and bleached bone. Shadowy tendrils slither across the horizon, while vast obsidian spikes tear from the ground to claw at skies of purple and gray. The few clouds are ragged and pale, and the occasional flash of lightning sets everything into stark relief.
Plane of Air

poaheader.jpg

The Plane of Air is made up almost entirely of its primary element: an endless, turbulent sky. Cloudscapes replace landscapes, roiling and writhing, crashing together like continents. Air elementals and djinali ride the lightning that arcs between thunderheads, while rocs cruise the twisting wind, feasting on winged serpents.

Plane of Earth

poeheader.jpg

The Plane of Earth is a desert of multicolored sand, pierced by massive spikes of crystal and stone. Rivers of molten metal flow down mountains that rise beyond the sky, cooling sometimes into continents of alloy in a sea of dust. Rock formations defy gravity as tiny necks of stone support boulders that span between horizons, dotted with gems as big as houses.

Plane of Fire

pofheader.jpg

The Plane of Fire is a broken and cracked expanse of sharp rocks and blasted mountains, valleys obscured by smoke and ash. Volcanoes rise thousands of feet into the methane sky, spewing rivers of molten rock into seas of fire that the plane’s denizens walk upon as if it were harmless soil.

Plane of Life

polheader.jpg

There is no ground in the Plane of Life, and there is no sky. Both are overgrown with plants as exotic as they are deadly. Roots clash like enemy armies, shoving and scrambling, while vines bulge together, sprouting thorns to stab each other. Mere survival in this plane means no coexistence or compromise, only constant competition.

Plane of Water

powheader.jpg

Be thankful that the planes are closed to mortals, for mere moments of gazing into the Plane of Water would snap the sturdiest psyche. This is the plane of nightmares, the bottomless depths of its endless sea mirroring the darkest corners of the mind.
Penny Arcade Guilds

Currently the PA folks play on 3 servers.

The PvE guild is Knights of Arcadia, Defiant, on Faeblight (dis guild is dead)

The PvP/E guild is The Endless Court(the Six mouth was absorded), Defiant, on Gnarlewood

The EU PvE guild is Planary Arcadia, Defiant, on Argent(dis guild is also dead)

If you want an invite to any guild when you start playing type in the chat window /join PennyArcade and ask for an invite.

M.D. on

• Options
    TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ah, fresh thread smell.

TheOrange on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Plane of earth mob looks terrible compared to the rest. D:

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I wanted to find a source that describes the Cults themselvs as they are more interesting than their respective planes but couldn't find a well writen one, and I lost some of my passion for the game so I didn't feel like writing it myself.

I really like that every cult has an "end game" in mind that you discover through quests, but the presentation is kinda bad so not a lot of people notices it during the trek to 50.

TheOrange on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the stupid guardian and defiant symbols were supposed to have a see through background thing :(

M.D. on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    well for the record, those plane of earth mobs look pretty bitchin in game. Really surreal and surprising when you first come across one. Especially in that area of shimmersand where they look like corpses until they spring to metallic life.

Great new thread. I love the story behind the cults, with Laethys and the Plane of Earth being my favorite. Protip: You know why Laethys' Cult is named The Golden Maw?
    There is a tale of an Oligarch of the Golden Maw who would pour molten gold down the throat of any of his cultists who even used the word “enough.” “Never,” he would say over their hideous corpses, “not even now.” Such is the way of the Golden Maw. They want more, more wealth, bottomless wealth for its own bloated sake.

Only thing I can thing of to add to the OP is a link to bluedots.org , which is like the final word on magery in telara.

and some bad news: some fucking cleric dick bunghole outrolled me on the Icerot Stave from APe. I haaaate him forever.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I played my first battleground last night.

As a lvl 10 Para/Champ/Reav I got like 50 something kills over 3 matches. I thought I was hott stuff...

Then I jumped on my 39 Mage and went with my Pyro/Elem/SC spec and got 123 kills IN ONE MATCH! That was my first time ever playing my Mage in a BG.

I am jumping on the Pyro is wayyyyyy OP bandwagon now.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    1.3 Giant Enemy Crab Patch

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    I played my first battleground last night.

As a lvl 10 Para/Champ/Reav I got like 50 something kills over 3 matches. I thought I was hott stuff...

Then I jumped on my 39 Mage and went with my Pyro/Elem/SC spec and got 123 kills IN ONE MATCH! That was my first time ever playing my Mage in a BG.

I am jumping on the Pyro is wayyyyyy OP bandwagon now.

Welcome to the wagon. There is salve and ointments in the back, just follow the sound of Clerics weeping.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

Welcome to the wagon. There is salve and ointments in the back, just follow the sound of Clerics weeping.

I don't need any salve, I am the one doing the burninging. I can only imagine how bad it must be at 50 when a Pyro has GoS and Fulminate besides.

I died like 4 times and that was because I had more than 2 people on me. Otherwise, I was able to burn down both before I would even hit half health. I imagine if I had actually been carrying health pots, I would have been able to take 3 at once.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hey, new thread. Nice OP, btw. Just a little more information than the last. A little. :P

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I read that whole OP. I liked it.

So, everyone's moving to Sunrest, right?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Houn wrote: »
    I read that whole OP. I liked it.

So, everyone's moving to Faeblight, right?

Fixed that for you.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not unless they're re-rolling. The likelihood that Faeblight or Sunrest will be one of the shards that you can transfer to is probably zero.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If anyone's curious, I'm lvl21, and I haven't been ganked yet. A 50 killed me once, but I attacked them first out of curiosity.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Not unless they're re-rolling. The likelihood that Faeblight or Sunrest will be one of the shards that you can transfer to is probably zero.

The Health Hazards of Pessimism

Anyway, there is no way I could go to a PVP server, no matter how limited the ganking is.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I just bought this. Torn between a Ranger and a Justicar...both seem like good soloers. Anyone care to give me a little guidance here?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    So I just bought this. Torn between a Ranger and a Justicar...both seem like good soloers. Anyone care to give me a little guidance here?

Range kills quick, has a pet to take the damage.

Justicar kills much slower, is a tank that self heals.

If you go Justicar, forget the shield and related feats and rock a 2h Mace.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    nice OP.
    blue dotted.
    move along, nothing to see here.

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This game is eating my life.

I just bought Ocarina of Time for the 3DS and I'm still grinding in Rift.

Khildith on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Heir wrote: »

Until level 30, Marksman with a few points in Ranger kills faster while still retaining a great tank pet, and MM has good survivability in many situations even if their pet dies. You have enough mobility to kite elites to death on your own.

Justicar is pretty slow compared to shaman/druid or inquisitor. Any cleric spec can take a 0-point healing soul to reduce downtime to zero while leveling (investing a bit in sentinel can be great for the crit damage bonus); I'd only switch to Justicar for soloing the occasional elite.

edit: however the game is forgiving enough that you can level at a reasonable speed with literally any spec. So pick whatever seems like fun. A friend of mine leveled his first character, a cleric, to 40 entirely as a Warden before buying a second role, and had a great time.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Six Mouths, if you dont end up moving please let me know if you're interested in doing a co-op raid with The Black Company.

A pm here or in game letter or whatever would be appreciated. Right now TBC can field from 10-15 50's that are raid ready. They asked if we could bring in about 5-10 or so so we could do joint GSB and RoS raids.

If you have a raid ready 50 in TSM and would like to actually do some raids finally (not the pug ones I host but this is how I got noticed cause apparently i'm a decent raid leader :p) let me know cause I am still talking with their leader and trying to get this thing done.

M.D. on
  • Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why hello Rift thread, you've slimmed down since I saw you last.

Please let's stay on Faeblight, I'm a PvE carebear. <.<

Aurin on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I tried to get my IRL friend to play. Even bought it for him over Steam for his birthday. He asked for it.

Then, when I attempted to teach him the basics of "need/greed/pass" he said he didn't like it and would just Need on everything.

It is seriously not that difficult to get, don't be a dick

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I didn't think need/greed/pass was something that needed explaining

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i really wish all games would take warfronts off of PvE servers.

YOU WANT TO BE A CAREBEAR? BE A CAREBEAR THEN.

Same way trammel and felucca should have been different servers rather than "oh ill just portal to fel and do this dungeon and get awesome loot and then go hump in tram!"

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Half of those words made no sense

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ultima Online crap.

It was like 10 years ago man... LET IT GO!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So Corrigan, Vassago, Drokmir, Umesys, Tyranna, Nib, Screech, Visette, Sobenal

you guys done playing I take it? :p

M.D. on
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Killed Greenscale tonight, I was 2nd on damage done and was alive at the end. Not sure which of those these is the most miraculous :)

Muppetman on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nice job, PvE server right?

M.D. on
  • Options
    MuppetmanMuppetman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aye, Blightweald EU - why?

Muppetman on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    just wondering where people had enough to raid :P

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    are people actually killing the world eating gods, how long has this game been out

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    New OP is awesome, great job on that.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    New thread smell, woo! Nice job on that OP too.

ICUb on

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    PlatonicPlatonic Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    hey Eniia, I was impressed with how well you ran the Greenscale pug. If my guild doesn't yield a sufficient amount of people perhaps you could think of doing some kind of "sign up in advance" type pug and just try to include the same people more often as a fallback idea.

anyway, thanks for the stripper pants

<Xii from TBC

Platonic on
  • Options
    28682868 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just re-subbed. Who has the most active guild? Faeblight or Sunrest? I don't care whether or not it has pvps, I just want to make dick jokes in the chat channel while I incredible hulk bounce around.

Also, I can't remember what was fun from the last time I played. I toyed around warrioring last night (Paladin, Reaver, something...) and it was fun, but pretty simple.

Aside from what I just read about pyro mages, how are they when it comes to fun? Rogues? The cleric is right out. I don't need a total run down, I know it's hard when it comes to the soul system and all that.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Platonic wrote: »
    hey Eniia, I was impressed with how well you ran the Greenscale pug. If my guild doesn't yield a sufficient amount of people perhaps you could think of doing some kind of "sign up in advance" type pug and just try to include the same people more often as a fallback idea.

anyway, thanks for the stripper pants

<Xii from TBC

Well I plan on doing it again this Friday, but i'll be away from Tuesday till Friday morning.

I have all the names from the last group since I do believe it to be the best coordinated group i've had taking in there.

I plan on sending an invite to them first before requesting others, because if I can keep the same core people and not have to keep reteaching a fight then I think Greenscale should be downed by a sorta PUG in no time.

M.D. on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    I tried to get my IRL friend to play. Even bought it for him over Steam for his birthday. He asked for it.

Then, when I attempted to teach him the basics of "need/greed/pass" he said he didn't like it and would just Need on everything.

It is seriously not that difficult to get, don't be a dick

It was a sad day when I realized my irl friends could never be my gaming friends

I think it was when I got one to try a City of Heroes trial and his hero was a random gen named 'justin123'

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My irl friends are my gaming friends but they prefer different types of games.

One likes single player fantasy the other likes fighting games.

yep only got two friends :(
    they are my best friends, my friends that are not best dont really play games

M.D. on
This discussion has been closed.