Options

[RIFT] - Update 1.7 : Patch notes page 86 guild on gnarlewood

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Great idea Houn.

Looks like the Sunrest folks are more willing to move than the Faeblight folks.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Are the servers still down? I can't connect. :(

Never mind. They're locked. I see. Ugh, I should have looked before asking a stupid question.

But I just woke up so you can't expect me to be a genius. :D

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There is no real difference between willing to move vs not. 33% from faeblight, 38% from Sunrest. There are a lot of people on Faeblight that selected "will not move," which I am assuming is the carebear factor coming into play.

In any event, we should be seeing some new blood from people not on Fae/Sunrest coming in.

I also didnt see a resposne to my question at the end of my post the other page:

Where is KoA at the end game? TSM is making moves and trying to get our set of players into raids. Even if we cant have guild raids, were still being invited into raids because people know that we can play. Where is KoA? Not sure if anyone that is willing to move servers really cares about raiding, but it may tip the scales one way or another for someone.

One other thing I forgot to mention: We have a flock of players that are hovering in the 40s. I know Pip just dinged fiveoh, and there were quite a few around his start time that are making quick progress to 50. Assuming they don't bail for Fae or quit rift, we'll be pretty close to being able to do 10 man stuff in a couple weeks. This means pretty soon we can start tryin' out GP since I believe it is the same difficulty scale as GSB.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm moving from Sunrest to Faeblight (if it allows me..)

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You forgot the "I want to get out of here" option

Scooter on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Scooter wrote: »
    You forgot the "I want to get out of here" option

You want the "Unsubscribe" button, sir.
    It's funny because it works on multiple levels.

Added a counter for the goddamn checkbox. Goddamn you bitches are demanding. Goddamn!

Houn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    fenja dont go i miss you baby

mostly because i remember playing cox with you for my annual comebacks. At least I think.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There is no real difference between willing to move vs not. 33% from faeblight, 38% from Sunrest. There are a lot of people on Faeblight that selected "will not move," which I am assuming is the carebear factor coming into play.

In any event, we should be seeing some new blood from people not on Fae/Sunrest coming in.

I also didnt see a resposne to my question at the end of my post the other page:

Where is KoA at the end game? TSM is making moves and trying to get our set of players into raids. Even if we cant have guild raids, were still being invited into raids because people know that we can play. Where is KoA? Not sure if anyone that is willing to move servers really cares about raiding, but it may tip the scales one way or another for someone.

One other thing I forgot to mention: We have a flock of players that are hovering in the 40s. I know Pip just dinged fiveoh, and there were quite a few around his start time that are making quick progress to 50. Assuming they don't bail for Fae or quit rift, we'll be pretty close to being able to do 10 man stuff in a couple weeks. This means pretty soon we can start tryin' out GP since I believe it is the same difficulty scale as GSB.

I think this is the million dollar question here. Personally, I'm on Sunrest albiet with another guild, and I routinely see TSM rocking raid rifts and warfronts. Keep in mind that even if you don't like PVP, there's very little of it going on, especially when you're traveling in a group, and if you're just looking to do end game instanced PVE content and dungeon runs, PVP hardly matters at all.

However, I'd hate to see TSM lose all their "guild progress" by all jumping over to Faeblight, and then not really find themselves in a favorable situation.

I started my first character on Faeblight, got to level 30, found things lacking and beat a path to Sunrest. I hooked up with Unrepetant, and we have about 14 or so active level 50's. We've only been on Sunrest for about two months now, so we're behind the gear curve, but I know a lot of us are also looking for other guilds to partner with on the Warfront/Raid scene.

Just some thoughts.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    From what I understand the PvE activity on Faeblight tends to be a bit more fragmented, and while it's possible the TSM people would bolster the KoA ranks to the point where guild raids were the rule, no the exception, it seems silly for them to give up what they already have on the off chance they could recreate it on another server.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I've been gone for a while. Having been busy with school stuff, work stuff, and friends getting married stuff. My sub ended on the 18th, and I don't know if I really want to resub.

Figured you KoA peeps wanted to know.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    A few trends from the numbers so far:

- Most responders came from Sunrest
    - About half of Sunrest is willing to move, the other half would, but prefer not to.
    - Half of Faeblight is completely against moving.

One view is that nearly all of Sunrest is willing at some level to move to Faeblight. Another view is that half of Faeblight is stubborn for one reason or another.

I'd guess it sorta confirms what people on both sides have been saying: PvE guys really refuse to try PvP, and the PvP guys would rather stay where they are, but no enough PvP happens for it to be a huge factor one way or another.

But, you know, statistics can be used to prove anything, right?

Houn on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, coming from someone who hasn't re-subscribed yet. I take it that Sunrest and Faeblight are low on population?

I'm not sure what the free server transfers are for, if they're not in some sort of trouble. Can someone clarify that for me?

Archonex on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Archonex wrote: »
    So, coming from someone who hasn't re-subscribed yet. I take it that Sunrest and Faeblight are low on population?

I'm not sure what the free server transfers are for, if they're not in some sort of trouble. Can someone clarify that for me?

They're not low, its just that if we combined the guilds we'd be pretty close to able to raid completely on our own.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Not really. The guilds on each server have stated that they are having difficulties getting end game instances done with the low population guilds. It was suggested to combine the guilds onto one server to remedy this.

Problem is, some people prefer PvP while others prefer PvE. This is where the debate comes in. I think this is why there were two servers to start off with.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Our two servers are both some of the highest populated in game. Faeblight is higher population with Sunrest being just below the threshold for high.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    From what I understand the PvE activity on Faeblight tends to be a bit more fragmented, and while it's possible the TSM people would bolster the KoA ranks to the point where guild raids were the rule, no the exception, it seems silly for them to give up what they already have on the off chance they could recreate it on another server.

This is why I feel that people should be considering moving to Sunrest, not the other way around. We're getting stuff done and getting known. I don't hear anyone from KoA saying shit. This leads me to believe that people on KoA that raid have already either left or are not really interested. If you can't stand OPvP? Be a carebear on the baby server. But if you want to be part of a guild that really seems to care about its members and their progression? Come our way.

Also the new daily quests are simple. Took me about 30 minutes to complete them, would have taken less if they didnt get flooded with people competing for resources like the coins got when they first went live.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have two friends who don't partake in the forums but are in the guild on Sunrest. Mark them down for not wanting to move but will follow the majority if others go.

Khildith on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ultimately, I think that "everyone joining together" was a bit of a pipe dream, because we'll never agree on a server type.

*edit* I also find it interesting that Sunrest's numbers keep going up (20 responders so far) but Faeblight's still sitting at 12. Where your peeps at, Fae?

Houn on
  • Options
    norealnoreal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've already moved over to Faeblight with my 50 Cleric. But I'm going to wait a little bit for things to stop being so hectic before I try and hook up with the PA guys. Plus there are a few real life things I need to knock out first, like a shower, before I sit here and play this game for any length of time. =_=

See you Faeblighters in a little bit? (The Cleric's name is Ronkauley, btw.)

Is it "/join PennyArcade" ?

noreal on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    While I'm not a director, I feel safe in saying that if any KoA's wanna come hang out with us TSMers, you'll be more than welcome.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm trying to build a good Justicar solo build. Anyone have suggestions? I was thinking Justicar/Druid/?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also, sorry for the possibly stupid question, but how do convictions work with Justicars?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    I'm trying to build a good Justicar solo build. Anyone have suggestions? I was thinking Justicar/Druid/?

Anything post 30, go Justicar/Inquistor and never look back.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ok so I made a character on Sunrest, a mage cause I never played one. I had patched the game, obviously, while set to NA servers.
    Now I want to log into the EU ones, to see if maybe (although probably not possible) I can get my EU chars over there. And the game now wants to do a FULL FUCKING RECOVERY to patch. Meaning I'd have to download 8.8 GB. What.The.Fuck. Switching to NA servers works totally fine btw.

Edit: Ah of course now I realize why it wants that. The patch isn#t out in EU yet, so it wants to DOWNGRADE me! Should be fixed tomorrow then :D

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also, sorry for the possibly stupid question, but how do convictions work with Justicars?

You have a buff called Cavalier. With that one, every time you hit with a damaging life-based spell, you gain a conviction. They last 30 seconds (can be refreshed) and you can store up to 4 of them. Some Justicar abilities, like their healing spells, require you to use a conviction.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Isn't the conventional wisdom 11 in Justicar for Reparation, then everything else in Druid or Shammy for damage output?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Houn wrote: »
    Isn't the conventional wisdom 11 in Justicar for Reparation, then everything else in Druid or Shammy for damage output?

At higher levels, a Justicar/Inq can murder very large groups of enemies, very quickly.

He said a solo build, so that's what I'm guessing he's after.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »

At higher levels, a Justicar/Inq can murder very large groups of enemies, very quickly.

He said a solo build, so that's what I'm guessing he's after.

So Justicar/Inq/?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm thinking Warden to round it out with healing.

I'm still terrible at picking talents and knowing what to attack with. Tips are always welcome.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just find it funny that some people have to keep throwing out things like 'carebear' repeatedly. Kind of immature. I don't often see the PvE sec going out of their way to throw some childish name at PvPers. (I think CoDpieces was my favorite.)

Regardless, herp derp, time to look at patch notes

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    done with the world event quest that starts in RD.

That was fun.

Also carebear whining about being called a carebear.

luls were had this day.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ValoisianValoisian Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fudge. Just caught on that you guys are playing Defiant on those shards. I guess nevermind one of those votes. When I grow tired of my main....I'll look to alt on Sunrest.

Valoisian on
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I posted a guild MotD for Faeblight people to come check the forums. The thing is, a lot of the "active" guild members recently left the guild. Some for raiding, some because of minor drama, some because a combination of the two. The long and short of it is there are roughly 8-10 50's that have left the guild recently, and a few more that seem to have stopped playing. The responders from Faeblight probably represent the active players that actually have forum accounts. There are some active players that are spouses/lurkers/work friends that don't want to make an account for whatever reason.

Before the 50 toons left there were not enough people to raid. KoA did not organize anything in guild beyond Expert Rifts. I'm sure that there are people that have hit 50 since I last checked, just not sure how many.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    One more question for you guys (sorry). Is there a way to assign the second horizontal ability toolbar to a key? I was kind of hoping ctrl + # would work, but it seems that's not that case.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wait, the world events are over already? I just got home from work! :evil:

Houn on
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Elin wrote: »
    I posted a guild MotD for Faeblight people to come check the forums. The thing is, a lot of the "active" guild members recently left the guild. Some for raiding, some because of minor drama, some because a combination of the two. The long and short of it is there are roughly 8-10 50's that have left the guild recently, and a few more that seem to have stopped playing. The responders from Faeblight probably represent the active players that actually have forum accounts. There are some active players that are spouses/lurkers/work friends that don't want to make an account for whatever reason.

Before the 50 toons left there were not enough people to raid. KoA did not organize anything in guild beyond Expert Rifts. I'm sure that there are people that have hit 50 since I last checked, just not sure how many.

Yeah sorry Elin, I got burned out on my rogue and have been mostly playing alts, when I play at all. If anyone needs the dps leather helm, or the +crit 2h rune I can still make 'em someone just needs to PM me or holler in the thread.

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    One more question for you guys (sorry). Is there a way to assign the second horizontal ability toolbar to a key? I was kind of hoping ctrl + # would work, but it seems that's not that case.

You mean like. A bar above your normal 1-= hot bar? Yes it should work like any other keybinding. You may have to bind them individually, because I think they default to alt.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not sure if everyone knows this but, you can toggle pvp on and off on a pve server, so if you're really itching for open world pvp the pve servers do allow it. People do run around flagged on Faeblight. The more you know.

ps: Hypacia is EEEEEEVILLLLL

ICUb on

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes, people run around flagged. And get to fight other people who are running around flagged. But if they arent flagged? or you arent? Sit down and have a cup of tea with the biblethumpers!

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    We drink appletini's or the occasional mojito, no tea on Faeblight.

ICUb on

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
This discussion has been closed.